AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

maknaedik 2011-10-06 09:14

I actually want the Advanced GN-X, the red one.

Having no MG Blast Impulse only mean it's not popular enough :(

I've been thinking of converting a 1/100 Saviour to MG, but it would be difficult I think, that's why I chose MG Justice instead.

Bonta Kun 2011-10-06 09:16

@StrikeFreedomV2:

How is the Geara(Guards Type) like, I really like the look of that model and think I'll get it.
But always nice to hear some opinions.

Ahh so many models to get and so little money to buy em with:(

pumpkins 2011-10-06 09:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sworra (Post 3795206)
I just love reading repeats of posts, sounds like a broken record or a parrot talking to me.

it'll be nice if he just puts it in his signature! and maybe we all can turn signatures off

Quote:

Originally Posted by maknaedik (Post 3795237)
MG Reborns so that 00 Raiser won't be alone anymore. (Oh, now I sound repetitive myself)

GN-X's good in my opinion. Though it's sad that they didn't milk it out.

I'm guessing the GN-X was made because of its potential to sell those variants. Either they're taking it slowly or the sales of the GN-X told them that it wont be viable to create the other GN-Xs.

I'm hoping for a MG Reborns too! All the Exia and 00 can't just fight GN-Xs. :)

maknaedik 2011-10-06 09:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by pumpkins (Post 3795291)

I'm guessing the GN-X was made because of its potential to sell those variants. Either they're taking it slowly or the sales of the GN-X told them that it wont be viable to create the other GN-Xs.

I think it's the latter :( I actually want it to be my next project. MG Advanced GN-X conversion. It only requires some minor, I think, modifications then a repaint.

Appel 2011-10-06 09:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by maknaedik (Post 3795298)
I think it's the latter :( I actually want it to be my next project. MG Advanced GN-X conversion. It only requires some minor, I think, modifications then a repaint.

i agree. the GN-X isnt a great model as far as i have heard and it probably didnt sell too well because of that... so if they use it as a base for variations those kits will suck as well and no one would ever buy them :P

duotiga 2011-10-06 09:46

sadly...impulse is not complete without the blast silhouette =|

Sworra 2011-10-06 09:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 3795335)
sadly...impulse is not complete without the blast silhouette =|

Indeed.. considering they have the other two out for the MG. I don't know why Bandai didn't give us the optional parts and colour scheme to make it Sword or Blast. But maybe in the future they will give us a MG of it.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2011-10-06 10:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonta Kun (Post 3795288)
Ahh so many models to get and so little money to buy em with:(

I SOOooo.... agree with you. :D

I envy Sworra & Appel who seem to be able to pre-order anything whenever they want. :D

Oh, yeah, I've thinking about this for a long time: how can GN-X made it to MG but Reborns, Gadessa, Gaddes, & Garazzo didn't even made into 1/100? Are they really less popular than GN-X?

Appel 2011-10-06 10:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 3795358)
I SOOooo.... agree with you. :D

I envy Sworra & Appel who seem to be able to pre-order anything whenever they want. :D

Oh, yeah, I've thinking about this for a long time: how can GN-X made it to MG but Reborns, Gadessa, Gaddes, & Garazzo didn't even made into 1/100? Are they really less popular than GN-X?

well, i cant buy everything^^ im not rockefeller :P
my money is just as limited as yours, i just try to plan ahead and put some money aside for models.
there are also times when i dont buy any kits at all. for examlpe from now until december i probably wont by anything. the older kits that i want are out of stock everywhere and im not at all interested in the new ones that come out, except for the MG FA unicorn and the kotobukiya jehuty.

StrikeFreedomV2 2011-10-06 10:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonta Kun (Post 3795288)
@StrikeFreedomV2:

How is the Geara(Guards Type) like, I really like the look of that model and think I'll get it.
But always nice to hear some opinions.

Ahh so many models to get and so little money to buy em with:(

Itīs overall a great looking kit with alot of stuff in terms of weapons. It has an axe, a great looking beam rifle, grenades, a Panzerfaust (i think thatīs what itīs called) and a shield. Itīs like a cross between the original Geara Zulu and Angeloīs Custom version. Poseability is pretty good, even though it canīt do the splits and has a 90 degree bend in both arms and legs. But it doesnīt really need it, I think. Only downside are the stickers, particullary the white ones with the black dots. They go on the forearms, the ammo clips and shoulders plus some go on the vents on the side of the ankles and can look a little weird if put on correctly. But if you paint it, that becomes irrelevant.



Overall, I really recommend it, itīs a fun build and really worth the money^^

Here are a few pics. Quality is kinda bad, the pics are made with my cellphone and the lighting in my place is not really good:heh:


Bonta Kun 2011-10-06 12:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 (Post 3795419)
Itīs overall a great looking kit with alot of stuff in terms of weapons. It has an axe, a great looking beam rifle, grenades, a Panzerfaust (i think thatīs what itīs called) and a shield. Itīs like a cross between the original Geara Zulu and Angeloīs Custom version. Poseability is pretty good, even though it canīt do the splits and has a 90 degree bend in both arms and legs. But it doesnīt really need it, I think. Only downside are the stickers, particullary the white ones with the black dots. They go on the forearms, the ammo clips and shoulders plus some go on the vents on the side of the ankles and can look a little weird if put on correctly. But if you paint it, that becomes irrelevant.

Overall, I really recommend it, itīs a fun build and really worth the money^^

Thats good to hear, I'm not too fussed about having great articulation, as long as it's decent thats good enough for me, won't really be playing around with them anyway.

Still not sure if I'll be painting anything atm, only just recently got back into gundpla(last time I built one of these was way back in 1997 or so)

Also another question, anyone know of any decent weapon stuff, apart from the stuff on HLJ which isn't a great selection, I would like to have options without having to just buy more models.

Appel 2011-10-06 15:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonta Kun (Post 3795523)
Also another question, anyone know of any decent weapon stuff, apart from the stuff on HLJ which isn't a great selection, I would like to have options without having to just buy more models.

there are a few options but they are usually for specific kits (like the lohengrin launcher for the MG astray blue frame or the shot lancer for the crossbone X2).
you can take a look here for example: http://tatsuhobby.com/webstore/index...=index&cPath=3
the selection isnt great though, too.

in december bandai will release a set of 1/144 scale weapons. in this set you get one rifle and one gatling gun that you can add many pieces to. like different magazines or stands:
http://www.gunjap.net/site/?p=31181

there are also weapons for the frame arms models from kotobukiya available.
http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljlist?SeriesID=1841&Dis=2
but i have no clue in what scale they are and whether a gundam could use them or not!

edit: according to this video the kotobukiya gatling has a good size for MGs. and it sure looks like it does! that thing seems pretty awesome^^

ars89 2011-10-06 17:51

Can't believe i didn't know the Gafran transforms, i think it looks better in its other mode, debating picking it up. Have decide not to get the FA unicorn. I just don't like the design for some reason, maybe its too bulky or blocky.

maknaedik 2011-10-06 18:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilMayCry (Post 3795888)
i <3 anime. i epecially love devilmaycry and soul eater

Wrong thread dude :P

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2011-10-06 19:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilMayCry (Post 3795888)
i <3 anime. i epecially love devilmaycry and soul eater

??? And what's that got to do with this Gundam Model thread? That game & anime that you mention didn't even have any version of model kits. :confused:

MoonLightShadows 2011-10-06 19:16

Age 1 Gundam, O Gundam. If i had a HG RX-78 I would of added that too. I cant wait to see the MG Age 1 now. After how good the HG is.


beamknight87 2011-10-06 23:19

Some pics of this kit.

Spoiler for Pics:


Basically an out of the box build, adding some weathering to make it look "worn out" along a little paint here and there for detailing. It's a nice model but plenty of parts fall off all the time, which is annoying. Anyways, this isn't finished just yet, as I gave this kit the weapons from the 1/144 Engage Octaver SR-1 kit from Five Star Stories (a sword and a shield in which I attempted to do battle damage for the first time), I just need to get a fabric in order to make a cloak a la Crossbone Gundam for this fella, so yeah, I'm ditching the weapons and even the Aile Striker for this little project but who cares, the Strike by itself is cool enough.

Appel 2011-10-07 01:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by ars89 (Post 3795880)
Can't believe i didn't know the Gafran transforms, i think it looks better in its other mode, debating picking it up. Have decide not to get the FA unicorn. I just don't like the design for some reason, maybe its too bulky or blocky.

yes, thats why im thinking about getting it, too :P

and about the FA unicorn, the blockyness and bulkyness is actually what i like about it^^

Znozzy 2011-10-07 03:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by beamknight87 (Post 3796256)
Some pics of this kit.

Basically an out of the box build, adding some weathering to make it look "worn out" along a little paint here and there for detailing. It's a nice model but plenty of parts fall off all the time, which is annoying. Anyways, this isn't finished just yet, as I gave this kit the weapons from the 1/144 Engage Octaver SR-1 kit from Five Star Stories (a sword and a shield in which I attempted to do battle damage for the first time), I just need to get a fabric in order to make a cloak a la Crossbone Gundam for this fella, so yeah, I'm ditching the weapons and even the Aile Striker for this little project but who cares, the Strike by itself is cool enough.

Great work, looks awesome!

duotiga 2011-10-07 03:54

im done with MG Strike Freedom (normal)


nxt in line his buddy Infinite Justice


wip


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:11.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.