AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Komataguri 2006-03-09 13:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Marshal_AEB

About the Eureka sure the Transmodels looks better than the modelkits (I saw lot of compairsons before) and I think Ill get some Trans, dude I think you have lot of weird stuff on you're desktop :p

Well I ahvn't painted the Nirvash yet, and I don';t like putting stickerso n the models cause that means I'll never get around to painting it... Just gotta find a new airbrush.. and compressor...and paint..

As for the weird stuff, pft...all you see is a mouse wheel and some clippers [ that I use exclusively for getting model parts released from their runners ]

There is no pic of my bottle of listerine, my breathments, the toothpicks, or any of the REALLY strange shit

The_Marshal_AEB 2006-03-09 13:40

1/144 HG is the best in the CE where everything is released and everything can be customized, about me I have all the SEED and SEED Destiny till the Akatsuki except waltfeld murasame and gaia, and am always working on the MSVs ;) other than that it doesn't take lot of place in the room man :D

this pic for those who want to check where I ended up till now in the diorama
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...0/DSC01605.jpg
not finished yet

Komataguri 2006-03-09 13:44

Quote:

1/144 HG is the best in the CE where everything is released and everything can be customized, about me I have all the SEED and SEED Destiny till the Akatsuki except waltfeld murasame and gaia, and am always working on the MSVs ;) other than that it doesn't take lot of place in the room man :D

this pic for those who want to check where I ended up till now in the diorama
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...0/DSC01605.jpg
not finished yet

If you were really good, you'd rig LEDs in there to make the Sword Strike swords glow :D

Komataguri 2006-03-09 14:10

Ok, took a picture of all my gundam related models.

Spoiler for big pics:

EDIT

Damn, forgot to post my Norris Custom Gouf with gattling cannon action figure [ not a model, but in the proccess of giving it a detail up ] Oh well, I'll get a pic later.

JanthraX^ 2006-03-09 14:39

Nice collection Komataguri! i want a GP-01/Fb, too =[
hard to find one up north uk

The_Marshal_AEB 2006-03-09 14:57

LEDs .... and how in the helll I'll change the battries then ?! and dont u think its tooooo late to say "LEDs lights"? even the modelers with 1/60 scales are having problems with LEDs, the only LEDs I worked on are for R/Cs and thats it :D

Thanks for the info, maybe Ill try it next time ....

Just added the 2nd layer of silicon and applied the dark colors, while created the effects of the foots and strike parts glued togther to kiss joints good bye and treat it as a statue :p

Komataguri 2006-03-09 15:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanthraX^
Nice collection Komataguri! i want a GP-01/Fb, too =[
hard to find one up north uk

I'm not impressed with it.

its very..flimsy.

Takes ALOT of work just to get it to stand, BEcause of the core block system if you pick it up, you more than likely will have half of it slide off and crash to the floor, Joints are really loose, and It seems the GP01/Fb has a long history of having malformed parts.

Luckily for me, the mal-formed parts in my kit were all internal and not viewable, and not structurally critical.

I'd suggest you stay away from it unless you want to spend a buttload of time fixing its problems.

Quote:

LEDs .... and how in the helll I'll change the battries then ?! and dont u think its tooooo late to say "LEDs lights"? even the modelers with 1/60 scales are having problems with LEDs, the only LEDs I worked on are for R/Cs and thats it :D

Thanks for the info, maybe Ill try it next time ....

Just added the 2nd layer of silicon and applied the dark colors, while created the effects of the foots and strike parts glued togther to kiss joints good bye and treat it as a statue :p

Your making a diarama, just run the wires through the model, out the foot, and put the battery in the base of the diarama, with an on/off switch :p

JanthraX^ 2006-03-09 15:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Komataguri
I'm not impressed with it.

its very..flimsy.

Takes ALOT of work just to get it to stand, BEcause of the core block system if you pick it up, you more than likely will have half of it slide off and crash to the floor, Joints are really loose, and It seems the GP01/Fb has a long history of having malformed parts.

the core block system was supposed to save pilots lives not make it fall apart =D,

i have to say that with my Deathscythe, it was flimsy and not very posable so i purachsed a large Airfix stand and glued it up and gave it a sexy pose, its looks better and doesnt fall apart, but i cant play with it =[

Mr_Paper 2006-03-09 16:24

I hate to have to do this, but:
Quote:

2) Image Size:
Put simply; if it will not fit in the window on a 1024x768 screen without causing side scrolling do NOT post in it any form other than a link or thumbnail. In addition to this, exercise some common sense when posting images; not everyone is on the fastest of connections or using the largest of screens (I know my laptop screen's maximum is 1024x768) and loading a page filled with ~/+1mb images is reason enough to bang one's head against the wall endlessly for that is about how long it'll take to load the page.

On top of this, hiding the images inside spoiler boxes does NOT save bandwidth or speedup the loading of a page, the browser still has to download and cache the image even though it is not 'visable.'
Please keep image size in mind people. >.>

The_Marshal_AEB 2006-03-09 17:02

Yes I believe so that images still loading even if its hidden, anyway after we solved the battry problem, can you think of a way to pass the wires from the arms > hands > sword and install a small LED that fits there, I dont think so where end of arms to arms to the sword grip are all soft plastic and not empty from the inside, so to tell you the truth I dont think I can make it and if you have another way to make the wiring so make you're own and show us how its done ...

Komataguri 2006-03-09 18:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
I hate to have to do this, but: Please keep image size in mind people. >.>

All my images combined don't even ammount to half a meg.

Besides, I pay good money for my 10mbit connection, I'm not going to neuter myself because people still use dialup.:eyebrow:

That in mind, I don't consider it neutering when I resaved all my images with higher compression and made them all a fraction of their original size and shape.

Mr_Paper 2006-03-09 18:48

Did you read everything in the quote? You seem to have missed the other point contained within it.
Quote:

Put simply; if it will not fit in the window on a 1024x768 screen without causing side scrolling do NOT post in it any form other than a link or thumbnail.

DarkWarrior 2006-03-09 19:03

I have to agree about the GP-01fb.. simply said, it's a piece of crap compared with the newer MGs that are being released today.

The problem is that it's around 8-9 years old, and quality of the MG line has steadily been improving. It was probably very high quality back in the day, but it really doesn't hold up to today's standards.

I can't really complain though, since I purchased it very cheaply off Amazon when the sale was still going on. But if you're planning on buying it for regular price, reconsider. Unless of course, you really, really like the GP-01. In that case, get the Perfect Grade if you have the money. >_>

Komataguri 2006-03-09 19:15

Quote:

Did you read everything in the quote? You seem to have missed the other point contained within it.

No, it says nothing about not hiding images that are large in diamention in spoilers, and when they are in spoilers they don't require scrolling.

it does say images still download in spoilers, but nothing about not placing large dimention images into spoilers.

besides, not every image in the world looks good at 320x260.

Mr_Paper 2006-03-09 19:42

Sorry, but it stands. In a spoiler tag or not, if the image will result in side scrolling it is to be posted as a link or thumbnail. I'm not telling your to resize you images just post the wider ones as links or thumbnail type links - neither is overtly difficult to do.

Komataguri 2006-03-09 19:52

Quote:

Sorry, but it stands. In a spoiler tag or not, if the image will result in side scrolling it is to be posted as a link or thumbnail. I'm not telling your to resize you images just post the wider ones as links or thumbnail type links - neither is overtly difficult to do.

Then maybe it should be specified in what you quoted, because it states nothing about posting large dimention images in spoilers.

Spoilers make large dimention images fit within the rules, since the thread does not stretch to fit the image unless someone opens the spoiler, and resizes again the second the spoiler is closed.

Hell, i thought that was one of the main reasons for the spoiler tag outside of spoilers themselves.

Its not like it kills anyone to scroll over half an inch to look at an image that they chose to look at inside a spoiler tag. I use 1024 [ only because I have bad eyes ]and I don't care about scrolling.

Don't come cracking down on me for something that isn't stated clearly in your rules. :rolleyes:

Now, you've taken this topic far enough off topic. How about you let it get back on track now?

The_Marshal_AEB 2006-03-10 02:27

Maybe I should say, how about modelers to join this gunpla competition which is about to close entries this month
http://s9.invisionfree.com/Penetrate...p?showforum=68
Fight all the way to the top for a Zv2.0 :D ... meet me there aeb3000 ;)

duotiga 2006-03-10 07:39

HG Murasame boxart is nice

http://www.1999.co.jp/dbimages/user/...g/10047731.jpg

:cool:

The_Marshal_AEB 2006-03-10 10:01

Yes its and I think its everywhere now :D I would realy want to get one along with Waltfeld's... about the box art ! I think they should have pointed the missles the other way and having some explosions behind the murasame while its waiting for its turn (6)

Nesty 2006-03-10 10:45

wow that boxart sure looks prettyh :)