AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

DarkWarrior 2011-05-07 16:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3602922)
gundamguy REALLY make me want to make bandai release a MG delta plus! =D

i love the design of that thing!

That Delta Plus looks absolutely amazing. Wow..

And I want a MG Delta Plus badly too. :) It'll definitely be a nice addition to the UC Master Grade line. Oh yeah, a MG Stark Jegan too, although that's more of a stretch.

GrahamAker 2011-05-10 01:07

I am planning to buy MG 00 raiser and exia . APart from these i am planning to get Gundam MkII Aeug ver2 OR Sinanju ka? Which one is better?

duotiga 2011-05-10 02:44

sinanju ver ka. no question asked

Appel 2011-05-10 03:17

personally i think the MK-II 2.0 is a better model in itself because its a simple yet awesome build and its more posable.
but the sinanjus design is way more awesome^^

edit: well, at least my MG freedom and HG avalanche exia dash are finally on their way to me... that damn golden week! XD

Butagami 2011-05-10 07:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3602220)
well, the freedom is 6 years older than the astray. as a kit from 2004 it has all regular master grade features and because of its relativ age it probably is a little less complex than the red frame, making it a great candidate for everyones first master grade.
but because of its age it probably isnt as impressive as the red frame (from a mechanical point of view) and you might be a little underwhelmed or disappointed.

i havent built any of them but knowing the SEED kits im sure that both of them are awesome and both would be a great first MG experience!
however, since i have built the perfect grade red frame and because ive seen rrobberts review of the MG version i do know that it is an EXTREMELY impressive kit. so if you are just worried about your first MG experience you should go with that one in my opinion!
but if you are more of a fan of a rather traditional gundam design you might want to go with the freedom

Thanks a lot for the advice! Based on what people have said about those two kits, I'll buy both and first assemble Freedom. I'll go with taht one first, since I'm planning to do it "properly" (sand the nubs off, gloss-coat, panel-line wash, decal, flat-coat). For that the freedom seems much easier, since it's a simpler design. I saw rroberts review and some others, and noticed how Red Frame is made up of a lot more smaller parts. way more complex. Just the sanding alone will take a lot of time. Also, with freedom i can afford to mess up a bit since more of it is covered by the armor (which I'll do last) while RF's frame is pretty much out in the open.

One more thing: If I assembled the RF first, wouldn't the freedom dissapoint me afterwards, since it's simpler?

Note that this is all planned for after the summer, as I won't have time before then (Currently preparing to "leave the nest" then going off to work on a camping for 2 months, then starting college)

Appel 2011-05-10 08:08

since you plan to put so much work into the freedom i really dont think it will disappoint you^^
the model itself might be simpler but the painted end result will be very satisfying for you

edit: not really a gundam but check out what i got today^^

http://www.abload.de/img/foto07320q9p.jpg

Butagami 2011-05-10 09:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3606693)
since you plan to put so much work into the freedom i really dont think it will disappoint you^^
the model itself might be simpler but the painted end result will be very satisfying for you

edit: not really a gundam but check out what i got today^^

http://www.abload.de/img/foto07320q9p.jpg

What is that thing and why do I feel I should pray to it?

Appel 2011-05-10 10:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butagami (Post 3606809)
What is that thing and why do I feel I should pray to it?

BOW DOWN TO THE KING OF DRAGONS!
bahamut from final fantasy 10 :P like i said, not a gundam but i thought id share :P

Se7en Sabers 2011-05-10 17:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3606859)
BOW DOWN TO THE KING OF DRAGONS!
bahamut from final fantasy 10 :P like i said, not a gundam but i thought id share :P

A cousin of the Epyon ?:phttp://i285.photobucket.com/albums/l...pyonBGsaFS.jpg

Butagami 2011-05-10 18:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Se7en Sabers (Post 3607305)

Strike Epyon?

Rising Dragon 2011-05-10 18:44

Fan-made Epyon Custom for EW, since we'd never seen it back then. It's pretty old.

Dragonar Fan 2011-05-11 09:40

Preordered the MG Epyon & a MBD-1A Dragoon Chogokin this morning

X207 2011-05-11 10:56

has anyone completed painting a gn sword 4 full saber? i would like to know how much work it would be for the 00Q scheme. its still on my list to build behind 3 other kits.

GrahamAker 2011-05-11 11:57

sinanju or gundam mkII or freedom or strike freedom or infinite justice or destiny or gat strike or nu gundam? Which MG to be ordered? Phew finally ordered 00 raiser and exia from hlj.

Appel 2011-05-11 13:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrahamAker (Post 3608230)
sinanju or gundam mkII or freedom or strike freedom or infinite justice or destiny or gat strike or nu gundam? Which MG to be ordered? Phew finally ordered 00 raiser and exia from hlj.

-sinanju is a great model but its a rather difficult build. many small or easily breakable parts and it feels like you put on a million stickers on it... but the end result is just awesome, especially if you have the titanium finish version^^
id recommend it if you have build some master grades before.

-the MK-II is simply amazing. great build and awesome design! and its not even that expensive^^ it also comes with a great base that can be combined with that of the zeta 2.0
its a must buy in my opinion!

-i have yet to build the freedom. it should arrive on friday, i can tell you what i think of it once ive build it^^ that will take some time though because i want to paint it.

-strike freedom was my first master grade. it was fun to put together, its very posable but in my opinion the backpack sucks. plus, the full burst version is a ripoff in my opinion because a) not all visible parts of the frame are shiny gold and the bases gimmick that you can attatch the DRAGOONs to it simply doesnt work without putting a little more work into it.
i can recommend it, its still a good kit.

-i havent build infinite justice but i intend to buy it later. however, i have heard mixed reports about it. some say that many parts fall off all the time, others say its a rocksolid kit. cant say more.

-havent build the destiny and i dont really know anything about it because i dont care about the destiny :P i just hate shinn too much XD

-the strike is a good kit! i have the aile strike and i really like it. its nothing spectecular but its a really solid kit. nothing is really bad about it (except for the old hands without pegs for the weapons...) but nothing stands out as being awesome, too. i can definitely recommend it though^^

-i dont have the nu gundam but its high on my must-buy list :P its an amaro suit afterall^^

Se7en Sabers 2011-05-11 16:11

Regarding the online shop, do you prefer Hobby Search (1999.co.jp) or Hobby Link Japan ?

I've only bought my kits from HLJ so I don't know much about Hobby Search...

Appel 2011-05-11 16:58

ive only ordered kits from HLJ so far and that worked very well so far.

Araxiel 2011-05-11 17:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by X207 (Post 3608172)
has anyone completed painting a gn sword 4 full saber? i would like to know how much work it would be for the 00Q scheme. its still on my list to build behind 3 other kits.

Any paint work you're doing to it, do it before assembly to avoid getting any on the clear parts.
If it's just the basic 00Q scheme, there are about half a dozen areas on the blue parts that need to be blocked in white. Plus panel lining, that's it.
Note that some of the parts that need to be painted white are the handles of the 'gunblade' bits, and the handle of the sword itself. So if you're going to be switching the configuration much, it's worth giving those bits a good coat of varnish or two.

Sworra 2011-05-11 18:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrahamAker (Post 3608230)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3608313)
i dont have the nu gundam but its high on my must-buy list :P its an amaro suit afterall

rrobbert184 has a good review on the Nu..

http://www.youtube.com/user/rrobbert...84/O_QllLgogg0

Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/rrobbert...83/h-df4mGuo1k

Blazer-X 2011-05-11 21:47

For everyone who's still anxious over the beam sword:

Oh and... looking good thar

Finally, Bandai, you read our minds