AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) Girls und Panzer (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=112312)

Flower 2012-05-17 12:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midonin (Post 4164278)
So it's less Upotte and more So Ra no Wo To.

Which is still a pretty big compliment to be paid in terms of things to be compared to.

Hmm ... well, that's a little better I guess. Maybe I will just prick my ears up on this one then. :)

SaintessHeart 2012-05-17 12:19

Pantsu or Panzer?

Or Pantsu on a Panzer?

Ok now where is the Tron? :heh:

TurkeyPotPie 2012-05-17 12:22

Bah, it's moe schoolgirls complete with shining eyes instead of anthropomorphized tanks. If it's anything like Sora no Woto (painfully boring to me) I'll pass.

Bonta Kun 2012-05-17 12:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako (Post 4164474)
Well, we've had guns, now comes tanks. Planes and subs are the obvious next step, unless you want to go with ballistic missiles.

I think Strike Witches would be our "planes"(altho persoanlly would like to see another different take on planes and with modern day planes) and there is a manga series that deals with Naval warfare, altho slightly more mature than what we usually get.

You know whats a pity here is the main character designs are bland and well pretty generic, I would have much prefered some of the girls in the uniforms that were lined up at the start of the PV.
They were all alot better looking and more diverse in character design compared to what we got.

I feel like getting the models of the tanks now, haven't actually got any WWII tank models yet.
Oddly enough depsite love for WWII stuff, the models never tickled my fancy.
But seeing the Pink Lee makes me want one:heh:

MisaoFan 2012-05-17 12:35

People who talk about a new Sengoku genderbent anime is worse than the girls' military animes like this.

DonQuigleone 2012-05-17 12:59

This show makes no sense, I mean, you don't just find old tanks lying around waiting to be fixed.

And secondly, how expensive are those parts going to be? Or how about the fuel. Tanks make cars look cheap.

Sumeragi 2012-05-17 13:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonQuigleone (Post 4164555)
This show makes no sense, I mean, you don't just find old tanks lying around waiting to be fixed.

Possible that the school was a tank storage or something, or the tank was a gift from a sister school before/during WW2.

Quote:

And secondly, how expensive are those parts going to be?

Custom manufacturing is possible. Relatively expensive, but still possible given Japan's talent for getting the craziest parts made.

Quote:

Or how about the fuel. Tanks make cars look cheap.

The Panzerkampfwagen Tiger Ausf. E consumed 7.82 liters per km, which would be around 1195 yen per km, so $10 per km. It's not that expensive.

Kaihan 2012-05-17 13:30

the Title alone caught my eye, I shall be keeping an eye on this one.

DonQuigleone 2012-05-17 18:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sumeragi (Post 4164579)
The Panzerkampfwagen Tiger Ausf. E consumed 7.82 liters per km, which would be around 1195 yen per km, so $10 per km. It's not that expensive.

So for every km they travel, they need to work for an hour...

That said what about insurance?

MeisterBabylon 2012-05-17 19:31

Insurance would work as per normal. Its not like they've allowed them girls to load actual 75mm rounds into their rig...

So, I got introduced to this series by a tank nut. Will be hanging around still. Setting up anti-Saintess traps and counterTRONmeasures. Latter might not be necessary given the lack of milksacks so far.

And on the Original Character front, I sense that this series might inspire a new resurgence. Time to dust off the Senjou no Valkyja girls. :D

Thread invasion, STARTO!

NoemiChan 2012-05-17 19:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sumeragi (Post 4164579)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonQuigleone (Post 4164925)
So for every km they travel, they need to work for an hour...

I know now why Hitler desperately need those oil fields for his numerous tanks back then.

Back again.. Will their school fund for such a project??

Kaihan 2012-05-17 20:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon (Post 4164980)
And on the Original Character front, I sense that this series might inspire a new resurgence. Time to dust off the Senjou no Valkyja girls. :D

Thread invasion, STARTO!

Funny how this did remind me of Valkyria Chronicles. Tempted to play 1 again (for the 4th time) Its sitting right there on the side of my desk.

Master_Yoma 2012-05-17 22:17

This dose look like one to watch

LoweGear 2012-05-18 00:16

inb4 World of Tanks :P

Not surprising to see the PzIV as the "main" vehicle considering the Japanese love of German hardware. And despite the focus of the PV on the schoolgirls, DEM DETAIL on the tanks makes this a must see :)

Endless Soul 2012-05-18 09:55

I'll definitely be looking forward to this one. School girls? WWII era tanks? What could possibly go wrong?

Quote:

Originally Posted by PzIVf3 (Post 4163460)
ACHTUNG PANZER MARCH!

Interesting, because have an old model of this tank. Panzer grey too.

Is that an aircraft carrier in the background?

Endless "Tanks a lot" Soul

Entropy 2012-05-18 12:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 4165247)

For real, you know what this show needs? A KV-2, that would be hilarious.

Kaioshin Sama 2012-05-18 13:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Endless Soul (Post 4165716)
I'll definitely be looking forward to this one. School girls? WWII era tanks? What could possibly go wrong?

Boredom. Failure to use the gimmick to any sort of effect and instead falling back on the whole cute girls doing the same old cute things concept we see 10's of times each year. The usual pitfalls.

Seriously you have no idea how many times I've looked at one of these and said, "hey this might be fun for the novelty and there's even the potential for some action and drama" only to find out no there isn't, all there's room for is light hearted inanity and stock scenarios.

Julio C 2012-05-18 14:46

This look interesting, I wonder if it's going to be like Sora no Woto?

MeisterBabylon 2012-05-18 19:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julio C (Post 4166051)
This look interesting, I wonder if it's going to be like Sora no Woto?

It better not be... I'd want something to happen! :uhoh:

Shimapan 2012-05-18 20:12

The title is particularly weird. Why not go all the way and make it all German, "like "Mädchen und Panzer"?

Anyway, chara design doesn't look too inspiring. Hope it doesn't become a lame Sora no Woto.

MisaoFan 2012-05-19 01:33

Hope it will be a better version than Sora no Woto.

Panzerklein 2012-05-19 06:41

The Panzer is so sexy!!!

MeisterBabylon 2012-05-19 06:42

Enough Panzers! French tanks need more love! :p

Panzerklein 2012-05-19 06:45

Quote:

Not surprising to see the PzIV as the "main" vehicle considering the Japanese love of German hardware. And despite the focus of the PV on the schoolgirls, DEM DETAIL on the tanks makes this a must see :)

E-75 is the sexiest tank :cool:

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon (Post 4166889)
Enough Panzers! French tanks need more love! :p

French tanks, specially AMX50s have troll face and the ammo drum, they don't need more love :heh:.

MeisterBabylon 2012-05-19 06:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panzerklein (Post 4166890)
French tanks, specially AMX50s have troll face and the ammo drum, they don't need more love :heh:.

I'm talking about the Char B1 and the SOMUA S35 here. The ones made during and before the 2nd war. Ones that have a chance of appearing in this anime but won't because they just aren't as moe as Panzers (and Tigers!).

Hence, French tanks need more love and hence appear in anime.

Panzerklein 2012-05-19 06:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon (Post 4166893)
I meant the ones made during and before the war. Ones that have a chance of appearing in this anime but won't because they just aren't as moe as Panzers (and Tigers!).

Here your French Tanks :-" . No offense, but French designer really had bad taste for design. I don't think these design will arrive in any anime.

MeisterBabylon 2012-05-19 07:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panzerklein (Post 4166899)
Here your French Tanks :-" . No offense, but French designer really had bad taste for design. I don't think these design will arrive in any anime.

I could name fugly Deutchland tanks if I wanted to, too...

Senjou no Valkyria had a King Tiger protagonist tank, Panzers are everywhere in anime, and in fact they are so common that they are pretty much “garden variety”.

While I agree there are no beauties behind French lines back then, there are some with reasonable looks. The Char B1 was a small Mk V with a turret, and the SOMUA S35 was a chubby little doll.

A wise man once said, “She’s doesn’t look like much, but she’s got it where it counts.” Likewise, these two tanks may require a Newtype to command (guy in turret does EVERYTHING), but they also had moments to shine in the war. One B1 made do with what she had and took out 13 Panzer IIIs on her own. And the S35 was acknowledged as being one of the most advanced tanks early in the war that was let down by incompetent command rather than actual incompetency.

I know it will never happen, but if there’s an anime that could bring back some French tanks, I’d like to see the B1 and S35 appear. The B1 girl would be anaemic and a little plump. The S35 representative may be bogged down by her many over-engineered flaws and average looks. But both of them are determinators, and can be surprisingly effective. All they need is a good illustrator and writer and we'd be all falling at their heels. Just see what they did with a certain British rifle!

Most of all, they will be entities of rarity and thus symbols of high demand! :p

Endless Soul 2012-05-19 15:41

With this current trend, I wonder when we will see Girls and Battleships?

Endless "Moe Nagato" Soul

MeisterBabylon 2012-05-19 18:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Endless Soul (Post 4167418)

Totally rooting for the Medaka Box expy known as Enterprise! :D

Panzerklein 2012-05-19 19:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Endless Soul (Post 4167418)

I refer big ass Super Yamato :heh::heh:.

Cosmic Eagle 2012-05-19 19:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon (Post 4166893)
I'm talking about the Char B1 and the SOMUA S35 here. The ones made during and before the 2nd war. Ones that have a chance of appearing in this anime but won't because they just aren't as moe as Panzers (and Tigers!).

Since you mention SOUMA S-35, BT-7 and KV series should appear more too

Endless Soul 2012-05-19 21:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panzerklein (Post 4167623)

Sure! However, I chose the Nagato since the Yamato is pretty famous in another series. :)

Endless "Something different" Soul

Sumeragi 2012-05-19 21:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panzerklein (Post 4167623)

Never. Yamato-san is a Yamato Nadeshiko!

http://i.imgur.com/TaM02l.jpg

(Ironically, the picture was drawn by a Taiwanese)

MeisterBabylon 2012-05-19 21:36

A Type-97 pilot has to be voiced by Mizuki-sama. Because KyuuNANAshiki.

*runs!*

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sumeragi (Post 4167728)

...Yandere battleship. OH SHI--

*static*

Endless Soul 2012-05-19 21:44

I'm having trouble trying to figure out of the turrets/guns are micronized or if she is Meltranized. I'm guessing it's the latter since the guns on the left appear to be in the distance.

Endless "Yandere battleship, aren't they all?" Soul

Cosmic Eagle 2012-05-19 21:47

Quote:

With Yukikaze later becoming part of the Taiwanese navy :heh:

Stevie_Nix 2012-05-19 22:42

I honestly can't wait to see this series. Looks like it might be a cross between Sora no Woto and Strike Witches. I extremely loved both series. Hell its probably intentional since Humikane is doing the character design.

Quote:

Hah, so I'm not the only person who though "If they did make an anime for that game, this probably will be it."

Quote:

I wonder who Distroyer-chan is?

Sumeragi 2012-05-19 22:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevie_Nix (Post 4167821)
I wonder who Distroyer-chan is?

Yukikaze, later Tangyan.

Stevie_Nix 2012-05-19 22:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sumeragi (Post 4167831)
Yukikaze, later the Tangyan.

Actually that make a whole lot of sense. The Yukikaze was basically everywhere during the wary, and she served both Japan and then Taiwan.

Thanks for the info.

Panzerklein 2012-05-19 23:28

Quote:

Image you go in bed with a 64,000 tons girl. :twitch: