AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Shana (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 8 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=58266)

Klashikari 2007-11-22 00:16

Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 8 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Shakugan no Shana II, Episode 8.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    http://forums.animesuki.com/images/a...al/spoiler.gifJust highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    http://forums.animesuki.com/images/a...ons/report.gifClick the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

minhtam1638 2007-11-22 00:17

Wait, 8 out and 7 still not subbed? What a surprise!

teachopvutru 2007-11-22 01:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by minhtam2448 (Post 1265565)
Wait, 8 out and 7 still not subbed? What a surprise!

Yea, usually I don't see SS-Eclipse delay their release like that unless it's their side projects. What's more is even the other joint group, Ayako-YM delays their release. It could be a coincidence but I wonder if it has anything to do about about that... (nah, I'll stop here, don't wanna fire up another off-topic discussion)

serenade_beta 2007-11-22 05:22

Expectations:

Something worth talking about, perhaps... -_-

And with this episode, marks 8 episodes... -_-

It looks like this episode could be interesting, at least.

UltimaWolf 2007-11-22 05:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by serenade_beta (Post 1265840)
Expectations:

Something worth talking about, perhaps... -_-

And with this episode, marks 8 episodes... -_-

It looks like this episode could be interesting, at least.

Lets hope for the best! :D

GoldAlchemist 2007-11-22 09:13

Hopefully. We've been getting too much slice-of-life so far in this series, which i totally didn't anticipate at first. Not that it's bad or anything, but come on, this is Shana, not ARIA. :(

rimaa 2007-11-22 10:36

i always thought the delays were due to the fact that its thanksgiving week, happy thanksgiving everyone!

ashlay 2007-11-22 12:36

alright, episodes has aired.

starts right off with a Silver flashback again. glad to see they threw in the creepiness more (ugh head impalement and explosion). Also a nice reminder for why Margery is always drinking so much.

I think people who have been asking for fights and Guze plot development are going to be largely pleased with this episode. Pheles name finally gets dropped, and Wilhelmina leaves. (afraid we're never going to get to see Wilhelmina sad and drunk. what a shame.) And Margery's flashback opens with a good 2+ minute fight sequence. It's also nice to see more Sydonay vs. Margery, and to get a better sense of the Flame Haze community (it might only be 2 more appearing, but again, nice to see there's more than 4 of them :rolleyes:)

anyway, next week should wrap up this flashback story, and then Sato will probably stop asking to be a flame haze.

piku 2007-11-22 14:52

nice script but quite debatable drawing in this episode...

so exciting to see battle scenes again. and so exciting for margery's nude body :p

and I hope wilhelmina will not appear on TV again this trip... where will she go? seems no record about this situation in the original novel...

Devard 2007-11-22 15:39

This episode was really good. I actually went in thinking that the story would be wrapped up in one episode so it really seemed like they were dragging things on and on for no good reason...but I guess I was wrong. ;) I rather liked the music they were playing at the end.

Quote:

Originally Posted by piku (Post 1266283)
nice script but quite debatable drawing in this episode...

I didn't see any problems personally, but to each his own. :)

Shiroth 2007-11-22 15:42

As expected, episode 08 delivered, being one of the best Shakugan no Shana episodes (not counting the movie) that i've seen upto now. Just from the opening scene alone you can tell they've been keeping back on the animation for second season until now --- the whole episode is one beautiful watch.

& what makes this even better,
Spoiler:

Kyuusaisha 2007-11-22 16:58

I think the reason the subs haven't been released is because they got fed up with the shit that was the previous episodes, anyway I watched this one and it seems like it's alot better than the earlier ones.

Spending episodes 3-7 just about Shana and Yoshida being jealous is ridiculous. I think it's possible they used that because of wanting to milk more money out of the series as it's possible now to make this one end on a cliffhanger without slowing things down too much.

Aquifina 2007-11-22 17:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashlay (Post 1266161)
alright, episodes has aired.

starts right off with a Silver flashback again. glad to see they threw in the creepiness more (ugh head impalement and explosion). Also a nice reminder for why Margery is always drinking so much.

I think people who have been asking for fights and Guze plot development are going to be largely pleased with this episode. Pheles name finally gets dropped, and Wilhelmina leaves. (afraid we're never going to get to see Wilhelmina sad and drunk. what a shame.) And Margery's flashback opens with a good 2+ minute fight sequence. It's also nice to see more Sydonay vs. Margery, and to get a better sense of the Flame Haze community (it might only be 2 more appearing, but again, nice to see there's more than 4 of them :rolleyes:)

anyway, next week should wrap up this flashback story, and then Sato will probably stop asking to be a flame haze.

What a relief... This arc is maybe two or three eps overdue. It gives me something to look forward to.

akitakumi 2007-11-22 17:11

omg episode 8 already out!! but episode 7 still hasnt sub yet??

teachopvutru 2007-11-22 18:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyuusaisha (Post 1266395)
I think the reason the subs haven't been released is because they got fed up with the shit that was the previous episodes.

That's a possibility although I quite doubt it :rolleyes:

Quote:

Spending episodes 3-7 just about Shana and Yoshida being jealous is ridiculous.
I thought their jealously end at episode 6 and it started at episode 4...

Anyway, look like this episode will be a good one but, still waiting for episode 7 to be subbed...

Tokkan 2007-11-22 18:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiachopvutru (Post 1266459)

No, you're right, there was no focus on Yoshida and Shana in episode 7. It was just a funny episode.

serenade_beta 2007-11-22 20:18

Spoiler for ep8 thoughts:

Xellos-_^ 2007-11-23 00:17

+5 for non slice of life/harem ep
+2 for Magery fanservice :D
+1 for a creepy flashback of the Silver Guze

Kyuusaisha 2007-11-23 03:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiachopvutru (Post 1266459)
That's a possibility although I quite doubt it :rolleyes:

Anyway, look like this episode will be a good one but, still waiting for episode 7 to be subbed...

True it ended at 6 and started at 4 but they could've finished it at 5 aswell, and they didn't so I'm just so happy that we actually got a non-shitty episode for once.

Kinny Riddle 2007-11-23 10:44

Compared to the last few weeks, this episode isn't too bad, considering it's actually straight from one of the side stories from "Volume S" of the novel, which contains most of the side stories written by series author Takahashi Yashiro himself.

Margery's past is definitely interesting, though we only get a glimpse of her ordeal with "Silver", which is only shown briefly in the beginning.

She probably planned on taking her "revenge" on a group of humans (whatever grievance they have caused her. But "Silver" got them before she could. Technically this means "Silver" has avenged Margery's grievance on her behalf, but Margery is less than pleased to see her pleasure of exacting revenge being brutally taken away from her, hence her continuation of her grudge, this time on "Silver" himself.

Sydonay at this time is still slacking off from his Bal Masque duties, instead working part time as a bodyguard-for-hire for Denizens of different fetishes. It wasn't until he stuck his hand inside Yuji (and the Sydonay x Yuji yaoi joke this inspired in the Shana-tan special) and discovered the Reiji Maigo that he returned to his original post as the "General" of Bal Basque.

Spoiler for Off-topic stuff about Hino Satoshi (Yuji):

That Yuri boy (No! I don't mean he's a "yuri" fanboy, I mean "Yuri" as in his Slavic-sounding name. lol ) who became Flame Haze definitely throws my theory that Crimson Lords only make contracts with people with a large PoE amount out of the window. Oh well, maybe Takahashi has created a plothole for himself.

Though it's still consistent with Crimson Lords seeking out humans who have a grudge with Denizens, this leads to undesirable side-effects like the Flame Haze's lingering human emotions, as seen with Yuri's mood. This is the main reason why Alastor and Wilhelmina raised Shana without her having any grudge against anything.

Finally, an important name being uttered by Wilhelmina - Pheles - causing Wilhelmina to go on another journey.