AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Higurashi (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Higurashi Q & A (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=31717)

maximilianjenus 2009-08-27 10:06

Spoiler for on watanagashi:

Spoiler for delusions and onisarashi:

Dante of the Inferno 2009-08-27 14:01

Spoiler for Counter-discussion:

Ferny 2009-08-27 19:32

Quick question: In Meakashi-hen, in the anime, when Rika went to the Sonozaki house to supposedly get some soy sauce: What was in the needle that Rika had, and why did she want to inject it into Shion? Also, why did she then kill herself after being injected with her own needle?

Joly 2009-08-27 19:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ferny (Post 2609020)
Quick question: In Meakashi-hen, in the anime, when Rika went to the Sonozaki house to supposedly get some soy sauce: What was in the needle that Rika had, and why did she want to inject it into Shion? Also, why did she then kill herself after being injected with her own needle?

Heh heh. My question awhile ago actually answered that, but that's okay. :heh:

Spoiler for Meakashi-hen:

rogerpepitone 2009-08-27 19:57

It would counteract the effects of Hinamizawa syndrome. (It's the same drug Satoko is taking.)

She killed herself because she wasn't strong enough to overpower Shion, and would be tortured if she didn't.

Ferny 2009-08-27 21:06

Thanks to both of you who answered! :)

blaze0041 2009-08-28 02:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante of the Inferno (Post 2608554)

Spoiler for Onisarashi-hen:

Ryuugu-chan 2009-08-30 00:46

Eh...Random small question but..

Spoiler for Onikakushi:

momobunny 2009-08-30 01:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryuugu-chan (Post 2613355)
Eh...Random small question but..

Spoiler for Onikakushi:

Spoiler for Rena:

I might be way off, but I do remember reading something along those lines before.

Daisu 2009-08-30 13:56

Spoiler for Rena:

klare 2009-08-31 08:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daisu (Post 2614404)
Spoiler for Rena:

Spoiler for i understand what u mean, but:

Yami Sonozaki 2009-08-31 09:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by klare (Post 2615951)

What Daisu meant about the marker thing is this:
Spoiler for marker and needle for klare:

Orophin 2009-08-31 09:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by klare (Post 2615951)

Spoiler for Onikakushi-hen ending:

Eryops 2009-09-01 07:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joly (Post 2605137)
Spoiler for Rika, the manga, Hinamizawa Syndrome:

Just ignore the manga. After all it also shows Rika meeting Bernkastel, which never happened in the VN, so I'd take everything in it with a grain of salt.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante of the Inferno (Post 2608554)

She visites Hinamizawa in Matsuri. Even if you ignore that, there's no reason to think she never visited her relatives in Hinamizawa as a child considering that she lived so close to the village.

Dante of the Inferno 2009-09-01 08:03

Even so, Natsumi's symptoms do not match the M.O. of Hinamizawa Syndrome, and the delusions are far more complex than anything that has been documented in the original 8 arcs. It could possibly be a mix of Syndrome and initial dormant mental instability, but again, she shows no physical symptoms in what would be considered the higher stages.

maximilianjenus 2009-09-01 09:14

We need mroe info on her life, remember that satoko also got weird syntoms.

Joly 2009-09-01 10:59

Was the manga written by Ryukishi07 as well? Or was it the artist interpretation? They could have translated the VN prologue where Frederica Bernkastel is speaking to the player as having Bernkastel speaking to Rika instead.

"...Yeah. Not just everyone who lives in this village, people like our relatives who live in Okinomiya are included too. The number of infected people are probably in the thousands. It's because this is such a serious disease that the ministry spent all those money to build a specialized research lab."

From Putting the Pieces together. How far from Hinamizawa does Natsumi live? Perhaps the Syndrome affects the neighboring villages of Hinamizawa too.

Dante of the Inferno 2009-09-01 11:31

If it IS true that neighboring villages have their own parasites, then the situation has changed. Natsumi may have a strain of parasite that is different (mutated?) from the original strain that causes what we call Hinamizawa Syndrome. If so, then there's no telling what changes could result.

Quote:

Not just everyone who lives in this village, people like our relatives who live in Okinomiya are included too.
Okinomiya is still outside of the mountain valley where Hinamizawa is located. Since this valley is apparently the only area that is suitable for breeding the parasites, I believe that any parasites which lead to Syndrome are completely localized. The relatives in Okinomiya would have all originally come from Hinamizawa, and since there is no proof that the parasites can jump from person to person, different villages cannot have their own versions of the disease.

Ithekro 2009-09-01 15:28

A witch did it...with her furniture.....

Orophin 2009-09-01 16:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joly (Post 2617981)
Was the manga written by Ryukishi07 as well? Or was it the artist interpretation? They could have translated the VN prologue where Frederica Bernkastel is speaking to the player as having Bernkastel speaking to Rika instead.

He did not write the manga. He is only credited for writing the original story.

As far as I know, the only things Ryuukishi07 wrote aside from the original sound novels were Higurashi Daybreak and the novels.