AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

suiton629 2011-09-27 09:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3782048)
you cant win, anyway. as far as i know you are not from one of the few countries that can take part in the contest :P

What do you mean I'm not from a country that can take part in the contest?

o_O

http://www.bandai-asia.com/gundaminf...andai_code.php

"3. This campaign is only available for below countries: Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, Australia, USA, Canada, Italy"

If I did not live in a country that did this, why would I have gone to Gundam Guy and purchased quite a few kits from him that had those serial numbers on the cards?

BAKA!!!

Appel 2011-09-27 09:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3782081)

o_O

"3. This campaign is only available for below countries: Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, Australia, USA, Canada, Italy"

oh i didnt know that it works for the USA, too! :O
i feel left out... i still dont get why italy is the only european country in that list.

suiton629 2011-09-27 09:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3782085)
oh i didnt know that it works for the USA, too! :O
i feel left out... i still dont get why italy is the only european country in that list.

Why? Well that's because that's what they wanted to do? They don't have to hold this contest thing at all you know... But they did, and they made it special for whatever countries they wanted to...or maybe felt that those countries would be more profitable to them in the long run.

:heh::heh::heh:

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2011-09-27 09:48

Quote:

Wow, I'm kinda surprised that they mention Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia and Philippines. Southeast Asia must be a great market for Bandai. :D

@Appel
Yeah, it seems that the folks in Europe are left out though. Hei App, how exactly popular is Bandai's product (specially Gunpla) in your country?

suiton629 2011-09-27 09:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 3782092)
Wow, I'm kinda surprised that they mention Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia and Philippines. Southeast Asia must be a great market for Bandai. :D

Hm... I'm not too surprised. Go snoop around on YouTube and you will find a lot of people from Southeast Asia doing GunPla unboxings, reviews, etc. I've seen some video recording their shopping trip to a GunPla store.

A lot of times, Southeastern Asian countries somehow get Bandai GunPla kits before Japan does.... Who knows, eh? LOL

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2011-09-27 09:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3782095)
Hm... I'm not too surprised. Go snoop around on YouTube and you will find a lot of people from Southeast Asia doing GunPla unboxings, reviews, etc. I've seen some video recording their shopping trip to a GunPla store.

A lot of times, Southeastern Asian countries somehow get Bandai GunPla kits before Japan does.... Who knows, eh? LOL

Yeah, but I thought those things are not exclusively done by Southeast Asia people. I thought many gunpla modellers around the world are doin' that too, or was I wrong? So yeah, when Bandai specially mention the big 4 countries of SE Asia and only mention few other countries, I surprised a little. :D

I mean, they don't even mention China, right?

Appel 2011-09-27 10:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 3782092)
Hei App, how exactly popular is Bandai's product (specially Gunpla) in your country?

their regular products that they actually sell here themselves are moderately popular. they are a toy maker like any other over here :P
but gunpla isnt popular here at all. you barely see any kits in stores, i have found ONE store that had a hand full of HGs, thats it.
you dont find a lot on ebay, too for example. and i dont know anyone who actively collects it.
there is a german gundam forum but its pretty much deserted :P

Skane 2011-09-27 10:03

Although a niche market, Gundam does thrive in Singapore. We do actually have dedicated shops that sell nothing but Gundam (and the accessories) over here.

Cheers.

suiton629 2011-09-27 10:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 3782102)
Yeah, but I thought those things are not exclusively done by Southeast Asia people. I thought many gunpla modellers around the world are doin' that too, or was I wrong? So yeah, when Bandai specially mention the big 4 countries of SE Asia and only mention few other countries, I surprised a little. :D

lolololo

:heh::heh::heh::heh:

I don't really care thought since the US is part of this promotion/contest thing and I entered a bunch of codes.

;)

Maybe I will win...maybe not. But either way, I have a few chances to win.

I think I might hold my own contest if I get these kits from this contest...and do it on YouTube.

=P

I wonder if people will actually submit a video.
I'd probably do like a video asking you to show me your GunPla Fan spirit (for lack of a better term) and convince me why I should give away a kit or 2 to you.

Something along those lines...

And then maybe trade a few kits for others with Gundam Guy or just sell on Amazon....bwahahahahah!

Oh the choices~

But I gotta win first so uh... FML :frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated:

suiton629 2011-09-27 10:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skane (Post 3782104)
Although a niche market, Gundam does thrive in Singapore. We do actually have dedicated shops that sell nothing but Gundam (and the accessories) over here.

Cheers.

Lucky~ There are a lot of places that do that, but being me... I shop exclusively online for basically everything.

I guess Amazon spoiled me with their no tax and the free 2 day shipping on as many things I want on eligible items through Amazon's "Prime" series which I pay $79 per year. :heh::heh:

And I've saved quite a bit of money, even though I had to deal with some issues with items arriving damaged, customer service being shitty, and people lying about the condition of the items they sold...

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2011-09-27 10:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3782108)
even though I had to deal with some issues with items arriving damaged, customer service being shitty, and people lying about the condition of the items they sold...

Isn't that kinda bad? :heh:.Still, considering the amount of money that you manage to save, those are not really matters I guess. :)

suiton629 2011-09-27 10:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 3782116)
Isn't that kinda bad? :heh:.Still, considering the amount of money that you manage to save, those are not really matters I guess. :)

Yea. It is bad. Which is why each time I actually experience this annoyance, I contact Amazon about it and let them know about it.

So like if it's damaged, and I decide to keep it (i.e. not damage beyond the point of use), they will give me a small refund. But this is only if it's sold directly by Amazon.

And then if it's from a seller, and they (for example) sell me something "new" but it's not new when I receive it and maybe sometimes damage, I can file an "A-Z Claim" against that seller and get a 100% refund back, and I can keep the item too. =P

But I try not to abuse this customer service system too much since it's mean... But the thing that ticks me off is how I've noticed a huge trend where the customer service reps on Amazon usually suck ass... And I'm not kidding.

Some don't understand English, some just give me automated style responses, etc.

But I deal with it and do what I can.

pumpkins 2011-09-27 10:41

Quote:

o_O

If I did not live in a country that did this, why would I have gone to Gundam Guy and purchased quite a few kits from him that had those serial numbers on the cards?

BAKA!!!

the only thing you cant win is the gundam.info document folder.. lol, not as if you're just aiming for that. :)

i was walking past this store the other day and i saw stacks of kits with the lucky draw sticker on the box with the card inside. such a pity that those cards will be useless in a days time. :eyespin::eyespin::eyespin:

suiton629 2011-09-27 10:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by pumpkins (Post 3782153)
the only thing you cant win is the gundam.info document folder.. lol, not as if you're just aiming for that. :)

i was walking past this store the other day and i saw stacks of kits with the lucky draw sticker on the box with the card inside. such a pity that those cards will be useless in a days time. :eyespin::eyespin::eyespin:

Yup~ And why the heck would I want that? LOLOLOLOL

GameraBaenre 2011-09-27 12:29

Hmm give away cards... like these?

:P

suiton629 2011-09-27 12:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by GameraBaenre (Post 3782288)

YESSSS

Give me the codes, please o_O

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2011-09-27 12:44

WOW! With that amount of cards, I think you'll definitely gonna win something. Maybe even not just one price (is that even possible?).

Appel 2011-09-27 12:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 3782305)
WOW! With that amount of cards, I think you'll definitely gonna win something. Maybe even not just one price (is that even possible?).

why shouldnt it be possible? ever ticket is eligible to win so if you have two cards that give you the PG prize pack then you should be able to get it twice (and give one to me)^^

edit: HA! one of the shops where you can TT Hongli knock offs got their paypal account suspended^^ what did they do about it? make a new website with a slightly different logo... why is this so amusing to me? :P

pumpkins 2011-09-27 21:21

http://www.gunjap.net/site/wp-conten...11/09/2357.jpg
http://www.gunjap.net/site/?p=31273

looks pretty cute! i'm sure bandai will make an official version of this soon. :)

GN0010 Nosferatu 2011-09-27 21:25

I think they already are. I could of sworn I've seen an official AGE-1 and Gafran before.