AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2012-05-09 20:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 4153046)
im going to yodobashi umeda today^^ i dont think i will have money left when the day is over :B

Happy shopping, App :D! Make sure you buy nice items! Oh yeah, if you're interested, isn't there a HG Bansheee clear which just got released?

maknaedik 2012-05-09 21:16

Quote:

im going to yodobashi umeda today^^ i dont think i will have money left when the day is over :B

Now I already started imagining on what things will I buy if I'm ever in Japan.

Why don't you try some resin ones and level-up your modelling skills >:)

casval cehack 2012-05-09 23:42

Quote:

I wonder what will be your initial reaction when confronted by shelves upon shelves of gunpla in there...

StrikeFreedomV2 2012-05-10 01:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 4153070)
At least you live in Japan and can go to Yodobashi.. >_>
People outside of Japan need to order online or go to conventions and pay crazy amounts of money.

>_<

Appel lives in Germany, he's probably on vacation in Japan.

Appel 2012-05-10 02:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by casval cehack (Post 4153411)
I wonder what will be your initial reaction when confronted by shelves upon shelves of gunpla in there...

i probably looked like some little boy in a candy store :B rrobbert on youtube uploaded a video about the store on youtube. i wanted to take pictures as well but i wasnt allowed to do so...
but my dads reaction was even better when i actually started shopping! but his disapproval just made me spend even more money ;D

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 (Post 4153526)
Appel lives in Germany, he's probably on vacation in Japan.

yes exactly. my dad invited me. and i heard about yotobashi umeda on rrobbert184s chanel on youtube.

the store is great by the way! very wide selection and most kits 30% off. i even saw a 2 1/144 dendrobiums ^^
but as i said before, im a little limited with how much i can spend and the space i have available. so for now i bought MG zeta 2.0 (3640 yen), HG jesta (1120 yen) and MG AGE-1 sparrow (2940 yen). maybe i will go there again but for now im actually quite happy.
i didnt even see any resin kits. and i dont really feel like building one of those^^

edit: i also got a pack of gundam markers. the regular one with white, yellow, red, blue, grey and a lining marker. the other ones are 150 yen each, maybe i will pick up more of those.
but i mainly want to look into some more HGs or one more MG with a smaller box. i dont know yet^^

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2012-05-10 03:07

@ Appel
Are there any limited item there :confused:. If there are, are they cheap?

Appel 2012-05-10 07:29

i didnt see any of those. they only had the regular ones there as far as i know. but im ok with that. for example, i dont really want to pay extra for a zeta 2.0 HD color version only because the plasic is molded in a slightly different color.

today i will check how much i can fit into my traveling bag and if i still have enough room im going to check out yodobashi a second time^^ i think i will pick up some action bases and maybe a third MG if i can fit it into the bag.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2012-05-10 08:21

I really hope you can buy MG Banshee KA. :D I want to know how much it costs there.

Oh yeah, I just finished assembling a kit. It’s HG Nu HWS. Maybe it’s time to share?
Spoiler for Warning: It's pretty long ^_^:
Overall, it’s a great kit. It has a lot of features and mode options. Btw, I bought this kit coz I really doubt Bandai will make a MG of it. Even though there’s a chinese bootleg “Gundoom” version of Nu HWS which has more details & weapons than Bandai’s, it doesn’t look that good, especially the face (you can see it on Prime92's review). Also, I bought this Nu HWS when it’s on sale so it’s pretty cheap. I might consider buying the cheaper HG Nu (plain) just to have the Double-Fin Funnel mode. :D

Appel 2012-05-10 08:41

i dont really want the banshee ver.ka since i already have an unofficial one at home^^

casval cehack 2012-05-10 09:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4153873)
I really hope you can buy MG Banshee KA. :D I want to know how much it costs there.

Oh yeah, I just finished assembling a kit. It’s HG Nu HWS. Maybe it’s time to share?

Overall, it’s a great kit. It has a lot of features and mode options. Btw, I bought this kit coz I really doubt Bandai will make a MG of it. Even though there’s a chinese bootleg “Gundoom” version of Nu HWS which has more details & weapons than Bandai’s, it doesn’t look that good, especially the face (you can see it on Prime92's review). Also, I bought this Nu HWS when it’s on sale so it’s pretty cheap. I might consider buying the cheaper HG Nu (plain) just to have the Double-Fin Funnel mode. :D

The lack of an actual Nu DFF gunpla forced me to get the Hi-v instead. I also don't like asymmetric look of the Nu but that yellow-black scheme looks terrific...so GBP version then.

The sharp looking Hazel: another kit that deserves an MG.

@Appel - Speaking of rrobbert184, why not a couple of those wind-up Zakus or the light-up Dom (or an Acguy?) if you're going back to the store.

Chiu_fan 2012-05-10 10:53

After 5 days, I've finally finished building my MG Strike Noir!
Here are some pics.

What do you guys think?

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2012-05-10 11:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiu_fan (Post 4154027)
After 5 days, I've finally finished building my MG Strike Noir!
Here are some pics.

*snip*

What do you guys think?

It’s beautiful. The way you pose it is unique. I’ve never seen it before. You can do a million poses with that cool kit. :D

Oh yeah, I’m just wondering about something. The eyes look pale. Aren’t they metallics like most of gundam kits? Or is it a regular color just like 1/100 Blitz’ non-metallic blue eyes? :confused: I don't have the Noir so I don't know.

Chiu_fan 2012-05-10 11:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4154074)
It’s beautiful. The way you pose it is unique. I’ve never seen it before. You can do a million poses with that cool kit. :D

Oh yeah, I’m just wondering about something. The eyes look pale. Aren’t they metallics like most of gundam kits? Or is it a regular color just like 1/100 Blitz’ non-metallic blue eyes? :confused: I don't have the Noir so I don't know.

Haha. Thanks!:D I actually used Gundam Marker gold for the eyes. I tried using yellow first but I didn't like the result.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2012-05-10 11:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiu_fan (Post 4154091)
Haha. Thanks!:D I actually used Gundam Marker gold for the eyes. I tried using yellow first but I didn't like the result.

Oh, I see. I thought you used the sticker. Well, you can always stick it later on. :D

casval cehack 2012-05-11 05:27

MG Marasai's features.
http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/1130/mgmarasai.jpg

maknaedik 2012-05-11 05:42

YEAH! MG Marasai FTW!

Appel 2012-05-11 05:43

picked up the HG AGE-3 normal today. dad raged again because im "wasting my money" =D
and on monday we are close to yodobashi for a third time... but im not sure if i want to pick up any more models. im thinking about getting a danazine but the more i look at the images in reviews the goofier it looks to me :P i think i will pick up an action base for my AGE-1 instead.

Bonta Kun 2012-05-11 08:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 4155177)
picked up the HG AGE-3 normal today. dad raged again because im "wasting my money" =D
and on monday we are close to yodobashi for a third time... but im not sure if i want to pick up any more models. im thinking about getting a danazine but the more i look at the images in reviews the goofier it looks to me :P i think i will pick up an action base for my AGE-1 instead.

Yea I'd agree with your dad, your def wasting your money on a AGE-3;):heh:

Marasai's looking good but them colours look I dunno pale/weak?
Not that I don't like the red but I think it could do with some paint to look more striking.

Appel 2012-05-11 09:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonta Kun (Post 4155401)
Yea I'd agree with your dad, your def wasting your money on a AGE-3;):heh:

the AGE-3 grew on me a lot! plus if the kit is anywhere near as good as the AGE-1 its worth the money.

suiton629 2012-05-11 09:31

Hey so I kinda gave up on waiting for MG Exia R2 (even though I think it'll be made).
So lately, I've been considering to purchase some HG kits along with Action Base 2 stands.

Where can I get these the cheapest online? I live in the US so choices are eBay (if shipped from US), Amazon, Gundam Guy, etc etc.

1.5 gundam
-- red
reborns gundam
-- red
0 gundam (type acd)
-- green
0 gundam (roll out)
-- green
exia repair 2
-- green

* The color under each kit indicates the Action Base 2 I want for that kit.
* So green is Sparkle Green Action Base 2, and red is Sparkle Red Action Base 2.