AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   (L) Deadman Wonderland (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=64410)

Crystal_Method 2008-03-29 11:11

Deadman Wonderland

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/4909/dwvk4.pnghttp://img179.imageshack.us/img179/2...d02covego2.png

Spoiler for summary:

This is a pretty new manga that has proven itself worthy of it's own thread with the most recent chapter that has been released, read and you'll find out. Any of you interested in stuff like Gantz, Battle Royale, and other psychological screwers will love this series. Here's a link to manga update's page.

Don't let the shounen genre scare you away. The only reason why it is labeled as a shounen is because it's serialized by Shonen Ace. If anything, it has much more of a seinen feel to it. Of course it does consist of a few shounen elements, but that doesn't hinder the story any bit.

Anyway, on with the discussion... (If you read the most recent chapter you can look in the spoiler)
Spoiler for manga:

Skane 2008-03-29 14:39

I got introduced to this manga from this blog article, and I'm very, VERY happy that I did. :D

Good gravy! This manga is overflowing with psycho-moe! This is probably one of the rare few occasions where I will actually say I get orgasmic just from reading it. :love: I'm simply loving the insanity being portrayed.

About Ch0011's "twist", well... I kinda predicted/expected it early on. :heh: The Elfen Lied parallels kinda ruined the "reveal" for me, I guess. :p

Takami was also delicious... I look forward to her future appearances. :)

Cheers!

Irenicus 2008-03-29 19:48

The Eureka Seven art attracted me (well, the manga adaptation of E7 was made by these same people...) -- lol @ the new Anemone, as unhinged and mysterious as ever -- and I found it to be an exciting and very promising manga overall. Lots of mystery, lots of action, and lots of fun.

One caveat though: I sincerely, desperately, absolutely hate these stories where the conspirators are so powerful and omnipotent that the heroes keep suffering and suffering and suffering until they finally managed to deliver justice -- or in some cases not even that. The premise of this manga seems to be based on exactly that. It's really, really, -really- depressingly annoying.

I think I'll enjoy the manga in detail and forget about the big picture for my own peace of mind.

Crystal_Method 2008-03-29 20:19

To be honest I didn't notice that this was a creation of the makers of Eureka 7 (probably because I never read the manga nor watched the anime). Though I always here good things about it and some bad, but more of the good. So it's nice to know we have some insurance of possibly how good the manga will be.

I agree with you that the conspirators are much more powerful than the protagonists, but only politically and financially. Also they aren't omnipotent, or at least I hope they aren't. I don't think they can match up to the freakish powers of the deadmen, but then again can't be too sure what they got up their sleeves either.

Kaijin 2008-03-30 18:38

Looks interesting. The storyline has potential and I love the art... Will definitely be checking this out.

D a m i e n 2008-03-31 10:44

the running man (movie not the steven king book) meets Eureka7. 9 months later deadman in wonderland was born.
the first few chapter appealed me when they got released, i enjoyed the survival games the total amorality of the prison, but the ring tournament with the apparition of superpower completely shut my interrest.
Cheesy dialogue/scene, wimpy maincharacter, typical shonenish "i will win doing the less possible damage to my opponent"...
i think it had potential but it just headed for the easy shonen goodigood way.

Westlo 2008-03-31 11:20

I've read the first ten chapters and enjoyed it so far, I hope it stays good.. I'll get around to catching up soon.

Blue_Mercy 2008-04-10 23:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Westlo (Post 1501099)
I've read the first ten chapters and enjoyed it so far, I hope it stays good.. I'll get around to catching up soon.

Spoiler:

sapphire-pyro 2008-04-11 09:03

I LOVE THIS MANGA!!!! I can't wait for the next chapter!!! xD

I want more Crow too . . .he's adorable :)

Irenicus 2008-05-02 06:10

A'ight, Chapter 12 is out for a bit now, so it's time for some good old necromancy with this chapter of blood feud, yandere fanservice, and premature hair loss.

The story changes its focus a bit this time with the introduction of -- finally! I can't say how happy I am with this -- allies who, like our hero, seem to, god knows why, dislike the idea of a bloody nightmarish gladiatorial lifestyle. And they even saved the day! ...until someone dangerous shows up.

The excitement is still as high as ever, though Ganta still doesn't have a clue that his beloved savior/best-friend-4-ever Weird Girl Whatshername is the real crazy one. And, as usual, his comrade the Normal Guy With A Sister got beat up again. I swear with all the beatings he's been through it must've been one real hard life. :heh:

This manga is shaping up to be one epic bloody mess.

Chrono Helix 2008-11-24 04:50

I was reading this, seemed mildly interesting... then chapter 9 came. I want to see more of her!

BlackNhite 2008-11-25 21:08

If there's one thing I have to give this manga, it's props for having the most badass characters. You can't get much better than Senji-kun!

ellifeedn 2009-04-05 16:38

This is certainly one twisted series on par with the likes of Elfen Lied and Hellsing. I'm hoooked :p.
Spoiler for chapter 21:

Now waiting for chapter 22, which the raw came out a week ago.

balmung5000 2009-04-06 00:22

this manga is one of my fav
def in my top 3
its insane, bloody, and terrific artwork
anyone who hasnt checked this out def
needs to read this one

ellifeedn 2009-04-07 23:43

I've been wondering about the destruction of Tokyo. What if it was not natural? What if it was man-made, and the "man" in question has already been introduced?

Dragon TY 2009-04-10 21:09

That place is fill with crazy nutjobs.

-Sho- 2009-08-25 03:57

Ow surprising that there is few viewer for this manga who is very great ^^

Don't trust anyone , everyone are liar lol
Poor Ganta , everybody want to kill him .
Gotta like Minatsuki , she's damn sick XD cute too ^^
Senji is a badass :)

Seems that chapters takes so long to be released .

SquirrelLuvsPnut 2009-09-07 11:06

Anybody take a look at the raws for chapter 26 yet?
Spoiler for spoiler:

ellifeedn 2009-09-07 16:36

^ Where did you find that one? The only raw that I know of that's after chapter 21 (where snoopy stopped) was chapter 25.

SquirrelLuvsPnut 2009-09-07 19:39

The deadman wonderland community at livejournal.

Vampire 2009-09-07 22:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by SquirrelLuvsPnut (Post 2630488)
Anybody take a look at the raws for chapter 26 yet?
Spoiler for spoiler:

I accidentally clicked the spoiler. FML.
Anyway, it doesn't look like the scanlations are coming anytime soon D;
Any news about the anime?

ellifeedn 2009-09-08 22:53

Chapter 22 came out by a new group. Not sure what this means for snoopy.

-Sho- 2009-09-09 03:05

Chapter 22 out yeah !

Wow a week ago . But i guess , Ganta ate candy 2 times ? well you know why .
Minatsuki as always have a bad mouth XD she's great .
Shiro was cute :) "i wants seconds" Ganta"where's my portions? -_-" ^^

Qilin 2009-09-09 07:02

Chapter 22.

Such a pity. I liked Ganta better as an unfeeling husk of a person.
Shirou had to ruin it, didn't she?

-Sho- 2009-09-11 16:28

Chapter 23 :

Great chapter .
Seems that the chaos is coming .
Poor Azami .
Lol Shirou who try to do like Ganta ^^ but in final she have the blood too .
Ahah Senji XD

Poetic Justice 2009-09-13 01:15

Dang more depressing stuff in the latest chapter.

-Sho- 2009-09-21 10:23

Well chapter 24 :

Minatsuki ahah "you little fucker why are you not uncute" XD
Shiro was cute :)
Damn with Azami ...

Chapter 25 .

Seems that Ganta is in bad situation after his explosion attack .

SquirrelLuvsPnut 2009-10-23 20:14

bit of an annoying question I guess, does anyone know where to find Japanese fan art sites that have DW art? I need to find more Senji art and my own art looks like puke. Already searched over Deviant art.
Here's the best of it so far.

Euphoria 2009-11-24 13:16

Deadman Wonderland is the most recent manga series I've found. I love it. <3 Senji is the best character in my opinion, along with Super Monk and Rokuro ~
I'm up to chapter 14 now, so my temptation to read all the spoilers here is huge.

Unfortunately I don't know any other art sites than deviantArt, Photobucket and Imageshack, SquirrelLuvsPnut.
Those sure are some sexy pics of Senji, though. owo

SquirrelLuvsPnut 2009-11-29 13:42

Thank you for saying something. I'm glad you enjoy the manga!

XLilaX 2009-12-24 11:05

I could totally understand why the update periods are so long, each chappie is like 50 pages !!!! I love senji:love: he has to be the most absolutely sexiest beast of all the deadmen... maybe except for Nagi.... hes cute but Senji is like just a hunk of man !!!!!!!!!!! KYAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *faints*

Neway I hope the scalators or wateva dont lose hope cuz I love this manga!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE CONTINUE UPDATING!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

Kafriel 2009-12-24 11:44

There's an anime scheduled so when it gains more popularity, the scans are bound to pick up^^
I love the manga btw, although the story is rather shallow, the side characters got an interesting fate.

XLilaX 2009-12-24 20:26

yeah I heard they got the thumbs up for the anime ^-^ !!!! I hope they dont ummm... how to say ..... make it less graphic??

It would kinda suck if they made it into a kiddie safe DW with out the gore and squishy stuff :(

PS
I was looking at myself in the mirror and I thought U look absolutely adorable with short hair!!!

Arent I vain !!!:heh::heh::heh::heh:

-Sho- 2010-01-06 17:42

Chapter 26 wow finally :

Arg it was sad .
It's because of Ganta who saved his "friend" , that over 3 days , the Deadman was fighting thoses monsters .
As usual , Ganta slept 3 days and hell in his face from the others . They got all a handicap now and are angry toward him .
Ganta want to be an ally's justice . Now , he reject Shiro cuz he saw that she's a deadman too .
Wow , that was fucked up .
Ganta should stop acting like a hero , cuz of him look what happened ...

Xion Valkyrie 2010-01-06 22:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by -Sho- (Post 2855810)
Chapter 26 wow finally :

Arg it was sad .
It's because of Ganta who saved his "friend" , that over 3 days , the Deadman was fighting thoses monsters .
As usual , Ganta slept 3 days and hell in his face from the others . They got all a handicap now and are angry toward him .
Ganta want to be an ally's justice . Now , he reject Shiro cuz he saw that she's a deadman too .
Wow , that was fucked up .
Ganta should stop acting like a hero , cuz of him look what happened ...

It's been a while since I read the last chapter, but why does Ganta not like Shiro as a deadman?

Wrath88 2010-01-07 00:14

Probably because that means he will have to fight her if the Carnival Corpse continues, or it could be that he wanted a friend who was 'normal', I guess that girl's brother doesn't coutn. Really sucks for Ganta to realize how his naivety has caused so much trouble to everyone else. The art for the expressions really gets you feeling it.

The two main questions I have now are: What is Ganta intending to do? And... what about Mockingbird? That guy is like the only other person apart from Shiro who doesn't hate him.

Kafriel 2010-01-07 05:47

Looks like Ganta will be hating Shiro many times....although this one was just general hatred towards his fellow deadmen. Ganta will probably try to investigate the fakes, with the help of Toto, and then either:
a)get caught in a trap and be rescued by whoever
b)learn of an insidious secret plan and go warn everyone to make up.

Kanon 2010-01-07 06:12

I just can't stand Ganta anymore. I'm sick of him always treating Shiro like shit after all she did for him. I mean, sure, if he knew what we know he'd be right to hate her, but he doesn't know anything. Poor Shiro. I really hope Ganta is going to redeem himself in the next chapters.

Kafriel 2010-01-07 06:55

That's why Ganta sucks as a character...he's still just a kid, so he doesn't need justification for his actions, and if he hates Shiro for these kinds of things, I dread the final battle. For now, Mockingbird has my full attention, looking forward to a clash with the director!

-Sho- 2010-01-07 10:36

Yeah , he's just a kiddo and want to BE an ALLY'S JUSTICE :uhoh:
Tell me , how can you be an Ally's justice in a Jail ? specially there ...