AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

pumpkins 2012-01-24 09:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 3965634)
looks like Hobby Japan Gand Slam for 1/144 Aile Strike can be combined
================================================== =======
Hobby Japan Magazine [Apr. 2012 Issue] Limited: HG 1/144 Grand Slam Sword & Accessory Set (Release Date: Feb 25th 2012)
* This exclusive set also include manipulators and connecting joints to be used with the HG Gundam SEED kits, to allow the kit to be more articulate.*


they should've included this in the RG skygrasper pack. zzz, going to be a pain to get this kit. :(

casval cehack 2012-01-24 09:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2 (Post 3965666)
http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/6...7386168460.jpg

I'm curios about how the cockpit gimmick function here.

I'm curious why does it need clear blocks to stand with the assault shroud on.

@Exia_00 - I only have the Destroy mode Banshee. Can you dual wield both the deployed and stored railguns? How about both claws?

duotiga 2012-01-24 09:55

@MakubeX2 : i think i saw the hinge at the armour shroud for the cockpit to open?

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2012-01-24 09:57

Wow, that Duel looks sexy with or without the Shroud. Canít wait to have it to pose un-armored holding the Railgun like it supposed to. Too bad it never happened in the anime. Oh yeah, I also hope that it can stand firm with the Shroud (that clear blocks makes the kit a little bit suspicious :uhoh:).

MakubeX2 2012-01-24 10:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 3965774)
@MakubeX2 : i think i saw the hinge at the armour shroud for the cockpit to open?

I was thinking that it will be lame if the cockpit area will only be on the chest piece of the Assault Shroud amour piece and not the Duel itself since we only saw it opened up from the amour add-on in this particular scan.

Appel 2012-01-24 10:23

i still love that they give us the big rifle of the duel that the folks of ZAFT didnt take with them when they stole the suit from heliopolis^^ that thing looks badass!
considering how much you get with this kit i think 3360 yen at HLJ is a REALLY good price. if the model itself doesnt suffer from bandais new kit design then i really am all for their new stategy!

Chiu_fan 2012-01-24 10:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by casval cehack (Post 3965721)
Can you dual wield both the deployed and stored railguns? How about both claws?

Apparently it can. Check out this review.

DuoRanger 2012-01-24 10:43

i was thinkin here, there's no way to convert a gundam skeleton in something heavier and deadly like this one?



i mean, what is the best skeleton or model to do this one?

Akyra 2012-01-24 11:03

Is that Atlas from Mech Warrior?? For some reason, the Gundam ver 2. comes to mind...

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2012-01-24 11:21

More like the MG Full Armor Gundam that will fit it more to be converted.

Rising Dragon 2012-01-24 13:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 3965634)
looks like Hobby Japan Gand Slam for 1/144 Aile Strike can be combined
================================================== =======
Hobby Japan Magazine [Apr. 2012 Issue] Limited: HG 1/144 Grand Slam Sword & Accessory Set (Release Date: Feb 25th 2012)
* This exclusive set also include manipulators and connecting joints to be used with the HG Gundam SEED kits, to allow the kit to be more articulate.*

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-_UAlhaL-LW.../s1600/111.jpg

posted by G.G
================================================== ========

Okay, I gotta ask: where the hell does this sword come from? I've seen it elsewhere on other models, but as far as I can tell, it's not from the SEED verse.

Appel 2012-01-24 13:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 3965894)
More like the MG Full Armor Gundam that will fit it more to be converted.

when you think about it then the duel is actually a lot closer to the RX-78-2 than any other gundam in SEED :P its weapons loadout is the same and its exra "full armor" equipment is very similar as well, even down to the shoulder cannon! the only realy difference is the color scheme^^

Bonta Kun 2012-01-24 14:06

On the note about Mechwarrior, it's a shame you don't see reverse joint bipedals in gundam, I love chicken walkers:D
The Mad Cat is my favorite from Mech warrior and I use reverse joint legs whenever I can in stuff like Armoured Core.

Of course stuff like them wouldn't be as agile as normal bipedals but still cool to see none the less.

StrikeFreedomV2 2012-01-24 14:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3966061)
when you think about it then the duel is actually a lot closer to the RX-78-2 than any other gundam in SEED :P its weapons loadout is the same and its exra "full armor" equipment is very similar as well, even down to the shoulder cannon! the only realy difference is the color scheme^^

I agree. That's why I prefer the Duel over the Strike in terms of design.

Appel 2012-01-24 14:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 (Post 3966149)
I agree. That's why I prefer the Duel over the Strike in terms of design.

personally i like the strike better because it actually is different from the original gundam^^
i still really like the duel but all in all i just really prefer the strike.

LoweGear 2012-01-24 14:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by casval cehack (Post 3965721)
I'm curious why does it need clear blocks to stand with the assault shroud on.

Those clear blocks are only ever used by modelling magazines to prop prototype models on. Once the full gunpla are released, they are posed standing up without the clear blocks, or on a designated Base.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rising Dragon (Post 3966052)
Okay, I gotta ask: where the hell does this sword come from? I've seen it elsewhere on other models, but as far as I can tell, it's not from the SEED verse.

That's the Grand Slam sword, which first appears on the Perfect Grade Strike Gundam. It's one of those weapons that's supposed to part of the Strike's canon arsenal, but doesn't show up in the series (due to being created after the series of course).

It has appeared in animated form at least once though, in the Gundam Evolve 8 short:



And here's a couple of images of it from the PG Strike's manual:



So yes, it is in fact part of the SEED verse.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2012-01-24 14:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3966061)
when you think about it then the duel is actually a lot closer to the RX-78-2 than any other gundam in SEED :P its weapons loadout is the same and its exra "full armor" equipment is very similar as well, even down to the shoulder cannon! the only realy difference is the color scheme^^

Sorry, my post that you quoted is actually for DuoRanger. :p

Still, I agree with your opinion that Duel is the SEEDverse's RX-78-2. They have a lot in common.

Oh yeah, about the big Railgun (the official name is Bazooka Striker, I believe) on MG Duel, though we kinda have that already with 1/100 Regen Duel, its still fun to finally have the original Duel wields its original weapon. Also, if I want to pose the MG Duel with the Shroud, I can always give the Railgun to the 1/100 Duel to be used. :D

Bonta Kun 2012-01-24 16:28

I never ever thought I'd see a model of the Xamel(and it just occured to me that I never thought to google it:heh:) but glad someone out there shares a fondness for it.

YMS-16M Xamel - Scratch Build

Well tbh the only reason I have a fondness for it is cause I mostly remember it for it's huge big ass gun and ass so to speak:D
I never found appeal in the The O but I do like the Xamel.

Still for these big bulky types of mecha I'd like to see a MG Nightingale over the rest.

Gotta pit something against the Hi-Nu:D

Butagami 2012-01-24 18:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2 (Post 3965666)
Yes. Like the following examples, it's nice Bandai put in some thoughts into the box art :-

http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/9803/m87143.jpg

Quite an inspirational piece, I might add.

Now, on topic :-

http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/6...7386168460.jpg

I'm curios about how the cockpit gimmick function here.

Yes, yes, you raise a good point there, yes, well, I want that. Give me! It shall be mine! I'm really digging the Duel. I never really thought of it as anything special, but now...

I'm also wondering if Ol' Strikes striker packs (mainly sword and blast) will fit on the shoulders, since they appear similar

suiton629 2012-01-24 18:40

http://images.wikia.com/gundam/image...Front_View.jpg

http://images.wikia.com/gundam/image...II_-_Front.jpg

Appel 2012-01-24 18:42

couldnt find a bigger image, right? ;D
i think you should upload it somewhere else and submit it as a thumbnail. its just too big XD

suiton629 2012-01-24 18:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3966485)
couldnt find a bigger image, right? ;D
i think you should upload it somewhere else and submit it as a thumbnail. its just too big XD

You want me to post a bigger one? I'm sure I can find one. I mean it's the only 1 kit that I wish Bandai made...ya know? I got a lot of motivation/desire for it. :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:eye spin::eyespin::eyespin::eyespin::eyespin::eyespin: :eyespin::eyespin::eyespin::eyespin::eyespin:

maknaedik 2012-01-24 20:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3966485)
couldnt find a bigger image, right? ;D
i think you should upload it somewhere else and submit it as a thumbnail. its just too big XD

Oh, that big picture is the one that Bandai announced just a few days ago that they'll never make an MG of it :)))))))))))))))))

casval cehack 2012-01-24 20:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiu_fan (Post 3965829)
Apparently it can. Check out this review.

Thanks. I buying the Unicorn version of the Banshee then.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 3966159)
Those clear blocks are only ever used by modelling magazines to prop prototype models on. Once the full gunpla are released, they are posed standing up without the clear blocks, or on a designated Base.

I see. I was thinking that the Assualt Shroud made the Duel unstable that it will need a stand when released, since the plain Duel was standing just fine as a prototype. I remember my old MSiA Duel Assault Shroud was a little unstable too.

suiton629 2012-01-24 20:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by casval cehack (Post 3966633)
Thanks. I buying the Unicorn version of the Banshee then.



I see. I was thinking that the Assualt Shroud made the Duel unstable that it will need a stand when released, since the plain Duel was standing just fine as a prototype. I remember my old MSiA Duel Assault Shroud was a little unstable too.

Given all that extra weight, I'd say an Action Base is needed to keep it steady or you'd be placing it against a wall or something like that.

But for me, I always use an Action Base 1 for my 1/100 No Grades or 1/100 Master Grade kits anyway. Just makes sense and it feels like the kit is more "complete"... :twitch: :eyebrow:

Weird I know. =P

duotiga 2012-01-24 22:38

yup it does glow green

Bandai Hobby Online Shop: MG 1/100 Unicorn Gundam 02 Banshee Ver ka [Final Battle Ver.]
(Pre-Order Begins: Jan 25th 2012, Release Date: Mar 2012, Price: 5250 yen)

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2012/0...p-mg-1100.html

maknaedik 2012-01-25 01:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3966626)
Hm. I haven't read or heard anything of Bandai officially saying they would never make the MG Exia R2...

>_>

Quit your lame attempt at trolling... rofl rofl :eyespin::eyespin::eyespin:

Because you truly are my idol. I follow your footsteps towards the highest art of lame trolling :)

Oh wow, the exclusive MG Banshee just proves how popular it is. Usually, it takes time before they release one, but they just did at the same time they announced the regular version.

Now I wish that MG Age-1 and friends can actually have LED units. I mean, it would be a waste just to have those clear green parts T_T

@casval cehack I have the feeling that the MG Assault Shroud will just do fine, even though I haven't had it in any form. My confidence came from the fact that it doesn't look back heavy. Besides, if it had problems in the past, I have the feeling that Bandai will be able to fix it this time.

casval cehack 2012-01-25 06:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by maknaedik (Post 3967067)
@casval cehack I have the feeling that the MG Assault Shroud will just do fine, even though I haven't had it in any form. My confidence came from the fact that it doesn't look back heavy. Besides, if it had problems in the past, I have the feeling that Bandai will be able to fix it this time.

I guess some future promo photos of the actual MG will show it standing fine. I slightly prefer posing my gunpla without stands.

I'm currently building the HG Age-2. Bandai removed the extra red feet parts shown in the preview runners. But those four shoulder pegs are begging for mods; I'm thinking putting 00's GN Drives (Quad Drive Age-2) or Strike Freedom's wings (DFF Age-2).

duotiga 2012-01-25 07:39

RG RX-178 MK II preview

http://i.imgur.com/dv9lE.jpg

RG Skygrasper
http://i.imgur.com/pKcZX.jpg

Sir Dearka 2012-01-25 08:18

That RG Skygrasper looks just sweet!

Quote:

Originally Posted by casval cehack (Post 3966633)
I see. I was thinking that the Assualt Shroud made the Duel unstable that it will need a stand when released, since the plain Duel was standing just fine as a prototype. I remember my old MSiA Duel Assault Shroud was a little unstable too.

My HG 1/100 Duel Gundam Assault Shroud stands just fine. No balance problems there :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...1-12002200.jpg

maknaedik 2012-01-25 08:32

That RG Skygrasper loooooooks AWESOME! I hope it'll have an MG form :P

duotiga 2012-01-25 08:48

Feb-Apr wld be a huge wallet sucking mth....

casval cehack 2012-01-25 09:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 3967455)
RG RX-178 MK II preview

http://i.imgur.com/dv9lE.jpg

RG Skygrasper
http://i.imgur.com/pKcZX.jpg

Looks like flexible tubes are in for the Mk. II backpack, kinda first for a RG. Which one is not the Bandai Online exclusive, the Titan's version?

The RG Skygrasper do look awesome, but I'm more excited for the RG Super Strike with all those packs.

@Sir Dearka - Thanks, that's assuring.:D

duotiga 2012-01-25 09:30

definitely buying of means of doing this ^^

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...uperstrike.jpg

casval cehack 2012-01-25 09:37

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/5873/sstriker.jpg
more here -> http://www.gunjap.net/site/?p=12904

Someone already did it using HG parts. Now imagine those packs in RG detail...

firefox 2012-01-25 10:34

A question for all you model junkies.

With the upstart of 1/144 RG line which are very close to MG except in size, do you think this will affect MG releases in the future as MG moves more and more towards PG quality wise?

Bandia can't maintain every model line financially, eventually recession will come.

I see 3 scenarios:

a) MG will become more rare with only a few releases a year, RG will become standard mainline modeller grade, PG will become exstinct, HGUC will stop.

b) MG will continue normaly, RG will be slower and just replace HGUC as general fanline. HGUC will see alot less releases. PG will remain, but just 1 every 3-4 years.

c) RG will fail and stop, more MG will come (min 2 per month), HGUC will go more general then just UC. PG remains mistery.

I'm a 1/100 MG man myself, i bought a RG strike because i'm a strike fan, but now i hesitate to get a RG freedom. So do we jump on teh wagon of RG or not?

suiton629 2012-01-25 10:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by firefox (Post 3967678)
A question for all you model junkies.

With the upstart of 1/144 RG line which are very close to MG except in size, do you think this will affect MG releases in the future as MG moves more and more towards PG quality wise?

Bandia can't maintain every model line financially, eventually recession will come.

I see 3 scenarios:

a) MG will become more rare with only a few releases a year, RG will become standard mainline modeller grade, PG will become exstinct, HGUC will stop.

b) MG will continue normaly, RG will be slower and just replace HGUC as general fanline. HGUC will see alot less releases. PG will remain, but just 1 every 3-4 years.

c) RG will fail and stop, more MG will come (min 2 per month), HGUC will go more general then just UC. PG remains mistery.

I'm a 1/100 MG man myself, i bought a RG strike because i'm a strike fan, but now i hesitate to get a RG freedom. So do we jump on teh wagon of RG or not?

Or~

The Real Grade will replace the High Grade. High Grade kits IMO seem like a total waste. They're decent and you get what you paid for, but when there's a far better quality kit in the same scale (i.e. the Real Grade), why would you want to get the High Grade version...ya know?

I'm more MG or 1/100 NG myself, but if I had to choose, I'd say the HG line will die out in favor of the RG.

And MG kits are getting less and less in the GunPla community. I'd say that eventually Bandai is going to only do lead Gundams in MG.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2012-01-25 10:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by firefox (Post 3967678)
A question for all you model junkies.

With the upstart of 1/144 RG line which are very close to MG except in size, do you think this will affect MG releases in the future as MG moves more and more towards PG quality wise?

Bandia can't maintain every model line financially, eventually recession will come.

I see 3 scenarios:

a) MG will become more rare with only a few releases a year, RG will become standard mainline modeller grade, PG will become exstinct, HGUC will stop.

b) MG will continue normaly, RG will be slower and just replace HGUC as general fanline. HGUC will see alot less releases. PG will remain, but just 1 every 3-4 years.

c) RG will fail and stop, more MG will come (min 2 per month), HGUC will go more general then just UC. PG remains mistery.

I'm a 1/100 MG man myself, i bought a RG strike because i'm a strike fan, but now i hesitate to get a RG freedom. So do we jump on teh wagon of RG or not?

In my opinion, MG line will still be the primadonna of Gunpla since there are hordes of fans of MG in particular and fans of 1/100 scale in general. Also the MG quality is the most consistent compared to other lines such as HG 1/144, HG 1/100 (now apparently extinct) and PG.

Still, I can see that RGs will replace HGs to some degree. Thatís coz most of the 1/144 fans will choose to buy RGs. I can see that later on, popular Gundams & other mechas will be made into RGs while HG line will be for the more unpopular mechas such as GMs and other ugly grunts.

Chiu_fan 2012-01-25 11:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by firefox (Post 3967678)
A question for all you model junkies.

With the upstart of 1/144 RG line which are very close to MG except in size, do you think this will affect MG releases in the future as MG moves more and more towards PG quality wise?

Bandia can't maintain every model line financially, eventually recession will come.

I see 3 scenarios:

a) MG will become more rare with only a few releases a year, RG will become standard mainline modeller grade, PG will become exstinct, HGUC will stop.

b) MG will continue normaly, RG will be slower and just replace HGUC as general fanline. HGUC will see alot less releases. PG will remain, but just 1 every 3-4 years.

c) RG will fail and stop, more MG will come (min 2 per month), HGUC will go more general then just UC. PG remains mistery.

The way I see it; MG's will still continue normally as will RG's and HGUC's, though I still wish that they would expand it to other Gundam series like W and more X.

evolution_ayu 2012-01-25 11:06

Just completed my MG Wing Zero Custom.

http://playevolution.files.wordpress...wall.jpg?w=510

http://playevolution.files.wordpress...copy.jpg?w=510


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:34.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.