AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

suiton629 2013-10-31 20:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 4892190)
We need model kits of these with the new proportions

I would totally buy them

Would you want those or would you want the rest of the Endless Waltz MGs including updated Wing EW and Wing Zero EW?

:rolleyes:

Besides, something like the Aesculapius in HG 1/144 or MG 1/100 wouldn't sell too well since it's not a lead or part of the main team of the Operation Meteor units.

Hell, I would say that we're more likely to get releases of

Spoiler:


Since those guys (in terms of the Wing series) is more relevant and current since they show in Frozen Teardrop/Glory of the Losers.

Knight-of-Gold 2013-11-01 00:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4892212)
Would you want those or would you want the rest of the Endless Waltz MGs including updated Wing EW and Wing Zero EW?

:rolleyes:

Besides, something like the Aesculapius in HG 1/144 or MG 1/100 wouldn't sell too well since it's not a lead or part of the main team of the Operation Meteor units.

Hell, I would say that we're more likely to get releases of

Spoiler:


Since those guys (in terms of the Wing series) is more relevant and current since they show in Frozen Teardrop/Glory of the Losers.

He just said he wanted the G-unit designs as model kits.

And since one of them now has a robot damashii we are more likely to see them get releases than the frozen teardrop gundams. (most of which are still secret)

kaizerknight01 2013-11-01 02:17

guys does anyone have experience in pla plates ??? I thinking on modding some add armor parts for my HGUC/AW

Appel 2013-11-01 04:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4892212)
Besides, something like the Aesculapius in HG 1/144 or MG 1/100 wouldn't sell too well since it's not a lead or part of the main team of the Operation Meteor units.

How do you know that? Do you know what the japanese market wants? Because that is what Bandai is making these models for in the first place!
And slightly more obscure models (especially those from mangas) sell EXTREMELY well. What do you think why they are releasing so many Astray variations right now?

suiton629 2013-11-01 07:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 4892561)
How do you know that? Do you know what the japanese market wants? Because that is what Bandai is making these models for in the first place!
And slightly more obscure models (especially those from mangas) sell EXTREMELY well. What do you think why they are releasing so many Astray variations right now?

I would assume fans would be (well mainstream consumers) more interested in the rest of the EW releases rather than things from G-Unit which is very obscure.

Be honest.

Would you want (for example) MGs for

Spoiler:


OR

Spoiler:


Also. "...slightly more obscure models (especially those from mangas) sell EXTREMELY well..."
How would you know this? Is there a current or recent (as in within a few years) manga series or anime series that had G-Unit Gundams? Nope.
Astray you say? There's been a recent/current manga series.

Astray variations sell because there exists MGs of it since a while back. Bandai I think is re-releases these G-Unit suits because people (as in resellers) were selling them online at very high prices and people were buying them.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2013-11-01 07:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4892644)
Would you want (for example) MGs for

Spoiler:

OR
Spoiler:

Why choose when Bandai can make all of them and fans will eat all of them? :rolleyes:

You sound like those "Marvel vs. DC" fanboys in forums who are looking for conflicts when there should be none.

Read Skye's post again. What's wrong with wanting the G-Units made into proper kits?

suiton629 2013-11-01 07:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4892653)
Why choose when Bandai can make all of them and fans will eat all of them? :rolleyes:

You sound like those "Marvel vs. DC" fanboys in forums who are looking for conflicts when there should be none.

Read Skye's post again. What's wrong with wanting the G-Units made into proper kits?

True. But Bandai is already booked as it is in terms of GunPla

Build Fighter, Wing EW, Age (to a degree?), Unicorn, Origins, Seed HD, and Seed Destiny HD

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2013-11-01 07:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4892657)
True. But Bandai is already booked as it is in terms of GunPla

Build Fighter, Wing EW, Age (to a degree?), Unicorn, Origins, Seed HD, and Seed Destiny HD

And who said we need G-Unit kits fast? We can wait for Bandai to release them a few years later when they're "less busy". What's important is Bandai makes them at all.

Providenceangle 2013-11-01 09:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 (Post 4892484)
guys does anyone have experience in pla plates ??? I thinking on modding some add armor parts for my HGUC/AW

I don't suggest "Pla plates" as a brand. You should be able to find cheap polystyrene sheets locally, or from a hobby site for far cheaper.

Now that that is off my chest... It's not too hard. Lots of effort to get a clean look. I would suggest getting some epoxy putty, as it will help with seams, where you stack plates. CA(super) glue is a good idea. I know plastic cement works well too, but takes a long time. Best advice is to have a good design planned out and stick to it.

kaizerknight01 2013-11-01 09:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Providenceangle (Post 4892776)
I don't suggest "Pla plates" as a brand. You should be able to find cheap polystyrene sheets locally, or from a hobby site for far cheaper.

Now that that is off my chest... It's not too hard. Lots of effort to get a clean look. I would suggest getting some epoxy putty, as it will help with seams, where you stack plates. CA(super) glue is a good idea. I know plastic cement works well too, but takes a long time. Best advice is to have a good design planned out and stick to it.

thanks for the advice

Illsteir 2013-11-01 13:48


Knight-of-Gold 2013-11-01 14:20

Oh sweet Jesus. Turn X finally gets recognition.
Hopefully some kits follow soon.

Skye629 2013-11-01 17:02

Suiton here's my honest opinion on releasing the G-Units vs the remaining EW line:

BOTH

Im a greedy person


Why get one or the other when you can get both and the best of both worlds?

Eg. PC vs Mac, why get one or the other when I can get both? Profit because the bottom line is I win (and yes I do have both lol)

suiton629 2013-11-02 06:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 4893236)
Suiton here's my honest opinion on releasing the G-Units vs the remaining EW line:

BOTH

Im a greedy person


Why get one or the other when you can get both and the best of both worlds?

Eg. PC vs Mac, why get one or the other when I can get both? Profit because the bottom line is I win (and yes I do have both lol)

Comparing apples to oranges.

Both are "fruits" (i.e. model kits), but 1 is current and relevant (EW line) whereas other is more for the niche consumer (G-Unit). If we do get the G-Unit stuff in HG or MG, I suspect they'll be a line of online exclusives.

StratoSpear 2013-11-02 06:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4893950)
Comparing apples to oranges.

Both are "fruits" (i.e. model kits), but 1 is current and relevant (EW line) whereas other is more for the niche consumer (G-Unit). If we do get the G-Unit stuff in HG or MG, I suspect they'll be a line of online exclusives.

Irrelevant.

The previous line of SEED's Astray series mobile suits (Gale Strike, Hail Buster etc.), by your logic, also falls into the "niche consumer" list and yet they get kits of their own.

And do remember, G-Unit already had kits made for them before so an update isn't that far-fetched. And those weren't even exclusives then so why would Bandai make them so only now?

Bandai have already showed that they are capable to releasing non-exclusive kits for "niche consumers" twice (maybe more, correct me if so) so it is still a possibility one can hope for.

Also, I'm liking that Geminass. That's an upcoming RD, I suppose?

suiton629 2013-11-02 06:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by StratoSpear (Post 4893956)
Irrelevant.

The previous line of SEED's Astray series mobile suits (Gale Strike, Hail Buster etc.), by your logic, also falls into the "niche consumer" list and yet they get kits of their own.

And do remember, G-Unit already had kits made for them before so an update isn't that far-fetched. And those weren't even exclusives then so why would Bandai make them so only now?

Bandai have already showed that they are capable to releasing non-exclusive kits for "niche consumers" twice (maybe more, correct me if so) so it is still a possibility one can hope for.

Also, I'm liking that Geminass. That's an upcoming RD, I suppose?

Whatever theories we come up with, it's all speculation since Bandai makes these choices, and sometimes they're very surprising or confusing.

StratoSpear 2013-11-02 07:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4893959)
Whatever theories we come up with, it's all speculation since Bandai makes these choices, and sometimes they're very surprising or confusing.

We should just leave it at that.

Shinobi2013 2013-11-02 08:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4893950)
Comparing apples to oranges.

Both are "fruits" (i.e. model kits), but 1 is current and relevant (EW line) whereas other is more for the niche consumer (G-Unit). If we do get the G-Unit stuff in HG or MG, I suspect they'll be a line of online exclusives.

Let me remind you that online exclusives are mostly recolors and minor tweaks or few new parts. G-Unit will be an all new mold both whether in newer HG and MG so it's a dumb idea to make it as an online exclusive.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2013-11-02 08:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4893959)
Whatever theories we come up with, it's all speculation since Bandai makes these choices, and sometimes they're very surprising or confusing.

Says someone who constantly and persistently spam his wishlist that he wants Bandai to make, while at the same time bashing other people’s wishlists as being “not relevant” and whatnot :rolleyes:.

duotiga 2013-11-02 08:57

people can we just

http://www.keepcalmandposters.com/posters/80122.png

this argument is getting nowhere......with the nowhere questions asked


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:46.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.