AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) World Destruction (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=65809)

duckroll 2008-04-24 08:59

World Destruction

World Destruction Anime

http://img156.imagevenue.com/loc948/..._122_948lo.jpg

Staff

Director: Shunsuke Tada
Series Editor/Script: Masahiro Yokotani
Character Design: Keita Matsumoto
Music: Yoshihiro Ike
Animation: Production IG
Production: Sega/Geneon Entertainment

Cast

Kirie Irunisu: Mamoru Miyano
Morute Aashera: Maaya Sakamoto
Agan Maadoru: Hiroyuki Yoshino
Ri A: Yu Kobayashi
Naja Gurefu: Daisuke Ono
Toppi Topuran: ??? (rumored to be Tohru Furuya)

margafred 2008-04-24 20:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haohmaru (Post 1557441)
Is there any inforation on air date? Since the game is coming out in Summer, wouldn't it be nice if it aired in Summer as well?

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeoSam (Post 1554851)
The video game company Sega has announced a new role playing game that's titled: World Destruction, along with the release of the game there will also be an anime that will start broadcast in July 2008.

Japan's summer anime season start at every end of June/early July till end of September,which means the World Destruction anime was indeed planned to be aired this coming summer 2008 (July~September).

Kouji 2008-04-24 22:48

World Destruction

Staff of World Destruction Game

Scenario Writer
Masato Kato [Chrono Trigger, FFVII]

Character Designer
Kunihiko Tanaka [Xenosaga Episode I, Key the Metal Idol, Ruin Explorers]

Composer
Yasunori Mitsuda [Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Mario Party, Xenosaga]

Spoiler for Synopsis of the game:

[This game staff list is for information purposes only. Please put any future posts about the game in the Games forum. This thread's OP contains the list of World Destruction anime's staff. - 4Tran]

BearShare 2008-04-24 22:49

Should be better than GONZO's game adaption.

Kouji 2008-04-24 22:51

Yeah, well. We'll see how this turns out :).

MUAHAHAHAHAHA 2008-04-24 23:53

Wow.....I.G+some of my favourite seiyuus+interesting and intriguing synopsis=must watch.I am so f****** in.Somehow the synopsis reminded me of X/1999.When is this coming out?

duckroll 2008-04-24 23:55

-problem fixed-

Kaioshin Sama 2008-04-25 00:39

Yeah I believe this belongs in the games section for sure,.

Well aside from worrying about when it gets moved, the production team has the opposite effect on me that it does on most people. I mean I like Yasunori Mitsuda, but Production I.G, Sega, and the guy that wrote FFVII have a rocky relationship with me in that I tend to rip on all of them a lot.

Interesting cast though.

duckroll 2008-04-25 00:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama (Post 1558048)
Yeah I believe this belongs in the games section for sure,.

Well aside from worrying about when it gets moved, the production team has the opposite effect on me that it does on most people. I mean I like Yasunori Mitsuda, but Production I.G, Sega, and the guy that wrote FFVII have a rocky relationship with me in that I tend to rip on all of them a lot.

Interesting cast though.

Production IG is doing the anime, Image Epoch is making the game. Image Epoch is doing the FMVs themselves in-house too, no P-IG. Kato is actually better known for writing Chrono Cross, Xenogears and Baten Kaitos. And the seiyuu cast is confirmed for the anime ONLY, not the game.

As I said he confused a bunch of stuff and just posted without thinking. :(

nixie 2008-04-25 04:08

Interesting synopsis. I sure hope they complete the mission instead of ending with "the world gets second chance" again. I think it will. But IG+Miyano+Maaya+Hiroyuki sounds awesome anyway. :D

Kaijin 2008-04-25 20:55

Here's the official web site: http://wd.sega.jp/index.html

Moon Phase has the start date listed as 2008/07

Joachim 2008-04-25 23:26

damn kato? he wrote xenogears? im so into this anime then

duckroll 2008-04-26 01:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joachim (Post 1559850)
damn kato? he wrote xenogears? im so into this anime then

Kato is only writing the GAME. The anime staff is different. This entire thread is a mistake.

Anime staff is here: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=2335

rg4619 2008-04-26 01:38

Quote:

damn kato? he wrote xenogears?
Kato was one of four writers on the development team (mainly responsible for the Shevat portion of the story, along with the related characters), but he wasn't the main person who planned and envisioned the overall scenario/universe. Chrono Cross, Final Fantasy XI, and Deep Labyrinth would probably be the best indicators of his original writing.

At any rate, duckroll is right about the differences between the game and anime projects.

kujoe 2008-04-26 02:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by nixie (Post 1558094)
Interesting synopsis. I sure hope they complete the mission instead of ending with "the world gets second chance" again. I think it will. But IG+Miyano+Maaya+Hiroyuki sounds awesome anyway. :D

But if they do complete the first part of their mission (i.e., to destroy the world), it will probably result into a reset. That's still a second chance if you ask me.

I have to say though that both the anime and the game have piqued my interest somewhat.

Niu 2008-04-26 03:18

Masato Kato.....
OH NOES

nixie 2008-04-26 04:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by kujoe (Post 1560062)
But if they do complete the first part of their mission (i.e., to destroy the world), it will probably result into a reset. That's still a second chance if you ask me.

I have to say though that both the anime and the game have piqued my interest somewhat.

Alright, that needs rephrasing. :heh: "The inhabitants" get second chance. Don't want that.

TinyRedLeaf 2008-04-26 05:09

The Japanese are very fond of their apocalyptic, "end-of-the-world" stories aren't they? This would not be the first game nor anime to feature this premise. Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne literally began with the end of the world. There was nothing left to save. As the main character, you could only help to decide the shape of the new world to come.

All the same, I'll keep an eye on this anime next season. Especially since the writers have been involved in some of the best-written JRPGs I've played. ;)

Elehayym 2008-04-26 06:10

Oh wow, I was already quite hyped up about the game, nice to see an anime coming out too. Even though since I really adore Tanaka's style I'm not too happy about the anime character design from what can be seen in the picture :heh:

Cast looks great, I know nothing's been announced about the game (I assume we don't even know yet if it's gonna have voice acting at all?) but if it does I hope they get the same cast!

Kaijin 2008-05-30 16:09

Has been announced that it will be getting 13 episodes. And it begins July 7th on TV Tokyo.