AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) Yoake Mae Yori Ruri Iro Na (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=34452)

Kaoru Chujo 2006-10-05 01:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinova
I LOVED IT when everyone starts freaking out when Feena trips! I am going to so watch this show. :D

When she started to fall, I thought...
Spoiler for ep1:

evil-samurai 2006-10-05 02:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by aroduc
Also, needs more nose pinching.

Overall, didn't seem particularly amazing, but could be a fun little show.

The show does need more!! That was that best part of the episodes for me. Never seen anything like it before :heh: I loved it!

This episode was alright, I dont think I will end up watching but I did love the light-hearted comedy with all the SD moments =)

Li Jianliang 2006-10-05 03:38

I thought that the show looked pretty good while I was watching the first episode, but afterwards, I felt something was missing. It was funny and had its cute moments, but almost all areas need more work. The voice actresses sound like rookies (I think most of they are), the animation looked flashy but faltered at parts, and the behaviors of the characters are...strained? It's like they're being forced to act out the stereotypes they're representing. It's supposed to be a romantic comedy/harem, so that space battle at the beginning made no sense, nor does it really tie into the plot.

I think I won't watch anymore episodes.

Newprimus 2006-10-05 03:57

IIRC the VA for Feena is a veteran. I don't know the rest. I thought the VAs sounded great.

Have you played the game?

KBTKaiser 2006-10-05 08:36

*has cleared the game as well as its predecessors*

Well...judging from the screenshots, definitely a bit more lighthearted than the original setting. Hopefully it does better than Hanihani. >>;

Just so that everyone understands Augustsoft's harem formula...

The cousin: In all of its games, there's always a cousin. We had Matsuri in Hanihani. We have Sayaka in Keyorina.

The childhood friend: Same with this role. We had Honami in Hanihani. Natsuki takes this role for Keyorina.

The "sister" role: not always in every game and sometimes overlapped with cousin. Matsuri takes this role in Hanihani. Mai takes the role in Keyorina.

The royalty/newcomer: for the sake of simplicity, I guess. Mikoto in Hanihani, Feena in Keyorina.

The shy one: the quiet reserved one. Chihiro in Hanihani, Mia in Keyorina

The loli: speaks for itself. >>; Yui-sensei in Hanihani, Wreathlit in Keyorina.

The mature one: aim for the big ones, so to speak. >>; Kyouko-sensei in Hanihani, Sayaka in Keyorina.

Known major role clumps in past games:

Cousin/Childhood Friend: Hanei Yuki (Binary Pot, the first game, main heroine)
Cousin/Princess: Leticia Symphonia (Princess Holiday(Purihori), the second game, also main heroine)
Sister/Newcomer: Amagasaki Mikoto (Operation Sanctuary(Hanihani), third game, see storyline for full info)

If there's anything else that wants to be posted, ask away. >>;

Cyz 2006-10-05 10:21

Is it me or does Mia (Feena's maid) look like Siesta from Zero no Tsukaima?

Srin Tuar 2006-10-05 10:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyz
Is it me or does Mia (Feena's maid) look like Siesta from Zero no Tsukaima?

She seems a bit too reserved imo.
Siesta struck me as more self-confident. She's the kind of girl who would reach out and take what she wants.

Also, the maid in this show is more like a personal bodyservant, whereas Siesta was more like a Staff member. She would serve food and clean etc, but she didnt fawn on a single particular noble.

Cyz 2006-10-05 11:02

I guess so but her appearance almost resembles Siesta in a way :) Btw, screenshots for episode 1 courtesy of Random Curiosity :). You know, I'm very fond of those fairy-tale like animes like Good Witch of The West or Zero no Tsukaima. Looks like I found myself another one no? :)

Kaoru Chujo 2006-10-05 13:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Li Jianliang
....The voice actresses sound like rookies (I think most of they are)....

Feema is voiced by NABATAME Hitomi, who is 30, and debuted as Arcueid Brunestad in Tsukihime in 2003. She also played what I consider another classic role: Nobue-oneesan in Ichigo Mashimaro. And she was Shizuma in Strawberry Panic. For me, she is one of the current greats. As Shinova says, you could call her a veteran.

But the other voice actresses are a mixture of newcomers and older pros who have played minor roles:

Mai (the little sister): Gotou Mai. The only other roles listed for her on ANN are in a violent live-action movie called "Ichi the Killer," and in the upcoming Happiness, as Sumomo. If she really is the Gotou Mai who was in that movie, she is a nude idol in her late 20s, now breaking into voice work.

Natsuki (the childhood friend) is played by Hyo-sei (Yokote Kumiko), who is 33 and has had many minor roles, in anime such as Petit Cossette, Sister Princess, Doremi, Kashimashi, Nanoha, Mushishi, etc.

Mia (the queen's servant) is played by Nonose Mio, apparently a newish seiyuu, who did an effective job as Haruka, the nasty girl in Lemon Angel Project, and has been in a couple of drama CDs.

Sayaka (the "big sister") is Kurokawa Nami, who is 26 and was Raika in Demonbane, Tamaki in DCSS, and has had minor roles in Kashimashi, Dokuro-chan, Shrine of the Morning Mist, etc.

I actually liked most of their performances as I heard them, but your post makes me want to watch again. Being hypnotized by Nabatame, I probably didn't pay that much attention to the others.

As Srin Tuar says, Mia is a personal servant rather than a house servant. She would have a much higher status in the household than Siesta at the school. Saying she "fawns" over the princess is a very modern way of thinking of it. To be the bodyservant of royalty would have been very prestigious, for a commoner in a monarchical society. To tell the truth, as a strong partisan of Louise's, I was never very enamored of Siesta, despite her being voiced by Horie Yui. Unlike just about everyone else, I never found her convincing.

Skane 2006-10-05 13:08

Well, I just watched the raw and the chibi scenes made me go, "Eeee!" as in the reaction you get when snuggling hamsters. The cute factor is strong in this one, and for that reason alone, I am willing to follow this series.

Whether it will satisfy me or not, depends on the strength of the story.

Cheers.

Cyz 2006-10-05 13:24

Feena's VA is the same VA for Shizuma? Cool!!!!

DoReMiFaSo 2006-10-05 18:07

The chibi moments are cute, and I love Naba's voice as Feena.
But it would be better if they cut out that ero-photographer.
Well, at least they didn't show any pantsu shots.

Cloudnine 2006-10-05 18:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
Mia (the queen's servant) is played by Nonose Mio, apparently a newish seiyuu, who did an effective job as Haruka, the nasty girl in Lemon Angel Project, and has been in a couple of drama CDs.

Doesn't she go under an alias (成瀬 未亜) for eroge? I believe she also plays Hinako-sensei in _Summer among a few other games I remember her voice from...

On a different topic, is anyone looking forward to the PS2 version of 夜明け前より瑠璃色な coming this December? My prayers and the prayers of fans have been answered now that Midori is a main heroine with her own original story ^_______^
http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/6322/cha07a00di5.jpg
*frolicks in happiness* I've always felt that she should have had her own story, especially after playing though Natsuki's route... *sniff*

There's also a new character being introduced, Estel Freesia, a temple priestess from the Moon. From her description and synopsis, it seems that Estel falls under the tsundere type~ <3
http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/4244/cha08a00zu6.jpg

FubaredByAnime 2006-10-05 19:50

Quote:

Doesn't she go under an alias (成瀬 未亜) for eroge? I believe she also plays Hinako-sensei in _Summer among a few other games I remember her voice from...
If what I heard is correct, all the VAs in this anime are from the original game, for which they had aliases.

Nvis 2006-10-05 20:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeoSam
Of course, if there are pretty girls then count me in :D

The character designs are definitely drawing me into this anime.

What's the Episode-count for this anime?

toronto 2006-10-05 20:55

Anyone knows whether it's going to be picked up by any sub group? I watched the raw and definately love the first episode. Also I love Nabatame Hitomi voice..compare to Strawberry Panic, this time she act funny. Sound like almost end episode of Shizuma where she blushed.

NeoSam 2006-10-05 21:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nvis
The character designs are definitely drawing me into this anime.

What's the Episode-count for this anime?

12 episodes >.< I was hoping for more after watching the first episode.

Kensuke 2006-10-06 02:22

First episode is subbed by Lunar Anime.

Kaoru Chujo 2006-10-06 03:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cloudnine

Yes. According to this page, she has two pseudonyms:
野々瀬ミオ Nonose Mio = 成瀬未亜Naruse Mia = 松永亜夜Matsunaga Aya
She was in Summer by the name of Naruse Mia. She has been in many games, under the Nonose and Naruse names. She's clearly not as new as I gathered from ANN.

According to this page, Nabatame has several pseudonyms:
シィーナ・コウ Sheena Kou/手塚まきTezuka Maki/生天目仁美Nabatame Hitomi/野中みゅうNonaka Myuu/橙(みかん)Mikan/森りんごMori Ringo
and went by Tezuka Maki in the game version of Yoake.

And Gotou Mai has been in many games, including this one, as 安玖深音 Agumi Oto.

Here is the main page of that site. It gives links to hundreds of seiyuu pseudonyms and who played in what games under what name.

Skane 2006-10-06 06:46

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/5405/012wb1.th.jpg

Cheers.