AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

philmein 2007-02-27 22:43

Anyone here own the MG Nu Gundam?
I was curious to know how they like it.
What are the pros/cons?
I know on Dalong's that it scored a 97 which is great but I couldn't read the explicit details mentioned.

dj898 2007-02-27 23:51

ok... straight from horse's mouth - I mean dalong.net ^__^

Dalong Point - 97 pts

Seam Line - Head. And did I say Head?
Poseability - less than stellar with legs but overall excellent
Joints - One of the best in the MG line up except its fingers
Inner Frame - Beginning of full body inner frame
Options - Excellent
Parts No. - 421 parts
Overall Impression - Amuro's last MS. One of best joint, best proportion (not its head) and best action pose.

philmein 2007-02-28 01:28

Thanks dood.

I may actually buying this.

Deus EpS Machina 2007-02-28 06:20

Updates Galore~
...well no, the usual

Quote:

From The Gundam Base.Side 1:
MG Strike Noir
HGUC Gelgoog/Gelgoog Cannon
HGUC Blue Destiny Unit 2
HCM-Pro Gundam Ground-Type
HCM-Pro Gelgoog (Kuspen version) + HCM-Pro Gelgoog (MS IGLOO version)
HCM-Pro Freedom Gundam
EX Model Hildolfr
HG SEED Destiny kits (clear versions)
1/100 Akatsuki Full Set
MG Strike Noir
as i thought...mainly the same deal as the MG Strike with new armour...still this looks like a winner. Also, it just me or do those arms not flex as much as the MG Strike's did...in any case...this is a must-get

1/100 Akatsuki
This too looks rather nice...if only it wasnt so damned expensive...

HMC Pro Freedom
THIS is very interesting...take a look at This image...isnt this exposed area under the cockpit exactly where...*best left for another thread i think*

duotiga 2007-02-28 09:08

i am getting the strike noir also....so is akatsuki :D

LoweGear 2007-02-28 10:08

*gasps for air at seeing Strike Noir boxart*

THAT is the most AWESOME MG Boxart EVER O_O

Of course, it graces a kit that's just as awesome, even if it isn't 100% original like I would hope. But it is a beautiful kit XD

justsomeguy 2007-02-28 11:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by EZNic (Post 846944)
Screw driver tips get wore out too not just screws. Using the incorrect screw drivers on screws will also damage them too. so just because they got the job done before doesn't mean they can get the same job done again.

if it's the correct size, you wouldn't wore out the screw head even if you forcefully try to turn it on. this is of course base on the user using the screw driver correcty by inserting even force on the screw head while turning and not just turning without inserting enough force for the screw head and the screw driver tip to mate correctly.

The reason I said hobby shops is because normal hardware stores wouldn't have those tiny screws since 99.9999999% of their customers wouldn't need to buy them for their job. you can also try radio shack and maybe some computer stores since they might have similar screws used on mounting drives or small fans.

I can assure you that the screw driver tip is not worn out.
Thanks for the tip on Radioshack. I hadn't thought of that.

Fome 2007-02-28 12:36

The strike noir looks quite cool. I especially love the noir pack, but I have a few complaints.

The gold triangles on each shoulder look like they will be stickers. I really wish they would actually have a separate gold piece underneath that shows through triangular holes, but alas, I'm fairly certain this won't happen.

Those monochromatic pistols and ball-pivot turrets are going to look horrible if not panel-lined properly. The pistols in particular look like they're made from just three pieces--right side, left side, handle. If they just had even one extra piece in a different shade of grey, they would look significantly better.

Meehlimo 2007-02-28 14:20

If i have any complaint about the awsomeness of the MG strike noir its that it still has the orginal strikes hands instead of the new 2.0 peg hands which imo should be standard on all new kits.we really dont need the 200 diff hands it comes with just 1 multi use set anyone agree?

Fome 2007-02-28 14:39

I personally like the multiple hands better. You get cooler looking finger poses with those. The multi-purpose hand always looks somewhat curled up.

LoweGear 2007-02-28 16:50

In terms of playability the multiarticulated-hands are better, however the fixed posed hands not only look better, they're also much sturdier, and you get to have fingers posed in ways you can't do with the current limited articulation of the poseable hands. Sure the lack of a Ver. 2.0 wrist joint is disconcerting, but it's not like you're gonna make the Noir do handstands or katas all the time (unless that's what you're after). Anyways, B-Club's bound to make fixed pose hand sets for the Noir anyway, so it's no big loss.

IMHO, unless the model has incredibly big hands (MG Rick Dias and PG's), fixed pose hands are much better on most models.

DarkWarrior 2007-02-28 18:29

IIRC, the original Strike frame doesn't even have pegs on the hands, so I guess it's a good thing they decided to go with fixed posed hands which can hold the weapons properly.

And the model looks pretty good overall, but I'm disappointed by the lack of a stand (It's the most expensive Strike variant so far too..).

kct 2007-02-28 18:55

...I don't know, but giving it a movable waist is the final nail to me...

EZNic 2007-02-28 20:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkWarrior (Post 847797)
And the model looks pretty good overall, but I'm disappointed by the lack of a stand (It's the most expensive Strike variant so far too..).

it includes a gundam action base stand as shown in the pics.:)

Shinji103 2007-02-28 20:23

Personally, I like the fixed hands better for stability as well.

Akyra 2007-02-28 23:27

Question, how do you guys panelline your gunpla? Like what sort of pens do you guys use? Can you actually use the Artline range to do the job?

LoweGear 2007-02-28 23:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by EZNic (Post 847875)
it includes a gundam action base stand as shown in the pics.:)

I'm not so sure about that. In their HGUC Blue Destiny pics they also have the Blue Destiny on an Action Base :twitch:

It'll be good if they did include an action base, but let's not jump to conclusions just yet.

DarkWarrior 2007-03-01 00:00

Yup, Gundam Base uses the Action Base often to do some dynamic poses for its promo pictures. Just because it's shown in the picture doesn't mean it'll be included.

And if there was any lingering doubt, Bandai's Hobby Site pretty much confirms that no stand of any kind will be included.

Edit: Wait, what the hell..? According to Bandai's site, the Zeta recolor is due out March? Huh...

LoweGear 2007-03-01 00:23

LOL @ Bandai Hobby's description on MG Strike Noir:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bandai Hobby
DESCRIPTION

★ Introducing Strike Noir Gundam featured in the GUNDAM SEED STARGAZER from the Master Grade series.
★ Appearance and specification are totally recreated.
★ Based on MG Strike Freedom, with new parts and inner mechanics.
★ The wings are installed with new spreading gimmicks.
★ Hand gun, giant sword, and rifles can be held in the wrists with snapping functions.
★ The shoulder armor can rotate and open, and thigh armors can be slided to show the inner mechanism from the openings.
★ Hand gun (for side armor), giant sword, duel beam rifle, wrists, gun-holding wrists, and hands are included.

I'm thinking someone was thinking of Strike Freedom too much when they wrote this...

Akyra 2007-03-01 03:08

According to their Jap site, they are re-releasing the old 1/60 Gouf and Doms, but they didn't mention anything about that on the Eng site...

kct 2007-03-01 03:10

LoweGear: Well, in terms of technologies applied to the MG Strike Freedom, that is. Seems like the swivel waist is one of them...and we expect to see more once it is released.

LoweGear 2007-03-01 03:16

Swivel waist?

I don't see it in the GBase pics...

kct 2007-03-01 05:17

First pic after the box art.

duotiga 2007-03-01 07:31

according to Gunota

Upcoming merchandise
From Hobby Shop Midori:
MG Zeta Gundam (White Unicorn color ver.) - March, limited production
HGUC Acguy - April, 1,470 yen

Also up is info for MG Countdown 100: August of this year will see the sale of the 100th Master Grade item since the MG line first appeared with the RX-78 Gundam in July 1995. When you buy a MG from a participating shop, you get a 36-page, full color book which contains a development history & main selling points of the MG MS-06J Ver. 2.0, a How To portion for simple finishing (beginner/minor pro), and an introduction to the 99 MG items paving the way for the MG Countdown 100. The book is Bandai's first step in commemorating the 100th Master Grade.

http://www.hobby-midori.com/img/hbjilyouhou/pn-0714.JPG

Meehlimo 2007-03-01 07:36

Wow that dont look bad at all dont know y ppl are complaining.,,

JackRydden224 2007-03-01 09:40

What's next? The Red Snake from Gundam Evolve 9?

If you look at this from another perspective, at least we are not getting a recolor for the 100th MG ;)

The 100th MG will probably be another version of the RX-78-2, all of you know it as well as I do. We can hope for something else, such as V2 AB but deep down in everyone of us we know that it will be the white devil..again.

duotiga 2007-03-01 10:15

For the 100th MG my prediction will be
1. another RX-78-2 ver 2.0?
2. Destiny Gundam
3. Stargazer with lighting?

justsomeguy 2007-03-01 11:10

What exactly does Bandai have against Justice and Infinite Justice? Heck, Athrun's always kicking more ass in cooler ways than Kira. The MG Freedom needs its counterpart!

Deus EpS Machina 2007-03-01 11:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by justsomeguy (Post 848499)
What exactly does Bandai have against Justice and Infinite Justice? Heck, Athrun's always kicking more ass in cooler ways than Kira. The MG Freedom needs its counterpart!

as much as id love to see one IJ...it will never happen

LightningZERO 2007-03-01 12:06

100th MG must be some very famous Gundam to represent the franchise, I guess RX-78-2

Fome 2007-03-01 13:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deus EpS Machina (Post 848526)
as much as id love to see one IJ...it will never happen

I'm just wondering what makes you think so. After all, they may release the Destiny Gundam pretty soon, why not the Infinite Justice?

Meehlimo 2007-03-01 13:29

I agree its very possible they maye release a IJ in the near future for a few reason 1 the movie will be coming out within a year or so and 2 the internal frame from SF can be mostlikly modified to house the armor of IJ.
And i for one want a destiny very much granted i hate shin just cuz of his character but his gundam rocked.

Shinji103 2007-03-01 13:46

My predictions for the 100th MG:

As stated aboce, a Version 2.0 of the RX-78-2.
The Victory Gundam or V2 Gundam.

Can't really think of anything else that would really fit for the titel of "100th MG".

DarkWarrior 2007-03-01 14:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meehlimo (Post 848599)
I agree its very possible they maye release a IJ in the near future for a few reason 1 the movie will be coming out within a year or so and 2 the internal frame from SF can be mostlikly modified to house the armor of IJ.
And i for one want a destiny very much granted i hate shin just cuz of his character but his gundam rocked.

You can bet on new mobile suits for the movie, so there's even less reason for them to make a MG I-Justice. We got 7 model kits from the short 45 minute Stargazer, so there's just no way in hell that Bandai won't also cash in on this movie (if it ever comes out).

EZNic 2007-03-01 14:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkWarrior (Post 848053)
Yup, Gundam Base uses the Action Base often to do some dynamic poses for its promo pictures. Just because it's shown in the picture doesn't mean it'll be included.

And if there was any lingering doubt, Bandai's Hobby Site pretty much confirms that no stand of any kind will be included.

Edit: Wait, what the hell..? According to Bandai's site, the Zeta recolor is due out March? Huh...

no where did Bandai's Hobby Site confirm anything about no stand for the MG strike noir. it wasn't on the english page or their japanese page.

if I were to base it sololy on Bandai Hobby's description then MG Strike Freedom does not include a stand ( which it does) and the soon to be out Zeta 3 wont be including a stand either ( which it will).

I didn't just said it will include a stand just because they show a stand in a pic from gundam base. I also looked at the pricing of 4,500 yen. a gundam action base cost around 500 yen. so if you subtract that you'll get 4000 yen. A MG strike gundam aile/ rouge/ iwsp is all around 4000yen. so you see where i'm going with this? even if they don't include a gundam action base stand, they will still somehow include a basic stand.

OmegaZEROCustom 2007-03-01 14:40

While I wouldn't expect it to happen, the Turn-A seems like a good candidate for the 100th MG.

Either that, or give us all this build up, and then give us something like a Leo or a Death Army...

Fome 2007-03-01 14:49

MG Devil Gundam would be the shit, despite how bad the series was.

Shinji103 2007-03-01 16:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by OmegaZEROCustom (Post 848656)
Either that, or give us all this build up, and then give us something like a Leo or a Death Army...

Bandai would never do that, not in a million years, lol.

As much as the Turn A would fit the title since it also commemorated Gundam's 20th year, I don't see it being the 100th MG. The Turn A's design may have grown on fans, but there are still lots of people who think Turn A designs suck. Bandai is more likely to choose something with more overall popularity. It would be nice to be pleasantly surprised, though. :)

Deus EpS Machina 2007-03-01 16:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fome (Post 848590)
I'm just wondering what makes you think so. After all, they may release the Destiny Gundam pretty soon, why not the Infinite Justice?

what makes you think they would? Its not a main gundam, nor did Athrun use it much at all (3 episodes iirc). The MG line is reserved for stuff that really sold well as HGs and 1/100s. If i didnt happen for Justice, whatmakes you think IJ will get a MG and Justice was even on-screen for quite a while.

Destiny is going to be a MG cuz its the title mech..barring Strike Freedom...and its been hinted at being released, not to mention it was the most popular/best-selling 1/100 GSD kit.

Fome 2007-03-01 17:20

Well, I still wouldn't completely rule it out. After all, they did make a MG Gundam Spiegel.