AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Providenceangle 2013-07-29 16:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4775225)
:rolleyes:

Don’t you understand marketing? If the one getting the Blu-ray is Wing TV series, then the logical thing to do for Bandai is to make the kits for the rest of the TV Gundams & other TV MSs to help promote the Blu-ray and vice-versa. Why would they want to make EW kits which is unrelated to the Wing TV release? They can save that for when Endless Waltz got released in Remastered Blu-ray. They did the same with SEED & Destiny Remaster. They didn’t release Destiny’s RGs when they still promoting SEED Remaster.

Mine can hold it pretty damn well with no glue or any other assistance. Just try not to be lazy and fiddle with the kit a little.
http://forums.animesuki.com/picture....ictureid=44506
Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

They have a gold mine, but lack the understanding of how to run it properly. Otherwise Gundam would be far more successful then it is. It would be on tv stations world wide, playing all the time, making tons of money. Local stores to buy gunpla. Like back in the 90-00s.

Yeah Strike RM has ruined me... I went ahead and ordered Aegis, Buster, Blitz, Destiny... I have to wait for Duel to come back in stock. Not that I like it that much. I wouldn't even put the armor on it.

suiton629 2013-07-29 17:00

Still doesn't help the fact that:

a. it uses the older style hands
b. the kit is over 9 years old
c. the backpack's ratcheted joint is likely to wear out easily and then the wings won't hold up
d. the kit lacks the inner frame and has what you could barely call an inner frame

Providenceangle 2013-07-29 17:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4775238)
Still doesn't help the fact that:

a. it uses the older style hands
b. the kit is over 9 years old
c. the backpack's ratcheted joint is likely to wear out easily and then the wings won't hold up
d. the kit lacks the inner frame and has what you could barely call an inner frame

It's cool to get re-releases. Without a doubt. You have to see it how they do. They can sell the old kit, people buy it. Why change it? As for the nitpick about the backpack. Use some CA glue. Loose parts will happen no matter what! Even if you glue the pollycaps, paint the kit... It's always gonna get loose. heh

StrikeFreedomV2 2013-07-29 17:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4775238)
Still doesn't help the fact that:


c. the backpack's ratcheted joint is likely to wear out easily and then the wings won't hold up

My Wing Ver.ka is about 4 years old now, and the Wings and the backpack are as solid as ever. The Wings are properly one the sturdiest and most solid ones Bandai has released so far. And that was 9 years ago

suiton629 2013-07-29 17:11

So you're saying that if Bandai does a Wing EW RM Ver. and a Wing Zero EW RM Ver that you wouldn't want it?

And isn't it like the minimal number of years til Bandai does a revamp like 9+ years? It has been that long, Wing is making a come back in many aspects... I think now is a good time. They could release it along with the Nataku, Sandrock Kai EW, Heavyarms Kai EW, and Tallgeese III.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2013-07-29 17:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4775238)
a. it uses the older style hands
b. the kit is over 9 years old
c. the backpack's ratcheted joint is likely to wear out easily and then the wings won't hold up
d. the kit lacks the inner frame and has what you could barely call an inner frame

Reason A,B, and D are just some whining from lazy people, not real problems. The kits still functioning very well and solid with great articulation despite that. Reason C have no relation with Wing EW as it has pretty solid backpack. Even for Wing Zero, it wonít be a problem as long as you be gentle with your kit (like mine) and not play it roughly. Kits are not children's toys.

Providenceangle 2013-07-29 17:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4775255)
Reason A,B, and D are just some whining from lazy people, not real problems. The kits still functioning very well and solid with great articulation despite that. Reason C have no relation with Wing EW as it has pretty solid backpack. Even for Wing Zero, it wonít be a problem as long as you be gentle with your kit (like mine) and not play it roughly. Kits are not children's toys.

But I like playing with my kits! Pew pew! lol

Bonta Kun 2013-07-29 17:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4775251)
So you're saying that if Bandai does a Wing EW RM Ver. and a Wing Zero EW RM Ver that you wouldn't want it?

And isn't it like the minimal number of years til Bandai does a revamp like 9+ years? It has been that long, Wing is making a come back in many aspects... I think now is a good time. They could release it along with the Nataku, Sandrock Kai EW, Heavyarms Kai EW, and Tallgeese III.

No one is saying they wouldn't want a new shiny toy(who doesn't in this regard) they are just saying there aren't any real big problems with what we have already, problems yes but nothing a good gunpla enthusiast couldn't handle or deal with.

In another 10 years I'm sure you'll be saying the say things about todays current models as you are about yesteryears models.
You should really just kinda give it a rest already, we all want new and better kits it's kind of a prerequisite for anyone in the hobby but we just don't need to say it out all the time.

Btw btween the 2 GP01 kits which is everyone's preferred model?

suiton629 2013-07-29 17:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonta Kun (Post 4775260)
No one is saying they wouldn't want a new shiny toy(who doesn't in this regard) they are just saying there aren't any real big problems with what we have already, problems yes but nothing a good gunpla enthusiast couldn't handle or deal with.

In another 10 years I'm sure you'll be saying the say things about todays current models as you are about yesteryears models.
You should really just kinda give it a rest already, we all want new and better kits it's kind of a prerequisite for anyone in the hobby but we just don't need to say it out all the time.

Btw btween the 2 GP01 kits which is everyone's preferred model?

I think that question is split between people.
I think that's why a lot of retailers are offering a deal these days where you can buy both releases at a slightly discounted rate.

Providenceangle 2013-07-29 17:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonta Kun (Post 4775260)
Between the 2 GP01 kits which is everyone's preferred model?

I like the regular. I'll get both kits though. Even if I don't fancy the FB, it's another GP01! lol

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2013-07-29 17:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Providenceangle (Post 4775258)
But I like playing with my kits! Pew pew! lol

Like I said, playing it gently, not playing it roughly like kids playing with their G.I. Joes :p.

Providenceangle 2013-07-29 17:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4775267)
Like I said, playing it gently, not playing it roughly like kids playing with their G.I. Joes :p.

MAN! I miss G.I. Joe so much...

Honestly I'm hating the MG Wing gundam more and more... I'm doing the shoulder mod to get it, to look like the HG. This thing is super flimsy. I never even did any posing. And modding the chest and head for leds, shouldn't have caused this much loosey goosiness...

Bonta Kun 2013-07-29 17:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Providenceangle (Post 4775262)
I like the regular. I'll get both kits though. Even if I don't fancy the FB, it's another GP01! lol

I like the Zephyranthes more but the FB has got the better legs imo.
Not too fond of the boosters on the FB tho but it's abit of a unique look also.

Guess the question is "where is ma Physalis?!":D

Altho would still be nice to get some grunt RGS.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2013-07-29 18:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonta Kun (Post 4775292)
Guess the question is "where is ma Physalis?!":D

I heard itís coming soon. IIRC RG GP02 even gets more priority than RG GP03.

Providenceangle 2013-07-29 18:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonta Kun (Post 4775292)
I like the Zephyranthes more but the FB has got the better legs imo.
Not too fond of the boosters on the FB tho but it's abit of a unique look also.

Guess the question is "where is ma Physalis?!":D

Altho would still be nice to get some grunt RGS.

See if you can do a kit bash. You might be able to combine the lower waist with the upper torso. It'll be costly but, you get exactly what you want. Being a RG, it'll look good without any crazy mods too!


Poor Wing... Getting hacked up more:

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

panzerfan 2013-07-30 00:50

Question. How should I go about to mash the Ver.Ka Nu with Hi-Nu? I want to somehow make a backpack for the Ver.Ka Nu so that the backpack would resemble the Hi-Nu, but just drilling two holes on the side of the backpack and squeeze the binders... and there's also the two fuel tanks to be mounted too.

Should I somehow scratch build the whole backpack?

edit: Just how do I get a hold of the Evolve version of Hi-Nu... that TT Hongli knockoff is $70USD if I were to get it, not worth the price...

Skye629 2013-07-30 02:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4775267)
Like I said, playing it gently, not playing it roughly like kids playing with their G.I. Joes :p.

IMO if you want to play with your kits HGs are the way to go, I relegate MGs to solely display duty :P

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4775261)
I think that question is split between people.
I think that's why a lot of retailers are offering a deal these days where you can buy both releases at a slightly discounted rate.

Thats great for me XD Im only getting one

@earlier question: I prefer the Zephyranthes, thats y Im getting the RG FB and hold out praying for a MG 2.0/3.0/whatever update they make Zephyranthes

@Suiton: We are 100% NOT going to see a Wing EW remake anytime soon, Bandai already repackaged and resold it only about 1-2 years ago, which would have been pointless and a waste of money if they WERE planning a new version of it any time soon. As they went ahead with a simple repackage they obviously had no plans for a new one at the time being for the near future.

We MIGHT though see a new Wing Zero EW MG soon with the progression of the GotL manga, when Heero acquires and pimps it out. This haves a much better chance

Providenceangle 2013-07-30 05:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by panzerfan (Post 4775647)
Question. How should I go about to mash the Ver.Ka Nu with Hi-Nu? I want to somehow make a backpack for the Ver.Ka Nu so that the backpack would resemble the Hi-Nu, but just drilling two holes on the side of the backpack and squeeze the binders... and there's also the two fuel tanks to be mounted too.

Should I somehow scratch build the whole backpack?

edit: Just how do I get a hold of the Evolve version of Hi-Nu... that TT Hongli knockoff is $70USD if I were to get it, not worth the price...

You probably will have to scratch build the pack out of styrene. I thought about doing something similar but, the ver ka is crazy expensive. Maybe someone has their build on a forum? I've seen that conversion use the Hi Nu backpack... But buying the mg Hi Nu just for that, is insane.

Yep. Lots of people did the Hi Nu backpack swap: http://gundamguy.blogspot.ca/2013/04...tom-build.html It's insane to pay 150 dollars with paint though...

panzerfan 2013-07-30 05:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Providenceangle (Post 4775817)
You probably will have to scratch build the pack out of styrene. I thought about doing something similar but, the ver ka is crazy expensive. Maybe someone has their build on a forum? I've seen that conversion use the Hi Nu backpack... But buying the mg Hi Nu just for that, is insane.

Yep. Lots of people did the Hi Nu backpack swap: http://gundamguy.blogspot.ca/2013/04...tom-build.html It's insane to pay 150 dollars with paint though...

That's the thing. It's just... I already had to pay about a hundred bucks for my Ver.Ka, and I am not sure if I want to cut up the Hi-Nu.

The main problem that I have is that Hi-Nu does not have a backpack, as the propellent tanks and the binders are attached to the back of the torso! If I were to go the kitbashing route, I will need to destroy the back of the Hi-Nu.

If I modify Ver.Ka's backpack though, I have one problem, and that's the issue of articulation. I don't know how to retain the ability to swing the binders left and right as you could with Hi-Nu. I need something very sturdy, such as the Wing Gundam's wing backpack joints to be fixed on the backpack somehow... I don't know how I can fashion strong of a joint through scratch building, especially if I have to let it swivel.

(Or maybe I should just stick to painting the Ver.Ka Nu in Lavender like how Hi-Nu looked like...

Providenceangle 2013-07-30 06:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by panzerfan (Post 4775831)
That's the thing. It's just... I already had to pay about a hundred bucks for my Ver.Ka, and I am not sure if I want to cut up the Hi-Nu.

The main problem that I have is that Hi-Nu does not have a backpack, as the propellent tanks and the binders are attached to the back of the torso! If I were to go the kitbashing route, I will need to destroy the back of the Hi-Nu.

If I modify Ver.Ka's backpack though, I have one problem, and that's the issue of articulation. I don't know how to retain the ability to swing the binders left and right as you could with Hi-Nu. I need something very sturdy, such as the Wing Gundam's wing backpack joints to be fixed on the backpack somehow... I don't know how I can fashion strong of a joint through scratch building, especially if I have to let it swivel.

(Or maybe I should just stick to painting the Ver.Ka Nu in Lavender like how Hi-Nu looked like...

If you need more strength, use epoxy putty. It will hold a bomb together... I use a cheap two part putty, I bought online. I paid $30USD with shipping for 4..LBS! lol If you plate, stagger the plates, putty over it, sand it back. You will get the strength, plus the smooth surface(after sanding).

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2013-07-30 06:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by panzerfan (Post 4775831)
That's the thing. It's just... I already had to pay about a hundred bucks for my Ver.Ka, and I am not sure if I want to cut up the Hi-Nu.

The main problem that I have is that Hi-Nu does not have a backpack, as the propellent tanks and the binders are attached to the back of the torso! If I were to go the kitbashing route, I will need to destroy the back of the Hi-Nu.

I at least can offer you an alternative in price. TT Hongliís MG Hi-Nu knockoff (named Hi-Nu Fighter) has a pretty good back-pack that has 75-90% quality of the original Bandai version. So, you can buy TT Hongliís Hi-Nu (with half the price of the original) and use its backpack as kitbash material. Better yet, you can look for a used TT Hongli Hi-Nu (in good condition) to get even cheaper price. Surely a used item wonít be that much of a problem since youíre gonna ďdestroyĒ it anyway.

Providenceangle 2013-07-30 06:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4775863)
I at least can offer you an alternative in price. TT Hongli’s MG Hi-Nu knockoff (named Hi-Nu Fighter) has a pretty good back-pack that has 75-90% quality of the original Bandai version. So, you can buy TT Hongli’s Hi-Nu (with half the price of the original) and use its backpack as kitbash material. Better yet, you can look for a used TT Hongli Hi-Nu (in good condition) to get even cheaper price. Surely a used item won’t be that much of a problem since you’re gonna “destroy” it anyway.

That's actually not a bad idea.

You can scratch build without any problems but, you'll need tools and patience. I do my mods and scratch building for cheap but, the tools and materials I've bought over the last while... It's well worth it though.

I totally get how you feel about it though. I prefer the Hi Nu backpack for days. It's so much more interesting. Of course the other issue will be weight. The Hi Nu funnels and thruster assembly, is so far out. I can't see how it could pose without a action base.

A tip for people... Don't try to plastic cement two different plastics when one has an odd pigment. They won't bond properly lol

Left it overnight to dry, thinking it would be good. When I tried to spin the shoulder it broke.

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w...pse5890399.jpg

Now to the epoxy putty:

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w...ps0c1e56ae.jpg

panzerfan 2013-07-30 07:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4775863)
I at least can offer you an alternative in price. TT Hongli’s MG Hi-Nu knockoff (named Hi-Nu Fighter) has a pretty good back-pack that has 75-90% quality of the original Bandai version. So, you can buy TT Hongli’s Hi-Nu (with half the price of the original) and use its backpack as kitbash material. Better yet, you can look for a used TT Hongli Hi-Nu (in good condition) to get even cheaper price. Surely a used item won’t be that much of a problem since you’re gonna “destroy” it anyway.

I know about that one!

The TT Hongli MG version is not a clone of the Bandai Hi-Nu. It's made from resin conversion of Evolve design for the gundam! I saw the price that it goes for on Taobao and stuff, but the price I saw on ebay was basically $70 to get it to Canada (I can get the Bandai Hi-nu for $100).
(I really like the design btw...)

duotiga 2013-07-30 07:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 4775148)
What base is that? And where to get? How much?


the base is call damashii stage 5 clear ver . is actually for damshii figurines
now this stand is pretty rare

Providenceangle 2013-07-30 07:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by panzerfan (Post 4775901)
I know about that one!

The TT Hongli MG version is not a clone of the Bandai Hi-Nu. It's made from resin conversion of Evolve design for the gundam! I saw the price that it goes for on Taobao and stuff, but the price I saw on ebay was basically $70 to get it to Canada (I can get the Bandai Hi-nu for $100).
(I really like the design btw...)

Ouch... Yeah, being in Canada gets you a shaft...You pay a ton, then pay duty, then wait forever...

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2013-07-30 08:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by panzerfan (Post 4775901)
I know about that one!

The TT Hongli MG version is not a clone of the Bandai Hi-Nu. It's made from resin conversion of Evolve design for the gundam! I saw the price that it goes for on Taobao and stuff, but the price I saw on ebay was basically $70 to get it to Canada (I can get the Bandai Hi-nu for $100).
(I really like the design btw...)

Are you sure you’re not confusing Hi-Nu EVO with Hi-Nu Fighter?

Let me clarify, Hi-Nu EVO is the massive & more expensive resin-conversion one (see below),
Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)
While Hi-Nu Fighter is the clone of Bandai’s Hi-Nu Gundam with half the price (see below).
Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

Providenceangle 2013-07-30 08:29

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GOGO-TT-MG-1...item20d58adeaa

Is this the one you were looking at for 70 dollars shipped?

panzerfan 2013-07-30 09:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4775983)
Are you sure you’re not confusing Hi-Nu EVO with Hi-Nu Fighter?

Let me clarify, Hi-Nu EVO is the massive & more expensive resin-conversion one (see below),
Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread) While Hi-Nu Fighter is the clone of Bandai’s Hi-Nu Gundam with half the price (see below).
Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Providenceangle (Post 4775987)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/GOGO-TT-MG-1...item20d58adeaa

Is this the one you were looking at for 70 dollars shipped?

That's it! Hi-Nu EVO's the one.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2013-07-30 09:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by panzerfan (Post 4776055)
That's it! Hi-Nu EVO's the one.

Now you know that the Hi-Nu Fighter that I recommended (for kitbash) is the cheaper one. Itís up to you to buy which one (for kitbash).

Providenceangle 2013-07-30 09:32

I've been looking for the hi nu fighter... I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2013-07-30 09:39

Here in my country, local sellers selling Gunpla knockoffs like selling peanuts. Itís cheap and easy to find :heh:. Anyway, have you tried searching in online-stores based in Hong-Kong?

Providenceangle 2013-07-30 09:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4776074)
Here in my country, local sellers selling Gunpla knockoffs like selling peanuts. Itís cheap and easy to find :heh:. Anyway, have you tried searching in online-stores based in Hong-Kong?

I don't know if I can trust those sites is all. I found one place I can order from. They don't have the hi nu fighter though.

Wing is coming along nicely.

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w...psccfec27c.jpg

panzerfan 2013-07-30 10:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4776061)
Now you know that the Hi-Nu Fighter that I recommended (for kitbash) is the cheaper one. It’s up to you to buy which one (for kitbash).

The online site is telling me to cough up $50 for the fighter. Jeez... (the shipping is nasty ><)
EDIT: the price for HK/PRC modelers are damn attractive though... I mean $20-30 and you get this knock off without a need to go resin.

Providenceangle 2013-07-30 10:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by panzerfan (Post 4776112)
The online site is telling me to cough up $50 for the fighter. Jeez... (the shipping is nasty ><)
EDIT: the price for HK/PRC modelers are damn attractive though... I mean $20-30 and you get this knock off without a need to go resin.

Just remember it's not all roses. The plastic isn't as good(it's still good though), it's not an official release, shipping is a pain in the ass, it can be hard to find them.

If you're willing to deal with all the negatives, then sure it's a good deal. I say get the official release too though. That's what I intend to do anyway.

panzerfan 2013-07-30 11:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Providenceangle (Post 4776127)
Just remember it's not all roses. The plastic isn't as good(it's still good though), it's not an official release, shipping is a pain in the ass, it can be hard to find them.

If you're willing to deal with all the negatives, then sure it's a good deal. I say get the official release too though. That's what I intend to do anyway.

I actually do have the Bandai Hi-nu kit... I wasn't thinking of kitbashing at first, but I just had the "jeez, the Ver.Ka Nu looks much better than the frame of the Hi-Nu..."

It made me want to get the two together somehow!

EDIT: I was originally thinking to put the Ver.Ka Nu in double fin funnel config and have the Hi Nu painted in lavender like the original design.

Providenceangle 2013-07-30 11:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by panzerfan (Post 4776151)
I actually do have the Bandai Hi-nu kit... I wasn't thinking of kitbashing, but I just had the "jeez, the Ver.Ka Nu looks much better than the frame of the Hi-Nu..."

It made me want to get the two together somehow!

EDIT: I was originally thinking to put the Ver.Ka Nu in double fin funnel config and have the Hi Nu painted in lavender like the original design.

I didn't mean to single you out. I know already you bought both kits, you're trying to achieve a look without sacrificing your kit, and you only want a cheap alternative. I'm simply saying in a general fashion. Unfortunately, there are those people who, don't support official releases. I don't like some of bandai's choices/prices but, I pay to get what I want. :D

panzerfan 2013-07-30 11:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Providenceangle (Post 4776161)
I didn't mean to single you out. I know already you bought both kits, you're trying to achieve a look without sacrificing your kit, and you only want a cheap alternative. I'm simply saying in a general fashion. Unfortunately, there are those people who, don't support official releases. I don't like some of bandai's choices/prices but, I pay to get what I want. :D

Exactly! I need a part donator kit that will let me build that backpack somehow! The Ver.Ka Hi nu frame is superior after all.

Spoiler for large image of the Hi-Nu ver. Ka:

Providenceangle 2013-07-30 11:43

It looks great. Do whatever gets the job done in the end. I'd love to do the mod, I just can't really see myself changing a 80+ dollar kit... lol

suiton629 2013-07-30 14:06

So as you all know, the MG Age-1 Normal Unit 2 is coming as an online exclusive.
Is anyone getting it and how come the Assault Jacket isn't being made for it?

Providenceangle 2013-07-30 14:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4776350)
So as you all know, the MG Age-1 Normal Unit 2 is coming as an online exclusive.
Is anyone getting it and how come the Assault Jacket isn't being made for it?

My thoughts are that, it's simply a recolour. That's why it's not getting anything new. Just recolour it and put it out as, an online exclusive to make some added cash.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:55.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.