AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   General Anime (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   most hours of anime in a single sitting... (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=77436)

Liddo-kun 2009-01-27 04:58

It's probably about 5 hours when I marathoned Fate stay/night last Dec 31, 2007, just after the New Year's eve celebrations.
I was able to do it because Jan 1 is a holiday, no work requiring me to wake up early.

Kamui4356 2009-01-27 05:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by brocko (Post 2183405)
I marathoned through all 26 episodes of Nadesico plus the movie once. Actual runtime was about 10 hours or so, but it took 12 hours since i had lunch and dinner breaks in between.

Ah Nadesico Marathon... I did the same thing, only I'm not sure if I had the movie yet. Watched it dubbed, then again subbed, though that was with breaks. :heh: It's one of only a handful of series I can say I've watched completely both dubbed and subbed.

Tempester 2009-01-27 10:44

I believe I watched 15-20 episodes of Yu Yu Hakusho once (courtesy to every episode ending in a cliffhanger). But I had short food/lunch breaks so I don't know if that counts.

That's nothing compared to my friend. I lend him my copy of Fullmetal Alchemist, and he watched all 51 episodes in 1 afternoon/night. The guy's amazing. I wouldn't ever have the patience to do such a thing.

Pellissier 2009-01-27 11:24

The only time I dedicated a whole day (from morning, say 9:00 to late evening, say 23:00) to an anime marathon has been 4 years ago when I was sick in bed for a flu. I was getting better, but staying in bed and watching tv was the max activity I could aspire to do in those conditions. The anime was Card Captor Sakura, don't remember which episodes (the anime is long) but I'd say a total of nearly 20-25.

Other marathones I've done in a single session, were generally never longer than 6-8 hours. I can spend half of a day marathoning a 12 eps series, but if it's longer I split it in parts. Been at least 2 years since the last time, by the way.

MuraKami 2009-01-27 14:23

The first time I watched Monster, I guess. I started early on Saturday (skipping OP/ED) and finished in the early Sunday afternoon. Never slept, nor felt like sleeping.:heh:
Usually, if I have nothing planned for the week-end or don't go to work, I might (re)watch anime from 13 to 26 eps. in one go.

MidnightViper88 2009-01-27 14:49

I've only really ever done a marathon two times...

Once, a couple years ago, when my cousin wanted to watch all 24 episodes of Love Hina from the DVDs I then had (Didn't have the Christmas/Spring/OVA DVDs yet; God help us if I did)...We did that marathon, do the math for how long that lasted...We ended up staying all the way up until 6AM, which is something I regularly do these days on the weekends, but a couple years ago during our high school years, that was a lot of time without any fucking sleep...

I came a couple times close to that over the past two years, watching episodes hours on end of Bleach and Naruto to catch up to the current-running episodes, but never anything nearly as long on a single sitting as I did with my cousin on Love Hina...

Well, except for a couple weeks ago after New Years Day, where I was stuck in bed sick over some stupid virus...With nothing to do and no motivation to do anything as active as playing PS3, I decided to run through all 25 episodes of Code Geass R2 in a single sitting...Straight through all by my sick self...One more episode watched in my Code Geass marathon than I did with my cousin during the Love Hina marathon...Holy shit, was I restless...

That's my personal record...

Deathkillz 2009-01-27 14:53

I personally can't stand doing the "same thing" for more than a few hours but when a title hooks me it is a scary thing. I think my record stands at 15 eps straight of Elemental Gelade before needing a rest. So something like 7 hours.

Reka 2009-01-27 15:52

I guess around ~8 hours with a few breaks.

Melodies 2009-01-27 16:03

I was stuck in bed with a bad flu a few weeks ago and I spent the whole day (excluding a few breaks for meals and 7 or 8 hours for my naps, obviously) watching Eureka 7. Painful headache after that.

Sinestra 2009-01-27 16:12

14 hours bathroom and food breaks of course.

ZephyrLeanne 2009-01-27 21:52

Just did this earlier.

Minami-ke + Minami-ke Okawari + Kannazuki no Miko.

13+13+12=38 eps

I remembered it was about 19 hours. With all the breaks in between. Yes, 19 hours. Madness and laughs, although Kannazuki wasn't event meant to be funny.

Downside? Now I can't make out which is [Saotome]Mako-chan and which is Mako-cakes

Mistypearl 2009-01-28 10:20

It was in the summer, when I finally decided to watch all of the episodes of Naruto (though I cheated a bit and skipped like, 50 ;_;) Good lord, 2 weeks of just sitting there watching it, and then I would sleep and get up. (Reason why? I was too young to get a job, and I go away to school so none of my friends were at home)
Ugh. Almost as much as a waste as when I tried to watch all the episodes of Inuyasha. Atleast Naruto actually still had a plot ;_;

C.A. 2009-01-28 10:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mistypearl (Post 2185906)
It was in the summer, when I finally decided to watch all of the episodes of Naruto (though I cheated a bit and skipped like, 50 ;_;) Good lord, 2 weeks of just sitting there watching it, and then I would sleep and get up. (Reason why? I was too young to get a job, and I go away to school so none of my friends were at home)
Ugh. Almost as much as a waste as when I tried to watch all the episodes of Inuyasha. Atleast Naruto actually still had a plot ;_;

I highly recommend you to do the same for One Piece. You will be handsomely rewarded from the experience.

Blaine 2009-01-28 13:09

The longest marathon i've done is probably about 100 episodes of one piece over about 2 days.

dragon4dudes 2009-01-28 13:21

Longest I've done is probably around 7 hours...

ihpsta 2009-01-28 15:54

Longest was about 10 hours and this was close to 7 years ago. Nowadays it's playing WoW for 6-8 hours. =) I needed something else to do besides goign to work before going back to school.

boomerangnizorro 2009-01-28 17:08

probably 6 hours max for me. I did that almost everyday of summer break last year.

Zu Ra 2009-01-28 17:12

Unless I am sleeping I cant stay indoors more than 5-6 hours . So I have to go with six : )

animeboy12 2009-01-28 19:48

My brother and I watch 37 episodes of naruto in one day, and be myself I watch the whole 24 episode of karin

KholdStare 2009-01-28 20:04

I don't know anymore. I know that there were a few days where I've done nothing except watch anime, bathroom, and eat, but I do not recall to what extent or how many hours in a row. I'll never do it again.