AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

suiton629 2011-11-29 07:19

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-IsmemgltBp...c/s1600/12.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-hO6NNHLG9p...Q/s1600/11.jpg

MakubeX2 2011-11-29 07:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by cupcakes4chris (Post 3878392)

Putting aside all the usual promo materials and gimmicks, I'm only interested in the following quotes :-

Quote:

シンプルな組み立て、必要最低限のパーツ数で最大の可動域を実現
"(Process of) Assembly is simpilfied. The maximum range of movements can be done with the minimum of parts required"

Great. They are implying that they will cut down the number of parts required for assembly. Now how about reducing the price as well now that we are heading for another round of economic meltdown ?

maknaedik 2011-11-29 07:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2 (Post 3878697)
Putting aside all the usual promo materials and gimmicks, I'm only interested in the following quotes :-


"(Process of) Assembly is simpilfied. The maximum range of movements can be done with the minimum of parts required"

Great. They are implying that they will cut down the number of parts required for assembly. Now how about reducing the price as well now that we are heading for another round of economic meltdown ?

I'll miss MGs with gazillion of parts then :(

But yeah, I feel like that's a good move. I can really see that some MGs (Red Frame for example) has so many parts that aren't really required to be separated since they have the same color and it doesn't have any articulation.

Appel 2011-11-29 07:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2 (Post 3878697)
"(Process of) Assembly is simpilfied. The maximum range of movements can be done with the minimum of parts required"

Great. They are implying that they will cut down the number of parts required for assembly. Now how about reducing the price as well now that we are heading for another round of economic meltdown ?

well that blows... im curious to see how many pieces it will actually have :T also, is this only about the inner frame or also about the armor pieces?
in my opinion this sounds like a massive step backwards. some of the newer MGs like the red frame kai were actually getting pretty close to the amount of details and articulation of their PG counterparts and now they want to cut costs by reducing the pieces? we will have to wait and see... but now im a little less excited about the MG duel.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2011-11-29 08:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3878722)
we will have to wait and see... but now im a little less excited about the MG duel.

But you already pre-order it, right? If so, then we await the good (or bad) news from you. ;)

Znozzy 2011-11-29 08:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3878722)
well that blows... im curious to see how many pieces it will actually have :T also, is this only about the inner frame or also about the armor pieces?
in my opinion this sounds like a massive step backwards. some of the newer MGs like the red frame kai were actually getting pretty close to the amount of details and articulation of their PG counterparts and now they want to cut costs by reducing the pieces? we will have to wait and see... but now im a little less excited about the MG duel.

that really depends on how they handle the situation, there is no use having 10 parts where 5 can do the same things with the same amount of details and articulation, if it cuts down the costs it's not a bad tradeoff

duotiga 2011-11-29 08:43

im thinking is they are putting RG technology into the MG Duel in terms of the inner frame?

Appel 2011-11-29 09:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 3878761)
But you already pre-order it, right? If so, then we await the good (or bad) news from you. ;)

nope, didnt pre-order it just yet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 3878786)
im thinking is they are putting RG technology into the MG Duel in terms of the inner frame?

oh god no XD i would hate it if they would do it like that! i prefer putting everything together by myself...

MakubeX2 2011-11-29 09:41

Anyway, the previous kit of similar pricing and scale was the 1/100 Gundam Virtue priced at 4000 yen.

I think we should see a similar number of runners as below :-

http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/3214/0104runner.jpg

Appel 2011-11-29 09:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2 (Post 3878861)
Anyway, the previous kit of similar pricing and scale was the 1/100 Gundam Virtue priced at 4000 yen.

I think we should see a similar number of runners as below :-

i think it will have way more runners than that. you need plates for the frame, the armor, the weapons and the shield and for the assault shroud pieces! it also has more colors than the virtue.
depending on what kinds of pieces they reduces we will probably have the amount of plates of a bigger old MG.

duotiga 2011-11-29 09:57

RG frames are actually not that bad , u shld give a try Appel
my stand still remains, RG inner frames with lesser outer frames parts for MG Duel

Appel 2011-11-29 11:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 3878881)
RG frames are actually not that bad , u shld give a try Appel
my stand still remains, RG inner frames with lesser outer frames parts for MG Duel

i know that they arent that bad, i own the RG grand daddy gundam^^ its just that one reason why i prefer the MG line over the other grades is because of the inner frame that i have to actually build myself.

suiton629 2011-11-29 11:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3878962)
i know that they arent that bad, i own the RG grand daddy gundam^^ its just that one reason why i prefer the MG line over the other grades is because of the inner frame that i have to actually build myself.

Not that surprising.

I like MG kits (from the 00 series) and the NG, 1/100 kits (from the 00 series)..

Notice a trend here? :p

kakakka 2011-11-29 17:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3878873)
i think it will have way more runners than that. you need plates for the frame, the armor, the weapons and the shield and for the assault shroud pieces! it also has more colors than the virtue.
depending on what kinds of pieces they reduces we will probably have the amount of plates of a bigger old MG.

....

With MakubeX2's comment, this kind of funny. 1/100 Virtue also have "frame" (Nadleeh), "armour" (Virtue), "weapons and shield" (Bazooka etc) and "the assault shroud pieces" (GN Particle emitters)

Appel 2011-11-29 17:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by kakakka (Post 3879351)
....

With MakubeX2's comment, this kind of funny. 1/100 Virtue also have "frame" (Nadleeh), "armour" (Virtue), "weapons and shield" (Bazooka etc) and "the assault shroud pieces" (GN Particle emitters)

i wouldnt really call the nadleeh the equivalent of an inner frame^^ you are also comparing a 1/100 HG kit to a MG kit, i dont know if thats actually a good comparision.
when they say that they reduced the number of pieces compared to newer models then im thinking about a mix between something like the MG G gundam and the MG aile strike: a little less plates for the gundam itself (about 9 full size runners) plus a couple of plates for the accessories which would give us a total of about 12 runners.
i mean, many of bandais newer models have a reduced part count already. look at the delta plus, the ReZEL or the OO MGs (especially the OOQ). they either come with a relatively small number of runners or have a lot of really small runners in the mix.

edit: however, one advantage of a lower part count would be that the box would be smaller. and that would result in lower shipping costs^^

Bonta Kun 2011-11-29 18:05

So just wondering what everyone thoughts on what will be the next metal build?

Love the looks of the Freedom and very very tempted to get one but if there will be more, I'd def want to see and get a Sinanju or Hi-Nu, amongst many others.

While I enjoy making my mdoels rather than buying completed figures, these metal builds just look absolutely fantastic!

Appel 2011-11-29 18:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonta Kun (Post 3879410)
So just wondering what everyone thoughts on what will be the next metal build?

Love the looks of the Freedom and very very tempted to get one but if there will be more, I'd def want to see and get a Sinanju or Hi-Nu, amongst many others.

While I enjoy making my mdoels rather than buying completed figures, these metal builds just look absolutely fantastic!

im not really interested in the metal builds. i prefer building models and the metal builds are SO much more expensive!
also, on a few images of the freedom that i have seen the paint on the head wasnt applied perfectly. it looked good but it kinda didnt look right. (mainly the head crest and the v-fin)
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-c3HYNVAlf7...Bc/s1600/9.jpg
thats also why i prefer models. the pieces are colored already and even when you paint individual pieces you dont have cooked lines like that. you always have a perfect seperation between the pieces. you dont have that if the head is one piece for example.
but thats a problem that i have with all figures like that. they look awesome in general but once you look closer you can see some pretty big flaws.

casval cehack 2011-11-29 21:08

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/6281/wingl.jpg
@aeriolewinters - Quick phone cam shot. Yes, the budget for a better digicam all went to gunpla (and now, to Metal Builds). RG Freedom still has no "realistic decals" and propped by the back wall.

As much as I like these miniature MGs, I don't think the Advance MS Joint plate would scale well for MG sizes unless more ABS and even metal screw supports were added (would that increase the cost?) for the load bearing parts.

But if Bandai can figure out a way, then great. They might as well carry over the multi-shade armor panels of the RG to the MG line (yet another cost increase and contrary to the reduced parts pic translation).

Appel 2011-11-30 04:18

we got some dates for the new kits!
http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2011/1...r-release.html

1/48 age-1 comes on dec. 8th, the FA unicorn on the dec. 22nd. but there are many more announced dates so check them out yourselves^^
but i figured that bandai wouldnt do an earlier release for the FA unicorn...

duotiga 2011-11-30 07:08

the trend now for MG kits is usually end of the mth...well at least can get the FA Unicorn b4 Christmas/New year?

suiton629 2011-12-01 09:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 3880127)
the trend now for MG kits is usually end of the mth...well at least can get the FA Unicorn b4 Christmas/New year?

So maybe at the end of January we will get Master Grade Exia Repair 2?

Exia_00 2011-12-01 10:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3882048)
So maybe at the end of January we will get Master Grade Exia Repair 2?

no, the point is any MG we know that has been announced generally gets released at the end of the month.

suiton629 2011-12-01 10:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exia_00 (Post 3882085)
no, the point is any MG we know that has been announced generally gets released at the end of the month.

I see.

>_<

:: waits for MG Exia Repair 2 ::

Chiu_fan 2011-12-01 10:45

I've been looking around pictures of the upcoming MG Heavyarms and I'm curious, will it have a beam saber with the beam blade? All I've seen so far is the rack for the beam saber.

Appel 2011-12-01 11:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3882048)
So maybe at the end of January we will get Master Grade Exia Repair 2?

they havent announced it yet so no. even variations of older models get announced relatively soon. we also had a lot of expos going on during the last couple of weeks, if they would make a repair II they would have announced it there.
their release schedule is just too tightly packed right now.

suiton629 2011-12-01 11:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3882136)
they havent announced it yet so no. even variations of older models get announced relatively soon. we also had a lot of expos going on during the last couple of weeks, if they would make a repair II they would have announced it there.
their release schedule is just too tightly packed right now.

I don't think they would have to announce it at the expos given that:

a. resources are limited
b. AGE and Unicorn are currently the big hits

So with that in mind, from a business point of view, they would not show the MG Exia Repair 2, even if they were developing it.

Appel 2011-12-01 11:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3882156)
So with that in mind, from a business point of view, they would not show the MG Exia Repair 2, even if they were developing it.

that makes no sense^^ developing a MG model needs a lot of money and resources. its a risk for bandai to develope and sell it, they HAVE to announce it so that peope KNOW that it will be sold among the other big releases XD
but also, you essentially explained why bandai wont make the exia RII yet:
"a. resources are limited
b. AGE and Unicorn are currently the big hits"
add the fact that the wing MGs have just barely reached about their halfway point now, bandai simply doesnt have the time to release models for an old series like OO!

Asunaki 2011-12-01 11:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3882096)
I see.

>_<

:: waits for MG Exia Repair 2 ::

Dood,if you want your MG R2 so bad,why don't you just do a conversion by your yourself?
By the time you'll be done,I'm pretty sure Bandai won't be anytime near of announcing a MG R2.

suiton629 2011-12-01 12:03

Oh and how is the 1/100 No Grade Avalanche Exia?

Exia_00 2011-12-01 12:20

i dont think the R2 exia will be hard to create, you do know that the mg exia can do that thing where it "opens" its gn drive anyway right? when i saw that, i knew for a fact bandai doesnt even need to release it, even so whats wrong with the HG?

and on topic of the avalanche exia its just like the exia with alot more things on top, it kind of reduces mobility but isnt a bad kit at all there isnt too much difference to the 1/100 exia for there to be anything else for me to say. i once again recommend HG.

suiton629 2011-12-01 12:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exia_00 (Post 3882227)
i dont think the R2 exia will be hard to create, you do know that the mg exia can do that thing where it "opens" its gn drive anyway right? when i saw that, i knew for a fact bandai doesnt even need to release it, even so whats wrong with the HG?

and on topic of the avalanche exia its just like the exia with alot more things on top, it kind of reduces mobility but isnt a bad kit at all there isnt too much difference to the 1/100 exia for there to be anything else for me to say. i once again recommend HG.

The thing is, I got for No Grade 1/100 and Master Grade kits only.

Bonta Kun 2011-12-01 15:22

You know I'll never quite understand the notion of getting both the NG and MG of the same model.
From what I've seen, nike is you have MG and NG of some gundam, is there any point to that other than just for the sake of it?

I know it happens and alot of hardcore fans will do that but just something I never quite understood.
Would like to hear some insight into it.

suiton629 2011-12-01 17:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonta Kun (Post 3882431)
You know I'll never quite understand the notion of getting both the NG and MG of the same model.
From what I've seen, nike is you have MG and NG of some gundam, is there any point to that other than just for the sake of it?

I know it happens and alot of hardcore fans will do that but just something I never quite understood.
Would like to hear some insight into it.

Who said I was getting the NG and MG of the same model? You need to learn to read more carefully.

:: sigh ::

I get MG of kits if they are available. If not, then I look for the 1/100 NG and then get that.

Znozzy 2011-12-01 18:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonta Kun (Post 3882431)
You know I'll never quite understand the notion of getting both the NG and MG of the same model.
From what I've seen, nike is you have MG and NG of some gundam, is there any point to that other than just for the sake of it?

I know it happens and alot of hardcore fans will do that but just something I never quite understood.
Would like to hear some insight into it.

In my case, i currently own 3 1/100 NG Exia's, 2 NG Astraea's

Bought the first 1/100 Exia when it was released, it shelfdived though so the left arm snapped in half, i ended up buying a second one so i could salvage it for spareparts, in the end i ended up converting one of them to a homemade Exia R1

third one i managed to come over at a finishing sale, got it for around 10 USD~ and i painted it black.

the two Astraea's i bought for the dual launcher and dual Proto-GN swords, looks great ^^

tbh it's a matter of supply and demand, NG 1/100's used to come out before the MG's, so i usually picked those up, then i bought the MG if it's a significant improvement over the NG one, if not, then meh.

i Also own both NG 1/100 Launcher/Aile strike and MG Aile Strike and MG Strike Noir, bought them in that order, love the Strike design, those MG's look so much better.

Hope it gives you some insight.

Also, Zing@Nike, 2 pages in a row now! damn.

You usually keep track of things Nike, if they announce a MG Exia R2 i'm sure you'll find out before most of us! :)


Just finished building my 1/144 Kshatriya, beautiful kit. well spent money, no loose parts sofar except the manipulator arms, but those are pretty much a given anyhow.

DarkWarrior 2011-12-01 18:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 3878881)
RG frames are actually not that bad , u shld give a try Appel
my stand still remains, RG inner frames with lesser outer frames parts for MG Duel

I'll bet you 2 cookies that MG Duel is going to use a slightly updated Strike frame. The prototype weapons didn't even have peg holes on them.

Znozzy 2011-12-01 18:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkWarrior (Post 3882675)
I'll bet you 2 cookies that MG Duel is going to use a slightly updated Strike frame. The prototype weapons didn't even have peg holes on them.

Are you serious? no pegs on the prototype weapons? that's pretty lame, but not surprising at all, seeing how they use the same basic frame with a few modifications

Bonta Kun 2011-12-01 20:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3882617)
Who said I was getting the NG and MG of the same model? You need to learn to read more carefully.

:: sigh ::

I get MG of kits if they are available. If not, then I look for the 1/100 NG and then get that.

I wasn't exactly aiming that at you nor do I think it as a bad thing, just something I don't understand.
In fact I think it's a good thing people spend more money on gunpla.
However I then did aim a question at you cause I thought it applied to you, just I thought you had a whole load of kits stilll unbuilt and some of them were of the same model but if I'm mistaken then my bad.

This thread can move pretty quickly sometimes and it can easily overwrite old news and info for me pretty easily.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Znozzy (Post 3882672)
In my case, i currently own 3 1/100 NG Exia's, 2 NG Astraea's

Bought the first 1/100 Exia when it was released, it shelfdived though so the left arm snapped in half, i ended up buying a second one so i could salvage it for spareparts, in the end i ended up converting one of them to a homemade Exia R1

third one i managed to come over at a finishing sale, got it for around 10 USD~ and i painted it black.

the two Astraea's i bought for the dual launcher and dual Proto-GN swords, looks great ^^

tbh it's a matter of supply and demand, NG 1/100's used to come out before the MG's, so i usually picked those up, then i bought the MG if it's a significant improvement over the NG one, if not, then meh.

i Also own both NG 1/100 Launcher/Aile strike and MG Aile Strike and MG Strike Noir, bought them in that order, love the Strike design, those MG's look so much better.

Hope it gives you some insight.

Also, Zing@Nike, 2 pages in a row now! damn.

You usually keep track of things Nike, if they announce a MG Exia R2 i'm sure you'll find out before most of us! :)


Just finished building my 1/144 Kshatriya, beautiful kit. well spent money, no loose parts sofar except the manipulator arms, but those are pretty much a given anyhow.

Hmm I guess I can understand the buying another to replace a broken models(altho never done that myself...yet at least *touch wood*) and also get getting that some get NGs before MG comes out, altho have seen people get both at the same time which is somewhat puzzling, guessing they just like to collect and have a little too much on their hands:p

Think I'm just not fond of the idea of getting the NGs and that affects my thinking on the matter(yet I'd pick them up cause by the looks of it we'd probably never see MGs of them, would really like a Vent Saviour)

duotiga 2011-12-01 21:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkWarrior (Post 3882675)
I'll bet you 2 cookies that MG Duel is going to use a slightly updated Strike frame. The prototype weapons didn't even have peg holes on them.

thats my initial though when 1st announce for MG Duel & if you see the PG Strike Manual , they all comes from the same frame

http://www.dalong.net/review/pg/p09/p/p09_im0006.jpg

casval cehack 2011-12-01 23:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkWarrior (Post 3882675)
I'll bet you 2 cookies that MG Duel is going to use a slightly updated Strike frame. The prototype weapons didn't even have peg holes on them.

Only a few changes to the basic armor too (aside from the head). No wonder Bandai created the Assault Shroud for Duel.

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/3125/gatseries.jpg

suiton629 2011-12-01 23:39

wondering where my mg exia r2 is... come on bandai... hint hint!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:44.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.