AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Darker Than Black (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Darker Than Black - Character Discussion - Suou (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=87407)

xris 2009-10-16 01:53

Darker Than Black - Character Discussion - Suou

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Suou related.

To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Darker Than Black fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.

• Adding a Spoiler tag:

http://forums.animesuki.com/images/a...al/spoiler.gif
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!

• Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:

http://forums.animesuki.com/images/a...ons/report.gif
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

• Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Clarste 2009-10-16 06:39

There seem to be some parallels between Suou and Hei. Both have younger siblings who've become contractors, yet both still want to protect them even though it doesn't make much sense. I wonder if Suou will ever come to hate Shion, like Hei did his sister.

LightningZERO 2009-10-16 08:47

Suou's anti tank rifle...that's scary. I wonder will she need any special power to use it

Bordix 2009-10-16 10:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clarste (Post 2709378)
There seem to be some parallels between Suou and Hei. Both have younger siblings who've become contractors, yet both still want to protect them even though it doesn't make much sense. I wonder if Suou will ever come to hate Shion, like Hei did his sister.

I've never recalled Hei ever hating his sister

Got to give props to Suou for being tough; she faced her problems head on and even made Hei look bad in the process :heh:

Shiroth 2009-10-16 10:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by LightningZERO (Post 2709496)
I wonder will she need any special power to use it

She'll need a power to be able to lift the damn thing. :heh:

Clarste 2009-10-16 10:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bordix (Post 2709585)
I've never recalled Hei ever hating his sister

There's a scene with him about to strangle her while she's sleeping. He never completely hated her, I think, but it was certainly a part of how he felt about her.

LightningZERO 2009-10-16 10:59

I thought it just brotherly love? Like killing her so she doesn't have to kill people again

Strange 2009-10-16 20:16

http://moscowbattle.narod.ru/photos/...d/ptrs1941.jpg

Suou's rifle--it's an old anti-tank rifle that was used for a brief period of time in WWII. Abandoned because it was so impractical to use.:heh:

Namihana 2009-10-16 20:19

Impractical? How so?

Please do explain. I'm rather interested in this piece of weaponry. In fact, what is it's real name?

Zwei 2009-10-16 20:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Namihana (Post 2710599)
Impractical? How so?

Please do explain. I'm rather interested in this piece of weaponry. In fact, what is it's real name?

I think it's PTRS-41 or PTRD-41 since this is Russia we're talking about.

Satty 2009-10-16 21:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zwei (Post 2710604)
I think it's PTRS-41 or PTRD-41 since this is Russia we're talking about.

It's a PTRD-41, indeed, judging from what I've seen in the OP; namely the muzzle break and the bolt.

alu546 2009-10-16 22:09

Suou has the potential to be a really good character for this show. She is going to need to train herself in order to be able to carry that gun around though.

The OP demonstrates the change of "worlds" shes undergoing, and the entire train thing was a symbol of her leaving things behind. I think it was all well done, and I dig stories like her's.

blewin 2009-10-17 04:25

Suou'll create the character dynamics needed here to spice things up. It's normal to pair a quiet person up with a more feisty character. I think we can expect some really good dynamics here between Suou and Hei.

Avisch 2009-10-17 09:55

Yeah Im really enjoying Suou as our new protagonist.

The opening really gives good contrast to the character we've been introduced to. She's no longer smiling, only looking very determined and ready to do business.

And I was no huge fan of Gunslinger girl. But for some reason I find it incredibly awesome that she's going to be using an anti-tank rifle.

Quote:

Suou's rifle--it's an old anti-tank rifle that was used for a brief period of time in WWII. Abandoned because it was so impractical to use.
HEY show some respect! Without that gun, death would have befallen the soldiers in Pavlov's house.
Lol.

RGB 2009-10-17 10:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clarste (Post 2709378)

I thought Suou and Shion were twins.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiroth (Post 2709591)

Recoil from that gun would make accelerated healing pretty handy.

Tokkan 2009-10-17 10:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by RGB (Post 2711740)
I thought Suou and Shion were twins.

Yes, but Suou is the older twin.

RGB 2009-10-17 11:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokkan (Post 2711745)
Yes, but Suou is the older twin.

Not going to argue technicalities, though older by a minute or so sounds a bit nonsensical to me when defining big-sister/little-brother relationship.

orion 2009-10-17 19:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiroth (Post 2709591)

But she lifted and tossed it aside in ep. 2 already without any problems. She also called it a piece of junk. :heh:

PTRD is lighter than the PTRS-41. (approx 38 lbs)

So we know she can lift close to 45 lbs.

Strange 2009-10-17 19:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by orion (Post 2712670)
But she lifted and tossed it aside in ep. 2 already without any problems. She also called it a piece of junk. :heh:

So we know she can lift close to 45 lbs.

She's a strong girl, for that age. That's insane, although undoubtedly, the rifle that Nika had at the hideout was probably falling apart and was missing a few pieces, that might have lightened it down.

Namihana 2009-10-17 20:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strange (Post 2712690)
She's a strong girl, for that age. That's insane, although undoubtedly, the rifle that Nika had at the hideout was probably falling apart and was missing a few pieces, that might have lightened it down.

In fact, it kinda looked shorter.