AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

dodgethis_sg 2008-03-03 07:36

Include a figure of Neena with Drei and I'll buy five boxes. :D

duotiga 2008-03-03 07:39

I am getting the Astrea for the Gn Canon & Gn Proto Sword.....Drei is disappointing.....

Sir Dearka 2008-03-03 09:06

Wow... The Astraea looks just too cool...

But I'm still waiting for Plutone :)

Shiro-Oh! 2008-03-03 09:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by philmein (Post 1436255)
Wow, honestly, instead if milking the Strike series, why doesn't effin' Bandai release other models like, lets say, an MG Nightengale or possibly Gundam X, OR an MG Exia? I like the Strike series, but come on, it's getting redundant.

I want my MG Guntank! XD And since RX-78 2.0 is on the way, why not give the GM a 2.0 treatment as well, eh Bandai? But seriously, they're most likely working on an MG Exia as we speak, so expect to see a prototype mold either this summer or before season two airs. ;)

And, umm... Just an out-of-the-blue question: Are the Striker packs in the FG kits compatible with the HG 1/144 Strike?

duotiga 2008-03-03 09:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Unknown Ace (Post 1436825)

And, umm... Just an out-of-the-blue question: Are the Striker packs in the FG kits compatible with the HG 1/144 Strike?

they are compatible

beamknight87 2008-03-03 11:39

hey, the Astraea looks very cool, more than Exia in my opinion

philmein 2008-03-03 11:48

Quote:

I want my MG Guntank! XD And since RX-78 2.0 is on the way, why not give the GM a 2.0 treatment as well, eh Bandai? But seriously, they're most likely working on an MG Exia as we speak, so expect to see a prototype mold either this summer or before season two airs. ;)

lol, you sure an RX-78 2.0 is coming soon? Is there really a need for one? The OYW version seemed like such a huge improvement over the v. 1 and 1.5 models that a 2.0 doesn't seem necessary.

Shiro-Oh! 2008-03-03 12:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 1436852)
they are compatible

Thanks! =)

Quote:

Originally Posted by philmein (Post 1437050)
lol, you sure an RX-78 2.0 is coming soon? Is there really a need for one? The OYW version seemed like such a huge improvement over the v. 1 and 1.5 models that a 2.0 doesn't seem necessary.

That's what I thought, too. But they did announce it, and someone posted about it several pages back. We've yet to see a proof of it, though.

Derringer 2008-03-03 12:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by philmein (Post 1437050)

The OYW's bottom half still uses the same leg structure that the 1.5 uses. The only thing improved upon was the top half, though barely because of the lack of the core fighter. It's more of a ver 1.75 than a 2.0

Noppapana 2008-03-03 14:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by duckroll (Post 1436658)
That HG Drei looks really ugly. Pretty bad choice of color for the molding. It's probably the worst recent HG I've seen, because most 00 HGs look pretty good. :/

it doenst look uglier then the fat HG Strike Freedom :D

duotiga 2008-03-03 18:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noppapana (Post 1437318)
it doenst look uglier then the fat HG Strike Freedom :D

the head for throne drei makes the oerall kit looks ugly...kinda like too big....

philmein 2008-03-03 19:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Unknown Ace (Post 1437086)
Thanks! =)

That's what I thought, too. But they did announce it, and someone posted about it several pages back. We've yet to see a proof of it, though.

So, here's my game plan: if there's no proof or indication of a version 2.0 within two to three months, then I'll just go ahead and buy the OYW model. Then again, waiting that long is too damn hard. So.....lol.....I can't make any promises. Everytime I look at the model, I just want to instantly buy it 'cause it's so damn beautiful...blah....

beamknight87 2008-03-03 20:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by philmein (Post 1437759)
So, here's my game plan: if there's no proof or indication of a version 2.0 within two to three months, then I'll just go ahead and buy the OYW model. Then again, waiting that long is too damn hard. So.....lol.....I can't make any promises. Everytime I look at the model, I just want to instantly buy it 'cause it's so damn beautiful...blah....

we're the same, in my case for the Exia. Waiting for a MG lol

Shiro-Oh! 2008-03-03 20:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derringer (Post 1437093)
The OYW's bottom half still uses the same leg structure that the 1.5 uses. The only thing improved upon was the top half, though barely because of the lack of the core fighter. It's more of a ver 1.75 than a 2.0

*checks dalong*

You're right. I didn't realized that up until now. I thought the OYW frame was pretty unique and revolutionary... Guess not. :S My demand for a 2.0 is stronger than ever now! I want a complicated frame that can hold a Core Fighter inside!

Quote:

Originally Posted by philmein (Post 1437759)

You can always buy the OYW now, and buy the 2.0 later if it ever comes out. I'm guessing you're bothered by having two kits of the same model?

philmein 2008-03-03 20:55

^
I wouldn't say bothered, more like I'm a guy who is on a super tight budget. Sure if I made bank, I'd definitely buy one now and buy the next version later (should it come out).

Critias 2008-03-03 22:55

Quote:

You should also be aware that the Sword Pack is compatible with the HG Strike if you mod the pack slightly. Instructions for doing so are included though.

jackyng222 2008-03-03 23:01

anyone have some spare parts from the back pack of a Master Grade Wing Zero Custom?

beamknight87 2008-03-03 23:39

lol, just finished separating the pieces of the PG Skygrasper from the runners and packed it in a box along the RX-78-2 OYW. Guess this puny plane will be the last thing I will have the motivation to work on -_-

Fome 2008-03-04 00:10

I have a modeling question. How does one go about panel lining over a painted surface? I usually clean up panel lines by rubbing with tissue or scraping with a toothpick, but if the surface is already painted, wouldn't I destroy the coat of paint?

sword.impulse 2008-03-04 00:56

I usually take two roads. Sometimes if i feel lucky, i still go about the cleaning process as i normally would, but that only works on some colors like gray ( I use gundam markers) or, line the panels, then paint over with marker, but try to avoid the crevice which i just did. If you're lucky, it should pass over without any paint getting in it, and you have a lined panel. Hope that helps.