AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) BlazBlue Alter Memory (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=119611)

Mura 2013-05-17 20:28

BlazBlue Alter Memory

http://0taku.livedoor.biz/archives/4457812.html
ANN

Synopsis:

Quote:

Originally Posted by From Wiki
Based on the fighting game series by Arc System Works for the PS3 and Xbox 360.

Prior to the events of BlazBlue, humanity was on the verge of extinction from a creature called the "Black Beast." The world was saved by six heroes who wielded magic. They helped humanity create "Armagus", a fusion of magic and science, to defeat the Black Beast. This event would be later known as the First War of Magic. After the war, the Novus Orbis Librarium (the Library or NOL for short) was created to govern the world with the use of Ars Magus. A great deal of dissent was caused by the Library, partly due to Armagus' use in nearly every facet of society, and the widening socioeconomic gap between those who could and couldn't use Armagus. This dissent would eventually form years later into the Second War of Magic or also known as the Ikaruga Civil War, when the city of Ikaruga openly rebelled against the NOL. Upon winning the war, the NOL imposed a harsher rule on the world, punishing any rebellion against the NOL with death. In December A.D. 2199, several years after the Second War of Magic, a branch of the NOL was utterly destroyed by an SS-class rebel named "Ragna" also known as the "Grim Reaper", in an attempt to destroy the Librarium. The NOL, hoping to stop him, immediately announced the largest bounty ever, available to anyone who could capture him. Interestingly, Ragna possesses a powerful form of Armagus known as the "Azure Grimoire". This led the NOL, as well as the other fighters, to hunt Ragna not just for his bounty, but also his Azure Grimoire.

Love the games, waited for this day to come.:D

Guy Incognito 2013-05-17 20:39

not going to happen but it be cool if they sum how put the gag ends in

blackwhite67 2013-05-17 20:40

FINALLY! Words simply fail me.

SilverSyko 2013-05-17 20:42

If it's only covering Calamity Trigger then it's probably only going to be a single cour long. Don't think the game has quite enough story material to go any longer than that. If they were doing Continuum Shift as well though, then things would be different.

Still, awesome to see BlazBlue get an anime series. It's story certainly deserves chance to be told in a different way and experienced by those who don't play fighting games.

Now I just wonder when it's going to be broadcast.

mistress_kisara 2013-05-17 20:42

Yes, yes!!!! I still can't believe it!!

Iggy_Pop 2013-05-17 20:45

Finally, been waiting for this news a long time. Hopefully it will get a good studio

Cosmic Eagle 2013-05-17 20:50

Lol....WHAT

Tokkan 2013-05-17 20:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle (Post 4684959)
Lol....WHAT

My exact reaction upon hearing this news.

I'm feeling happy about it though.

leokiko 2013-05-17 20:57

I really doubt it will work. The storyline is freaking confusing.

But will watch it nonetheless, absolutely love those games, they are awesome.

Chaos2Frozen 2013-05-17 20:57

As elated as I am, isn't the game's story one big convoluted of convoluting convolution :uhoh: ?

demino_hellsin 2013-05-17 21:01

KITA! KITA! KITA! KIIIIIITTTTAAAAAAA!!!

Been waiting forever for this! Wonder if they'd do a prequel OVA if this does well enough?

Also, animated comedy reels. The Rachel reel MUST BE DONE!

EDIT: That's if you take into account all of the repetitions and the various timelines, restarts, continuum shifts. If you stick to the true path then it's one story. They could just dabble bits of alternate paths in but keep the main line. Everything else can be made into shorts? Specially comedy reels, Teach Me Miss Litchi, Help Me Dr. Kokonoe.

SilverSyko 2013-05-17 21:03

Convolution isn't really a bad thing. It can work with the right writer's touch. The audience just really needs to pay attention and make an effort wrap their heads around it all.

And if this is only an adaptation of Calamity Trigger, it's still before the really confusing stuff comes in.

Cosmic Eagle 2013-05-17 21:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by demino_hellsin (Post 4684981)
KITA! KITA! KITA! KIIIIIITTTTAAAAAAA!!!

Been waiting forever for this! Wonder if they'd do a prequel OVA if this does well enough?

Also, animated comedy reels. The Rachel reel MUST BE DONE!

EDIT: That's if you take into account all of the repetitions and the various timelines, restarts, continuum shifts. If you stick to the true path then it's one story. They could just dabble bits of alternate paths in but keep the main line. Everything else can be made into shorts? Specially comedy reels, Teach Me Miss Litchi, Help Me Dr. Kokonoe.

Nu and Ragna need to do the episode previews at the end

Soliloquy 2013-05-17 21:13

Even if the story is confusing, the producer himself probably has something in mind. He has been hoping himself that Blazblue would be Anime adaptation since its inception. I personally thought it would never happen but what do you know? I really, really hope that they keep the soundtrack intact within anime, too. It's much too badass to ditch it in favour of new tracks.

Kirito 2013-05-17 21:15

The wheel of fate is turning. Rebel one. Action!!

Oh my god!!!

Finally! My prayers have official been answered! I mean after the past couple of years of rumors and doubts of an anime adaptation for this series coming to pass, it finally comes to fruition.

I totally - No, I so love this series to death, and I can't wait for both this and Chrono Phastasma to come out. My mind is going a mile a minute right now! This is going to be awesome!

SilverSyko 2013-05-17 21:15

Daisuke Ishiwatari does compose some kickass hardcore tunes that's for sure. :D

There will probably still be a couple new tracks made for the anime regardless though.

Endscape 2013-05-17 21:16

I've only recently gotten into Blazblue, so I'm happy this got announced right now. Really looking forward to it.

Dirty_Harry 2013-05-17 22:08

This will not work. Another game/VN that anime adaptation will screw up.

com_gwp 2013-05-17 22:10

Joining in for a round of WUT

I really, really want to see just how the narrative's going to turn out. :heh:

Nerroth 2013-05-17 22:17

Here's hoping it'll turn out well.

Iron Maw 2013-05-17 23:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by com_gwp (Post 4685074)
Joining in for a round of WUT

I really, really want to see just how the narrative's going to turn out. :heh:

I can't help, but feel that this going to be terrible, but I really want to be wrong here...

SaintessHeart 2013-05-17 23:26

Doesn't matter. *grabs Noel and Rachel and takes them home*

Ichuki 2013-05-17 23:43

This is one of the most exciting news I've ever heard.:D

Kirito 2013-05-17 23:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nerroth (Post 4685087)
Here's hoping it'll turn out well.

I hope so too. I'm really happy, but at the same time it's best to be cautiously optimistic about it in a direction like sense.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaintessHeart (Post 4685187)
Doesn't matter. *grabs Noel and Rachel and takes them home*

I'll take Rachel for myself because I'm a big fan of Kana Ueda and I really love and main/play(ed) the character religiously in all the iterations of the series. Can't wait to see her in the anime!:love:

sayde 2013-05-17 23:58

This is the first fighting game franchise I'm fully excited about seeing get an anime adaption (although its too bad they couldn't do something like this with the Guilty Gear franchise first).

I hope it succeeds in serving as a decent substitute for those (like myself) who just want to get a better understanding of the main parts of the plot without having to play through the franchises lengthy story modes. With any luck, this anime might just inspire me to pick up the controller and play these games again from the beginning.

demino_hellsin 2013-05-18 00:17

I very much think the anime will be original route. Maybe the weird amalgam that is like what happened with FS/N :uhoh:

Hopes aren't that high for a perfect retelling, but at the very least I pray that it captures the essence of the characters and general plot. Hopelessness, humor amidst all that. It probably wasn't the most moving but it could be intense if it wanted to.

Duo Maxwell 2013-05-18 00:23

I have a very mixed feeling about this, because I know fully well how much of a clusterfuck its story was.

Just hope it won't turn out bad.

Echoes 2013-05-18 02:21

This is interesting news. I too wonder how they're going to shrink the story down to a manageable and cohesive chunk, but to be honest, I won't be disappointed even if they end up making a lot of changes. I enjoy the story, especially for a fighting game, but I'm not married to it. As long as they stay true to the spirit of the characters, I'll be satisfied.

I'm excited about the possibility of seeing my favorite characters on screen. (As much Nu and Tsubaki as humanly possible, please!) Whether or not they manage to capture the game's character designs will be a big selling point for me, and I really hope they get a nice, substantial animation budget for this series. This is a fighting game adaptation, after all, and smoothly animated, stylized battle sequences *need to happen* for this to be everything it could be. Talking heads just won't cut it.

Kismet-chan 2013-05-18 02:24

I... I'm not sure how I feel.

On one hand, BB is one of those games where while I was playing it, I asked myself, "Why wasn't this an anime to begin with? This is totally anime material."

Yet on another hand, while I was playing it, I was like, "God, this story... These characters... This should never be an anime. It'd be horribly convoluted and just bad."

I am going to be extremely cautious with this. I stopped playing BB after the first one because when I read the spoilers to the second, I couldn't deal with how crazy things were getting. The plot is just a big nasty mess (although, I do NOT hate it, as I enjoy it from a guilty pleasure PoV). I hope it can be turned into something that's at least decent...

synaesthetic 2013-05-18 02:45

This does not seem like a good idea... I could not really comprehend the games' plots.

RRW 2013-05-18 03:04

2 thing can happens

1)

Studio: Animate it as simple as possible and easy to understand
Fans: "WHY THEY NOT ANIMATE THIS PART!!!!!!"

2)
Studio: The anime contain majority plot point of the game
Fans: "OMG! THIS IS TOO CLUSTERFUCK!!!!!"

:rolleyes:

either way people will complain

Westlo 2013-05-18 03:07

Who cares about the plot, worry about the sakuga.

Nayim 2013-05-18 03:23

Unless it's brand new story (In before time loop topic).

Here's the problem: The fandom aware the story self explanatory are confusing. If Mori aware the story are confusing (I remember he did said add something new that never been in game before), that would this actually green light planning into anime adaption is totally busted.

Tokkan 2013-05-18 03:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nayim (Post 4685460)
Speaking of which since this animated by Production IG

LOL, where did you hear that? It's certainly not impossible since IG did the animation for Extend, but nothing has been announced other than the fact there's going to be an anime. We'll probably get more details at Arc Fes tomorrow, though.

Tyabann 2013-05-18 03:28

First Sidonia and now this. What's up with this week? :heh:

Nayim 2013-05-18 03:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokkan (Post 4685465)
LOL, where did you hear that? Not to imply that it's impossible since IG did the animation for Extend, but nothing has been announced other than the fact there's going to be an anime.

TYPO'D:heh:

Sheba 2013-05-18 03:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen (Post 4684973)
As elated as I am, isn't the game's story one big convoluted of convoluting convolution :uhoh: ?

It boils down to Nakamura Yuuichi dude trolls EVERYONE.

I am just hoping that #1. they keep the original voice cast, #2. It don't turn out bad.

p-kun 2013-05-18 08:18

With the recent game to anime disappointment (DeSu2), I am pessimistic about another game to anime conversion. With the amount of cheese and mess in the story, Blazblue will need one hell of a director to make the anime good and the main characters compelling. In the meanwhile, I'm going to lower my expectation as low as possible so I can enjoy whatever I get. At the very least the VAs would be great.

Kopi 2013-05-18 09:00

As long as I get to see Hazama trolling the casts in anime form, I'm satisfied :D

alluka 2013-05-18 09:15

Definitely watching this, though I wonder how they are going to handle the plot :eyespin:

I just hope the studio who animated the intro of continuum shift isn't in it, that would be really disappointing.