AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Final fantasy (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=11337)

e2- 2004-04-10 07:20

Final fantasy

Are there any Similar games like final fantasy... i have played all of the final fantasys and i would like to play other games like final fantasy... but are there any game similar ??? (sorry for my english think that i am korean and it dosnt bother you)

Ialdaboth 2004-04-10 13:50

Dragon Quest ?
Way better than FF, IMO... :p

There are a lot of games similar to the FF series. Try anything by Square (well, Square-Enix, now). Or the Tales of... , Star Ocean, Xeno, Megami Tensei (excellent games), Valkyrie Profile, the Chrono series, etc.

Any RPG might fit the definition, i think...

Maikeru 2004-04-10 14:07

Kingdom Hearts, Chrono series, Xeno Gears, golden sun...pretty much any RPG.

Griffith 2004-04-10 17:53

The Suikoden series (1-3) is excellent. Part two is somewhat pricy and hard to find but it's worth it as it's one of my favorite RPG's ever.

daliinn 2004-04-11 12:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by e2-
Are there any Similar games like final fantasy... i have played all of the final fantasys and i would like to play other games like final fantasy... but are there any game similar ??? (sorry for my english think that i am korean and it dosnt bother you)

are you reffering to the gameplay in the final fantasies or the FF genre?

if your you mean the FF genre i would suggest looking around the Xeno series, wild arms, or breath of fire.

Komataguri 2004-04-11 12:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griffith
The Suikoden series (1-3) is excellent. Part two is somewhat pricy and hard to find but it's worth it as it's one of my favorite RPG's ever.

Suikoden 1 and 2 are great, Suikoden 3 was a miserably failed experiment that wasn't even a true suikoden IMHO.

DekaMaster 2004-04-11 14:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Komataguri
Suikoden 1 and 2 are great, Suikoden 3 was a miserably failed experiment that wasn't even a true suikoden IMHO.

I agree with you totaly. Suik 1-2 are epics. Suik3 was shit on a stick and that is even after a year delay to "fix problems"

<xellos> 2004-04-11 14:10

Seiken Densetsu 2 and 3 (Secret of Mana 1 and 2)

daliinn 2004-04-11 19:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by <xellos>

my favorite games for the SNES, but i don't find them very similar to FFs except that they are both of the fantasy gerne

Guts 2004-04-11 19:08

Xenogears, breath of fire 1&2, golden suns pretty good and gs2, Suikoden 1&2 rock hard ( only play 3 if you like plot ) and... Tales of destiny 2 & talkes of phantasia. I'd say chrono trigger for those who never experianced the legend.

Griffith 2004-04-11 19:37

Eh, I liked Suikoden 3. The first two are better, I'll agree with that, but part 3 was far from terrible. There's some new info on Suikoden IV in this article at Gamespot. It sounds like it's gonna be interesting, I'm glad they're doing away with the Trinity system from part III and the boat travel stuff could be good.

DekaMaster 2004-04-12 03:31

Quote:

Since Seiken Densetsu 3 never made it to the US there is no Secret of mana 2.

Griffith 2004-04-12 14:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingRanger

Actually, the first Secret of Mana came to the US as Final Fantasy Adventure for the Gameboy if I'm not mistaken. That would mean that the Secret of Mana as we know it is actually Secret of Mana part 2.

<xellos> 2004-04-12 14:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingRanger

ive played a translated version...it sayed Secret of Mana 2 right under Seiken Densetsu 3...i know im not stupid, so dont tell me im wrong

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griffith
Actually, the first Secret of Mana came to the US as Final Fantasy Adventure for the Gameboy if I'm not mistaken. That would mean that the Secret of Mana as we know it is actually Secret of Mana part 2.

yeah, Final Fantasy Adventure was also remade into a GBA game and renamed Sword of Mana

daliinn 2004-04-12 17:23

seiken densetsu 3 is planned to be coming out on the GBA as well but isn't yet official. There is also Seiken Densetsu: Legend of Mana currently available for the PS1 call legend of mana.

edit- correction for KingRanger :)

DekaMaster 2004-04-12 19:17

Quote:

ive played a translated version...it sayed Secret of Mana 2 right under Seiken Densetsu 3...i know im not stupid, so dont tell me im wrong

You are wrong. That is a fan translation. They can call it secret of mana 2 all they want. It's not. If anything it would be secret of mana 3. And Legend of mana is not SD4 the japanese title is just "Seiken Densetsu: Legend of Mana"

Thursday 2004-05-15 10:17

I'd go with Chrono Trigger... Easily.

mah_damey 2004-05-15 10:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ialdaboth
Dragon Quest ?
Way better than FF, IMO... :p

There are a lot of games similar to the FF series. Try anything by Square (well, Square-Enix, now). Or the Tales of... , Star Ocean, Xeno, Megami Tensei (excellent games), Valkyrie Profile, the Chrono series, etc.

Any RPG might fit the definition, i think...

NOnonononono dragon quest is no where near ff... but the other games u listed are awesome

Mandrake 2004-05-15 10:25

rpg style game hmm? I would recommend Knights of the Old Republic. Its genre type might be different then you're accustomned to but its one impressive game. Great story, stunning graphics, and the story ends on the way you play it :)

Sid_Burn 2004-05-15 10:27

How about... Legends of Legaia 2, Morrowind and Etherlords 2 : 2nd Age...