AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2012-08-30 08:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 (Post 4327854)
Thank you^^ Though I'm dire need of space :uhoh:

We all do T-T.

StrikeFreedomV2 2012-08-30 08:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 4327876)
on a serious note, people tend to do more dynamic poses more on HG/RG 1/144 rather 1/100 (if you got the luxury space). Most 1/100 are usually standing/Singular pose, the most would be 2 kit doing side by side dynamic poses for 1/100 . PG/ Megasize is already your "shrine"

I only have a few MG's on display currently. The problem is, that the joints for some become pretty loose after time without the feet supporting the weight if you put them arial. Especially the hip joints are prone to that. My MG Gundam MK II's are pretty loose already, for example. That's one of the reason's why I'm getting less MG's now and more HG's.

@Obelisk: I see you can feel my pain T_T

duotiga 2012-08-30 09:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 (Post 4327888)
I only have a few MG's on display currently. The problem is, that the joints for some become pretty loose after time without the feet supporting the weight if you put them arial. Especially the hip joints are prone to that. My MG Gundam MK II's are pretty loose already, for example. That's one of the reason's why I'm getting less MG's now and more HG's.

@Obelisk: I see you can feel my pain T_T

Which is why MG are mostly standing kits with exception of a few . the weights of the inner & outer frame cause the joints to be loose

In short is basically telling you for MG do a pose & leave it there . If you change some more , it will become more loose ( indirectly tell you to get more )

Bashfulz 2012-08-30 09:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 (Post 4327734)
Sure. Might as well show some more of my collection^^ My desk is a little messed up though, and I don't have all kits in fancy poses, so excuse em please :heh:

nice collection! i see lots of ALAWS suits and unicorn destroys :)

StrikeFreedomV2 2012-08-30 09:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bashfulz (Post 4327952)
nice collection! i see lots of ALAWS suits and unicorn destroys :)

Thank you :D I would like to do a diorama with the Gundams and the A-Laws someday^^ I got some Unicorn gundams in Unicorn Modes^^

For those who like Gundam X, I found some custom builds on gundamguy :)

http://gundamguy.blogspot.de/2012/05...ustomized.html

Tak 2012-08-30 10:39

Awww Strike... now I can't post my wall of shame and be proud of it :heh:

- Tak

StrikeFreedomV2 2012-08-30 10:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tak (Post 4327992)
Awww Strike... now I can't post my wall of shame and be proud of it :heh:

- Tak

Why not? I would like to see your collection :)

suiton629 2012-08-30 10:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 (Post 4327999)
Why not? I would like to see your collection :)

Would you like to see my collection?

StrikeFreedomV2 2012-08-30 10:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 4328001)
Would you like to see my collection?

The Boxes? :p Already saw that

Edit: It's amazing what some people can do :love:

http://www.gunjap.net/site/?p=90488

Sworra 2012-08-30 15:24

The only collection i have is a backlog of kits to build.. I have a few built though.

Bonta Kun 2012-08-30 15:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sworra (Post 4328309)
The only collection i have is a backlog of kits to build.. I have a few built though.

I'm the same, got a few models made but got more in backlog....

Nice to see others with the GN-X III A-Laws, I quite like it, however not enough to get 4 of them;):heh:

Very impressive collection Strike, very chaotic but very impressive:)

StrikeFreedomV2 2012-08-30 15:48

Thanks, Bonta^^

My backlog was pretty big until a few weeks ago. I didn't get new kits since march, I recall correctly, because it was so big. My current backlog consists of

- HGUC Unicorn Gundam (Unicorn Mode)
- HGUC Unicorn Gundam (Destroy Mode)
- RG Freedom
- MG Gundam Epyon EW
- MG Wing Gundam EW
- MG Wing Gundam Zero
- MG 00 Raiser

I'm now thinking about which of those I should build next -_-

FalsePrime 2012-08-30 15:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 (Post 4328329)
Thanks, Bonta^^

My backlog was pretty big until a few weeks ago. I didn't get new kits since march, I recall correctly, because it was so big. My current backlog consists of

- HGUC Unicorn Gundam (Unicorn Mode)
- HGUC Unicorn Gundam (Destroy Mode)
- RG Freedom
- MG Gundam Epyon EW
- MG Wing Gundam EW
- MG Wing Gundam Zero
- MG 00 Raiser

I'm now thinking about which of those I should build next -_-

Might be best if you did one of the Wing's and Unicorn's before everything else and saved the oither two for last to keep them as fresh as possible since they are so similar to one another.

StrikeFreedomV2 2012-08-30 16:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by FalsePrime (Post 4328339)
Might be best if you did one of the Wing's and Unicorn's before everything else and saved the oither two for last to keep them as fresh as possible since they are so similar to one another.

A good suggestion, I was actually thinking about doing one of the Wings the last. Still deciding which one though :uhoh: I'm currently inclined to do the Wing Zero first and then the Epyon, so I can pose them toghether :D

FalsePrime 2012-08-30 16:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 (Post 4328352)
A good suggestion, I was actually thinking about doing one of the Wings the last. Still deciding which one though :uhoh: I'm currently inclined to do the Wing Zero first and then the Epyon, so I can pose them toghether :D

I would say this is probably a great idea.

Plus as it is, Wing Zero EW is my favorite suit, and a posing god, however his wing's and overall design just makes him not as good as Wing EW.

Granted that is just my opinion of course, but Wing EW with all his colors, Buster, and Shield really make for a much better MG at least between the two and the problems the Wing on Zero currently have.

StrikeFreedomV2 2012-08-30 16:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by FalsePrime (Post 4328357)
I would say this is probably a great idea.

Plus as it is, Wing Zero EW is my favorite suit, and a posing god, however his wing's and overall design just makes him not as good as Wing EW.

Granted that is just my opinion of course, but Wing EW with all his colors, Buster, and Shield really make for a much better MG at least between the two and the problems the Wing on Zero currently have.

To be honest, it's my second Zero :) The first I made 2 Years ago, and stands on top of my TV looking beautiful :D And I also own the Wing Ver.Ka. IMO, it looks even better then Zero for the same reasons as you^^ I just hope, I can pull off some dynamic poses with the Zero :heh:

Sworra 2012-08-30 16:34

i'll have to take a pic of my backlog cause its so big the list will be forever to type out. lol

FalsePrime 2012-08-30 16:50

Thankfully after my building spree lately I have trimmed the log down a bit.

Right now my log is

HGAW Gundam X (Going to start this later today actually)
RG Gundam
RG Strike Gundam
RG Freedom Gundam
MG Blitz
MG Zeta 2.0
MG Full Armor Unicorn
MG Crossbone Full Cloth
PG W Gundam Zero
PG Strike Freedom

So not to bad, though it's not helped that I will be picking up like 10 more kits in the next two months.

StrikeFreedomV2 2012-08-30 16:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by FalsePrime (Post 4328400)
Thankfully after my building spree lately I have trimmed the log down a bit.

Right now my log is

HGAW Gundam X (Going to start this later today actually)
RG Gundam
RG Strike Gundam
RG Freedom Gundam
MG Blitz
MG Zeta 2.0
MG Full Armor Unicorn
MG Crossbone Full Cloth
PG W Gundam Zero
PG Strike Freedom

So not to bad, though it's not helped that I will be picking up like 10 more kits in the next two months.

Nice backlog. Could you maybe take some pics when you finished the bolded kits? Would love the see them. The others I own as well minus the Blitz and the Full Cloth, only have the regular Crossbone Gundam.

And which kits will you be picking up? :)

FalsePrime 2012-08-30 16:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 (Post 4328405)
Nice backlog. Could you maybe take some pics when you finished the bolded kits? Would love the see them. The others I own as well minus the Blitz and the Full Cloth, only have the regular Crossbone Gundam.

I would but we are currently building a brand new house and those three I've had for about 6 months and I'm saving specifically for when the house is finished and I have a whole new setup for building.

So sadly they won't be done till probably Feb/March of next year. I want to give them a full paint job and my current place doesn't really alow for that. That and I'm still stuck on what colors I want Zero to be, I'm kinda torn between his normal colors or a more muted blue with blue feet. I've seen the later done before and frankly I think it looks amazing on Zero.

I got to say, I'm kinda jealous. I got the Full Cloth but ever since I really wish I had just gotten X1 Ver Ka. Prefer that pilot and the simple cloth compared to all the extra Armor and honestly I'm not a big fan of Tobia's extra weapons.

StrikeFreedomV2 2012-08-30 17:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by FalsePrime (Post 4328408)
I would but we are currently building a brand new house and those three I've had for about 6 months and I'm saving specifically for when the house is finished and I have a whole new setup for building.

So sadly they won't be done till probably Feb/March of next year. I want to give them a full paint job and my current place doesn't really alow for that. That and I'm still stuck on what colors I want Zero to be, I'm kinda torn between his normal colors or a more muted blue with blue feet. I've seen the later done before and frankly I think it looks amazing on Zero.

I got to say, I'm kinda jealous. I got the Full Cloth but ever since I really wish I had just gotten X1 Ver Ka. Prefer that pilot and the simple cloth compared to all the extra Armor and honestly I'm not a big fan of Tobia's extra weapons.

Guess I have to wait then^^

Yeah, I'm not really a fan of the Full Cloth, it's just so loaded. The regular X1 has so many weapons already, that it's hard choose which I use for display :uhoh: Though I have it stored at the moment. Sadly, it's one of those kits that have to many loose parts -_- But I looks great, at least :heh:

Sworra 2012-08-30 17:27

My backlog that keeps growing.. Thanks Bandai. lol

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/1234/img0666q.jpg

Missing EX-S Gundam..

Tak 2012-08-30 17:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sworra (Post 4328425)
My backlog that keeps growing.. Thanks Bandai. lol

I hope you also enjoy a lighter wallet ;)

- Tak

Bonta Kun 2012-08-30 19:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tak (Post 4328427)
I hope you also enjoy a lighter wallet ;)

- Tak

lol I don't, wish I had a fat and heavy wallet along with a big back log of kits to make:D

God knows what I'm gonna do next month, going to Hong Kong for a few weeks and decided to pick up a IWSP while I was over since it's one of the suits that costs an arm and leg on HLJ to ship now.
Problem being what else I end up getting, I know I'll cave and get more than I can afford, worse yet may end up picking up some figures. A place where I really don't want to go into just yet at least>_<

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2012-08-30 22:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sworra (Post 4328425)
My backlog that keeps growing.. Thanks Bandai. lol

and Bandai should be grateful to you even more ;).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonta Kun (Post 4328575)
Problem being what else I end up getting, I know I'll cave and get more than I can afford, worse yet may end up picking up some figures. A place where I really don't want to go into just yet at least>_<

IMO collecting figures when your wallet isn’t up for it is kinda a bad idea. Unless you just wanna have one or two characters that you really like (for me it’s Yami Yugi & Seto Kaiba. I don’t dig female figurines for display until I get rich enough to collect them all), you’ll get addicted, and you know where it leads to :p.

Skye629 2012-08-30 22:08

I'm sure this have been asked before

Whats the best online store to get Gunpla in NA? Im on the US West Coast

I usually order 1 or 2 HGs at a time, most I have ever ordered at once is 4. Whats the best amount I should order at once to reduce costs?

Infinite Zenith 2012-08-30 22:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 4328729)
I'm sure this have been asked before

Whats the best online store to get Gunpla in NA? Im on the US West Coast

I usually order 1 or 2 HGs at a time, most I have ever ordered at once is 4. Whats the best amount I should order at once to reduce costs?

I usually buy them from a local hobby store. I think HobbyLink and HobbySearch are pretty reasonable, having used both. Others have stated GG Infinite has good deals. It depends on what you're looking for, and what constitutes as a reasonable price. I'm also sure that others who order more frequently online will be able to offer better suggestions :p

casval cehack 2012-08-30 23:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 (Post 4327734)
Sure. Might as well show some more of my collection^^ My desk is a little messed up though, and I don't have all kits in fancy poses, so excuse em please :heh:


It's like Gundam Assault Survive 2.:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sworra (Post 4328425)
My backlog that keeps growing.. Thanks Bandai. lol

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/1234/img0666q.jpg

Missing EX-S Gundam..

Enough to last a year I think.

Skye629 2012-08-30 23:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForwardUntoDawn (Post 4328757)
I usually buy them from a local hobby store. I think HobbyLink and HobbySearch are pretty reasonable, having used both. Others have stated GG Infinite has good deals. It depends on what you're looking for, and what constitutes as a reasonable price. I'm also sure that others who order more frequently online will be able to offer better suggestions :p

My local hobby store have some gunpla, but its really weirdly priced, have seen overpriced and insanely good deals, but sadly their restock time and what they restock really varies so I only get things there if I'm lucky

So far my research showed that the best bets for me ar HLJ, GG Infinite, Gundam Store and More, and Hobbywave

Anyone have personal experience with these?

FalsePrime 2012-08-31 00:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 4328817)
My local hobby store have some gunpla, but its really weirdly priced, have seen overpriced and insanely good deals, but sadly their restock time and what they restock really varies so I only get things there if I'm lucky

So far my research showed that the best bets for me ar HLJ, GG Infinite, Gundam Store and More, and Hobbywave

Anyone have personal experience with these?

I shop regularly at both GG Infinite and HLJ.

They both are good so I will list big things for me with each.

HLJ - Selection - Tons of stuff, both old and new.
Decent prices.
Quickness and they have items to you right after they come out. If getting something at release is a big deal for you then HLJ is the way to go.

GG - Located in america.
Decent Shipping prices for speedy delivery.
Carry Online-Hobby Shop Exclusives and some convention exclusives.

Thing is GG tends to be rather late getting inventory so you could be waiting up until a month after the item releases for it just to ship. Luckily given the quickness of ship and being located in america make this up for some.

For me however things like Nu Ver Ka I would never get at GG simply because I want it as close to launch as possible.

The big problem with HLJ is shipping can be a bit pricey but if you take advantage of the new order and save up and ship in bulk it will probably be less ugly when it's multiple kits instead of just the one. That and they don't carry exclusives from the Hobby Shop.

Most importantly though, they both are pretty good and I honestly haven't had a bad experince other then I just wish I had ordered my Wing Gundam Girl EW from HLJ because the wait was torture.

bio9205 2012-08-31 00:45

So there's a 20% discount at the Gundam Expo here in Singapore. Haven't built a kit in 2 years due to the lack of time - I'm really tempted! I've got no time to build now, though, if I pick up a kit it'll have to wait for after my A levels in December.

Anyway, I can't decide between the HG Dark Hound or AGE-FX. I wish I could get both, but I'm saving up for the other awesome end-year kits, so it'll have to be one of the two. Anyone with either kit has any suggestions? :D

helois 2012-08-31 00:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sworra (Post 4328425)
My backlog that keeps growing.. Thanks Bandai. lol

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/1234/img0666q.jpg

Missing EX-S Gundam..

you/we really need a day formed by 48hours! :heh::heh::heh::heh::heh::heh:

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2012-08-31 01:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by bio9205 (Post 4328871)
Anyway, I can't decide between the HG Dark Hound or AGE-FX. I wish I could get both, but I'm saving up for the other awesome end-year kits, so it'll have to be one of the two. Anyone with either kit has any suggestions? :D

I don't have any of those kits (yet), but from my observation, I'd say get FX first. From what I see so far, it's a nicer kit compared to DarkHound. There's also FX's funnels' holder that you may not get even in the MG version (if FX is to be MGed at all).

Sworra 2012-08-31 04:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 4328729)
I'm sure this have been asked before

Whats the best online store to get Gunpla in NA? Im on the US West Coast

I usually order 1 or 2 HGs at a time, most I have ever ordered at once is 4. Whats the best amount I should order at once to reduce costs?

In North America there are two shops i deal with if it isn't a new release.. try out Hobbywave and Gundam Planet. There is a flat rate shipping cost for Hobbywave so its better to get alot of kits. Gundam Planet is good for single kits.

Quote:

Originally Posted by casval cehack (Post 4328784)
It's like Gundam Assault Survive 2.:D



Enough to last a year I think.

The bad thing is.. It takes about a year to do one sometimes. :)

Chiu_fan 2012-08-31 08:41

I just got myself a Badger 150 Airbrush. My fellow IPMS member sold it to me. I think he said it was about 20 or so years old and it still works!:heh: My only problem is the air source. I can't afford for a compressor just yet so I was thinking of using a small oxygen tank with a regulator attached. Any thoughts?

StrikeFreedomV2 2012-08-31 14:47

Today I started on my MG Epyon. Got the legs and arms finished, the Heat rod is done and the sword. Now working on the shield, will do the backpack next. Should be done on sunday or monday. Will be posting pics, if someone is interested :)

AaKkisa 2012-08-31 15:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 4328817)
My local hobby store have some gunpla, but its really weirdly priced, have seen overpriced and insanely good deals, but sadly their restock time and what they restock really varies so I only get things there if I'm lucky

So far my research showed that the best bets for me ar HLJ, GG Infinite, Gundam Store and More, and Hobbywave

Anyone have personal experience with these?

HLJ is always great for everything but I would watch out right now since the Yen is really strong against the dollar. You will wind up paying more then normal.

Hobbywave is great due to their flat rate shipping. Also decent prices and they usually ship within a day or so.

I love GSAM. I am from NY and I have imageanime right near me but I still go to GSAM since their really well priced and their is to tax. They may not have the newest stuff available right away but they are always great to deal with. (I broke the front of my gun for my MG freedom, I called and asked if they knew where I could get the spare parts, They shipped the three pieces I needed with my next order.)

Infinite Zenith 2012-08-31 17:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 (Post 4329736)
Today I started on my MG Epyon. Got the legs and arms finished, the Heat rod is done and the sword. Now working on the shield, will do the backpack next. Should be done on sunday or monday. Will be posting pics, if someone is interested :)

A pic for a pic :) If you post your finished product, I'll post my freshly completed MG 00 Gundam Seven Sword/G!

StrikeFreedomV2 2012-08-31 17:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForwardUntoDawn (Post 4329879)
A pic for a pic :) If you post your finished product, I'll post my freshly completed MG 00 Gundam Seven Sword/G!

We have a Deal^^

bio9205 2012-08-31 19:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4328922)
I don't have any of those kits (yet), but from my observation, I'd say get FX first. From what I see so far, it's a nicer kit compared to DarkHound. There's also FX's funnels' holder that you may not get even in the MG version (if FX is to be MGed at all).

Leaning toward the Dark Hound now actually, but you're right about the funnel holder. I'll wait a few days to decide!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:13.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.