AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Light Novels (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=157)
-   -   (L) Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry [Light Novel] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=125508)

Amario 2014-04-14 05:35

Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry [Light Novel]

http://i.imgur.com/F0UozQl.jpg

Original Title : 落第騎士の英雄譚
Alternative Title: Rakudai Kishi no Eiyuutan/ Tale of Worst One/ The Chivalry of a Failed Knight
Author : Tao Noritake (田尾典丈)
Manga Artist : Soramichi Megumu
Novel Illustrator : Won (をん)
Publisher : GA Bunko
Status for Novel : 4 on-going

Quote:

In an era where one’s soul can be morphed into a weapon, there are modern day magicians called ‘Mage-knights’. Kurogane Ikki, labelled as the <Failure Knight/Worst One> is a student with particularly no talent in magic attends an institution that trains Mage-knights. Getting way less than average marks in the scorings, he was forced to repeat a year. But with the arrival of a new chairman (or was it principle?) of the institution, a new rule was created, that compatible knights (ability wise) decided by the board must share rooms and attend practice/training together throughout the school years to bring up their abilities to the max. A rule to implement the absolute verdict of ability.

By a weird (or rather expectable) turn of events, Ikki’s roommate turns out to be a princess of another foreign country called Stella Vermillion. Stella is a <Rank A> knight and a genius in magic who is said to only appear in a decade. ‘Walking in on her’ while she was changing her clothes caused a huge misunderstanding (since none of the sides yet knew of the new rule) which eventually ended up in a duel between the two of them. The punishment (or rather, the prize) of the loosing side is ‘Eternal Submission’ to the winning side.

The story centers around Stella and Ikki’s cohabitation. Developments and failures, all the while their relationship turns sweeter and sweeter.
Volume Covers

Kirihara_R 2014-04-14 05:38

lol finally , ( weird I thought cloud will pick this one )

of course , chapter 1 is great .:)

Alesio33 2014-04-14 05:39

Who won the duel?

Amario 2014-04-14 05:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirihara_R (Post 5083312)
lol finally , ( weird I thought cloud will pick this one )

of course , chapter 1 is great .:)

cloud was looking for TL for it, but well Underdog managed to get one before he did.
He blames me partially. :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alesio33 (Post 5083313)
Who won the duel?

Ikki.

setsuna86 2014-04-14 05:46

Looks interesting. But... why are her knee socks torn on all the covers?

By the way, when will the TL begin on BT?

vlade 2014-04-14 05:49

question is this gonna become another dense MC or normal harem

G0rd0 2014-04-14 05:52

First chapter was great the mc is really cool.

maniac88 2014-04-14 05:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by setsuna86 (Post 5083319)
Looks interesting. But... why are her knee socks torn on all the covers?

By the way, when will the TL begin on BT?

most likely they are talking about TL-ing the manga,,
you are interested TL-ing this too setsuna?

edit : there should be a synopsis in BT forums if you are interested.

Avaricia 2014-04-14 05:59

Typical weakest boy defeating strongest girl. The originality is VERY weak in this one.

chancs 2014-04-14 06:29

currently reading ch 1. thank u for the introduction.

ImperialFlameGod8190 2014-04-14 06:34

Its about as clichéd as it gets. its Gakuen Toshi Asterik all over again mixed with STnBD
1. Red-headed lead who gets in an awkward situation with MC challenges MC to a duel
2. Most believe red head will easily win but its not quite true.
3. MC is actually very strong and beats MC
Later on I bet girls will flock to MC as well and that creates the harem.

setsuna86 2014-04-14 06:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by maniac88 (Post 5083334)
most likely they are talking about TL-ing the manga,,
you are interested TL-ing this too setsuna?

edit : there should be a synopsis in BT forums if you are interested.

For the time being, I already have Madan and Gakusen which I translate. And I said that my limit is three series. So I'm looking for another serie to translate. There are already two propositions. Regarding that, look for the details in my blog.

OtakuFreak88 2014-04-14 06:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amario (Post 5083308)
The story centers around Stella and Ikki’s cohabitation. Developments and failures, all the while their relationship turns sweeter and sweeter.

Definitely a must read for me:D
I remember someone considered translating this 1 like a year ago, or so. Looks like it was adapted into manga as well, how sweet:)

nacer666 2014-04-14 09:53

The covers are STB style.

cloud04 2014-04-14 10:38

its the 75% dere 25% tsun ratio LOL and yea i blame amario haha XD although idm since its a friend of mine who's doing the series

XFire 2014-04-14 10:55

So the MC can apparently multiply his physical abilities for a limited time. Sounds a lot like Ayato from Gakusen.

BW95 2014-04-14 10:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by XFire (Post 5083593)
So the MC can apparently multiply his physical abilities for a limited time. Sounds a lot like Ayato from Gakusen.

Is that supposed to be impressive? The limited is a real turn off.

First chapter's out!

Protagonist looks good. He walks in on the heroine naked and DOES NOT have the "usual" reaction like most harem MCs. Instead, he decides to get naked too for the sake of fairness. No blushing, thank God.

XFire 2014-04-14 11:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by BW95 (Post 5083602)
Is that supposed to be impressive? The limited is a real turn off.

First chapter's out!

Well, he needs some kind of disadvantage.

That said, all it does is give him the ability to damage people whose aura is too high for his normal strength. He actually beat her by using her own sword skills against her, but couldn't slice through her shield.

BW95 2014-04-14 11:09

Weakest beating the strongest. This guy sounds like Touma.

Riki 2014-04-14 11:20

Warning: The sister in this novel is yandere(almost Yuno class) please steel yourself before attempting this book.

Thank you for reading.