AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam AGE Mecha, Weapons, and Technology (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=107691)

CrowKenobi 2011-10-18 18:29

Gundam AGE Mecha, Weapons, and Technology

As the title suggests, the purpose of this thread is to discuss Gundam AGE Mecha, Weapons, and Technology

Please keep discussion about plot and storylines in the relevant Episode Discussion threads, not here. It's also a good idea that this thread discuss things that have shown up on the show or the manga - discussion of things that have only been announced should stay in the news thread.

Note that because of the nature of this thread, there may be spoilers for non-anime Gundam AGE works. Please keep such spoilers to a minimum, and use well-titled spoiler tags whenever possible.

[spoiler=title]Don't forget to use a title to let everyone know what you're spoiling![/spoiler]
Spoiler for title:

Be polite to your fellow forum members and try and keep the discussion on topic and above all, enjoy.

GN0010 Nosferatu 2011-10-18 18:41

Ohhh I know several members (including myself) who are gonna have a field day with this thread. This series started off with so much tech, it's mind boggling to even try and pick just one. Thanks for creating this thread Crow! :D

casval cehack 2011-10-18 20:20

Ok then, let's start with the spoilers at the back of AGE-1. As of the moment, AGE-1 seems to be not designed to receive packs, just swappable parts. The spoilers and the two big exhaust beneath it must be important, starting with maneuverability. But how important?

SonicSP 2011-10-18 20:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu (Post 3813765)
Ohhh I know several members (including myself) who are gonna have a field day with this thread. This series started off with so much tech, it's mind boggling to even try and pick just one. Thanks for creating this thread Crow! :D

Relative to Gundam 00, I'll have to say the opposite. The side materials have been very thin when it comes to the technology elaboration (I'm hoping this would change eventually). Then again, 00 might be the exception rather than rule for now that I think about it.

There is however a lot of mechs to discuss about. And I mean a lot.

GN0010 Nosferatu 2011-10-18 21:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicSP (Post 3813904)
Relative to Gundam 00, I'll have to say the opposite. The side materials have been very thin when it comes to the technology elaboration (I'm hoping this would change eventually). Then again, 00 might be the exception rather than rule for now that I think about it.

There is however a lot of mechs to discuss about. And I mean a lot.

The show just started, and I think we've gotten a nice bit of juicy info. Mainly about the AGE Builder, which I'm sure as the show goes on, will offer us more stuff to discuss on. But like I said, the show just started, it'll take time for any real tech info come out. But that's the fun of a thread like this. We get to come up with our own theories and debates, brain exercises if ya will.

SonicSP 2011-10-18 21:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu (Post 3813960)
The show just started, and I think we've gotten a nice bit of juicy info. Mainly about the AGE Builder, which I'm sure as the show goes on, will offer us more stuff to discuss on. But like I said, the show just started, it'll take time for any real tech info come out. But that's the fun of a thread like this. We get to come up with our own theories and debates, brain exercises if ya will.

Well, the thing about the AGE Builder is that its a mechanism rather than a technology, there's a difference betwen the two. I guess what I really want to know is why the AGE-1 is so powerful; there must be something in the schematics that make it much more powerful than the Genoace to outpower a Gafran so easily.

But I guess your right, the show has just started and that leaves plenty of room for speculation discussions. I guess eventually the sourcebooks and higher graded manuals would elaborate it I hope.

==============

I guess I'll start:

For the moment, I'm going with a super duper expensive, complex high output reactor design (we're talking about the Twin Drive's of other standard reactors here); and that allows the AGE to use powerful weapons like the DODS Rifle that an ordinary Genoace can't even dream off and I guess that extends to its possible power armor I guess. Because if theoretically AGE is powerful purely because of a reactor, than all its other componants are likely designed far beyond the normal practicalities of a normal combat mobile suit.

Than again, other combat mobile suit technologies are pretty subpar at the moment. I mean the Genoace were hastily created from the Desperado and I guess humanity not having wars for a long time made them weaker in the wake of an external war threat that might already technologically superior in the first place.

Also curious to know whether the AGE-1 even have a time limit operational time. I'm guessing not since something that important would likely have been mentioned by now.

Dark Wing 2011-10-18 22:15

One thing i want to one is the evolution chart here legitimate or not?...:confused:

Spoiler:

GN0010 Nosferatu 2011-10-18 22:23

No, it is not legitimate.

Duo Maxwell 2011-10-18 22:24

The AGE GOLD is a joke one. Don't take it seriously.

I don't expect much technology exposure in AGE anyway, or at least on Gundam 00 level.
Just kinda wonder how much better is the Genoace custom compare to the regular one.

casval cehack 2011-10-19 00:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell (Post 3814076)

I don't expect much technology exposure in AGE anyway, or at least on Gundam 00 level.
Just kinda wonder how much better is the Genoace custom compare to the regular one.

Ok, the Genoace custom has two boosters at the back and armed with a bigger rifle with a bayonet. Arguably, two times faster than a Genoace then?

GN0010 Nosferatu 2011-10-19 01:21

I don't think the customized Genoace is any different than the regular one. Aside from the obvious cosmetic appearance. It's Wolf's skill level that makes it effective.

SonicSP 2011-10-19 01:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell (Post 3814076)

Yeah, personally I do not expect it as well. 00 was a bit of an exception among AUs I guess.

Still, I guess I'm hungry for just about anything. I mean, at least a powerplant type. I'm surprised they bothered to give it for the Desperados in a simple description but not for either the Genoace or the AGE-1. I hope they will eventually though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu (Post 3814285)
I don't think the customized Genoace is any different than the regular one. Aside from the obvious cosmetic appearance. It's Wolf's skill level that makes it effective.

I have to disagree, it would be hard for it to beat anything if its at the level of a normal Genoace, no matter what the skill level. While I don't expect it to be an AGE-1, I still expect it to be stronger than a normal Genoace somehow. Especially when we're talking about enemies that most weapons don't even scratch here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Wing (Post 3814065)
One thing i want to one is the evolution chart here legitimate or not?...:confused:

No, its not. Thank God its not.

For the record, the gold is added into the original image but the original three were released like almost a month ago. We're still have not confirmed whether they are real or not, but we should not assume they're official. Some have speculated that they're early AGE-2 and 3 design prototypes. Also, Spallow is spelled Spark in this one, leading those who theorise that they're preliminary designs to believe that's one of the prototype names for Spallow.

I personally did not see the point of a mecha thread with so little mech info out but it seems that the mecha discussions is rolling around fine when it becomes the primary focus, so I'm glad it was made.

Kuroi Hadou 2011-10-19 01:46

My bet is the Genoace Custom uses a schematics design that calls for parts similar to the AGE-1. Similar, but not as high-performance.

SonicSP 2011-10-19 01:52

I can't get enough of the scene where the DODS was fired. The spinning beam effect motion is kinda cool.

Patriot's Blade 2011-10-19 03:55

what & how do the UE MSses propel themselves in both the atmosphere & in space?

Duo Maxwell 2011-10-19 04:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. (Post 3814446)
what & how do the UE MSses propel themselves in both the atmosphere & in space?

Purple Magic Dust.

casval cehack 2011-10-19 05:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell (Post 3814476)
Purple Magic Dust.

Not sure if serious, then again...

http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/9631/unicornv.jpg

aeriolewinters 2011-10-19 05:50

GN Particles?

brightman 2011-10-19 05:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicSP (Post 3814307)
Yeah, personally I do not expect it as well. 00 was a bit of an exception among the AUs I guess

CE was the same too, though the problem with CE was that they introduced way too much different technology and it made the tech tree too convoluted

I think they will get a bit more into details of this show down the road though. I don't think we got detailed tech info this early for 00 either. And I think it was mentioned in one of the interviews that detailed background info is one of the staples of the franchise and they intended to have that here too

GundamFan 2011-10-19 12:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicSP (Post 3814307)
I have to disagree, it would be hard for it to beat anything if its at the level of a normal Genoace, no matter what the skill level. While I don't expect it to be an AGE-1, I still expect it to be stronger than a normal Genoace somehow. Especially when we're talking about enemies that most weapons don't even scratch here.

Yeah that's true skill can only over come some much plus given how poorly the Genoace's stanard beam rifle performed I'm skeptical whether any of it's weapons would be able to scratch a UE.
Also I looked over Mahq.net they have Wolf's custom Genoace as using a beam spray gun III B and the regular Genoace using a beam spray gun. I think we can presume the B stand for bayonet on the beam spray gun III B and hopefully it has enough power to take out a UE with a couple of shots and they some extra beam spray gun III for the regular Genoace they are using.