AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Naruto/Boruto (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   [manga]Sasuke and 13 year old Itachi[spoilers] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=46365)

cheese4u 2007-04-23 09:48

[manga]Sasuke and 13 year old Itachi[spoilers]

Before you get your stockings in a bunch, this is not a versus thread. This is a discussion of how I think Itachi at 13 is stronger than Sasuke is now, that may or may not be a stretch but looking at Itachi from when he was that age it seems to me that he was still the strongest. Sure, Sasuke defeated what looked like 20-30 jonin by himself as well as Orochimaru, but Itachi defeated an entire village of Sharingan users without getting so much as a single scratch. This is a close call but I still say Itachi comes out on top, but what do you think?

ibreatheanime 2007-04-23 09:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheese4u (Post 916643)
This is a discussion of how I think Itachi at 13 is stronger than Sasuke is now, that may or may not be a stretch but looking at Itachi from when he was that age it seems to me that he was still the strongest. Sure, Sasuke defeated what looked like 20-30 jonin by himself as well as Orochimaru, but Itachi defeated an entire village of Sharingan users without getting so much as a single scratch. This is a close call but I still say Itachi comes out on top, but what do you think?

I agree, itachi was a child prodigy. he graduated from the academy at age 7 (or something like that).

Sauske is very talented, but he had to work hard to get where he is today.

FireDetei 2007-04-23 09:56

Well not all the Uchiha had the sharingan.....its not a dead cert you'll have it, only afew have it asfar as im aware oO

Again, its all down to timeline and such, times of war, recuitment and whatnot.....but Itachi's record is highly impressive.

Itachi from what we've seen of him as a kid was perfect at everything, and took very little practise to get to that level. His persona seems just totally different to that on Sasuke, that alone just makes me think that they are so different, i just get a feeling from him that He just seems to be in a different league to everyone else in the story, similar to that of Yondaime, but even more "Royal" if u get me, keeps himself to himself so you really never quite know whats going through his head.

Sabaku Kyu 2007-04-23 09:58

Quote:

Before you get your stockings in a bunch, this is not a versus thread. This is a discussion of how I think Itachi at 13 is stronger than Sasuke is now, that may or may not be a stretch but looking at Itachi from when he was that age it seems to me that he was still the strongest. Sure, Sasuke defeated what looked like 20-30 jonin by himself as well as Orochimaru, but Itachi defeated an entire village of Sharingan users without getting so much as a single scratch. This is a close call but I still say Itachi comes out on top, but what do you think?

Actually, Sasuke defeated what appeared to be at least several hundred ninja, plus he has defeated a whole army of CS2 users (with help from Suigetsu). But I would agree with you that Itachi was still stronger, because Itachi at 13 had also defeated Oro (without CS) and had Mangekyo. Sasuke hasn't been shown to possess MS yet. Until he has it, I still say he hasn't equaled even 13-yr-old Itachi.

Mr. Johnny 5 2007-04-23 10:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by ibreatheanime (Post 916653)
I agree, itachi was a child prodigy. he graduated from the academy at age 7 (or something like that).

Sauske is very talented, but he had to work hard to get where he is today.

Well..
Kakashi was 5 years when he became a genin and 6 years when he was a Chuunin.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FireDetei (Post 916656)
Well not all the Uchiha had the sharingan.....its not a dead cert you'll have it, only afew have it asfar as im aware oO

Again, its all down to timeline and such, times of war, recuitment and whatnot.....but Itachi's record is highly impressive.

Itachi from what we've seen of him as a kid was perfect at everything, and took very little practise to get to that level. His persona seems just totally different to that on Sasuke, that alone just makes me think that they are so different, i just get a feeling from him that He just seems to be in a different league to everyone else in the story, similar to that of Yondaime, but even more "Royal" if u get me, keeps himself to himself so you really never quite know whats going through his head.

I havent taken a look at his record or anything but....i think it is impressive what he has achived but then again those of the Sannin or Kakashi is more impressive.
They were (probably) sent into war quite early..both of those i mentioned had great sensei though..

Anyway i think that Itachi (how weird it may seem) has progressed barely or not at all when he was 13. I think he has become only a little stronger compared to when he was still ANBU.

Sasuke defeated Orochimaru when he was in a terrible shape. I think someone like Kakashi could've easily taken care of him at that point. But when Orochimaru would be fit....well then its hard to compare him to others.

Sasuke still has a long way to go....

tatami 2007-04-23 10:08

it will always be like:

sasuke ===>strong
itachi===>super strong

but power alone isnt enough to win...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 (Post 916674)
Sasuke defeated Orochimaru when he was in a terrible shape. I think someone like Kakashi could've easily taken care of him at that point. But when Orochimaru would be fit....well then its hard to compare him to others.

thats not true...sasuke defeated orochi yes but barely with his sharingan...and thats just because orochi wanted to take over his body...

kakashi is a cheese cake for him i think...after paralysing the opponent it is an instant kill for oro.

reloaded 2007-04-23 10:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 (Post 916674)
Anyway i think that Itachi (how weird it may seem) has progressed barely or not at all when he was 13. I think he has become only a little stronger compared to when he was still ANBU

I was thinking that while reading this thread, Itachi was more or less perfect in everything and there are limits to how good you can become. Compared to when he was 13 I cant see Itachi improving that much since he has very little to improve on other than mastering his Mangekyou Sharingan (He could use tsukiyomi at that time but im not sure about Ametrasu and Susanoo is speculation but it would be cool if he definitely had it). I dont think that there is a huge difference with Itachi since he left. Sasukes good but Itachis better.

tatami 2007-04-23 11:49

its because he doesnt need to..when he was intruced he was pwning everyone...why would he need an upgrade...

look all the people who has gotten stronger..they are all pwned by someone :D

MonkeyMadness 2007-04-23 11:51

Just because you have sharingan, doesn't mean you're leet stick powerful. I mean come on, most of the villagers were like Sasuke's uncle and aunt running that little mom and pop shop. Just being apart of the clan doesn't automatically make you a ninja, much less a great one.

FireDetei 2007-04-23 14:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by MonkeyMadness (Post 916803)
Just because you have sharingan, doesn't mean you're leet stick powerful. I mean come on, most of the villagers were like Sasuke's uncle and aunt running that little mom and pop shop. Just being apart of the clan doesn't automatically make you a ninja, much less a great one.

No, having sharingan gives u a massive upgrade and advantage over others, look at how much Orbito improved with only having it for afew seconds.

However as ive already stated ( and would like someone to clarify because i dnt wanna make myself sound stupid repeatedly), from what i read in the Kakashi gaiden and Sasuke childhood scenes, not all Uchiha are able to use the sharingan, only a select few are able to harness it.

Sasuke_Bateman 2007-04-23 14:57

Quote:

but Itachi defeated an entire village of Sharingan users without getting so much as a single scratch

Not every member of the clan had the SharinGOD. I agree with you on everything else.

ChojinLocke 2007-04-23 15:10

No matter who is better it certainly is a bold statement from itachi : that only a true MS user from uchiha clan can beat him. Btw to the other guy from the other topic.. i still think sasuke knows more jutsu than itachi at 13 age level coz of orochimaru + it's not just any jutsu - it's forbidden jutsu. Ok if he accumulated him then even more jutsu. Itachi has the MS so close fight with itachi having an edge.

Kyu410 2007-04-23 21:37

I'm just going to say this. Sasuke could be easily as strong as Itachi just by having MS. I mean come on each battle we've seen Itachi in he uses MS or at least genjutsu which Sasuke got better at. But I'm not saying that Sasuke could easily beat Itachi because no one can without MS.

Oh and I remember that Sasuke killed Orochimaru but when he went into his true form he became healthy. It was the body that gave him a disadvantage but he ditched it and became healthy again although he couldn't use his jutsu. Basically the body had those ailments on it not Orochimaru as himself(own body)

tkdtiger 2007-04-23 22:44

Nah, after looking back now I don't think Sasuke is as strong as I once thought...indeed for some reason I felt he was around Neji's strength after looking at the Manga again...actually I think he may only be slightly stronger than Neji...but not by much...I don't know why I wasn't that impressed with Sasuke's strenth at all....Itachi seemed alot stronger even at that age imo...

MonkeyMadness 2007-04-23 22:58

I don't think Sasuke could've beaten Neji. Sasuke primarily rely on taijutsu, and Neji's set up is for superior hand to hand combat. Neji would've shut out all of his tenketsu and it'll be all over.

Slayerx 2007-04-23 23:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu (Post 916660)
Actually, Sasuke defeated what appeared to be at least several hundred ninja, plus he has defeated a whole army of CS2 users (with help from Suigetsu). But I would agree with you that Itachi was still stronger, because Itachi at 13 had also defeated Oro (without CS) and had Mangekyo. Sasuke hasn't been shown to possess MS yet. Until he has it, I still say he hasn't equaled even 13-yr-old Itachi.

Actually, one thing i would add on to those hundreds of ninjas that he beat was the fact that he didn't kill a single one.
Killing is easiery in the narutoverse since you can use all of your power, and your most powerful special attacks to wipe them out... However, when you aim to just knock them out, then you have to show considerable strength, bascially holding yourself back... it kinda gives you a disadvantage when you don't want to kill someone... especially when you have weapons and attacks that could easily killed if used to their fullest

zamme 2007-04-23 23:12

Quote:

Sure, Sasuke defeated what looked like 20-30 jonin by himself

Jounin? No, those guys probably werent much higher level then genin or at highest chuunin. I dont think Sasuke is capable of fending of a jounin very easily right now actually, he's not far enough.

tatami 2007-04-24 02:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by MonkeyMadness (Post 917554)
I don't think Sasuke could've beaten Neji. Sasuke primarily rely on taijutsu, and Neji's set up is for superior hand to hand combat. Neji would've shut out all of his tenketsu and it'll be all over.

he wouldnt land 1 hit on him...you are underestimating sasukes speed power and jutsus...he doesnt olnly count on taijutsu...he has genjutsu and insane ninjutsu which he mastered all of them,as a matter of fact taijutsu is the only thing he didnt show properly

Hentai Guy 2007-04-24 07:10

One thing to keep in mind about Itachi...have we seen anything that pushed him to his limit? The closest thing was when he and Kisame escaped from Jiraiya and he was forced to use Amaterasu. We know, at least roughly, where Sasuke is as we've seen him pushed to the edge.

I reserve full judgement until I see exactly what Itachi is capable of...to this point he's only toyed with people (with the exception of Jiraiya, whom we also don't know everything about). I have a feeling, though, that Itachi is much more powerful than we've seen. If he's willing to use the single most devistating genjutsu in the series to toy with people, what would he do if he were actually fighting for his life? Plus, just as Sasuke has improved drastically with his use of the wacky "I can do everything eyes," Itachi has had years to perfect his MS... We know the Sharingan is no defense against the powers of the MS (at least at the experience level of both Sasuke and Kakashi)...that alone puts Sasuke at a severe disadvantage. I'll agree that Sasuke is probably more versed in jutsu than Itachi was (then again, most jutsu pale before the power of the Sharingan...and most jutsu are completely useless against another Sharingan user), but I think Itachi is far more proficient. As was stated, he singlehandedly slaughtered the entire clan...and yes, I know not everyone has the Sharingan, but they weren't all shopkeepers, you know...the majority of the able-bodied adult males were ninja, and presumably most had the Sharingan. He killed ANBU members, almost the entire Konoha Military Police Force (including his father, who was a captain and one of the most experienced ninja in the village), Shisui (one of the most talented members of the clan, feared for his speed), and a number of others...all Sharingan users, most with more experience than Itachi in both the ninja world and the use of Sharingan.

Could Sasuke beat 13 year-old Itachi? Doubtful...all of Sasukes jutsu and power mean very little when all Itachi has to do is look at him. Has Itachi improved in his years since? Undoubtably...but the degree to which he has improved is questionable. I think Sasuke would stand a chance given a way to neutralize the MS...from what we've seen, their speed is comparable and Sasuke more than likely has access to jutsu that Itachi hasn't encountered (seeing as how Oro was all about making new jutsu). However, as long as Itachi has MS and Sasuke doesn't, I don't think Sasuke stands a chance...now or five years previous.

cheese4u 2007-04-24 09:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by zamme (Post 917576)
Jounin? No, those guys probably werent much higher level then genin or at highest chuunin. I dont think Sasuke is capable of fending of a jounin very easily right now actually, he's not far enough.

Well that's a little difficult to say, I assume that at least a few of them were jonin because if I recall during the Konoha invasion Naruto & co. were being chased by 9 jonin (as Shikamaru stated) that were all dealt with quite easily by Asuma. So just because there not as good as Kikashi or Gai, doesn't mean their not jonin. Besides what would be the point of Orochimaru pitting Sasuke up against genin, as far as strength and improvement are concerned that wouldn't prove much.