AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Favorite quotes, sayings, phrases,etc. (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=57735)

EXEs 2008-02-20 17:45

Roses are red, violets are blue. Most poems rhyme. This one doesn't.

KholdStare 2008-02-20 19:07

Sorry, I'm only interested in 2-D girls.

Echoes 2008-02-20 21:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by EXEs (Post 1411893)
Roses are red, violets are blue. Most poems rhyme. This one doesn't.

Temptation to post a grotesque and stupid version of this from bash.org rising... must... resist...

aka Providence 2008-03-20 11:31

my three quotes regarding how i perceive people:

"doing good things doesn't make you a good person, and doing bad things doesn't make you a bad person."

"there is no such thing as good people, and there is no such thing as bad people."

"people are people."

escimo 2008-03-20 11:47

Optimist is a person who thinks today is a fine day and tomorrow will be even better. Pessimist is a person who fears that the optimist is right.

aka Providence 2008-03-24 02:02

There is no Thou Shalt and Thou Shalt Not, only I Will and I Will Not.

Nemu 2008-03-24 11:32

We're so cool, ice cubes are jealouse.

Autumn Demon 2008-03-24 11:42

tomorrow will be a better day

-Monster

black monster 2008-03-29 09:12

" A strong man doesn't need to read the future. He makes his own "

" We can tell other people about - having faith. What we had faith in. What we found important

enough to fight for. It's not whether you were right or wrong, but how much faith you were

willing to have, that decides the future. "

" Building the future and keeping the past alive are one in the same thing. "

" A legend is nothing but fiction. Someone tells, someone else hears it, everybody passes it on. "

" We need to pass the torch, and let our children read our messy and sad history by its light. "

" Human muscles are quite eloquent. They speak out clearly what the persons next move will

be... They even tell me which way a gun will be pointed before the trigger is pulled. "

" Does it have to be one or the other - love or hate? "

" People's values change over time. And so do the leaders of a country. So there's no such thing

as an enemy in absolute terms. The enemies we fight are only in relative terms, constantly

changing with the times. "

" If you can't put the past behind you, you won't survive long. "

" Life's end... isn't it beautiful? It's almost tragic. When life ends, it gives off a final, lingering

aroma. Light is but a farewell gift from the darkness to those on their way to die. I've been

waiting, Snake, for a long time. Waiting for your birth, your growth, and the finality of today. "

" history will never know what thay did. there story, there debriefing, will endure only in your

heart - thay were real hero. "

" Witness the sorrow you have caused.. "

" Light and dark breed within you... "

Jaden 2008-03-30 11:10

Fate/Stay night: People die when they are killed.
My biology teacher: (cynically): ...The somatic nervous system...or, the nerves associated to the feeling of control...
From WoW: Mages are like the Irish...they fight, then drink, fight again and drink...

Kagedanji 2008-03-30 11:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaden (Post 1498237)
Fate/Stay night: People die when they are killed.

This is lulz.

KholdStare 2008-03-30 12:07

Ryō: I'm Okazaki; I just turned into a girl...

Kagedanji 2008-03-30 15:42

O_O I wanna try.

"A man is not a man for doing things men are expected to do.

He's a man because he told you so and will beat you up for saying he isn't one because that's what men do!"

Kakashi 2008-03-30 17:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kagedanji (Post 1498817)
O_O I wanna try.

"A man is not a man for doing things men are expected to do.

He's a man because he told you so and will beat you up for saying he isn't one because that's what men do!"

loool I have to say I liked this one a lot :D

although you lost your posh, upper classness in the second line but I guess this isn't a lecture hall.

Kagedanji 2008-03-30 19:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by kakashi-san (Post 1499053)
although you lost your posh, upper classness in the second line but I guess this isn't a lecture hall.

That was what was supposed to happen. The second line even totally contradicts with the first.

ESC 2008-03-30 21:34

1) "When people say nothing is impossible, they never tried pulling a door that says push"
2) "It is better to be a dragon's tail than being a serpent's head"
3) "Live through your life as if it were your second and last"
4) "If you want to grab a star, grab it. Don't take your eyes off it because once you do, you will never find it among the many stars."

Z3120 2008-03-30 23:39

"Get busy living or get busy dying" - Red

"The absence of evidence is not the absence of evidence... What I'm saying is that there are known knowns and known unknowns but there are also unknown unknowns" - Gin Rummy

"Gao" - Kamio Misuzu

LR2 2008-03-31 02:42

My favorite anime quote is: "What happens, happens" - Spike Spiegel

Kagedanji 2008-03-31 16:24

From the dub outtakes of Kenshin:

I wanted to call it daterape, but my lawyer said I didn't have a case. - Shishio

SweetHoney 2008-04-01 04:21

Hmm mine would probaly be "ILubChuu" it's something random I made up trying to make you into a cuter word which came as 'chuu' which also has to mean 'kiss' in japanese