AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) Nurarihyon no Mago Sennen Makyō (TV) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=104630)

AnymX 2011-06-03 10:41

Nurarihyon no Mago Sennen Makyō (TV)

A Second season for Nurarihyon no Mago tailed "Nurarihyon no Mago Sennen Makyō"

The official site just recently got renewed. I suggest to check it out because its pretty fancy looking. Anyway the staff pretty much the same as the first season except for director and series composition, script. Especially excited for Michio Fukuda directing. A veteran action storyboard, animator (mostly doing storyboards now). His storyboarded Nararihyon episodes were one of me favorites.

Director: Michio Fukuda
Series Composition: Hideaki Koyasu
Character Design: Mariko Oka
Monster Design: Shinobu Tagashira
Music: Kouhei Tanaka
Sound Director: Hozumi Gôda
Animation Production: Studio Deen
Official website: Nurarihyon no Mago
Broadcasting Date: July 3 Tokyo MX 17:30
Traler: Higher quality video in official website.

Dat Black and White. Seriously the first trailer in this year witch got me saying omg this looks awesome. Pity that there no credit on the trailer, really want to know who directed and storyboarded it. Especially soryborder because the way scenes and camera floes is really awesome. Maybe Michio Fukuda himself storyboarded it? anyway if anyone ever fond out who did it please let me know.

Kakkou 2011-06-03 11:03

Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god that trailer!! Shit, it looks amazing. Oh man, I hope DEEN steps up their game with this sequel considering this is where things really kick off for Nuramago. Oh, I just noticed the some of the staff changes. The new director has not much directing experience but a lot in storyboarding and the new person in charge of series composition does not have a very appealing resume compared to the last. I do hope this staff change will bring in that extra punch the anime sorely needs.

LKK 2011-06-03 11:51

Could someone translate "Sennen Makyo" for me, please? Thanks!

BladeEntity 2011-06-03 12:12

Damn there should have been more of Tsurara in the trailer... Nice touch of Rihan.

Iggy_Pop 2011-06-03 14:40

It's weird hearing Ladd Russo's voice as Rihan

Echoes 2011-06-03 15:05

Neat trailer.

This was a solid shounen, I'm more than happy to see a second season. I'm not super-hyped, but I'm hoping it'll be as fun as it the first. It had a really unique style.

Miraluka 2011-06-03 18:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by LKK (Post 3637599)
Could someone translate "Sennen Makyo" for me, please? Thanks!

Rise of the Yokai Clan, or so I think.

Nayrael 2011-06-03 18:44

"Rise of Yokai Clan" is BS that Funimation came up with because their dictionary didn't have word Mago in it.

Sennen Makyo means Millennium Demon Capital

LKK 2011-06-03 18:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nayrael (Post 3638054)
"Rise of Yokai Clan" is BS that Funimation came up with because their dictionary didn't have word Mago in it.

Sennen Makyo means Millennium Demon Capital

Thank you. Oh and by the way, Viz is the US company involved, not Funimation. This is Viz's baby completely -- manga and anime.

Mizuno 2011-06-03 19:06

Kitsune almost looked like Yuko from XXXholic in that trailer.

Shiroth 2011-06-04 04:06

As a manga reader, i'm so pleased the director has changed. Even though the first season was enjoyable, it totally went off the tracks in regards to following the manga. There was plenty of manga material, though the director just couldn't help but do his own things. That's alright sometimes, hough now when the manga material is damn good.

Anyway, that trailer is fantastic. The Kyoto arc is by far the best Nurarihyon no Mago has to offer, and it looks like it will be getting the treatment it deserves. Also, Fujiwara Keiji! :D

Kafriel 2011-06-04 06:49

Season 2 huh...gotta admit S1 fell short of my expectations, it was kinda lukewarm...still, the trailer's well done and with lots of new characters, so I'll be watching this too! If a manga reader can tell me, is Yuko playing a dimensional crossover role in this? Don't think it's CLAMP material :O

Mizuno 2011-06-04 07:01

If you find the first season boring, that's normal coz I did too (same with the manga up to that point). The Kyoto arc which is what this season is based on is the highlight of the series so far, there's a great set of interesting villains and tension between fights, and a greater conspiracy behind everything. If animated right, this might even be memorable.

Shiroth 2011-06-04 12:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kafriel (Post 3638749)
If a manga reader can tell me, is Yuko playing a dimensional crossover role in this? Don't think it's CLAMP material :O

No, they just look similar. :p

Kakkou 2011-06-05 23:57

New cast announcements:

Rihan Nura: Keiji Fujiwara (it has got to be an in-joke in the industry to cast him for these type of characters right?)
Hagoromo Gitsune: Noto Mamiko (announced last year)
Young Rikuo: Eri Kitamura (same as the vomic)
Youhime: Houko Kuwashima
Ryuuji Keikain: Katsuyuki Konishi
Mamiru Keikain: Kenji Nojima
Yodo-dono: Michiko Neya

Shiroth 2011-06-06 02:59

I'd be furious if Keiji Fujiwara wasn't voicing Rihan. :p

& as we have said in the past, Noto Mamiko is perfect for Gitsune.

Kakkou 2011-06-10 00:10

More cast announcements over the past few days:

Mitsume Yazura: Minoru Hirota
Tofu-Kozou: Sayuri Furukawa
Jami: Yuu Asakawa
Kidoumaru: Takaya Kuroda
Minagoroshi Jizou: Chafurin*
Hakuzouzu: Kentarou Itou
Kyoukotsu (Daughter): Yoko Hisaka
Ibaraki Douji: Kenjiro Tsuda
Joukera: Mitsuki Saiga
Kyoukotsu: Kazuya Ichijou
Tsuchigumo: Jurota Kousugi

*Okay, the official announcement wrote his role as "Gomijizou" but that's probably a mistake since I don't recall any character with that name. The wikipedia.jp Nura page also seems to list him as Minagoroshi Jizou.

Kakkou 2011-06-15 04:56

More cast announcements -The Sequel-:

Dairouta: Ikkyuu Juku
Itaku: Daisuke Kishio
Awashima: Ryoka Yuzuki
Amezou: Takahiro Mizushima
Dohiko: Eiji Miyashita
Reira: Megumi Toyoguchi
Yukari: Fumiko Orikasa
Aka Kappa: Atsushi Miyauchi
Namahage (both of them): Mitsuaki Madono

tera_ha 2011-06-16 22:16

it started out well and then sucked so bad that it took me forever to watch the last episode.

hopefully the next season will be better

Fenrir_valindri 2011-06-17 00:08

I hope that the second season keeps the quality seen in that trailer.

That said, I didn't really like the song, hope the OST has some better tracks in it then that.