AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=43834)

Shiroth 2007-07-19 18:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by domino (Post 1050535)
the OP single will be released August 22.

Amazon.jp state the same date --- you should be checking there first.

White Manju Bun 2007-07-19 19:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by GriS (Post 1050016)
Spoiler for afk subs:

Ah sweet thanks for the trans ^^

MarcusG 2007-07-19 23:30

Can someone tell me who is the guys' face that is that is randomly appearing in the anime? His expression cracks me up sometimes. This series is pretty much eye crack for me. Some of the jokes are so random its funny or flies right over my head.

tibinako 2007-07-20 01:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarcusG (Post 1050941)
Can someone tell me who is the guys' face that is that is randomly appearing in the anime? .

He is Maeda-kun one of assistant of Kōji Kumeta
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E5%89%...94%B0%E5%90%9B

GriS 2007-07-20 01:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarcusG (Post 1050941)
Can someone tell me who is the guys' face that is that is randomly appearing in the anime? His expression cracks me up sometimes. This series is pretty much eye crack for me. Some of the jokes are so random its funny or flies right over my head.

If you're referring to 'face with no hair', this has been mentioned several times and the answer lies somewhere in this thread too. Quoting for convenience.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo (Post 1041306)
The face is apparently that of the mangaka's assistant, known as Maeda-kun. He is a stock character in works by the mangaka (Kumeta Kouji) and has even appeared in someone else's manga. The idea of using his face to censor bits of a scene is new in the anime, however.

I didn't mind it. It was funny. But I didn't pay much attention to it, either. They may move on to something else later. At least once in a while, I kind of like this obvious way of censoring things, rather than the sneakier ways that are normal. I think it's part of Shinbou's wild style, and pretty artsy in itself.

The information about Maeda-kun comes from this page in the Japanese wiki for the anime, which is a new part of the wiki for the manga.

As much as I love Komori, I also have an obsession with Kafuka and her 'everything-is-perceived-positively'. :heh:
This one might even surpass lucky star and ouran on my all top comedy show.

Komori being scared out of her home and yet managed to find herself locked up in the school seems to be a rationale that we can never change the hikkomori's life (stop becoming one before it's too late!) :twitch:

Kaoru Chujo 2007-07-20 02:14

Ep2. That was hilarious. Thanks for the subs, a.f.k. LS and now this? You guys have good taste.

The hikikomori, the stalkers, the marriage licence, sunny and dangerous Fuura. I just love the character design, especially of Fuura and the lady teacher.

And Kamiya Hiroshi (Takemoto in Honey & Clover) is doing a fabulous job. His intonations are subtle and funny.

Risaa 2007-07-20 04:55

Massugu GO!

Just finished the second episode, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The artwork captivated me again. The characters themselves... they're all great. :) Chiri and Kiri in particular I really, really like so far.

My favorite was the stalker bit, omg that was excellent. :) I'm really looking forward to the next ep. Thank you, a.f.k.

GNU 2007-07-20 05:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by orion (Post 1050224)
So what is the name of that title? I can't read Japanese.

That title is "Golden Youga gekijou", meaning is "golden movie theater".
It is Japanese TV program, which was aired by 1971-2001.

Shiroth 2007-07-20 05:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo (Post 1051140)
I just love the character design, especially of Fuura and the lady teacher.

Good old Hideyuki Morioka, trust him to adapt manga style to anime, like he always has done.

physics223 2007-07-20 07:12

This show has good taste. :)

ragnesis 2007-07-20 16:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by aiu (Post 1049341)
So in episode 2 when Kitsu-san rolled over from the bed in the nurse's office, you can see the teach laying on top of the other bed. And then you can see another set of feet directly below him. What in the world is that about? :confused:

Since anime of this genre typically make use of every little detail as reference to something comically or mockingly, I thought I'd point it out. Does it mean something or just a totally botched animation frame?

I missed that the first time I watched that scene. I don't understand it either. :confused: Here's the screenie:

Shiroth 2007-07-20 16:07

If you think about it, its easy to see who's feet they belong to.

S_K 2007-07-20 16:14

^ I'm thinking it's the stalker girl, as it's most likely her. I can't believe I missed that :heh::heh::heh:

Necro- 2007-07-20 16:42

it's obviously komori!

Risaa 2007-07-20 17:04

I didn't notice it when I watched it, but that is major-creepy. :uhoh: ...All the better. :) I also think it's Kiri.

Ashlotte 2007-07-20 19:04

Extraordinary episode...Had me laughing the whole time. ;)

Heck I didnt even mind the wierd faces this time...I guess they annoyed me so much the first episode because of how they where used in the bath scene, but this episode I think they where used sparingly abit more.

The characters that got the spotlight this episode where just too much fun. Overall loving the way this is going.

Simon 2007-07-20 19:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiroth (Post 1050580)
Amazon.jp state the same date --- you should be checking there first.

Shoboi also gives a convenient summary. Personally I'm hanging out for the ED single, Unparalleled Beauty. Both the song and the animation are twisted goodness.

Other than raving about the general brilliance of this show (the stalker chain! Chiri's "strawberry panic"! Lucky Channel!), I'd just like to say that after the zashiki warashi scene I think Kafuka is the most dangerous student in the entire class :heh:

nhyn 2007-07-20 19:55

omg hahaha thanks for pointing the feet out lol can't believe I missed that!
Chiri obviously has some kind of OCD :D and the stalker chain is simply a brilliant laugh at the usual melodrama stereotype where everybody is related to/involved with everybody else hahahaha
God, I love, love this show. What a "desperate" way to spend time instead of moping on my bed waiting for Haruhi 2nd season lolz

BakaRanger 2007-07-20 20:57

I haven't laughed this hard in ages. I love this show. It's the best comedy show in a long while. Every person in this show is such an extreme type. The growing list of messed up girls falling for the messed up teacher is good fun.

Kaoru Chujo 2007-07-20 22:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon (Post 1052380)
... I'd just like to say that after the zashiki warashi scene I think Kafuka is the most dangerous student in the entire class :heh:

I like the fact that Kafuka is pronounced like "Kafka," as in Kafka-esque.

And the feet under the bed are great. Thanks to aiu for pointing them out. It is also amazing that I didn't notice the two guys kissing -- huge as they were -- until the second time I watched the episode. Ep3 airs in 12 hours.

So far, this seems like a new high for Shinbou Akiyuki, the director, combining humor even funnier than PaniPoni Dash and Hidamari Sketch with the amazing artistic look of Negima and Hidamari, and including an underlying seriousness that gives poignancy to the humor.