AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Light Novels (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=157)
-   -   Persona x Detective NAOTO [Light Novel] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=112206)

SilverSyko 2012-05-11 18:12

Persona x Detective NAOTO [Light Novel]

This novel series is a spin-off of the video game "Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4" originally released on the Playstation 2 in 2008. It stars one of the major characters of that game, Naoto Shirogane, as the main character, who at the time of this novel is a 16-17 year old police detective.

It takes place one year after the events of Persona 4 and features Naoto in a brand new town with a brand new school. While there she deals with the mystery of a bunch of recent disappearances...

The cover of the first volume has been released, which features Naoto's redesign:

http://blog-imgs-51.fc2.com/y/a/r/ya...0510194029.jpg

No words yet on an exact release date, but it's confirmed to be Spring 2012. Rather soon.~

-------

Hey wow, an actual light novel that I'm actually considering reading? That's unexpected.~

To be fair though I'm already a huge fan of the Persona game series, but even then I'm not 100% sure I'll give this a shot if it's translated. I tend to find novels boring and this being just a spin-off doesn't really mean it'll have any significance to the overall continuity of the franchise.

But hey, at least it actually looks better than the majority of LN's that's for sure.~

MAX_COLA_POWER! 2012-05-11 18:17

HOLY MOTHER OF GENDER SELF-ACCEPTANCE BATMAN! Yuu, wherever you are, THANK YOU! THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR MAKING NAOTO REALIZE THAT'S SHE'S BETTER BEING HERSELF INSTEAD OF A DUDE!

Soji 2012-05-11 18:18

A Ln with her a MC . I really don't aspect this ....hope some one will traslate this one when come out. Because seem to be really interesting. Also I wonder if we will see some one else from the old group.Then again the only one that i can see being here would be Yu or Rise(or both).
The other one would be pretty hard for them to be in this ln.

Von Himmel 2012-05-11 19:51

Is that even Naoto ffffffuu-
I mean, long hair! Curves! That sexy smug! Do you have larger pictures of it? :heh:
Quote:

It takes place one year after the events of Persona 4 and features Naoto in a brand new town with a brand new school. While there she deals with the mystery of a bunch of recent disappearances...
I thought during that timeline, the events in the fighting game supposed to take place..?

SilverSyko 2012-05-11 20:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Von Himmel (Post 4156127)
Do you have larger pictures of it? :heh:

Unfortunately I could not find one bigger without the quality being severely reduced. :(

Quote:

I thought during that timeline, the events in the fighting game supposed to take place..?
Persona 4: Arena takes place 2 months after Persona 4. This takes place one year after Persona 4. There's 10 months between them.

Krizalids 2012-05-11 20:40

Aww yeah :love:
lots of P4 this year :eyespin:

Log 2012-05-11 20:41

Go Naoto chan! :)

But there's no Yu. :(

Von Himmel 2012-05-11 20:55

Thanks for the confirmation there :p
Quote:

Aww yeah
lots of P4 this year
My frickin' nose won't stop nosebleeding.. :<

Kirito 2012-05-12 00:58

Wow!

First a really cool anime series, two new Persona 4 games, and now a novel! This is definitely the year of the Persona.

Soji 2012-05-12 02:04

Krizalids@ Wow thanks for the pic.
wonder
Spoiler for spoiler:

Quote:

But there's no Yu.:(
I think it's to soon to say this.

Shadow5YA 2012-05-15 10:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soji (Post 4156524)
Krizalids@ Wow thanks for the pic.
wonder
Spoiler for spoiler:

I think it's to soon to say this.

Both her lover and friends route have the same character development. The only difference is a confession and a visit to Yu's room. The same goes for all the other girls as well.

Soji 2012-05-15 11:19

Shadow5YA@Yeah i remember about this but i was not sure about Naoto i thought the thing was only in the lover route. So thanks to clear this up.

GDB 2012-05-15 11:21

How the hell can someone's hair for from pixie-short to ass-crack long in one year?

SilverSyko 2012-05-16 00:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by GDB (Post 4161609)
How the hell can someone's hair for from pixie-short to ass-crack long in one year?

Hair extensions? ;)

Seriously though, I don't think there's any purpose in questioning it. If you're going to ask that you may as well ask why Yu has a full head of grey hair when he's only a teenager. You're not going to get a realistic reason. :heh:

Metalsnakezero 2012-05-19 21:35

How in the world did I missed this!? (Seeing the new design of Naoto, I already know about the novel). Man, I hope someone will translate the novel because I would totally read it.

Westlo 2012-05-19 22:36

*sees new Naoto design*

Yu messed up not choosing her!

Kirito 2012-05-20 00:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Westlo (Post 4167810)
*sees new Naoto design*

At least she look boss! Naoto fans can take that as a win, right?:heh:

zeniselv 2012-05-20 03:11

this got me by surprise, i hope is nothing like trinity soul though.

Soji 2012-05-20 03:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Westlo (Post 4167810)
*sees new Naoto design*

But there is no canon girl in the game from what i know/remember:heh:
But I do agree that Naoto you look it's really good.

Metalsnakezero 2012-05-21 17:37

Found a magazine page about the novel. Not all of it is in view but if anyone is willing to translate what is visible go right ahead.