AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

StrikeFreedomV2 2011-11-01 12:00

That sounds kinda harsh regarding the X series. AFAIK, the HGAW's sold pretty good. I would definitely buy more kits of the show.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2011-11-01 12:14

Yeah, If only they would make, at least a decent, HG version of Gundam 'Hermit-Crab' Ashtaron from X series, I'll be the first one who pre-order it.

Zero Hurricane 2011-11-01 12:15

I also liked HGAW, even DX became one kit which I am most looking forward to, if Bandai actually release this one.

Plus the quality of the plastic and the end result, just like MG.

Appel 2011-11-01 12:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 (Post 3836300)
That sounds kinda harsh regarding the X series. AFAIK, the HGAW's sold pretty good. I would definitely buy more kits the show.

i know its harsh^^ but thats how bandai probably thinks about it. otherwise we would have seen a MG X or DX already!
but fans like the show a lot today and buy the models, so who knows what bandai will do^^

StrikeFreedomV2 2011-11-01 14:17

Making more models i hope XD For real, Gundam X deserves and needs more love. It's an entertaining show with lots of great MS-designs. Satellite Cannon in MG-Form...*drools*

Appel 2011-11-01 17:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 (Post 3836468)
Making more models i hope XD For real, Gundam X deserves and needs more love. It's an entertaining show with lots of great MS-designs. Satellite Cannon in MG-Form...*drools*

i think bandai mentioned a MG X in an interview somewhere... but i dont remember the details^^
im sure that we will get a MG X sometime in the future. the fans want it so bandai would be stupid not to bring it.
making money off of a dead show would mean profit for them as well afterall!

Rising Dragon 2011-11-01 22:41

The only MG X I've seen mentioned recently was a doctored announcement image.

maknaedik 2011-11-01 22:55

Bandai mentioned in an interview that they have no plans about MG X yet. It's the same interview wherein they said that Hyaku Shiki 2.0 will be made.

Zero Hurricane 2011-11-02 00:50

When the Hyaku Shiki ver 2.0 released?

And man! No MG kit for After War series?

maknaedik 2011-11-02 02:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zero Hurricane (Post 3837328)
When the Hyaku Shiki ver 2.0 released?

And man! No MG kit for After War series?

No confirmation about its release date yet. They only confirmed they'll be making it. Actually, what's unsure is the fate of MG Delta Gundam. I guess it'll be next year, but maybe still at the later half.

casval cehack 2011-11-02 07:20

What about the other AU series? Imagine, five MG kits from Wing in 2011; it's almost an exclusive WG (Wing Grade), but Bandai is just probably riding the momentum. With this tweet of a new SEED MG (atleast for now), a change in the MG schedule is happening. Maybe (and hopefully) other famous suits in dire need of a MG rendition will get their chance next year.

G Gundam maybe hovering near the bottom of my Gundam series rankings, but I would immediately grab a MG Nobell.

--

Just found out that RG Freedom (18 Nov. release) also has a MG style sliding crotch for improved kneeling poses. The question is, how fragile is the 1/144 version. (via ossan blog).

http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/3...freedomhip.jpg

GameraBaenre 2011-11-03 00:25

IMPORTANT LINK: http://thosegundamguys.org/2011/11/0...-10-days-away/ <-- pretty pictures of trophies and raffle prizes

There are only 9 more days until the first annual Southern California’s first Gunpla Competition, a little over a week away! Saturday, November 12, 2011. Time for a little update to the event. Other than the contest, there will be vendors. There will be raffles with some very nice prizes donated from various sources. There will be live demonstrations on various gunpla building techniques that cover almost everything from start to finish. And other than the really fantastically cool coin trophies, there will be some special awards.

The first annual Southern California Gundam Model Contest (SCGMC)
Saturday November 12, 2011
9:00AM – 4:00PM
Holiday Inn Fullerton
Crown Room
Holiday Inn Fullerton
2932 East Nutwood Avenue
Fullerton, CA 92831

General Admission: $5.00
Admission includes 1 model entry. Additional model entries will be $1.00 per model

Entry Forms
Contestant Entry Forms
Model Entry Forms

The Special Awards
Since this year is our first; we’ll start off small; and will have three special awards:

Best Out of Box*
The kit must be build to the specifications of the instructions. Paints and glue are encouraged, but no other aftermarket parts that did not already come with the kit are allowed. No resin addons, no scratch building, not metal addons, etc. Kit’s instructions must accompany the entry to qualify.

Best Villain*
This is theme award for this year’s SCGMC, best villain. Kit must be a villain, or piloted by a villain character to qualify for this theme.

Best of Show
This is the award for the best entry as decided upon by the judges as a collective.

The Raffles Prizes

Raffle tickets will be $1 per ticket. There will be special bundles for purchasing raffle tickets in bulk. There will be two raffle session one at 12:00PM, and one at 3:00 PM. The pictures should speak louder than the words, but here’s a short list of just part of the prizes that will be available.

1/144 HGUC Dendrobium (courtesy of Otakufuel.com)
1/100 MG Epyon – signed by Bandai’s MG R&D Lead, Sayuri Matsuoka
1/72 Hasegawa Strike Valkyrie w/ weapons set
Bandai LED Packs
1/100 HG Astray
1/100 MG Sandrock Gundam
1/100 MG Crossbone Gundam

Gunpla Building Technique Demonstrations
The live technique demonstration will be 45 minute long session that attendees can actively participate, however, kit and supplies will not be supplied. Kits and supplies can be purchased from one of the vendors at the event. Below is the live demonstration schedule:

10:00 AM – Getting Started
Cutting parts
Sanding parts
Gluing seams
Putties

11:00 AM – Painting
Spray Cans
Basic Airbrushing
Primer
Pre Shading Technique

1:00 PM – Finishing Touches
Clear Coats (gloss, semi gloss, flat)
Decals
Panel Lines

2:00 PM – Weathering
Damage techniques
Weathering Decals
Filters and Fades
Dry brushing
Pastels and pigments

duotiga 2011-11-03 09:23

tmr wld be announcement of seed mg

Quote:

Gunpla Expo World Tour Japan 2011 Starts Tomorrow In Japan
Posted by G.G.
Gunpla Expo World Tour Japan 2011 (UDX Akiba Square, Japan; Nov 4th -6th, 2011)
http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/

Appel 2011-11-03 13:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 3839450)

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/

yeah probably^^ the event just starts tomorrow but i think its pretty safe to say that they will announce it on day 1 :P

DarkWarrior 2011-11-03 15:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 3839450)

Oh boy, I'm pretty excited about this. After having Wing dominate the Master Grade lineup for so long I'm itching for something new. Hopefully it won't disappoint.

suiton629 2011-11-03 16:11

I hope the MG Exia Repair II is 1 of the kits Bandai is working on soon along with:

MG 0 Gundam (Type ACD)
MG 0 Gundam (Roll Out)
MG Astraea
SD Astraea

maknaedik 2011-11-03 19:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3839980)
I hope the MG Exia Repair II is 1 of the kits Bandai is working on soon along with:

MG 0 Gundam (Type ACD)
MG 0 Gundam (Roll Out)
MG Astraea
SD Astraea

It's been a while since you said this, even though it's in your sig, LOL! But I really think, like what you've said in Youtube, MG Aegis or Justice might be the new MGs :)

suiton629 2011-11-03 19:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by maknaedik (Post 3840275)
It's been a while since you said this, even though it's in your sig, LOL! But I really think, like what you've said in Youtube, MG Aegis or Justice might be the new MGs :)

Yea. I think that Bandai is gonna do a MG Aegis and MG Justice. But even Vegeta8259 on YouTube said like he thinks the MG Exia R2 and MG 0 Gundam might be good contestants to get MG treatment soon. If that's true, then I'd be super happy...maybe if they can top it off with the MG Astraea, MG Exia Avalanche Dash, MG 00 Qan[T] Full Saber...

Znozzy 2011-11-03 20:39

personally this really got my hopes up for a MG Aegis, it'd just be awesome, i love the design, both the MA and MS forms are unique (well, aside from sidestory material added after it)

also, after some e-mail exchanging with HLJ and me, i will not be getting replacements for my smashed kits, after i got that reply i decided to just glue and try to patch them up as good as possible, hope it turns out well

maknaedik 2011-11-03 21:12

http://blog.yahoo.com/cybergundam/articles/177054/index

MG Duel Assault Shroud confirmed!! February release
MG Age-1 Normal (February release)
MG Titus (March release)
MG Spallow (April release)
MG Gafran (May release) - didn't see this one coming
RG Skygrasper (with launcher and sword packs)
Limited edition pink Dra-C (want)

More news inside. Very surprised indeed :)

2 MGs for February :))
Titus <3