AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Tormenk 2015-12-26 11:44

Anyone that has the RG Exia can comment on how strong its RG frame is? I'm keen on getting one but the possible fragility of its RG frame is holding me back.

Router25 2015-12-26 19:09

Since 00 has the same frame as Exia except for the waist section, I could say it is quite sturdy. Just remember RG is only called fragile because it has a lot of small parts due to color separation and advanced joints made from plastics softer than the usual ABS

wavehawk 2015-12-27 05:09

Don't get an RG to play around with like a toy. The RG Exia is sturdy (IMHO Exia is one of the BEST Gundams to be built in RG form because of how sleek it is) and will accept a lot of posing. In fact, I'm more worried about the metallic coat of the GN Sword and Blades staining over time. The only other issue I have with it is the clear GN cables being a bit temperamental when you install them and the possibility they may pop out if you make too extreme a pose.

Tormenk 2015-12-27 10:22

^ I have my Robot Damashiis for that. I only intend to pose Exia simply, if at all once I get it. I have never experienced gold or chrome coating being stained at all, judging from my five-year old 1/100 Gold Frame Amatsu so no worries there.

Seems like my fear of breaking the leg frame like I did with the RG RX 78-2 probably won't come true then. Thanks for the comments you two.

Chibiloli 2015-12-27 20:12

Anybody know where I can get the Sinanju's Bazooka? I have the Vanilla Sinanju but I want the bazook as well, the one that can attach to its Beam Rifle I mean.

wavehawk 2015-12-27 20:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tormenk (Post 5740270)
I have never experienced gold or chrome coating being stained at all

- I have. Depending on how much UV light strikes it. Back when I lived in the Philippines I had a shelf near the window, and an old gold-plated kit I had (an old G-Gundam kit)had the metallic sheen go black in certain spots within a month. That's what swore me off metallic kits in general--with the cost of the kit it's probably better just to buy a normal kit and paint it yourself. And with some 'gold' kits I actually prefer it to look less shiny metallic (like my HG Hyakushiki which has a dull Titanium Gold paintjob).

I make some exceptions, though. The RG Exia's one of them--since the GN Short and Long Blades are physical swords it makes more sense for them to be shiny metallic.

Router25 2015-12-27 22:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chibiloli (Post 5740618)
Anybody know where I can get the Sinanju's Bazooka? I have the Vanilla Sinanju but I want the bazook as well, the one that can attach to its Beam Rifle I mean.

If you're talking about the HG version, it's the system weapons 07. It come with the GM semistriker weapon.

If it's the MG then it's only available on the MG Sinanju OVA ver. (Not the ver Ka)

Chibiloli 2015-12-29 06:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Router25 (Post 5740683)
If you're talking about the HG version, it's the system weapons 07. It come with the GM semistriker weapon.

If it's the MG then it's only available on the MG Sinanju OVA ver. (Not the ver Ka)

Do I still have to assemble it though? Like cur it out of gates and such? Or is it already assembled?

Router25 2015-12-29 09:13

The base weapon parts (for this example, the bazooka base, its scope and nozzle and the semi-striker weapon) are already pre-assembled (as seen in the packaging).
Additional accessories (beam effects, the bazooka shaft, zeon and feddie MS hands, and a weapon storage stand) are on spruces and an instruction manual are also included (much like a gunpla kit).

Price is 1300 yen (sorry, I don't know how much it cost in your country because of taxes) and it actually says in the box that it was intended for the Sinanju.

Faux Mecha 2016-01-02 04:33

Something about the HG Tryon 3 makes my head scratch, what was that alternate sticker for the inside of Riku Tryon's mouth that has a shilloutte of a girl supposed to mean?

Also no Armed Booster gimmick in the instructions sheet.

Chibiloli 2016-01-06 06:45

Yeah, anybody know when iron blooded orphans option set 3 be abailable and what stuff is in it?

Ryuuoh DeltaPlus 2016-01-06 08:47

In your opinion, what is the most complex MG in terms of build?

I want to hear your suggestions so that I can choose which MG I'll buy next

Skye629 2016-01-06 20:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chibiloli (Post 5746882)
Yeah, anybody know when iron blooded orphans option set 3 be abailable and what stuff is in it?

You mean this?

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)
Sometime in the next 1-3 months I believe

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryuuoh DeltaPlus (Post 5746943)
In your opinion, what is the most complex MG in terms of build?

I want to hear your suggestions so that I can choose which MG I'll buy next

Probably a transformable MS, the transformations always add some level of complexity. Everything else is mostly just standard MG, its just a matter of just more parts or not. In a way too older kits can be more complex just due to the designs being not as well done, though Im not sure if you want to go that route

I'd suggest/recommend a MG Zeta or Unicorn variant

Skye629 2016-01-06 20:26

Does anyone know why some older non-exclusive MG kits are so expensive (which normally retail for $30-60 but are costing $70+)?

I've been looking round recently for MG OYW era kits, but all the one's which have caught my interest are either backordered, or super overpriced despite being standard MG releases in the past

The kits I am looking at are:

MG RX-78-1 Full Armor Gundam (the green/orange/white one, not the blue exclusive one that was done a few months ago)
MG G-3 Gundam 2.0 (price more reasonable but somewhat high for my liking, will probably get instead of the FA if no choice)
MG Zaku 1 Rambal Ral
MG Gelgoog Cannon

Jestersage 2016-01-09 18:48

I am thinking of getting the 1/144 Man Rodi, but here's my question:

1) What's the chance of a Rodi variant that is slimmer or have a true frame in the future?
2) Is the Ahab reactor larger than those on other IBO models?

Skye629 2016-01-10 08:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jestersage (Post 5750307)
I am thinking of getting the 1/144 Man Rodi, but here's my question:

1) What's the chance of a Rodi variant that is slimmer or have a true frame in the future?
2) Is the Ahab reactor larger than those on other IBO models?

1. Low IMO, the battlefield have moved on, with the new opponents. So we're primarily gonna be seeing Grazes, Gundam Types, new Teiwaz units, and new prototype MS

If we ever see the Rodi again, its probably gonna be mostly unchanged

2. We never seen the Ahab reactors on the Rodi's, though given all the previous kits, its the same design, and probably about the same size too

Router25 2016-01-10 08:58

Plus if those Rhodis are only exclusive to those pirates due to the Guison Schematic, it would be gone for good unless those scrapped are re-purposed again

Faux Mecha 2016-01-10 12:23

it kind of strikes me odd that the HG G-Self had limited thigh articulation, lacking side to side swivel motion & for reasons the Montero & Grimoire somehow had them, they're even a full 180 rotation too!, note that it was meant to be the main MS of that series but had bad engineering compared to even the common R.C. grunt units, is it like because it was the first HG for that series hence why the engineering was lackluster?
also you have to D.I.Y. slice off the thigh's plastic chunk at the hip poly cap mount to make the poly cap swivel work properly but still does not improve the articulation.

wavehawk 2016-01-12 04:16

IMHO the best kit in the G-Reco line was the Grimoire. I was so-so with the Montero (okay but not as cool as I'd thought it would be) and really annoyed with the G-Reco's lack of posability despite having double-jointed knees. I wasn't expecting super posability I just wanted sufficient posabilty to make it more than a "Stand up and do nothing" static model. Even moreso when the Assault Pack and Perfect Pack versiosn didn't make any changes at all to the frame.

But I REALLY cracked the @%$!@$ after building the Dahak.

Faux Mecha 2016-01-12 07:37

i always think the HG G-Self's budget was drained by the Build Burning Gundam, seriously, the two protagonist TV Gundams that were roughly released at the same time were horrifyingly different in terms of quality engineering, its almost like the two were from a completely different era of the HG manufacturing history,
& the Dahak, that thing needs to be D.I.Y. panel dissection to get it working well, hell the old cheap non BB Legends SD Brave Battle Warriors seems to have more articulation than that crappy thing or even feels more valuable than it (my local hobby store sells the poor Dahak hilariously super cheap after the otaku staff realizing how bad the thing was made & might be fodder for being a free gift)

also i really love the HG Barbatos, it has something that was almost like lost art in HG, ARTICULATED TIP TOES! , its like RG levels of fun with his feet there.