AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Reviews & Recommendations (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   im trying to cry and feel something tragic (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=59758)

gh0stmice 2007-12-22 02:01

im trying to cry and feel something tragic

i want an anime with a good deal of pain in it.....like one that would make me wanna cry(ive been tryin so hard to for a while)...example-myself yourself......i want a very touching anime....something that really makes you feel.... example-elfen lied.....i want to see some tragedy, but not over the top kind, more of a realistic kind so nothing like aliens abducted my parents boo hoo...kinda like i can see myself expirienceing that same tragedy...can have some comedy bits in it...im sorry if im vague...but...i guess in the end im really looking for a good tragedy....

Spoiler for types of situations that make me cry:

thank you guys...once again sorry if im vague

tbl 2007-12-22 02:05

Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen/Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal - it has 3 out of the 4 things you described, some more than once. If you've seen the TV series, they are nothing alike in terms of animation/violence/emotional impact.

Kanon 2006

jedinat 2007-12-22 02:16

Figure 17 - I remember being emotionally devastated after watching this one; second only to KgNE, but without the extreme hate I held for that particular [insert extremely graphic derogative]. It's pretty slow though; that might be a turn-off.

gh0stmice 2007-12-22 02:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbl (Post 1308716)
Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen/Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal - it has 3 out of the 4 things you described, some more than once. If you've seen the TV series, they are nothing alike in terms of animation/violence/emotional impact.

man tbl ive seen some other suggestion you leave people...and you are seriously pushing this rurouni kenshin thing.... like a drug dealer.... is it really that amazing...i gotta say you have me sold ...im going to watch...you pushed me to it....i just hope i dont contract H.I.V. from using the same "anime syringe" as you....

migus_parvus 2007-12-22 03:01

Video Girl Ai - the first anime and manga to make me like depressing romance stories even if i'm a guy. This oav series brings out what it is to sacrifice and to take a chance at uncertainty.

Saikano - probably the most painful thing to watch but also the most beautiful thing i've seen this millennia. If i would describe it in one word it would be, powerful. Although classified as science fiction it deals more with the fragile nature of people and how they try to keep one thing true despite the madness of war.

Voices of a Distant Star - for me this is the best one-shot ova if you want a cathartic dose. Excellently paced, it fleshes out everything perfectly. It is about a love not bound by time and space.

5 Centimeters Per Second - aside from being beautifully drawn, having an excellent score and an enveloping pace this three part theatrical feature displays the tragedy of one's separation from his dreams; the powerlessness one has against circumstance and the struggle one's life becomes to attain something so futile.

Kimi ga Nozumo Eien - this short series delves into a tragedy which abruptly stops a relationship which has just barely begun. Those who remain have the problem of learning how to move on.

Kanon 2002 and 2006 - nuff said ^_^

Grave of the Fireflies - the story of two Japanese siblings trying to survive the society of the war torn Japan in the wanning years of the Second World War.

Shii 2007-12-22 03:12

the star of cottonland

gh0stmice 2007-12-22 03:37

haha video girl ai...haha...thats not tragedy at all.....wow...not like i didnt like it...its just totally not a tragedy at all....

ive heard some big talk about konan...i hope it is able to deliver....

imma probably check out 5cm, grave of the fireflies and figure 17 first ....

appreciate....
special thanks to jedinat...you always suggest some really good stuff

Oloko 2007-12-22 06:18

Those are tragical anime that are closest to real life. I know more great tragical
anime, but they are not about real life situation (eg: My-Hime)

Great Teacher Onizuka
Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora
Hell Girl
Kino's Journey
Tokyo Gofathers
Voices of a Distant Star

Sorry I couldn't put links and read the spoiler because I am on my psp.

tbl 2007-12-22 07:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by gh0stmice (Post 1308760)
man tbl ive seen some other suggestion you leave people...and you are seriously pushing this rurouni kenshin thing.... like a drug dealer.... is it really that amazing...i gotta say you have me sold ...im going to watch...you pushed me to it....i just hope i dont contract H.I.V. from using the same "anime syringe" as you....

Tell me what you think. If you don't like it, I won't recommend it again and I'll even get a blood test.

Frans 2007-12-22 07:21

Bokurano have a lot of tragedy, but it focused more on the story than the tragedy itself... so it probably wouldn't make you cry. Maybe a bit teary at the end, but not cry.
Vampire Princess Miyu also have a lot tragic events, esp. the ending.

Bokurano, although it involved robots, the story itself for me is one of the most realistic out there (in terms of if you got into their situation, this is probably the way you would act).

ReizoSan 2007-12-22 07:49

Tragedy - School Dyas
Sad - (There is only one in my opinion) Kanon 2006

kjk8288 2007-12-22 21:05

Air TV. Kinda amazed that it hasn't been mentioned lol

Zippicus 2007-12-22 21:24

I'll 3rd or 4th Kanon, that show made me cry multiple times. I'll also 2nd Air, it also made me cry.

Supah Em 2007-12-23 07:15

School Days, Air, Sola, Hantsuki

but kanon 2006 is the only anime which almost drew me to tears ( i liked makoto, but
episode 10 was just too much)

gh0stmice 2007-12-23 07:54

i just finished school days..just now...and all i can say is WTF??!@!@.....i really enjoyed it....didnt make me cry....but totally made me say WTF a few times........

i cant say this series resembled anything like my actual school days....which im kinda glad they dont....awesome show

im guessin Saikano...then konann...then....well i still have alot to watch...thanks for all your suggestions!!!!

Cheezy 2007-12-23 09:14

Kanon 2006, Air, perhaps Clannad

Air has a very big impact in the end.
Kanon is a masterpiece. Mai <3

bruno321 2007-12-23 09:29

I've seen Great Teacher Onizuka recommended here. WTF???? Seriously: WTF?

Anyway, as for me, well, I haven't cried watching anime, no. But a couple of series that impressed me (perhaps because they were some of my first) were Elfen Lied which you already saw, and Kannazuki no Miko which is quite hated around here, but I found it pretty good, if you can get past some bad episodes on the beginning and a couple of stupid things.

School Days is not tragedy, it is comedy.

Kanon is one thing you should surely watch. That was truly tragic, and a damn fine series.

Kimi ga Nozomu Eien is pretty good and surely is tragic, although I do not understand at all how people has found it so unbearable and devastating... It left me quite cold (I saw it a couple of weeks ago). Perhaps that's because as time passes by, less things I watch are bound to impress me.

Another classical recommendation is Iriya no Sora, UFO no Natsu. Again, pretty good, pretty good, but didn't kill me.

KholdStare 2007-12-23 12:31

I will recommend Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal (yes, it is a masterpiece). Also I will recommend Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, SaiKano, and Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora.

devildog23 2007-12-23 13:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by gh0stmice (Post 1308712)
Spoiler for types of situations that make me cry:

For the father son scenes, watch the first six episodes of Major. I know that its a sports anime, but believe me its what your looking for. If I say anymore it'll be a spoiler.

I second Hantsuki and Air, I'll admit that they are the only anime that made me cry. Some made my eyes start watering, but they are the only ones to make me bawl my eyes out.

Oloko 2007-12-24 08:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruno321 (Post 1310261)
I've seen Great Teacher Onizuka recommended here. WTF???? Seriously: WTF?

I know its a strange recommendation but he said:

Quote:

Originally Posted by gh0stmice (Post 1308712)
i can see myself expirienceing that same tragedy

GTO may be a comedy shounen but it still got moment that make you think and that are every-day situation. eg: the girl that live alone because their parent are too busy to work and don't care about their family anymore.

But I do agree that he asked to cry so maybe its a off-topic suggestion... :heh:
I second your suggestion on Iriya no Sora, UFO no Natsu. Its one of my favorite anime, but I don't think its a situation that could occur in his life. :rolleyes: