AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

StrikeFreedomV2 2011-10-04 13:52

So, I finally found the courage to show off some kits from my collection. I hope you like them:D

The most recent kit I made: HGUC Delta Plus

Finished that a few weeks ago: HGUC Unicorn Gundam - Unicorn Mode

Really wan't the new Robot Damashii figure of that one: HGUC Unicorn Gundam - Destroy Mode

Really like how the detail turned out: HGFC God Gundam

And now a Gundam, that received two MG-Releases this year, but should not be forgotten, because it's still better than most that came after it: HG 00 Gundam

And another pic of the 00

suiton629 2011-10-04 14:17

@StrikeFreedomV2
Why only High Grade kits?

What about Master Grades, Perfect Grades, or Super Deformed??

Appel 2011-10-04 14:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3792554)
@StrikeFreedomV2
Why only High Grade kits?

What about Master Grades, Perfect Grades, or Super Deformed??

everyone has different tastes and preferences.
others have issues with shelf space.
and many people simply cant afford master grade or even perfect grade models. and many people simply dont like the looks of SDs.

StrikeFreedomV2 2011-10-04 14:34

@Appel and nike629

I do have quiet a few Master Grades and No Grades. My HG-Collection is just a LOT more bigger than other Grades. The last Master Grade I finshed was the Destiny Gundam EBM. I'm currently building the HGUC Geara Zulu Guard Type. After that I will build either the HG AGE-1 or the MG Strike Freedom FBM. Got Freedom laying around for almost 1 and half years. It's about time I start working on that :)

Also, here's my current backlog of kits I have to build:

RG Aile Strike
HGUC Jegan ECOAS Type
HGFC Shining Gundam
HGFC Master Gundam & Fuunsaiki
Another one of each the HG 00 and the Unicorn Modes
HGAW Gundam X Divider
Now the Master Grades:
As I said the Strike Freedom
Wing Gundam EW
Gundam Deathsythe EW(That should be arriving this week.
Shenlong Gundam EW
Epyon EW
Wing Zero EW
Unicorn Gundam OVA vers.
00 Raiser
00 Gundam Seven Swords/G (Comes via EMS toghether with AGE-1)

Appel 2011-10-04 14:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 (Post 3792578)
@Appel and nike629

I do have quiet a few Master Grades and No Grades. My HG-Collection is just a LOT more bigger than other Grades. The last Master Grade I finshed was the Destiny Gundam EBM. I'm currently building the HGUC Geara Zulu Guard Type. After that I will build either the HG AGE-1 or the MG Strike Freedom FBM. Got Freedom laying around for almost 1 and half years. It's about time I start working on that :)

Also, here's my current backlog of kits I have to build:

RG Aile Strike
HGUC Jegan ECOAS Type
HGFC Shining Gundam
HGFC Master Gundam & Fuunsaiki
Another one of each the HG 00 and the Unicorn Modes
HGAW Gundam X Divider
Now the Master Grades:
As I said the Strike Freedom
Wing Gundam EW
Gundam Deathsythe EW(That should be arriving this week.
Shenlong Gundam EW
Epyon EW
Wing Zero EW
Unicorn Gundam OVA vers.
00 Raiser
00 Gundam Seven Swords/G (Comes via EMS toghether with AGE-1)

my comment wasnt about you, it was about people's preferences in general^^ not everyone likes the 1/100 scale afterall!

StrikeFreedomV2 2011-10-04 14:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3792582)
my comment wasnt about you, it was about people's preferences in general^^ not everyone likes the 1/100 scale afterall!

Oops, sorry misunderstood then. My bad

:heh:

BumSQ 2011-10-04 15:06

recently i finish builing a mg unicorn gundam. i'm planning to build another mg but don't know what to buy. any1 got any recommendations?

StrikeFreedomV2 2011-10-04 15:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by BumSQ (Post 3792630)
recently i finish builing a mg unicorn gundam. i'm planning to build another mg but don't know what to buy. any1 got any recommendations?

I didnT build it myself yet but I know for a fact that the MG 00 Raiser is a pretty darn good kit. I definitly recommend it.

suiton629 2011-10-04 15:16

Quote:

Check out like a MG from the 00 series... :D

Like~

MG Exia
MG Exia Ignition Mode
MG 00 Raiser
MG 00 Qan[T]
MG 00 Raiser 7 Sword G

Now if Bandai can just release a MG Exia Repair 2 and a MG Astraea my collection will be complete...

Appel 2011-10-04 15:19

i agree on the OO master grades. they are rather easy to build and are amazing models!
another great kit is the MK-II 2.0!
i can also recommend the freedom, strike freedom, sword or force impulse (depending on which you like better), the sinanju, the deathscythe hell, the shin musha gundam and the ReZEL.

also:
the MG full armor unicorn is available for preorder on hobby link japan now: http://www.hlj.com/product/ban973138

Sworra 2011-10-04 15:26

i was just about to say to BumSQ to get the MK-II 2.0, you beat me to it Appel. hehe But all what Appel said for MG's are darn good, might i add the Infinite Justice it that list to. :)

Appel are you going to Pre-Order FA unicorn?

Appel 2011-10-04 15:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sworra (Post 3792659)
i was just about to say to BumSQ to get the MK-II 2.0, you beat me to it Appel. hehe But all what Appel said for MG's are darn good, might i add the Infinite Justice it that list to. :)

Appel are you going to Pre-Order FA unicorn?

oh yes, i forgot the infinite justice!^^

and i will probably get the FA unicorn. but i wont preorder it just yet^^

Sworra 2011-10-04 15:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3792676)
oh yes, i forgot the infinite justice!^^

and i will probably get the FA unicorn. but i wont preorder it just yet^^

You have from Oct 14 then its goes to 8000 yen.. i looked at that price in CDN dollars and its like $110 if i don't pre-order, if i do its like $88.. I'm going to wait a bit myself seems like the exhange rate right now is a bit high.. hope it lowers by the 14th.

Appel 2011-10-04 15:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sworra (Post 3792688)
You have from Oct 14 then its goes to 8000 yen.. i looked at that price in CDN dollars and its like $110 if i don't pre-order, if i do its like $88.. I'm going to wait a bit myself seems like the exhange rate right now is a bit high.. hope it lowers by the 14th.

ah crap i missed that they have it with the early bird bonus... ok i just preordered it^^

duotiga 2011-10-05 02:24

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 (Post 3792647)
I didnT build it myself yet but I know for a fact that the MG 00 Raiser is a pretty darn good kit. I definitly recommend it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3792654)
i agree on the OO master grades. they are rather easy to build and are amazing models!
another great kit is the MK-II 2.0!
i can also recommend the freedom, strike freedom, sword or force impulse (depending on which you like better), the sinanju, the deathscythe hell, the shin musha gundam and the ReZEL.

MG 00 Raiser is a pretty good kit but lotsa parts

MK II ver2 is good but i recommend titan ver which fixed the wraist issue

Strike (Aile , Launcher/Sword/IWSP) / Strike Noir (or E IWSP) is easy to build also

Wing MG series are easy to build also (so far have build Wing tv ver, Deathsycthe ver ka)

StrikeFreedomV2 2011-10-05 02:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 3793406)

In newer releases of the AUEG MK II Vers. 2.0 that issue has been fixed AFAIK.

maknaedik 2011-10-05 02:47

You all know I want this: http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2011/1...-magazine.html

Unfortunately, it's just a conversion. Might as well make my own :)

duotiga 2011-10-05 03:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 (Post 3793412)
In newer releases of the AUEG MK II Vers. 2.0 that issue has been fixed AFAIK.

ok ..didnt get the newer ver so not sure. thanks

Appel 2011-10-05 05:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 3793433)
ok ..didnt get the newer ver so not sure. thanks

i got the AEUG version of the MK-II 2.0 as well and the waist works just fine^^
they first released it without the fixed waist, then they released the TITANS version and the HD color version (which are both the same mold) which did have the better joint. they then incorporated that design into the AEUG version.

firefox 2011-10-05 06:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 3793406)
MG 00 Raiser is a pretty good kit but lotsa parts

Strike (Aile , Launcher/Sword/IWSP) / Strike Noir (or E IWSP) is easy to build also

Wing MG series are easy to build also (so far have build Wing tv ver, Deathsycthe ver ka)

There are in my opinion no gundam models that are hard to build, only hard to finish.
With finish i mean: pannelline, paint and decalise. I hate waterslide and dry transfer decals with passion, they always break or don't stay where i want them to go.

Appel 2011-10-05 07:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by firefox (Post 3793582)
There are in my opinion no gundam models that are hard to build, only hard to finish.
With finish i mean: pannelline, paint and decalise. I hate waterslide and dry transfer decals with passion, they always break or don't stay where i want them to go.

thats true in my opinion. but some models are a little more tricky to finish, like the sinanju because it has quite a lot of small and fragile pieces.
but if you have built the unicorn already then every other MG shouldnt be a problem^^

and personally i have made great experiences with waterslide decals :O i only used those from revell so far bur they worked pretty nicely!
the first time i used them was pretty weird though XD especially when one of them got in contact with plastic cement glue and just completely melted away XD

Znozzy 2011-10-05 07:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by firefox (Post 3793582)

Agreed, building kits themselfs arent hard at all, the decals however, ugh, they are my worst enemy when it comes to building kits.

maknaedik 2011-10-05 07:22

Well, for some reason I think there are actually kits that are hard to build. Like old model kits that needs plastic cement. But I know that's not what you're talking about :P Still, there are some kits like MG Zeta Plus A1, wherein you need to shoot the cloth inside a plastic wire, which is hard. And there are also some complicated to build kits like MG Sinanju and MG Red Frame that has small parts. But, that comes close as tricky. Whether you call it hard or not, it's up to you :P

StrikeFreedomV2 2011-10-05 08:04

Having build both MG Blue and Red Frame, I got say the build is kinda easy, BUT removing some the leftoverplastic was really difficult. On some parts there was unnecessasary plastic for no reason at all and you needed to remove that for the parts to fit toghether. Those kits are the only ones so far that had problem. At least those are the only ones I know of.

DarkWarrior 2011-10-05 09:18

There are some kits that are legitimately harder to build, especially transforming kits. They tend to have a lot of small, fragile pieces that tend to break easily. Some other kits that come to mind.. the MG F91, which had a knee that was bitch to slide into place.

duotiga 2011-10-05 10:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkWarrior (Post 3793737)
There are some kits that are legitimately harder to build, especially transforming kits. They tend to have a lot of small, fragile pieces that tend to break easily. Some other kits that come to mind.. the MG F91, which had a knee that was bitch to slide into place.

same sentiments....my 1st MG F-91 experience with the knee is a total horror

MG non transforming kits are still lesser stress to do than transforming kits. Transforming kits ( esp for Zeta ver2 , Delta Puls, Zeta A1/C1, S , Ext (s), ZZ) tends to be floppy & have to decide between MS form or MA form

suiton629 2011-10-05 10:25

Just get the 00 series MG kits. They're really good quality, look good, and you'll have fun building it.

Znozzy 2011-10-05 12:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 3793804)
same sentiments....my 1st MG F-91 experience with the knee is a total horror

MG non transforming kits are still lesser stress to do than transforming kits. Transforming kits ( esp for Zeta ver2 , Delta Puls, Zeta A1/C1, S , Ext (s), ZZ) tends to be floppy & have to decide between MS form or MA form

tbh, the zeta A1 wasn't hard to build, if you follow instructions and have proper tools i dont see how any gunpla model would be hard to build, annoying? yes. hard? not really, the F91 isn't hard, but the parts are small and you have to be careful with them :)

Appel 2011-10-05 12:44

some of the older kits are more difficult to build because bandais old manuals sucked^^
the most difficult MG kit that i have built so far is probably the Ex-S

Bonta Kun 2011-10-05 13:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3793964)
some of the older kits are more difficult to build because bandais old manuals sucked^^
the most difficult MG kit that i have built so far is probably the Ex-S

lol now that I can understand as being rather tricky on the whole, since I read that the S Gundam had a 30 page manual I'd hate to think what Ex-S would be like:p

or PG for that matter.

But I agree that these models aren't really hard, it's all snap fit, it's much more taxing when you making the stuff that requires polycement>__<

btw whats better or more, what would people get a Stike IWSP or Luka Strike + IWSP?
Hard time thinking which one I want.

Appel 2011-10-05 14:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonta Kun (Post 3794016)
lol now that I can understand as being rather tricky on the whole, since I read that the S Gundam had a 30 page manual I'd hate to think what Ex-S would be like:p

or PG for that matter.

But I agree that these models aren't really hard, it's all snap fit, it's much more taxing when you making the stuff that requires polycement>__<

btw whats better or more, what would people get a Stike IWSP or Luka Strike + IWSP?

the Ex-S was just totally different from anything i have built so far^^ tons of screws, you build it onto the base and many parts because it transforms... it was quite the challenge compared to other models^^

suiton629 2011-10-05 14:06

still want that MG Exia R2, MG Astraea, and SD Astraea...

StrikeFreedomV2 2011-10-05 14:19

Quote:

Depends on your preference of either the original Strike or the Strike Noir. The main bodies are just recolors of the two. In terms of extra weapons though you get alot of them with Strike IWSP, like the Pistols, 2 Beam Rifles, the Shild Gatling and some more stuff I canīt remember. I would recommend checking dalong for that.

pumpkins 2011-10-05 14:28

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 (Post 3794047)
Depends on your preference of either the original Strike or the Strike Noir. The main bodies are just recolors of the two. In terms of extra weapons though you get alot of them with Strike IWSP, like the Pistols, 2 Beam Rifles, the Shild Gatling and some more stuff I canīt remember. I would recommend checking dalong for that.

I think you're referring to the Strike-E for the whole list of extra weapons. The Strike+IWSP only comes with a pair of swords, gatling sheild and the grand slam. The Strike-E comes with those and 2 beam pistols and 2 beam rifles with some bazooka attachment.

The Strike+IWSP uses the same body as the MG Aile Strike, while the Strike-E uses the one of the Strike Noir, which is slightly more detailed. If I remember correctly some parts/thrustors were molded separately for the Strike-E

Appel 2011-10-05 14:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by pumpkins (Post 3794061)
I think you're referring to the Strike-E for the whole list of extra weapons. The Strike+IWSP only comes with a pair of swords, gatling sheild and the grand slam. The Strike-E comes with those and 2 beam pistols and 2 beam rifles with some bazooka attachment.

The Strike+IWSP uses the same body as the MG Aile Strike, while the Strike-E uses the one of the Strike Noir, which is slightly more detailed. If I remember correctly some parts/thrustors were molded separately for the Strike-E

yes you are right.
if you want a strike with the IWSP then get luka's strike E + IWSP. it comes with a lot more weapons and the strike noir on which this is based is one of the best SEED kits bandai has ever made^^

Bonta Kun 2011-10-05 15:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by pumpkins (Post 3794061)

Yea thats the 2 models I was on about.

Thanks for the info, looks like I'll just opt for the Luka's Strike-E:D

And the Noir is on my to get list already:p

Znozzy 2011-10-05 17:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by maknaedik (Post 3793415)
You all know I want this: http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2011/1...-magazine.html

Unfortunately, it's just a conversion. Might as well make my own :)

that's pretty cool, the knees look a bit out of place though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3794023)
the Ex-S was just totally different from anything i have built so far^^ tons of screws, you build it onto the base and many parts because it transforms... it was quite the challenge compared to other models^^

you build it onto the base? that's pretty awesome, i should buy a Ex-S just so i can build it, lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonta Kun (Post 3794103)

latepost but still, my advice!

i'd go with the Strike-E + IWSP, the E comes with so many pretty accessories you can't pass it up, and it has a few parts diffrent from the regular strike!

if you plan on buying the noir too, i'd go with the regular strike + IWSP though, just so you can switch them around :3

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3794030)
still want that MG Exia R2, MG Astraea, and SD Astraea...

you don't have to repost it every page, you know

maknaedik 2011-10-05 20:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Znozzy (Post 3793924)
tbh, the zeta A1 wasn't hard to build, if you follow instructions and have proper tools i dont see how any gunpla model would be hard to build, annoying? yes. hard? not really, the F91 isn't hard, but the parts are small and you have to be careful with them :)

For me, if it annoys me, it becomes hard. I don't have the tools at that time and looking for those is hard.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Znozzy (Post 3793924)
you don't have to repost it every page, you know

Well, I think he won't spare a page. A wishful thinking that if he does that, Bandai will hear his prayer :P

MoonLightShadows 2011-10-05 21:49

Got the new HG Age 1 an building it now. :D Along with the new HG Jesta. So far every HG Gundam unicorn model kit i have gotten has been 100% Awesome Quality. :p anyone else notice that?

pumpkins 2011-10-06 00:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonta Kun (Post 3794103)

If you're planning to get the Strike-Noir, just get the Strike+IWSP, unless you already have many other Strikes like the Aile, Sword/Launcher, Rouge... and you want more Noir frames. haha!

The only thing that I'm disappointed with the MG +IWSP kits is that the grand slam is white. :( instead of chrome like the PG :( :( :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoonLightShadows (Post 3794632)
Got the new HG Age 1 an building it now. :D Along with the new HG Jesta. So far every HG Gundam unicorn model kit i have gotten has been 100% Awesome Quality. :p anyone else notice that?

Yup, I've seen some reviews on youtube and they look really good! I like how they did the colour separation in the chests of the Age-1 and Jesta! :)