AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Manga (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Valkyria Chronicles Manga Discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=75141)

Arturro 2010-10-04 04:59

Is anyone translating this manga now? I've found 4 chapters translated by Arienai! and two by PewPewScans. Second group is inactive, first doesn't even have Valkiria on their project list.

Runty 2010-10-22 12:37

Another part of the VC2 manga just surfaced.

Spoiler for Chapter 5:
Really, we need someone to translate these chapters and tell us what's going on.

Runty 2010-11-26 11:09

Chapter 6 of the VC2 manga has just surfaced online.

Spoiler for Chapter 6:
Does ANYONE plan to translate this stuff?

Owlette 2010-11-28 23:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arturro (Post 3279399)
Is anyone translating this manga now? I've found 4 chapters translated by Arienai! and two by PewPewScans. Second group is inactive, first doesn't even have Valkiria on their project list.

Hmm... Maybe one of my friends will do the translation but I don't know if he want to. It won't hurt to ask him anyway. Also, one of my family members does know Japanese language. But still, I need to know how many pages for VC1 and VC: Wish Your Smile mangas. I hope it is not over 300 pages... Because they usually can do less than 200 pages to translate it.

(UPDATED: I'm sorry, fans... :( One said he didn't want to, and the another one that I still haven't get a message from him yet. So it is a no for now. I hope anybody can find a translator for those mangas as soon as possible.)

Runty 2010-11-30 01:26

Something we really need for now is for someone to scan the chapters that are available in case some people can't view them in their present format. Presently, my browser seems to be having a problem of some sort and now I can't view the manga at all. Probably an Adobe Flash glitch or something.

Runty 2011-01-03 11:58

Strange, there was no manga update on famitsu for the VC2 manga in December. Can anyone figure out why that might be? It may have something to do with a bit at the end of Chapter 6, but you know me; I can't read Japanese.

Also, we could still use more detailed descriptions of each chapter; I might've given a few, but they're pretty generic and without good details.

Runty 2011-01-25 21:51

Here's a strange bit. I think they're planning to release a group of VC2-related mangas over the next week, though I'm not sure since I can't read Japanese. Here's a link:

http://portal.valkyria.jp/books/comicfair_1101.shtml

If anyone could tell me what this is about, that'd be great.

Runty 2011-01-31 02:34

Ooh, famitsu finally released the seventh chapter to the VC2 manga.

Spoiler for Chapter 7:
Really, why has no one answered my request for some translations?

Owlette 2011-01-31 14:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Runty (Post 3464400)

[...]

Really, why has no one answered my request for some translations?

Hi there. I just searched in a few pages back here but I don't find any forum or something. Where did you post your request at? I want to take a look, please.

Runty 2011-01-31 16:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Owlette (Post 3465038)
Hi there. I just searched in a few pages back here but I don't find any forum or something. Where did you post your request at? I want to take a look, please.

Maybe I shouldn't have said "request". I asked here a few times if someone would be willing to translate what's going on in each chapter.

Owlette 2011-01-31 16:21

Ah, all right. There are some forums (or websites) for translators. I'll try to remember where they are. Maybe they are willing to do the translation but it is worth try.

Mikachiru 2011-02-02 16:03

I like how Zeri is pretty much the main character. The Zeri/Juliana ship teases help too. XD

Wish there was more Franca and Nichol teases... :(

Also:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Runty (Post 3464400)

Link please? XD

Runty 2011-02-02 17:44

Crap, I can't find the link anymore. The chapter is probably still there, but the link I usually go to to reach it has been altered; only the first chapter is accessible right now. My guess is they're not giving us a free ride on the chapters anymore, and are saying "PAY UP!".

I tried using the links from the previous chapters to find the seventh one, but part of the link to the seventh one is encrypted, and I don't know the code.

I primarily went here to see the chapters: http://www.famitsu.com/air_raid/val2/

Unfortunately, they seem to not be letting us past Chapter 1 anymore, probably due to some new manga law bullshit.

K'Arthur 2011-03-20 21:27

Thanks for all the links to the VC2 manga. I had no idea there was one and I'm pretty impressed with the artwork so far. Any idea how many volumes they intend to make?

Runty 2011-04-22 02:58

Chapter 9 of the VC2 manga just uploaded.

EDIT: Still can't read Japanese, but here's the gist of what I saw.
Spoiler for Chapter 9:

Runty 2011-05-26 23:31

Chapter 10 of the VC2 manga just came out.

Spoiler for Chapter 10:
Someone PLEASE summarize it better!

KiraYamatoFan 2011-05-27 00:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Runty (Post 3627684)
Spoiler for Chapter 10:

If that's the case, is death penalty in times of war still applied for traitors even if they are students? :confused:

Runty 2011-05-27 01:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan (Post 3627710)
If that's the case, is death penalty in times of war still applied for traitors even if they are students? :confused:

I'll guess so. What I meant was something like join the Rebels.

Runty 2011-06-27 01:52

Chapter 11 of the manga came up.

Spoiler for Chapter 11:

Runty 2011-07-22 16:15

Chapter 12 of the VC2 manga just came up.

Argh, I don't even know what just happened...