AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

LightningZERO 2010-10-20 03:27

Man, 00Q with Full Saber looks great!

What will be its story? Incomplete due to 00Q being rushed into production to counter the ELS, ala Hi-Nu?

rocawarde 2010-10-20 04:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 3306886)
So the ones we thought of as daggers are actually gunblades. :eek: Which means the GN Sword IV has three individual gunblades that can be use like GN pistols. Need dual-wielding 00Qan[T]....

Wait does it go like this?

1. GN Sword IV Saber mode + GN Gunblade Twin Edge
2. GN Gunblade: Gun and Blade mode
3. Full Saber mode
4. GN Launcher mode
5. GN Sword IV in rifle mode (High Output)
6. GN Sword IV in rifle mode (Wide Cutter)

Now if we put everything together.....

00 Qan[T] Full Saber:
GN Sword V (Buster Rifle; Buster Sword)
GN Sword Bits x6
Bits A - Can be used as long blades
Bits B - Can be used as draggers and connect with Bit A
Bits C - Can be handheld and has a beam saber function.
GN Sword IV (Saber mode/Full Saber Mode; Rifle Mode-High Output/Wide Cutter)
GN Gunblade x3 (two combine into GN Gunblade Twin Edge)

Wow :twitch:

bio9205 2010-10-20 04:23

Okay. That does it. I'm so getting this. Even though I'm not painting it. :D

Sir Dearka 2010-10-20 07:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocawarde (Post 3306956)
Wait does it go like this?

1. GN Sword IV Saber mode + GN Gunblade Twin Edge
2. GN Gunblade: Gun and Blade mode
3. Full Saber mode
4. GN Launcher mode
5. GN Sword IV in rifle mode (High Output)
6. GN Sword IV in rifle mode (Wide Cutter)

Now if we put everything together.....

00 Qan[T] Full Saber:
GN Sword V (Buster Rifle; Buster Sword)
GN Sword Bits x6
Bits A - Can be used as long blades
Bits B - Can be used as draggers and connect with Bit A
Bits C - Can be handheld and has a beam saber function.
GN Sword IV (Saber mode/Full Saber Mode; Rifle Mode-High Output/Wide Cutter)
GN Gunblade x3 (two combine into GN Gunblade Twin Edge)

Wow :twitch:

Is it possible everything ends up in the MG box?

LoweGear 2010-10-20 07:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Dearka (Post 3307090)
Is it possible everything ends up in the MG box?

Given that this is a 00V design whose profile hasn't even been released yet, highly unlikely. And none of the promotional material for the MG 00 Qan[T] show the GN Sword IV as part of its arsenal.

The most likely way the GN Sword IV can get an MG incarnation is with a later release, if they go ahead and do 00V on the MG line.

Ardi220288 2010-10-20 07:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu (Post 3306852)
Maybe the GN Sword IV doesn't suck after all.

This why I totally in love with 00 series arsenal :love:

duotiga 2010-10-20 08:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ardi220288 (Post 3307107)
This why I totally in love with 00 series arsenal :love:

so do i...which is why 00 is the only series i get multiple kit of the kind for HG1/144 kit just to do multiple variants of it :eyespin:

SonicSP 2010-10-20 09:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 3307167)
so do i...which is why 00 is the only series i get multiple kit of the kind for HG1/144 kit just to do multiple variants of it :eyespin:

..........yeah. The designs click with me too. I love more variants of them, even though they're making me waste $$$$$.

I hate it when they release small additions with pre-existing stuff though. Sometimes those are tough decisions. GN Sword III=yes, Large Condenser=no for example.

duotiga 2010-10-20 09:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicSP (Post 3307252)
..........yeah. The designs click with me too. I love more variants of them, even though they're making me waste $$$$$.

I hate it when they release small additions with pre-existing stuff though. Sometimes those are tough decisions. GN Sword III=yes, Large Condenser=no for example.

you know something? i even get another set of hg avalanche exia dash & astrea type f just to kit bash to fix hg avalanche astrea type f dash =x

rocawarde 2010-10-20 13:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arsarcana (Post 3307252)
Since the shots show a mix of 'GN Sword IV + [something]' and 'GN Sword IV Full Saber' I suspect that the base weapon is just called the GN Sword IV and Full Saber is one (or several apparently) of its modes. However, the marketing material for the variation has called the thing the 00Q Full Saber so I'm not positive on that.

As for modes, a whopping eight among all the component parts.

GN Gunblade Blade Mode: One Gunblade acting as a sword.
GN Gunblade Gun Mode: One Gunblade acting as a handgun. I have no clue where the shot is fired from looking at the way it has to be held.
GN Gunblade Twin Edge: Two Gunblades in Blade Mode combined.
GN Sword IV Saber Mode: Basic sword mode.
GN Sword IV Rifle Mode (High Output & Rapid Fire*): Held horizontally, blade folded back a la the Swords I and III.
GN Sword IV Rifle Mode (Wide Cutter): Held horizontally, blade rotated like the Sword II Rifle Mode.
GN Sword IV Full Saber (Full Saber Mode): Saber Mode with the three Gunblades attached, held vertically.
GN Sword IV Full Saber (GN Launcher Mode): The previous mode held horizontally.

Like I said, swiss army weapon.

Its from Mecha talk 2.0, its a description of what each configuration looks like and name.

Nice :D

Araxiel 2010-10-20 14:51

Remind me which publication this GN Sword IV thing is coming with again?

Edit:
No worries.
Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 3302231)
Hobby Japan February 2011 issue, which'll be released this December around Christmas time.

Found it :p

LoweGear 2010-10-21 07:58

Out-of-box straight build review of the HGUC Sinanju by Hacchaka-san Blog

http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/hacchaka/...s.jpg?a34b6675

bio9205 2010-10-21 08:06

Woah.

Are those gold linings stickers, by the way?

EDIT: Read the review. They are. Bummer. Expected, but still...

LoweGear 2010-10-21 08:07

Yes, seeing as it's an OOB build, therefore no painting. The HGUC Sinanju doesn't come with the optional waterslides for the details it seems.

I honestly think that gold stickers themselves look good, if you just remove the black filler. Although I'd personally paint the details myself.

MakubeX2 2010-10-21 08:19

Already posted a review by a Taiwanese who got an early release of the kit 2 pages back, if anyone want a look at the HG Sinanju truly OOB.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 3308519)
Yes, seeing as it's an OOB build, therefore no painting. The HGUC Sinanju doesn't come with the optional waterslides for the details it seems.

Parts are too small for waterslide anyway.

Quote:

I honestly think that gold stickers themselves look good, if you just remove the black filler. Although I'd personally paint the details myself.
I wouldn't advice that unless you have the time and patience.

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/6...7412866422.jpg

See how tiny they are when stacked aganist the bottle and brush ?

LoweGear 2010-10-21 08:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2 (Post 3308527)

Not a problem for us who are used to the tiny details of 1/144 scale kits really. In fact, given how large the Sinanju is those details look to be easy to paint compared to some of the finer details on other HG's like some of the smaller clear parts on the HG 00 kits - Trying to totally paint parts like the 00 Qan[T]'s and the Reborns head is a pain. :eyespin:

Bashfulz 2010-10-21 10:50

Quote:

anybody knows what thinner to use for the gold paint? i bought it and it doesnt seem to work with my usual thinner. ;(

justsomeguy 2010-10-21 11:56

Quote:

I wouldn't advice that unless you have the time and patience.

It shouldn't be too bad, since when I get this I will paint while the pieces are still on the sprue. Alternating between gold enamel and black acrylic, and the fact that while ethanol is strong enough to dissolve both paints, isopropyl alcohol is much weaker against enamel should allow me to clean this up without too much trouble.

bio9205 2010-10-21 21:51

Please do not quote the entire picture, guys.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 3308540)
Not a problem for us who are used to the tiny details of 1/144 scale kits really. In fact, given how large the Sinanju is those details look to be easy to paint compared to some of the finer details on other HG's like some of the smaller clear parts on the HG 00 kits - Trying to totally paint parts like the 00 Qan[T]'s and the Reborns head is a pain. :eyespin:

Yeah. I just realized HG 00Q's eyes are transparent. :twitch: These kits are getting more and more detailed. I would paint the eyes, but seeing how I just 'paint' my kits with markers and only basic panel-lining, I doubt I'd be able to get the shiny effect the sticker gives. :p

GN0010 Nosferatu 2010-10-22 05:02

Sexy mamajamma: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_UVRoF5dMi7...Yw/s1600/3.jpg