AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Kuroi Hadou 2011-03-13 22:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 3530606)
Bandai has this trend of making the switches self-contained within the light units though, which is true of the 1/100 00 Gundam (and the other 1/100 00 S2 mechs), the PG 00 Raiser (where the GN Drive is activated by pressing on it) and the MG Exia, MG GN-X and MG 00 Qan[T] (where the light is activated before inserting the GN Drive into the body). The fact that the PG and the significantly less advanced 1/100 have self-contained switches for the GN Drives would make the MG having a separate, external switch strange.

The thing is, when I take a closer look at them they really don't look like clamps; they look like switches.

LoweGear 2011-03-13 22:43

Mere appearances don't amount for much of anything though, especially since many designs have functions not reflected in their design at first glance - if you showed a person the PG 00 Raiser GN Drive or the Exia/GN-X/00Q GN Drive and asked him how it's activated, he wouldn't know how to open them due to lack of a visible switch. And for the 1/100, the switch is visible, but it's integrated into the GN Drive itself, and not on another location.

There's also the fact that Bandai has had experience with locking mechanisms on their mechs for a while now starting with the PG Zeta Gundam, and the HGUC Kshatriya being a most recent example. And said locking mechanisms are the ones that are visible externally. while Bandai has kept light switches on mechs highly inconspicious.

Kuroi Hadou 2011-03-13 22:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 3530651)
Mere appearances don't amount for much of anything though, especially since many designs have functions not reflected in their design at first glance - if you showed a person the PG 00 Raiser GN Drive and asked him how it's activated, he wouldn't know how to open it due to lack of a visible switch.

There's also the fact that Bandai has had experience with locking mechanisms on their mechs for a while now starting with the PG Zeta Gundam, and the HGUC Kshatriya being a most recent example. And said locking mechanisms are the ones that are visible externally.

I know; I'm just going by design. Whatever they are, the fact that Bandai made them really obvious is suspicious though; don't you think?

SonicSP 2011-03-14 01:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 3530512)

Are those locks on the MG 00 Gundam's GN Drive mounts?

Early indications would seem to suggest so but I guess its not a confirmation till we see it in action.

I am happy to see something being attached though that may possibly try to resolve the weight issue. It also makes the model aesthetically nicer in my opinion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou (Post 3530526)
It certainly looks like it. It does not bode well for the model's ability to carry the 0 Raiser's binders without issues. :(

On the other hand, it could be a switch for the LEDs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou (Post 3530653)
I know; I'm just going by design. Whatever they are, the fact that Bandai made them really obvious is suspicious though; don't you think?

It gives me a bit more confidence on the model, at least in these early pre-release stages. 00 Raiser as a design is bound to be cursed with the weight issues at this scale so for them to be quite obvious would be quite helpful, since its an issue most are aware of.

Of course, I'm just hoping that it can just hold the 0 Raiser properly.

And with this line of discussion my prior HG00Q query is buried...............T___T

MakubeX2 2011-03-14 07:17

Speaking of the MG OO....

I'll be very surprise if the kit is released on scheduel, going by the current state Japan is in.

CsrFSeiei 2011-03-14 10:38

Hi :)! I made a progress on my 00 Qan[T]

The leg
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-3...0/P3020172.JPG

Foil sticker inside of the clear part
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-G...0/P3060191.JPG

With the clear part
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-U...0/P3060192.JPG

Waist
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-n...0/P3070200.JPG

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-N...0/P3070199.JPG

Chest

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-J...0/P3070205.JPG

GN Drive
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-s...0/P3070201.JPG

Innerframe untill now
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-n...0/P3070207.JPG

Difference between primed pieces and not primed pieces
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-o...0/P3070196.JPG
Well that's my progress so far!. Sorry about the small pictures, is that I have an original but it would be too big for the forum. The real-size images can be seen in my blog Eiko's Gunpla,along with more pictures. Just click in the pictures in my blog and then you will see them in real size and better quality also.

SonicSP 2011-03-14 12:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2 (Post 3530986)
Speaking of the MG OO....

I'll be very surprise if the kit is released on scheduel, going by the current state Japan is in.

Oh ya, I guess it would have been affected. Things are pretty bad there at the moment.

Critias 2011-03-14 19:13

I want to say those are some sort of locking mechanism on the MG 00. I've been staring at the thing and I noticed (and this could just me and I may be hallucinating by this point) that the right shoulder "lock" is all the way down, and so is the right shoulder GN Drive mount. On the left shoulder, the "lock" is slightly raised, and it looks like so is the left GN Drive mount. If you picture a parallel line along each mount piece and lock piece, the left is a straighter line than the right.

And now I'm gonna go lay down.

MoonLightShadows 2011-03-15 20:10

rrobbert184 has a video of his thoughts on the MG 00 Raiser. If you look under its binders you get an impression of maybe two locking mechanisms. One could be hidden underneath (about 1:29 in) to hold the 0 Raisers wings like Kshatriya's. The second lock the one, We see untop could be used to put the flat piece in place the GN Drive hooks onto for better support. :heh:

Spoiler for :

SonicSP 2011-03-15 22:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by CsrFSeiei (Post 3531125)
Hi :)! I made a progress on my 00 Qan[T]

Well that's my progress so far!. Sorry about the small pictures, is that I have an original but it would be too big for the forum. The real-size images can be seen in my blog Eiko's Gunpla,along with more pictures. Just click in the pictures in my blog and then you will see them in real size and better quality also.

Prime is one thing I havent tried extensively before, how exactly do you prime anyways?

I tried it once with my HG Astraea F that I wanted to make into a normal Astraea, however it turned out horribly. not because of the prime mine you, I had other unfortunates that happened but it affected the final result nonetheless. I'm still not sure quite how you put primer, do you brush it off or airbrush it?

JC... 2011-03-16 01:59

You can spray it on with a can.

Deathalo 2011-03-18 13:36

Hey all, if you want $15 or $10 off at gundamstoreandmore.com use the codes 15off and 10off respectively. I just bought Qubeley MK. II MG and used the 15off one, go save! :D

Edited: $15 not 15% :P

Appel 2011-03-18 14:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deathalo (Post 3536302)
Hey all, if you want 15% or 10% off at gundamstoreandmore.com use the codes 15off and 10off respectively. I just bought Qubeley MK. II MG and used the 15off one, go save! :D

cool! just too bad that they only ship to the USA and canada :T

CsrFSeiei 2011-03-18 17:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicSP (Post 3533209)
Prime is one thing I havent tried extensively before, how exactly do you prime anyways?

I tried it once with my HG Astraea F that I wanted to make into a normal Astraea, however it turned out horribly. not because of the prime mine you, I had other unfortunates that happened but it affected the final result nonetheless. I'm still not sure quite how you put primer, do you brush it off or airbrush it?

Yes for primer i just use tamiya primer can :)! i just recently bought a Mr. Surfacer that i imported overseas but here iN Peru i can find tamiya primer for less :)!

Asunaki 2011-03-19 11:27

Is there anybody who has pictures of the runners for Shenlong?
Anything indicating a possible release for Nataku? (A bit like for Deathscythe)

LoweGear 2011-03-19 11:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asunaki (Post 3537437)
Is there anybody who has pictures of the runners for Shenlong?
Anything indicating a possible release for Nataku? (A bit like for Deathscythe)

Dalong.net: MG Shenlong Gundam Manual and Runners

Even at first glance, it's quite clear that the runners are designed to accomodate more parts in the future, likely for an MG Nataku release.

Appel 2011-03-19 12:29

i agree. there is more than enough room for the extra parts and the rest can be packed on a few extra runners, just like they did it with the deathscythe and the deathscythe hell. from that point of view this is a very easy way for bandai to make a lot of money very easily. im not surprised that they are so crazy about wing anymore :P

on a different note, i REALLY hope we get a MG unicorn banshee^^ and if we do i hope we get it sooner than later! =D its the same as the unicorn unit 1 except for a few VERY minor changes, so that would be no problem at all! i really want that one next to my unicorn! a banshee has been among my most wanted kits for a long time

CsrFSeiei 2011-03-19 16:58

I would like a MG Unicorn Full Armor mode:) with green innerframe!

Appel 2011-03-19 17:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by CsrFSeiei (Post 3537782)
I would like a MG Unicorn Full Armor mode:) with green innerframe!

the full armor unicorn would be awesome, too and since bandai would just have to add stuff instead of changing the kit (the runners for the gatlings are available already, you can order them with the new issue of gundam ace) im very sure that we will see a full armor unicorn pretty soonish!
but im sure that id give that one a pass. i already have the ver.ka titanium finish version of the unicorn and i dont like buying the same kit multiple times, even if they add a ton of cool new stuff. the exception would be the banshee (its a different unit, so thats ok for me) and the MG OO raiser (i already own the 1/100 NG version but i SO want a MG!).
also, im sure that the full armor unicorn would be a brick on an action base, just like the EX-S! XD with all that stuff loaded to it im sure that you cant move it very well. its more like a ship than a MS in that mode!
but yeah, im sure they will give us a banshee and a full armor unicorn. bandai LOVES selling the same runners in different kits over and over again so we dont have to fear anything in that regard^^
they will probably release those kits shortly before the episode airs in which they will appear. and since the unicorn entered the earths atmosphere at the end of episode 3 and because the banshee is being tested on earth im pretty sure that we will see that one sooner rather than later^^

DV04 2011-03-19 18:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deathalo (Post 3536302)
Hey all, if you want $15 or $10 off at gundamstoreandmore.com use the codes 15off and 10off respectively. I just bought Qubeley MK. II MG and used the 15off one, go save! :D

Edited: $15 not 15% :P

Just got an e-mail from Gundam Store and More stating that they won't honor those coupons

Quote:

Hello. This email is concerning your recent order from Gundam Store and More. Somehow a courtesy coupon that was offered to a small number of customers early last year was posted online. Since 5 customers still had the ability to use the coupon, in good faith we did not erase it from our database so it would be still available to them. It is a customer-specific coupon and not intended for general use.

We apologize that someone elected to post this coupon online, but we are not able to honor it for the general public. In 11 years of operation, we have not had this happen before and are sorry that you have been inconvenienced.

If you would like your order still and are willing to be charged the $15, please respond to this email before Monday and your order will go out as normally scheduled. If you no longer want your order, there is no need to take any action. It will be canceled and refunded when our store reopens on Monday.

Thank you,
Gundam Store and More