AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

RAVNEN 2009-01-31 20:40

Keep it going Sir Dearka.:DI can't actually believe that Gold Frame can stand like that,my Blue Frame keep falling off when I mount it Tactical Sword on it back.I guess I better do another pose.:D

Subarunyon 2009-02-01 00:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Dearka (Post 2191340)
It's nice to see you like my Dearka/Buster collection, guys. I am still waiting for my First Grade Buster and HG Gunner Zaku to join the entourage :D And then I start hunting for the petite Studio Dearka I saw the other day with the set. When the movie is out, I bet it'll grow even more!

As for Gold Frame Amatsu, I am happy with it. Maybe it is not poseable like most Master Grades, but it still looks better than many of the masterly lot :)

Hey Dearka, maybe you can paint the FG the deactive color. That way you'll have everything complete without redundancy. The FG sucks wihtout painting anyway so might as well ;)

Chiu_fan 2009-02-01 00:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 2190262)
HG Seraphim comes out February 12th, along with the HG 00 Raiser.

Thanks! Probably I'll also get the 00 Raiser too while I'm at it.

BTW, what does it say with the "ver.", on the lower left?
http://image.bandai.co.kr/upload/editor/UnxUlpxj.jpg

MakubeX2 2009-02-01 00:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiu_fan (Post 2191647)
BTW, what does it say with the "ver.", on the lower left?

Quote:

Originally Posted by LightningZERO (Post 2190329)
00 Raiser has lighter color, and special decals. It's called 'designer color' on the boxart

Anything else ?

And
http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/1407/dscf6513bn2.jpg
A brand new series of 1/200 kit Bandai made for the Asian Market outside of Japan, it seems.

So how does it match up ? :-
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/8...8516496yr1.jpg

MeesesGlokmah 2009-02-01 00:38

^I'm just guessing, but I'm assuming it is referring to this version having the special (lighter) color scheme.

Edit: nvm. Someone beat me to it, and confirmed it.

LightningZERO 2009-02-01 00:49

That 00 looks pretty good, the others? Not too much

MakubeX2 2009-02-01 00:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by LightningZERO (Post 2191661)
That 00 looks pretty good, the others? Not too much

The above seems to be the following :-

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10076645

Although a candy toy in Japan, the packing indicated that it is sold as a cheap kit (which requires a lot of painting) in the rest of Asia. But it's a great improvement over the FG overall if you look at the pix below.

kk2extreme 2009-02-01 01:02

i dont have air brush, so should i invest one for the models or hand paint is good enough to look awesome and realistic :confused:

MakubeX2 2009-02-01 01:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by kk2extreme (Post 2191681)
i dont have air brush, so should i invest one for the models or hand paint is good enough to look awesome and realistic :confused:

Here's your indication aganist the FG Exia :-
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/218/dscf6516fh8.jpg

vektar 2009-02-01 01:52

those are horrible looking! but i guess if you dont have the money to get a HG kit thats what your gonna be stuck with. I dont think id even bother getting one if it was my only choice.

MakubeX2 2009-02-01 01:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by vektar (Post 2191747)
those are horrible looking! but i guess if you dont have the money to get a HG kit thats what your gonna be stuck with. I dont think id even bother getting one if it was my only choice.

Why not ? They are cheap (< 500 yen) and good for those learning to paint a kit.

kk2extreme 2009-02-01 02:25

i presume that the left one is hand painted and the right one is air brushed.

MakubeX2 2009-02-01 02:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by kk2extreme (Post 2191794)
i presume that the left one is hand painted and the right one is air brushed.

You can try Gundam Markers if you have the patience.

kk2extreme 2009-02-01 02:46

Ok... here is the problem with hand painting for me

I try hand paint, the colors are pretty even and with a good brush, there are hardly any paint brush's marks on it, but the big flaws are that colors appears too smooth (mainly with flat colors and colors appeared plastic toy, like the generic figures that you buy in toy store) and has a shiny coat on top of the model when it is dry, and which it doesn't look too good. I try gundam markers and they dont look good at all, not that i cant draw detail lines but it never look as good as the photos from the instructions. should i try sanding it after the paint is dry or just hand paint the small details and air brush most of parts :confused:

Critias 2009-02-01 03:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by kk2extreme (Post 2191830)
Ok... here is the problem with hand painting for me

I try hand paint, the colors are pretty even and with a good brush, there are hardly any paint brush's marks on it, but the big flaws are that colors appears too smooth (mainly with flat colors and colors appeared plastic toy, like the generic figures that you buy in toy store) and has a shiny coat on top of the model when it is dry, and which it doesn't look too good. I try gundam markers and they dont look good at all, not that i cant draw detail lines but it never look as good as the photos from the instructions. should i try sanding it after the paint is dry or just hand paint the small details and air brush most of parts :confused:

use a flat/matte finishing spray of some kind after you paint them instead?

Sir Dearka 2009-02-01 06:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAVNEN (Post 2191375)
Keep it going Sir Dearka.:DI can't actually believe that Gold Frame can stand like that,my Blue Frame keep falling off when I mount it Tactical Sword on it back.I guess I better do another pose.:D

To be honest, I was amazed that this kit stands perfect and firm. All the joints are not as loose as the ones in Blue Frame and the packpack wings are not as heavy as it seems. People did really good job with this kit, though the legs still have their flaws as they are less than poseable enough. The kit looks good only when it is in some regal, standing pose. Not much room for action poses, though. Still, I would not want more and it is one of my favorite plamos, especially the fact that I got it from a very close friend...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Subarunyon (Post 2191611)
Hey Dearka, maybe you can paint the FG the deactive color. That way you'll have everything complete without redundancy. The FG sucks wihtout painting anyway so might as well ;)

Thanks! This is actually a great idea! Now I have to check out the proper colour schemes :)

GNWeapon 2009-02-01 07:47

Just a quick question:

I'm referring to this Mr.Color no.30 Flat Base <-- Is this used for mixing with paint to give the appropriate finish or used as a coat?

Critias 2009-02-01 14:45

goddammit, my Extreme Blast Destiny broke a part in its wing! That little nub that makes the wing open is so freaking tiny! Now i'ts broken so it won't hold up without the WoL attachment. Oh well, WoL will always be on when wings are open anyway but still, I can't STAND a broken part! :frustrated:

Sir Dearka 2009-02-01 17:24

the thing I hate about the MG Extreme Blast Destiny is that its wings of light fall off so easily. And there are many parts that tend to break, like your wings. In my case it is the rifle's attaching part that popped off. Not a terrible damage as such but really... I think they did not think it through, the designers...

kk2extreme 2009-02-01 18:04

^speaking of broken parts, i broke the antena, the inner nub for one of the wing and the knee cap connection for my pg wing zero custom :heh:, and i kinda super glue the inner wing and the knee cap, and cant fix the antena :heh: