AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

wavehawk 2015-08-29 01:27

I'll admit the box art and concept art got me attracted to it. I really like the head design but wanted a more orthodox loadout--carrying a Jahannam Beam Rifle for example. Thing is that the shoulders have about 30 degrees of movement stretching outward sideways (thus cant spread its arms), meaning that even if I stuck a different hand the Dahak won't be able to hold the Jahannam Beam Rifle or any other rifle in any manner outside of slung under it's shoulder firing forward.

The other thing is that there's no way of modding more posability into the Jahannam without slicing off whole chunks of the armor--it would be easier for me to cut up an HG Aile Strike (because the parts are already very flexible) than to do surgery on an existing Dahak.

so all I can say is What Da Hak.

Chibiloli 2015-08-29 06:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavehawk (Post 5634567)
I'll admit the box art and concept art got me attracted to it. I really like the head design but wanted a more orthodox loadout--carrying a Jahannam Beam Rifle for example. Thing is that the shoulders have about 30 degrees of movement stretching outward sideways (thus cant spread its arms), meaning that even if I stuck a different hand the Dahak won't be able to hold the Jahannam Beam Rifle or any other rifle in any manner outside of slung under it's shoulder firing forward.

The other thing is that there's no way of modding more posability into the Jahannam without slicing off whole chunks of the armor--it would be easier for me to cut up an HG Aile Strike (because the parts are already very flexible) than to do surgery on an existing Dahak.

so all I can say is What Da Hak.

Badum-tsh!

Okay, I wanna order some stuff on Amazon and so far, here's what I wanna get, if you guys got any reccomendations, feel free to share, HG or RG only please:
Miss Sazabi
Wing Gundam Fenice Rinascita/Zero Honoo, still trying to decide between the two.
GM Sniper K9
HGBF Crossbone full cloth
0 Gundam
And some assorted weapons

I want to get my younger sister into Gunpla as well and if you guys got any reccomendations on what I can use to introduce here into the hobby, I'm all ears.

wavehawk 2015-08-29 07:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by chibiloli (Post 5634777)
i want to get my younger sister into gunpla as well

- bearguy! It's almost always a Bearguy!

Chibiloli 2015-08-29 15:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavehawk (Post 5634813)
- bearguy! It's almost always a Bearguy!

I already have both Beargguy 3 and F, and while she does enjoy them, I wanna get her something that I don't have.

Bonta Kun 2015-08-29 17:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chibiloli (Post 5634777)
Badum-tsh!

Okay, I wanna order some stuff on Amazon and so far, here's what I wanna get, if you guys got any reccomendations, feel free to share, HG or RG only please:
Miss Sazabi
Wing Gundam Fenice Rinascita/Zero Honoo, still trying to decide between the two.
GM Sniper K9
0 Gundam

I want to get my younger sister into Gunpla as well and if you guys got any reccomendations on what I can use to introduce here into the hobby, I'm all ears.

Well HG is probably best place to start, just show her whats on offer, if thats abit of a chore to go through then go to Dalong and show her everything and then check back at a seller to see if they stock.

Might what to try SD out as well since they are "cute".

Rising Dragon 2015-08-29 17:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chibiloli (Post 5635164)
I already have both Beargguy 3 and F, and while she does enjoy them, I wanna get her something that I don't have.

What about the original Beargguy?

wavehawk 2015-08-29 19:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chibiloli (Post 5635164)

- Puchiguys! That's the next logical step!

Chibiloli 2015-08-29 19:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rising Dragon (Post 5635231)
What about the original Beargguy?

I showed her that before, she didn't like it, the eyes creeped her out.

@Bonta Kun, yeah, SD is not for her, I showed her the Star Winning Gundam I assembled and she was kind of offended when I said I dedicated it to her, she thought I was mocking her height with it, she's 13 but looks like she's still seven.

wavehawk 2015-08-29 19:57

Okay, scratch the puchiguys, then.

hold out for the Revive Quebeley.

Skye629 2015-08-29 21:26

Quote:

Badum-tsh!

Miss Sazabi
GM Sniper K9
0 Gundam

Unlike everyone else, I suggest you make her marathon/watch Build Fighters and Try before getting her anything

It will help determine if you can first of all get her into Gundam or Gunpla in the first place

Then perhaps she would identify with certain characters and mechs/gunpla

From there you can get her what she likes

Just my two cents

(and jesus, why is it that everyone recommends cute stuff for girls? They like badass/elegant stuff too! Get her a freaking HG Nobel Gundam in Berserker mode)

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2015-08-29 21:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chibiloli (Post 5635303)
I showed her that before, she didn't like it, the eyes creeped her out.

@Bonta Kun, yeah, SD is not for her, I showed her the Star Winning Gundam I assembled and she was kind of offended when I said I dedicated it to her, she thought I was mocking her height with it, she's 13 but looks like she's still seven.

I don't know about your lil' sis, but when my sister said she wanted to try building a Gunpla, I bought her HG Destiny Gundam without showing her any pictures or anything. She just said she wanted one (in normal proportion) with wings, so I thought Destiny with its pink WoL will be to her liking. After I showed it to her, not surprisingly, she loved it. She said the "butterfly wings" looks very nice :D.

Maybe you should ask your sister what kind of mecha she would like to have. Does she want something round & cute, something slim & elegant, something feminine, something with wings, etc?

Chibiloli 2015-08-30 01:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 5635378)
Unlike everyone else, I suggest you make her marathon/watch Build Fighters and Try before getting her anything

It will help determine if you can first of all get her into Gundam or Gunpla in the first place

Then perhaps she would identify with certain characters and mechs/gunpla

From there you can get her what she likes

Just my two cents

(and jesus, why is it that everyone recommends cute stuff for girls? They like badass/elegant stuff too! Get her a freaking HG Nobel Gundam in Berserker mode)

I got her to watch both, and she thought they were all cool, if it helps, the two things she really likes is Lego and Ninjago, I did see her express an interest in my Crossbone Maoh once though, she thought the pirate decals were cool.

Skye629 2015-08-31 01:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chibiloli (Post 5635538)
I got her to watch both, and she thought they were all cool, if it helps, the two things she really likes is Lego and Ninjago, I did see her express an interest in my Crossbone Maoh once though, she thought the pirate decals were cool.

Hmmmmmm

First recommendation off the top of my head: HG G-Xiphos from AGE, got the pirate theme, ninja-esque looks with the slim black profile, and looks cool to boot

For girl-friendly kits you could go with:
- HG Farsia (AGE): Unique design, if she likes flowers she might like this
- HGCE Strike Rouge: Hella good kit and nice colors
- Zaku Warrior Concert Ver. (SEED DESTINY): Good luck finding this for a reasonable price
- HGUC Geara or Rozen Zulu: These may be a bit too complex for a start

Another thought is perhaps take her through Dalong.net to see a sampling of a ton of different kits? (I suggest this site since you can see what the kits look like unpainted or with minimal lining effort)

If you want to get her something nice as a surprise, ask her some questions in a not-so-suspicious manner to get a better feel for her tastes, and keep prompting us. We'll help you find something

And consider this your last warning before your sister gets addicted and you find yourself spending tons of money on her (hehehe)

Skye629 2015-08-31 18:40

MG P-Bandai Crossbone X2 and X3 Ver. Ka are being re-issued if anyone is interested/missed the first releases

Should cause a price drop to some degree like the MG Tallgeese II

Tak 2015-08-31 22:35

Quote:

Last time I got my sister one of those... "stupid otaku thingies that boys like"

It didn't end too well...

- Tak (Sniff)

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2015-08-31 22:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tak (Post 5637157)
Last time I got my sister one of those... "stupid otaku thingies that boys like"

It didn't end too well...

- Tak (Sniff)

Maybe because you didn’t do it in order? :heh: You see, you buy your sister a gunpla after she expressed an interest in it, not suddenly give it to her willy-nilly. Otherwise, it’s a gamble (and it seems you’ve lost the bet :D).

Tak 2015-08-31 23:33

No no no, I am not that naive as to get her something she expressed no interest in. The fact is, she did express interest in those "stupid otaku thingies that boys like" and did express the desire to test waters. Didn't turn out too well. -Sigh-

- Tak

Chibiloli 2015-09-01 02:50

I decided to ask my sister which of them she wanted and she said she wants one like my Build Strike, complete with the fighter, I already have both build strikes so I think I'll just get her either a perfect strike or a strike with a skygrasper with the extra equipment.

Skye629 2015-09-02 22:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chibiloli (Post 5637279)
I decided to ask my sister which of them she wanted and she said she wants one like my Build Strike, complete with the fighter, I already have both build strikes so I think I'll just get her either a perfect strike or a strike with a skygrasper with the extra equipment.

Dont get the HG Perfect Strike, the only reason to get that kit is to get the Launcher and Sword packs in one go to put onto a better HG Strike

There's no HG Skygrasper atm, there's the RG but IDK if thats compatible with HGs, and getting her a RG Strike to start might be a bit much

IMO get the HGCE Strike Rouge
http://static.hlj.com/images/ban/ban989162_0.jpg

Chibiloli 2015-09-03 07:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 5638583)
Dont get the HG Perfect Strike, the only reason to get that kit is to get the Launcher and Sword packs in one go to put onto a better HG Strike

There's no HG Skygrasper atm, there's the RG but IDK if thats compatible with HGs, and getting her a RG Strike to start might be a bit much

IMO get the HGCE Strike Rouge
http://static.hlj.com/images/ban/ban989162_0.jpg

She's gonna hate me but I decided to get her a command gundam.