AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

casval cehack 2011-10-18 05:35

A 1/144 Shamblo would need a box larger or as large as the 1/144 Dendrobium. Probably more expensive too. Awesome nonetheless (like next to a Loto).

RG FREEDOM GUNDAM PV
Speaking of huge HGs, I wonder if this can fit on the existing HG Meteors.

maknaedik 2011-10-18 05:53

Really? T_T I thought it's only as large as Psyco Gundam XD

Appel 2011-10-18 06:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by casval cehack (Post 3812917)
A 1/144 Shamblo would need a box larger or as large as the 1/144 Dendrobium. Probably more expensive too. Awesome nonetheless (like next to a Loto).

not really. the AMA-X7 Shamblo is only 77.8 meters long compared to the 140 meters of the dendrobium orchis.
the shamblo would be a big kit compared to other HGs but it would still only be about 54cm long in 1/144 scale. and i think thats an ok size^^ i already have two models that are that big :P

StrikeFreedomV2 2011-10-18 06:20

If they release a Shambloo, that would be epic :D

Speaking of big HG's: Anyone has the HG Psycho Gundam? I'm really interested what it's like. I did see a review of it, but I would like hear more opinions on it.

Appel 2011-10-18 06:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 (Post 3812952)
If they release a Shambloo, that would be epic :D

Speaking of big HG's: Anyone has the HG Psycho Gundam? I'm really interested what it's like. I did see a review of it, but I would like hear more opinions on it.

yeah, it really would be pretty cool^^ especially if they added gimmicks like the opening "mouth" to reveal the big cannon! id probably buy that in a 1/144 scale. but a 1/100 scale would be possible, too. even then it wouldnt be as big as the dendrobium orchis! and imagine that thing next to the unicorn, that would look totally amazing!

i dont own the psycho gundam though. i have heard that it is supposed to be a good model but thats all i know :P

bio9205 2011-10-18 06:35

...I would kill for Bandai to release a 1/144 Shamblo. Please?

casval cehack 2011-10-18 08:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3812949)
not really. the AMA-X7 Shamblo is only 77.8 meters long compared to the 140 meters of the dendrobium orchis.
the shamblo would be a big kit compared to other HGs but it would still only be about 54cm long in 1/144 scale. and i think thats an ok size^^ i already have two models that are that big :P

The box size would rely on the Shamblo's detail and features, not on its scaled dimensions (which is tall and WIDE). Thus, the more detail/features it has (like opening mouth cannons), the more number of plates. I saw a Prime92 review of Dendrobium's, the interior was pretty hollow, basically ABS slabs. Ofcourse, all of this are just guesstimates. :)

Since we are on big 1/144 MS and in lieu of the renewal HG SEED gunpla, how about a HG Destroy? So we can recreate this scene...
http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/2...troypsycho.jpg

Appel 2011-10-18 08:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by casval cehack (Post 3813091)
The box size would rely on the Shamblo's detail and features, not on its scaled dimensions (which is tall and WIDE). Thus, the more detail/features it has (like opening mouth cannons), the more number of plates. I saw a Prime92 review of Dendrobium's, the interior was pretty hollow, basically ABS slabs. Ofcourse, all of this are just guesstimates. :)

Since we are on big 1/144 MS and in lieu of the renewal HG SEED gunpla, how about a HG Destroy? So we can recreate this scene...
http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/2...troypsycho.jpg

true^^ but we are still talking about a model that is half the size of the dendrobium. and it cant be that wide, too because the dendrobium in already 62 meters wide, the shamblo is definitely not as wide as it is long.
id say it the box would be about as big as the one of a big MG like The-O or maybe PG size. but definitely not bigger.
you dont need THAT many pieces for moving gimmicks like the mouth cannon, especially on a HG kit.

Sworra 2011-10-18 09:08

Since we are on the topic of Mobile Armour or big Mobile suits, i wonder if the RG Freedom will fit in the 1/144 scale Meteor unit. i don't see why not but at least it would be a nicer looking Freedom with the unit instead of the regular HG.

Appel 2011-10-18 09:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sworra (Post 3813131)
Since we are on the topic of Mobile Armour or big Mobile suits, i wonder if the RG Freedom will fit in the 1/144 scale Meteor unit. i don't see why not but at least it would be a nicer looking Freedom with the unit instead of the regular HG.

casval cehack wondered the same thing above^^
i dont see a reason why it shouldnt fit. but im pretty sure that is one of the first things people will try with this model so we only have to wait and see XD

casval cehack 2011-10-18 09:23

@Appel - Maybe, MG Delta Plus has a ridiculously thin box. I still want my gunpla boxes big though.:)

@Sworra - I've asked that question before. Bandai could atleast provide an attachment part to connect them. But knowing them, I think folks attempting to do that have to rely on Kotobukiya (or other third party sellers).

Sworra 2011-10-18 09:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3813142)
casval cehack wondered the same thing above^^
i dont see a reason why it shouldnt fit. but im pretty sure that is one of the first things people will try with this model so we only have to wait and see XD

Yeah i guess i missed that part of his Conversation. lol my bad, getting old with these eyes of mine.. So i messured out how long the Meteor unit is in the HG and its 22 1/2 inches (57cm) which is pretty huge. But just wondering if they made it into a 1/100 scale or MG.. Wouldn't mind seeing all the SEED's MG suits in that massive thing.

StrikeFreedomV2 2011-10-18 09:50

@Apple: Indeed, a diorama with Unicorn and Shamploo would the most epic thing since the invention of sliced bread XD I hope they do that. And about the Psyco Gundam: Itīs the same prize as the Unicorn, maybe I get it. If the RG MK II comes out, I definitely buy it.

And regarding a HG Destroy: That would be an instant buy, no questions asked XD

firefox 2011-10-18 09:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by casval cehack (Post 3813153)
@Appel - Maybe, MG Delta Plus has a ridiculously thin box. I still want my gunpla boxes big though.:)

The smaller the box the better, saves alot on shipping!!!

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2011-10-18 10:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sworra (Post 3813131)

Yes it'll be nicer to look at. Still, I personally think that RG Freedom's excellent frame and joints will be wasted if you put it on the Meteor.

casval cehack 2011-10-18 10:10

My take is different. HG Freedom and most of the HG SEED line have horrible sculpts and proportions. RG Freedom would definitely look much better on the Meteor Unit. Not a waste at all.

suiton629 2011-10-18 10:11

After much thought & consideration, I did initially consider selling the SD kits I had on Amazon. But they weren't selling for a few days even though they were the cheapest prices.

So I decided to keep them to have them go along with my MG's...

>_<

Now I just need to hope that Bandai makes the kits I want, which is now in my signature.

suiton629 2011-10-18 10:14

Oh and I was looking at those High Definition HG Seed series kits, and uh, I can't tell a difference between the actual kits. Did they just repackage the same kit w/ new box art?

Butagami 2011-10-18 10:28

Yay, My MG Wing arrived early :D
Weird that they didn't pack it in with the freedom and the bases and ship it in one go....
Oh well, let's see how long my self-restraint holds up in the presence of this baby... (gotta study...)

Appel 2011-10-18 10:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3813210)
Oh and I was looking at those High Definition HG Seed series kits, and uh, I can't tell a difference between the actual kits. Did they just repackage the same kit w/ new box art?

they have slight color variations and actual decals and seals.
also, please use the edit button... you are constantly double posting!