AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

JayCee 2009-04-17 17:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by vektar (Post 2347181)
its nice to see people on this site who actually can help out a bit, you seem to have a lot of really good advice there. How long have you been building gunpla for? And you should post some pics of what you got done thus far, id like to see your collection.

Well the more the merrier eh? :) Anyhow I first started gunplayat a very young age, I think about 7-8 but grew out of it by early teens. But back then they were all rubbish and I never took the care and effort into doing it properly. Only cared that it was a mech and it looked cool.

I only picked it back up again last year and started to take it more seriously from there on picking up new skills on the way.

I posted 2-3 sample pics of my more plain simple clean build on page 596. Don't think the mods would quite like me to keep on spamming the same pics. But I might repost some new pics when I fixed up the thrusters for the MG unicorn :D

vektar 2009-04-17 17:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayCee (Post 2347243)
Well the more the merrier eh? :) Anyhow I first started gunplayat a very young age, I think about 7-8 but grew out of it by early teens. But back then they were all rubbish and I never took the care and effort into doing it properly. Only cared that it was a mech and it looked cool.

I only picked it back up again last year and started to take it more seriously from there on picking up new skills on the way.

I posted 2-3 sample pics of my more plain simple clean build on page 596. Don't think the mods would quite like me to keep on spamming the same pics. But I might repost some new pics when I fixed up the thrusters for the MG unicorn :D

I remember those, they look really good. I kinda did the same thing with gunpla started in the mid 90's then stopped in the early 2000's i just started a again a few months ago but am having a hard time getting into it. But i had to learn a lot of the things i know now from doing it myself, no internet help back then. So yeah its great to have people who are more then willing to give tips and help out those people new to the world of gunpla.

ryanvamp 2009-04-17 22:50

indeed, there are very nice ppl here, that's why I keep looking at this thread even if it isn't at its peak (when 00 was still airing).

So the HGUC Messala is a fake then?

Btw, what does it mean when you say "primer"? Please take into consideration that I'm not from the USA so I'm not familiar with all the words :)

Last but not least, which spray top coat do you guys recommend that doesn't eat decals and is available at HLJ ?

What about metallic spray paints?

Sworra 2009-04-17 23:05

Yeah have to agree. Internet helps out big time for info. Remembering back thinking i new everything about putting one together now i look at the ones i did and they turned out ok but i could of done better. Now i got back into it since i have seen the Master grades and I'm hooked. So now I'm doing them the right way with putty, primer, sanding airbrushing. All in all this is probably the most i have spend on a hobby that i like doing. All because of the internet. With the information with people on this forum being nice enough to share their idea's i can't ask for anything more. It opened way more idea's that i can use and maybe share with others when i know a few tips and tricks. Thanks a bunch.

MakubeX2 2009-04-17 23:17

http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/5...9862430678.jpg

Special Release of Gundam Unicorn Vol.8 comes pack with a Bazooka for your MG Sinanju. No word regarding the same package will be made avaliable for the Chinese translation.

yeahitschris 2009-04-17 23:19

well, bought my first ever gundam model today at hobbytown USA. i live in nebraska, so there isn't any like anime store or any sort, went there they only had 00 in 1/144 model. i wanted exia in 1/100 but this will do here is a picture that i took.

Amber.Dawn 2009-04-18 00:15

00, good choice.

vektar 2009-04-18 00:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2 (Post 2347705)
http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/5...9862430678.jpg

Special Release of Gundam Unicorn Vol.8 comes pack with a Bazooka for your MG Sinanju. No word regarding the same package will be made avaliable for the Chinese translation.

is there a release date for this? Theres a japanese book store 15 mins away from where i live and i might just go check it out.

Amber.Dawn 2009-04-18 00:52

I heard it was preorder only? (the bazooka)

gundam rider 2009-04-18 02:00

sigh..., i wish they would make a model kit of Exia's prototype design the "GN-001 Pawn Gundam",:heh:

seriously, that thing looks freaking badass!!, the designs!, the designs!, the GN cables are nearly everywhere on its body!, the awsome GN cables running through-out its body!!.....

Pawn Gundam & its GN cables!!! arghhh!!!......:heh:

man, i wish Bandai aproves Pawn Gundam.......

vektar 2009-04-18 02:36

I finished my MG Gelgoog 2.0 today, i put on a few decals and painted most of the kit except the pink (light red, as Char would call it) I had a hard time finding the right tone of red for the pink area so i just left it un painted and i added a little grey to some areas i thought looked a bit plain like the chest and the exhaust vents around the mid section. I also cut out the fingers so each one will move what ever way its likes. Im pretty happy with the quality of this kit, it was my first Gelgoog MG and i think the 2.0 is just awesome, but i was a lot happier with the Zaku 2.0 I think i did a far better job on it. Time for pics:D Sorry for the bad quality of the pics i only have my iphone camera so it dont work to well indoors.

Bashfulz 2009-04-18 03:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by gundam rider (Post 2347922)
sigh..., i wish they would make a model kit of Exia's prototype design the "GN-001 Pawn Gundam",:heh:

seriously, that thing looks freaking badass!!, the designs!, the designs!, the GN cables are nearly everywhere on its body!, the awsome GN cables running through-out its body!!.....

Pawn Gundam & its GN cables!!! arghhh!!!......:heh:

man, i wish Bandai aproves Pawn Gundam.......

???which one is pawn gundam? isnt the exia prototypes jus the 0 gundam and the astraea?

Rising Dragon 2009-04-18 03:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bashfulz (Post 2347997)
???which one is pawn gundam? isnt the exia prototypes jus the 0 gundam and the astraea?

He meant the concept art for the Exia. When the anime was still in the planning stages, the Gundams were named after Chess pieces--and Exia was known as the Pawn Gundam. The concept art for the Exia gave it a much more rounded out design, more curves and less angles. This concept art is what he wants released.

LoweGear 2009-04-18 06:19

Said image of the prototype concept Exia:

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/8642/1237432316909.jpg

That'd be hell to realize as a model with all those cords. Not impossible, but very difficult :heh:

JayCee 2009-04-18 06:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryanvamp (Post 2347673)
indeed, there are very nice ppl here, that's why I keep looking at this thread even if it isn't at its peak (when 00 was still airing).

So the HGUC Messala is a fake then?

Btw, what does it mean when you say "primer"? Please take into consideration that I'm not from the USA so I'm not familiar with all the words :)

Last but not least, which spray top coat do you guys recommend that doesn't eat decals and is available at HLJ ?

What about metallic spray paints?

I'm not from USA either :p. Anyhow "primer" ensures paint adheres better to the surface you're applying to. It also increases paint durability. Also it's used as a way to check for any modelling errors such as gaps left out from filling or uneven surface areas.

But if you're not confident yet with re-painting you're models you can skip the primer bit and just finish it with topcoat.

As for which topcoat. Gunze Mr Topcoat from HLJ most user friendly for paint and decals (blue can with yellow writing).

What do you mean what about metallic spray paints? What kind of question are you asking? Not very clear on it. If you're after recommended, it all boils down to personal prefernce as there's so many brands, but I personally stick to Tamiya products.

Hope that helps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vektar (Post 2347963)
I finished my MG Gelgoog 2.0 today, i put on a few decals and painted most of the kit except the pink (light red, as Char would call it) I had a hard time finding the right tone of red for the pink area so i just left it un painted and i added a little grey to some areas i thought looked a bit plain like the chest and the exhaust vents around the mid section. I also cut out the fingers so each one will move what ever way its likes. Im pretty happy with the quality of this kit, it was my first Gelgoog MG and i think the 2.0 is just awesome, but i was a lot happier with the Zaku 2.0 I think i did a far better job on it. Time for pics:D Sorry for the bad quality of the pics i only have my iphone camera so it dont work to well indoors.

Gelgoog looking good there. Although quality if pic really doesn't do it justice at all although it can't be helped with iphone. Don't you have any sort of digital camera you can use?.

ryanvamp 2009-04-18 11:15

I see, thanks for all the tips once again, Jaycee. Where are you from, by the way?

The pawn exia looks good, it really isn't that different from the finished product, if 00 was succesful enough, it isn't impossible to think about an eventual MG special ver with all the cables (after all, the light-violet stickers on the legs of the 1/144 EXIA seems like GN cables for me).

I really liked that Gelgoog 2.0. Good job, vektar.

Tormenk 2009-04-18 11:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayCee (Post 2347243)

I picked up 1/144 kits mostly when I was around your age too. I eventually dumped them all back into their boxes when they got too dirty. (the white plastics on some had actually turn yellowish.)

Fast forward to the start of 00 second season. Hung around this thread a tab too much and saw for myself how much model kits had improved so I got myself a GNX-III and it just snowballed from then out. :p

Currently working on Sinaju..13th model since my revival. :uhoh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amber.Dawn (Post 2347839)
I heard it was preorder only? (the bazooka)

Just to be safe I did order one through the local Kinokuniya shop. I'll probably post around once I get my copy of the special volume and see if it can be bought straight off the shelves.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vektar (Post 2347963)

I always like how you managed to put your own touch onto the model without being tacky or weird. :p

Nerroth 2009-04-18 11:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 2348159)
Said image of the prototype concept Exia:

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/8642/1237432316909.jpg

That'd be hell to realize as a model with all those cords. Not impossible, but very difficult :heh:

To be honest, that's quite the opposite of what I'd like to see in an Exia model.

(One of the reasons I want the R2 is because it has no external cables.)

MeesesGlokmah 2009-04-18 12:01

I personally like the external cables, so I'd like that model kit to be made.

vektar 2009-04-18 12:50

Honestly i dont like them my self, before i decided to wait for the MG exia i was planing on not putting on the cables if i had bought the kit.