AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   K-On! (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   K-On!! (Second Season) - Episode 8 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=94041)

Pellissier 2010-05-25 03:04

K-On!! (Second Season) - Episode 8 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for K-On!! (Second Season), Episode 8.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

stubby42 2010-05-25 08:56

I havent seen it yet but the preview looked promising, will they actually make some career descisions?

I'd be supprised if Yui went to university, if she did it would be more to do with stalling than actually coming up with a career plan.

Ithekro 2010-05-25 10:49

She would get in...if they promised her cake.

MeoTwister5 2010-05-25 11:29

I can actually imagine Yui getting into a music conservatory on pure savant-like skill alone.

SaintessHeart 2010-05-25 12:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 (Post 3063561)
I can actually imagine Yui getting into a music conservatory on pure savant-like skill alone.

With Mugi's help of course....I bet she could pay to turn the whole school into her private harem. :p

ReddyRedWolf 2010-05-25 12:50

Spoiler for ep 8:

fict_ticious 2010-05-25 14:43

I notice there are quite a number of stories in the latter parts of K-On that have trouble standing on their own, so I guess these two are no exception. However, the subject matter was pretty much the same.
Spoiler:

Pretty much 1:1 to their corresponding chapters, minus the actually practicing music part - dammit, KyoAni. Next episode looks like an anime original.

Sparvid 2010-05-25 14:45

Spoiler for ep 8:

sunwen 2010-05-25 15:19

The episode made me understand that Mio has been a girlfriend to Ritsu as a boy.

shomai 2010-05-25 15:41

Mitsu just keeps getting stronger in this episdoe

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunwen (Post 3063790)
The episode made me understand that Mio has been a girlfriend to Ritsu as a boy.

I hear ye! :heh: Plus I think Ritsu helping Mio get over her stage fright was really sweet. ^^

kitten320 2010-05-25 15:58

Mostly flashback episode, also had covered Mio/Ritsu childhood chapter :)
Good to see Ritsu without headband even if it was for a second^^

shyezrylei 2010-05-25 19:34

I loved the flashbacks, especially Mio and Ritsu. It was so sweet how Ritsu cared for an upset Mio so much that she wanted to help her get over stage fright. You gotta love that couple.

MeoTwister5 2010-05-26 01:17

Subs are out.

yakumo-chan 2010-05-26 03:07

too bad,,,,, I didnt see a Loli of Mugi chan hehehe....

hai_san 2010-05-26 03:15

Small Yui and Nodoka are super kawaiiii!!!

Small Ritsu letting her hair down too.

Sugar isnt as sweet as this ep.

SaintessHeart 2010-05-26 03:59

Why isn't there a loli Azunyan? :heh:

MeoTwister5 2010-05-26 04:02

Considering the first scene in her kindergarten, Ton-chan and the way she always touches that tortoise on the stairs going to the club room, Yui could become one of four things:

1. Marine Biologist
2. Veterinarian
3. Pet Store Owner
4. Goddess of Fucking Rock

I'm betting on both the third and the fourth.:eyespin:

The start and the flashback reminded me a lot of Hanamaru Youchien, which is great because that show managed to be moe without over-saturation. Given the nature of their flashbacks the episode could have easily fallen into the potholes that plagued the first season but it didn't. Sure there were a few times that it almost did, but the really heart-warming scenes between Mio and Ritsu pulled it away. Again, moe without the whoring.

The biggest surprise for me in this episode is how they managed to pull of the one room setting for the entire episode. Having seen quite a lot of shows with these episodes, it's really a hit-or-miss kind of thing, and in many cases despite my high tolerance for the way these series are done at a deliberately slow pace it sometimes just bores me to death. In fact for this episode I didn't realize how fast the time went by until they brought back the topic of Ritsu and Yui's forms.

Eak 2010-05-26 04:15

Boo! I want a Mugi flashback!

kitten320 2010-05-26 04:37

That would mean that Mugi would be talking about her wealthy life and she doesn't like to talk about it.

itzglez 2010-05-26 05:02

cuteness overload :eyespin: esp Yui and Nodaka

I just don't like the background music in each flashbacks.

~who said Mugi's voice suxx? in ur face!~ LOL! too bad Yui cut her off, I wanna hear more.