AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Fate/ Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Fate/stay night Episode 5 Discussion thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=28598)

kj1980 2006-02-02 22:47

Fate/stay night Episode 5 Discussion thread

Welcome to the discussion thread for the fifth episode of Fate/stay night. Air date: Fri 3rd Feb 2006 (late Friday night / early Saturday morning)

Please remember this thread is for the anime watcher only. If you want to discuss aspects of the game, then please use the Fate/Stay Night Game Discussion thread

Since the series is licensed the following posts are not allowed!
  • Asking where you can find F/sn downloads or torrents.
  • Discussing F/sn fansub groups (past or present).
  • Asking for help downloading F/sn.
  • Asking for playback help for F/sn episodes.
These rules applies to fansubs (in English or any other language) and raws alike.

You are allowed to discuss the anime but please remember to limit the discussion to the anime story only. In addition, please remain on-topic and do not post any spoilers.

Any spoilers from the game will be deleted. The entire post will be deleted (even if there is just a small part of the post containing spoilers). Please use the Report button http://forums.animesuki.com/images/buttons/report.gif if you see any spoilers.

Guido 2006-02-02 23:10

Basing my speculations from episode four's preview:

Spoiler:

Nightengale 2006-02-02 23:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guido
Basing my speculations from episode four's preview:

Spoiler:

It's kendo. And considering Saber has no real connection whatsoever with Taiga, why should she be teaching her?

ctrl-z 2006-02-02 23:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightengale
It's kendo. And considering Saber has no real connection whatsoever with Taiga, why should she be teaching her?

It's not uncommon for kendo to be described as "Japanese fencing." Particularly for those that aren't familiar with martial arts.

I think you're taking Guido's post a bit too literally...

Spoiler for ...is this a spoiler?:

Looking forward to Rin/Shirou at school ;D

Mgz 2006-02-03 08:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by kj1980
Welcome to the discussion thread for the fifth episode of Fate/stay night. Air date: Fri 3rd Feb 2006 (late Friday night / early Saturday morning)

LATE FRIDAY :O omg the watiing is killing meh!!

really looking forward to see Saber more in school girl uniform :love: with Shirou and the kendo match..yay

Village Idiot 2006-02-03 11:23

Post Deleted

kj1980 2006-02-03 12:13

Good show. I especially liked the portrayal of Rin's face at the stairwell as she started shooting her machine-gand against Shirou. Classic.

Guido 2006-02-03 12:27

Spoiler:

justinstrife 2006-02-03 12:31

Love that shot :)

suckoja 2006-02-03 12:53

Oh my god!! Saber in Yukata... my my ~melting now~ :lol: That's made my day!!

prince leon 2006-02-03 14:25

This episode is going to be so good. ^^

Spoiler:

tragicsmile 2006-02-03 14:40

HOORAY RIDER \o/

Mr. Guy 2006-02-03 14:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by tragicsmile
HOORAY RIDER \o/

Finally. Can't wait to see the episode.

Guido 2006-02-03 17:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by kj1980
Good show. I especially liked the portrayal of Rin's face at the stairwell as she started shooting her machine-gand against Shirou. Classic.

You mean something like this.
Spoiler:

Sushi-Y 2006-02-03 17:52

It's machine-gandr. The Northern European rune magic ガンド is written as "gandr".

I'm a little disappointed, when Rin was rapid firing the thing in the game, it actually had real gun sound effects with ricochets.

Also, for this episode
Spoiler:

Mentar 2006-02-03 19:10

A good 7 from me, very enjoyable :)

Every scene with Rin is good. Simple as that.

MrProphet 2006-02-03 19:43

A vastly mediocre episode, in my opinion.

The quality of animation was seriously lacking (sloppy character designs, mainly) and I just can't believe how boring is it to watch Saber, Sakura and Shiro in one room. It's a like an "S"-themed snooze fest. 8)

The only thing that saved this one from being absolutely bad was Tiger's reactions and bitchy Tohsaka (yes, the "skirt scene" was pretty damn funny). 8)

Honestly, I was expecting so much more from FSN, but this is absolutely no good. I simply don't want to watch another uneventful Saber/Shiro conversation where she is being deadly serious for no reason and he is being mindnumbingly obtuse.

There is still one reason to watch this. i.e. the mysteries of the Servants and the battles, but if they'll be doing it this way, then I'll be severely disappointed.

PS: Did I imagine it, or did the preview reveal that
Spoiler:

Srin Tuar 2006-02-03 19:57

I was sortof surprised how hostile Rin was.
after all she saved his life once, and he saved her from a rampaging sabre....

MrProphet 2006-02-03 20:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Srin Tuar

I think that she is just annoyed at his carefree attitude about the Grail War, so she wanted to teach him a lesson about coming to school without protection (Saber). I guess that she also wanted to make a point to him that they are enemies in this War and he shouldn't be so friendly with an enemy.

Sushi-Y 2006-02-03 20:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrProphet
Honestly, I was expecting so much more from FSN, but this is absolutely no good. I simply don't want to watch another uneventful Saber/Shiro conversation where she is being deadly serious for no reason and he is being mindnumbingly obtuse.

What do you expect from a novel game adaptation? There are bound to be downtime scenes, they're important by providing a contrast with the exciting combat scenes.

And Saber is serious because she's supposed to be a tool, not human.
Won't argue with you about the Shirou being obtuse thing though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Srin Tuar

Rin's fighting with her own internal conflict as well. She obviously doesn't want to kill Shirou, but her duty as a master demands her to kill him the next time they meet. Archer gave her the push on the roof when he asked Rin what she'd do if a clueless Shirou shows up in front of her again, and she answered "I'll kill him."