AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Bonnouji (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=109355)

Somnus 2012-01-02 01:58

Bonnouji

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/2582/bonnouji.jpg

Taken from Bake-Updates Manga:

Fate brings two people who live in the same condo together on a typical afternoon. Ozawa (26) has just broken up with her boyfriend of five years and was in the process of trying to rebuild her life when she meets Oyamada who lives a couple floors below her. He is somewhat of a loner although he does have a few friends and his room is cluttered with all the random stuff that his impulse shopper brother sends him. Ozawa takes an interest with all the things in his room and the two start a friendship that slowly turns into something more.

Genre: Romance, Seinen, Slice of Life

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was browsing through forums and found this fantastic gem. The first volume has been translated into English, and I honestly couldn't stop reading. I'm a sucker for a good romance, or slice of life story. To my surprise (and pleasure), I was treated to the best of both worlds, and great set of main characters. They're older than the usual offerings, and a very welcome breath of fresh air. I won't go into them in detail, but the main duo have the same chemistry I find in other top notch titles (Spice and Wolf comes to mind).

It goes at a faster pace than the description lets on, and doesn't drag at all. Even better, there's no drama to speak of (so far, but I honestly hope it stays that way). Instantly rose to the top of my favorites list, and IMO a "must read" for any fans of the genre.

Chandalen 2012-01-02 02:33

I really liked reading this. Can't wait for more.

~Yami~ 2012-02-09 08:58

cute..... never expect we will get romance in early chapter...

I wonder what is Oyamada's occupation????

lightbringer 2012-02-09 16:58

It's a really cute manga... not much of the usual drama either. "Healing" really fits it well I think. Kind of surprised that there was no thread for it earlier.

Somnus 2012-02-09 17:10

It's a good example of a "warm fuzzies" manga. Which is never a bad thing, they just tend not to be the the most popular. Either way, I'm loving it (we're up to Ch. 15 now, I wish the last two were longer though!).

Somnus 2012-04-19 16:21

In an attempt to gain more fans of this fun, laid-back manga I'd like to report that a new chapter is out.

defki 2012-04-19 17:28

I love reading Bonnouji. This is the kind of manga where you have a big grin on your face every time you read a chapter. So relaxing. It's way too empty here.

Darth SpiderDen 2012-04-19 17:48

Not exactly the most compelling manga out there.
And what's up with the dark clouds on the latest chapter...that kinda disturbed me.

Tiberium Wolf 2012-04-19 17:50

Not sure if I read wrong or TL error... but is there a 2 year period from when the 2 MC meet at ch1 to the current ch that we are?

Darth SpiderDen 2012-04-19 17:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf (Post 4116743)
Not sure if I read wrong or TL error... but is there a 2 year period from when the 2 MC meet at ch1 to the current ch that we are?

If that's true, I didn't notice anything about that.
Besides, from the looks of the pair, seems that isn't true.

Xacual 2012-04-19 19:17

There is indeed a time flow behind the scenes. It was 2 years before they got together.

Darth SpiderDen 2012-04-19 19:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xacual (Post 4116826)
There is indeed a time flow behind the scenes. It was 2 years before they got together.

I didn't notice that.
Wari!

~Yami~ 2012-04-19 19:23

like the newest chapter... so there actually 2 year period time skip in this manga (I don't notice this)

doing a summer party in own apartment sounds good

Xacual 2012-04-19 19:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth SpiderDen (Post 4116836)
I didn't notice that.
Wari!

It was mentioned during one of the chapters that it had been 2 years since she broke up with her ex boyfriend. Think 10 or 11?

Somnus 2012-04-19 19:30

I actually forgot all about that, I remember the first time I read it I had to reread everything up to that point. It didn't (and still doesn't) seem like a passing of 2 years had occurred within those chapters. On the other hand, getting over a 5 year relationship can take a while.

EDIT:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xacual (Post 4116847)
It was mentioned during one of the chapters that it had been 2 years since she broke up with her ex boyfriend. Think 10 or 11?

I actually just finished checking, and it is indeed Ch. 10.

Tiberium Wolf 2012-04-20 04:37

I still find it strange the 2 year span considering the friend of the MC. I mean why did he take 2 years to encourage the MC to confess?

Okashira 2012-05-07 18:54

New chapter released. Ozawa is realizing that she can't think of Oyamada as just a friend anymore.... This step from that friendzoned state that they are in to an actual couple is something that I have been looking forward to since a while

Chandalen 2012-05-07 19:23

The pain waiting for each chapter is excruciating. This is one of my favorites at the moment. I can't wait to see where it'll head at this point.

Excorsism 2012-05-07 19:25

Oh, yes. Dat natural development. Boyfriend has the bold every MC protagonist should have. Best chapter ever. :cool:

~Yami~ 2012-05-07 20:01

oh yeah... I always thought the boyfriend is a pure boy... seems like I'm wrong...
hahaha
like this development