AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Darker Than Black (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Darker Than Black - Music discussion (OP/ED & OST, etc.) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=87389)

monir 2009-10-15 15:06

Feel free to discuss any music related subjects for Darker Than Black here (OP/ED & OST, etc.). As the usual rule, NO POSTING LINKS TO MP3s OR ASKING FOR THEM. You may buy them at the usual place such as cdjapan and what not, but DO NOT ask for or post links to any music downloads. This includes, but isn't limited to:
  • any RAR, ZIP, 7-ZIP archive
  • Torrents
  • The names of other BT sites that list music torrents
  • Direct downloads

Shiroth 2009-10-15 16:03

I'm warming upto second seasons score, though i'd easily prefer it if Yoko Kanno was working on this. It's not even like this series is completely different from the first that they needed a composer that would work along side it, because Kanno has composed for a large collection of different genres.

I'm just guessing that she didn't want to the job. :p

Kaioshin Sama 2009-10-15 16:30

I'm kind of disappointed in the opening by Stereopony in the same way I was disappointed in their opening for Gundam 00 Second Season. Their music is just too lacking in power and honestly I think belongs as an ending theme. The opening sequence also looks like it belongs in the place of an ending theme. It's not that their music is bad or anything, it's just misused IMO. The ending proper however is Abingdon Boy's School greatness as usual. This time they bring us a ballad akin to the style they used for the Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 intro. It's really cool to see a Japanese band with such a variance in style because it doesn't happen terribly often. They're like the polar opposite of Ali Project.

Since I can't find the videos on youtube I'll just link to Random Curiousity who has them up

Starry Dust 2009-10-15 17:53

I always found DtB's OPs and EDs average.
Though I did favor season 1's songs alittle more, except the second ending with the beach.
I dunno, it seems like this season's OP/ED are just lacking. I enjoy the imagery but the music just doesn't hit the spot for me.

Maybe it'll grow on me in the matter of time....

Yu Ominae 2009-10-15 19:59

Already loving "From Dusk to Dawn" for the 2nd season, that's for sure.

hero147 2009-10-15 20:47

After 2-3 listens to the opening, I'm really starting to get addicted to it. :D

Nvis 2009-10-15 21:56

The OP's worse than the previous two in the first season.

Well, I do like the certain part where they flash to different characters with Hei at the end of it.

LightningZERO 2009-10-15 22:33

I enjoy the OP, can't wait for the full song!

SpecterVR 2009-10-16 01:06

I really enjoy the ED, but I can't say the same for the OP.
Still very cautious about this series..

Battler-kun 2009-10-16 06:07

@Kaioshin Sama:

Absolutely agree. The opening is lacking power and something special. So it sounds more like song for the ending.
Really, nothing against the song (though this mainstream pop), but it is just not fitting for me.
It sounds much too light, too happy.

Westlo 2009-10-16 06:39

The OP's alright though of course it doesn't compare to Howling, liking the ED by ABS.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiroth (Post 2707866)
I'm just guessing that she didn't want to the job. :p

I'm guessing she wanted to focus on the upcoming Macross Frontier movie.

Shiroth 2009-10-16 06:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Westlo (Post 2709377)
I'm guessing she wanted to focus on the upcoming Macross Frontier movie.

She's done more then one project at a time in the past, so i don't see how it can be that.

Namihana 2009-10-16 11:05

I saw the PV of the OP on youtube just a while ago.

I gotta say, though it's kinda ED material, listening to it over and over again kinda makes it grows on you, and I like it.

Now to wait for ABS's full music, and listen to it.

Reckoner 2009-10-16 11:12

You guys are nuts. This is the best DTB OP. It's better in general other than maybe the first 5 secs of season 1's first OP.

Shiroth 2009-10-16 11:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reckoner (Post 2709678)
You guys are nuts. This is the best DTB OP. It's better in general other than maybe the first 5 secs of season 1's first OP.

When Hei feels so damn out of place, i wouldn't agree with you.

It's a good OP don't get me wrong, and it suits this show nicely, though i can't even begin to compare it with the two awesome ones we had in the first season.

Chrono Helix 2009-10-16 11:38

I love the 'battle music' I've heard in the episodes so far.

Aqua Knight 2009-10-16 11:40

What is the name of soundtrack that starts as the video starts?
I looked through the OST didn't find it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLchc...eature=related

Battler-kun 2009-10-16 14:02

The background music for the 2nd episode is awesome.

The lonely and sad Hobo Hei wandering around the streets and then the fight with the magician.

-KarumA- 2009-10-16 17:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by 17th_warrior (Post 2709734)
What is the name of soundtrack that starts as the video starts?
I looked through the OST didn't find it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLchc...eature=related

there is no other soundtrack, the song is unreleased
I was hoping this song was going to be on it as well as the tune used when Hei shoots an arrow with cable up the elevator and when he fights in episode 1

Would be awesome if the unreleased songs would be on the next soundtrack for this series, but I'm not expecting that to happen :uhoh:

Renchan 2009-10-17 06:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by -KarumA- (Post 2710374)

Would be awesome if the unreleased songs would be on the next soundtrack for this series, but I'm not expecting that to happen :uhoh:

I heard, there'll be another S1 OST, which contain all unreleased songs.
It'll be released along with the S1 Blue-Ray.