AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

duotiga 2006-10-30 07:21

i still prefer the original freedom design :P

subaruhess 2006-11-01 09:08

I got & finished my 1/100 saviour, very decent quality kit. The only bad points are the forearms are very fragile, & to transform the arm units you have to dismantle them. The locking systems in the shoulders and leg units make it very sturdy in MA mode, a big improvement over the flimsy 1/144 version.

jbui 2006-11-01 10:42

subaruhess, nice job. What did u use to make the panel lines? There done very well.

Copy Ninja Kakashi 2006-11-01 10:50

nice Saviour, did you already tested if it can fit on a stand? (because of the hole underneath)

subaruhess 2006-11-01 11:46

I used really fine (finer than 0.01) techinical pen to do the panel details, & it can fit the legend stand but you have to invert the top part of the stand. Because the slot is underneath it, there is also a bracket attachment that goes in between the leg units so that it can still be mounted on the stand in MA mode. Good to see making more releases compatible with the action stand. Now how about a 1/100 Gaia, Abyss or Blast impulse?

Copy Ninja Kakashi 2006-11-01 12:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by subaruhess (Post 726155)
I used really fine (finer than 0.01) techinical pen to do the panel details, & it can fit the legend stand but you have to invert the top part of the stand. Because the slot is underneath it, there is also a bracket attachment that goes in between the leg units so that it can still be mounted on the stand in MA mode. Good to see making more releases compatible with the action stand. Now how about a 1/100 Gaia, Abyss or Blast impulse?

mm thnx for the info you don't have a Freedom MG stand? I would like to know if that one fits? I prefer the MG stand over the Legend stand...

subaruhess 2006-11-01 12:48

The gap is only big enough for the stem of the legend stand without any attachments, just the bare stem. MG freedom stand has a thicker stem, so it wouldnt be possible unless you modify it. Besides the action stand is going to be sold seperately soon, I wouldnt bother with MG freedom stand.

duotiga 2006-11-02 07:32

Asking frm ppl of Singapore...where can i now still find 1/144HG METEOR + Freedom Gundam? thanks

Copy Ninja Kakashi 2006-11-02 07:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 727037)
Asking frm ppl of Singapore...where can i now still find 1/144HG METEOR + Freedom Gundam? thanks

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN925301

duotiga 2006-11-02 07:53

i mean local hobby shops thanks

dodgethis_sg 2006-11-04 07:31

Don't be a bum and expect us to spoon feed you the bloody info. Go down to town during the weekend and explore all the shops. It's not as if they are not within walking distance of each other. If you can't find one, too bad. Just wait for the shops to bring new stocks. It's not as if you would die if you don't buy the kit today, am I right?

kct 2006-11-04 09:28

If you have nothing better to say just shut up instead of calling people a lazy bastard.

Fafnir 2006-11-04 11:29

Just take a phone book and call all the hobby shops in your area. If none of them have it, ask if any of them will take an order. If not, you still have the internets.

duotiga 2006-11-04 12:43

calling names is alright but i manage to get it...thanks for your help anyway......

Meehlimo 2006-11-04 12:48

Yo all the new strike iwsp is sweet as hell the striker pack is so well done and is sized just right thats an the new colors seem more apealing thant the original ones.Deff a must have for strike fans.

Tak 2006-11-04 15:46

This may not be... Gundam, but...

http://www.hlj.com/product/WAVMC-41

ARGHHHH!!! ARGHHHH!! AHHHHH!!! *chiching!* *There goes me money...*

- Tak

GameraBaenre 2006-11-04 17:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tak (Post 729492)
This may not be... Gundam, but...

http://www.hlj.com/product/WAVMC-41

ARGHHHH!!! ARGHHHH!! AHHHHH!!! *chiching!* *There goes me money...*

- Tak

heh.. just reserved one of these bad boys from HobbySearch.... time to employ some of the points I've earned with them so far....

M_Flores 2006-11-04 22:07

Does anyone here use EMS?
Can anyone tell me a description of EMS other than the one written in HLJ?

I've been ordering SAL shipment and always have been, but I was wondering, how much faster is EMS? (I already have an idea on how much more expensive since they got prices up for most kits)
Is there anything faster than EMS?
Considering it takes me around say, 24-ish days to get my kits arriving through SAL, how much faster does EMS deliver?
Is EMS safer, more cafeful, and just overall that better?

Thanks for any answers.

JFvergara 2006-11-04 22:41

First Post, thought I'd contribute.:heh:

My MG Freedom customized a bit. Black Plasma Cannons and Red Rail Guns. Everything is painted. Head colour scheme is a bit different.

My 1/100 Justice. Repainted it red to make it a bit more sexy.

Finally, my custom colour 1/100 custom colour legend Gundam. I didn't dig the blue/gray too much so I painted it to look more badass. Dragoon's and highlights were painted black while the gray was replaced with more of a silverish colour.

Comments are welcome :p.

I'm going to order the MG Strike Freedom and repaint that when I get a new airbrush kit to go with it.

aikming 2006-11-05 01:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by M_Flores (Post 729845)
Does anyone here use EMS?
Can anyone tell me a description of EMS other than the one written in HLJ?

I've been ordering SAL shipment and always have been, but I was wondering, how much faster is EMS? (I already have an idea on how much more expensive since they got prices up for most kits)
Is there anything faster than EMS?
Considering it takes me around say, 24-ish days to get my kits arriving through SAL, how much faster does EMS deliver?
Is EMS safer, more cafeful, and just overall that better?

Thanks for any answers.

EMS is much faster, should take no more than 7 working days normally, unless december season which may be unpredictable.

EMS should have tracking so you can track where's your package.

I dont think there will be any change in the packaging. But handling will be less compared to SAL. You dont wait or placed with other items when shipped by post office.