AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

RAVNEN 2013-11-22 21:32

Those red angelic WOL look better than the previous blue WOL...i like most of the Star Build Strike gimmick & weapon,it has so much playability. Thank goodness they give an extra part for the extended shield. :D

Blazer-X 2013-11-23 00:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Providenceangle (Post 4918485)
There's nothing wrong with having a wishlist. The problem is when certain person(s) post it in every post.

It's perfectly healthy to debate things, so long as everyone has an open opinion. Not a brick wall, I'm right you're wrong attitude.

Touche.

But I think part of the reason why I'm shying from it is that said person(s) is/are has gotten so infamous that the act of wishlisting has become tainted.

Skye629 2013-11-23 01:24

Anyone here have the HG Ahead from 00 Season 2?

For some strange reason I wanted a model after seeing it in the debut of Season 2 while rewatching

Oddly of the review pictures and videos I have seen, half of them makes the kit looks goofy, while the other half makes it look really cool like it was in the first episode of Season 2 when it was slaughtering the Katharon units and battling Exia

Any personal input on the kit? I also sort of want it for an A-Laws unit for my Federation GN=XIII to battle

ZeroXSEED 2013-11-23 01:37

Ahead looks goofy because it's a half-assed crossbreed of GN series and Tieren, and they only look menacing for their brutish, hulking appearance compared to Gundams (so when you need to take photo, pair it with smaller MS kits, use perspective trick so Ahead look even larger than actually)

Ahead Bushido even moreso :heh:

GN-XIII is cool, and in my opinion far cooler than Ahead. But again, your judgment. (I saw them at the nearby shop, assembled)

StrikeFreedomV2 2013-11-23 02:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 4918730)
Anyone here have the HG Ahead from 00 Season 2?

For some strange reason I wanted a model after seeing it in the debut of Season 2 while rewatching

Oddly of the review pictures and videos I have seen, half of them makes the kit looks goofy, while the other half makes it look really cool like it was in the first episode of Season 2 when it was slaughtering the Katharon units and battling Exia

Any personal input on the kit? I also sort of want it for an A-Laws unit for my Federation GN=XIII to battle

Aheads are great HGs! I own a bunch of them and none looks as long as you display them properly^^Articulation-wise they are so great

Skye629 2013-11-23 02:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED (Post 4918743)
Ahead looks goofy because it's a half-assed crossbreed of GN series and Tieren, and they only look menacing for their brutish, hulking appearance compared to Gundams (so when you need to take photo, pair it with smaller MS kits, use perspective trick so Ahead look even larger than actually)

Ahead Bushido even moreso :heh:

GN-XIII is cool, and in my opinion far cooler than Ahead. But again, your judgment. (I saw them at the nearby shop, assembled)

Im with you on the main GN-X line (fun fact: the Ahead shares the GN-X designation as well) as they're my all time favorite grunt units

On the Aheads, well what I like about them, is like you said, their hulking appearance, and also their very simple and effective design (less details and clutter than the GN-X and the thrusters). Their portrayals in episode 1-2 of season 2 was also quite stellar as far as grunts went, though it went downhill from there to mostly plain cannon fodder

Personally I also like Mr. Bushido's Ahead, Im a sucker for Samurai stuff lol, as for the Smultron.....meh its ok

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 (Post 4918791)
Aheads are great HGs! I own a bunch of them and none looks as long as you display them properly^^Articulation-wise they are so great

Ah someone who has them!

I have no concerns on posing, this may sound a little arrogant but I'm quite capable of making extremely nice poses off the top of my head, even with a standard included in box base, I have yet to get an action base 2, but once I get some my shelves will definitely improve big time lol

Whats confusing me the most is how well they look in person. All the videos and pictures i have seen seems to have different aspect ratios, so sometimes they appear squat, sometimes taller, and sometimes balanced, so I have no idea what to go by, other than Mr. Bushido's Ahead, which my bro has

How does the normal one compare to it in height/width etc.?

StrikeFreedomV2 2013-11-23 04:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 4918797)


Ah someone who has them!

I have no concerns on posing, this may sound a little arrogant but I'm quite capable of making extremely nice poses off the top of my head, even with a standard included in box base, I have yet to get an action base 2, but once I get some my shelves will definitely improve big time lol

Whats confusing me the most is how well they look in person. All the videos and pictures i have seen seems to have different aspect ratios, so sometimes they appear squat, sometimes taller, and sometimes balanced, so I have no idea what to go by, other than Mr. Bushido's Ahead, which my bro has

How does the normal one compare to it in height/width etc.?

They all share the same main body. So all have the same height disregarding the different thrusters. The hips are pretty aritculated, so depending on how the positioned, the Aheads can look different sized, but overall are not^^ I can recommend all of them, best AU-Grunt IMO, toghether with the GN-X III

Skye629 2013-11-23 04:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 (Post 4918848)
They all share the same main body. So all have the same height disregarding the different thrusters. The hips are pretty aritculated, so depending on how the positioned, the Aheads can look different sized, but overall are not^^ I can recommend all of them, best AU-Grunt IMO, toghether with the GN-X III

Ah kk, Ill think of picking one up then (standard version)

IMO the best AU grunt is actually the GNX-IV, due to being GNX, Ahead, and Gundam all rolled into one

StrikeFreedomV2 2013-11-23 04:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 4918870)
Ah kk, Ill think of picking one up then (standard version)

IMO the best AU grunt is actually the GNX-IV, due to being GNX, Ahead, and Gundam all rolled into one

I just meant the design in terms of best Grunt-Suits^^ Perfomance-wise they are of course way below the GN-X IV

Skye629 2013-11-23 05:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 (Post 4918875)
I just meant the design in terms of best Grunt-Suits^^ Perfomance-wise they are of course way below the GN-X IV

I was talking about both performance and design

But of course when it comes to design its all subjective ^^

ZeroXSEED 2013-11-23 05:30

So I receive that Granslam bootleg today

I can't believe I say this but the plastic quality is unbelievably high, smooth and shiny almost like a real sword (and being a medic, I can even see resemblance with incision blade)

Even the Forbidden's scythe can't match it, shame on you bandai. If only you produce that kit enmasse...>.>

EDIT: The original kit in question

suiton629 2013-11-23 14:45

Went a little SD crazy =D

SD Exia
SD 00 Raiser x2
SD Exia R2
SD 00 Qan[t]
SD 0 Gundam
SD 00 7 Sword
Action Base 2 Sparkle Green x7

StrikeFreedomV2 2013-11-23 15:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4919401)
Went a little SD crazy =D

SD Exia
SD 00 Raiser x2
SD Exia R2
SD 00 Qan[t]
SD 0 Gundam
SD 00 7 Sword
Action Base 2 Sparkle Green x7

Don't feel stupid buying and selling the same kits over and over again? I remember you buying these kits last year and shortly after selling them again. It's your money of course, sure, but in my opinion your wasting it

suiton629 2013-11-23 17:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 (Post 4919454)
Don't feel stupid buying and selling the same kits over and over again? I remember you buying these kits last year and shortly after selling them again. It's your money of course, sure, but in my opinion your wasting it

You remember? Please provide evidence.

StrikeFreedomV2 2013-11-23 18:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4919563)
You remember? Please provide evidence.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4MqOFt_3ywE

Here you go

suiton629 2013-11-23 18:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 (Post 4919569)

Thanks for the view. ;)

StrikeFreedomV2 2013-11-23 19:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4919621)
Thanks for the view. ;)

You're welcome, I guess... -_-

suiton629 2013-11-23 19:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 (Post 4919641)
You're welcome, I guess... -_-

:D :eyespin: ;)

Shinobi2013 2013-11-24 02:15

Back to the topic, I should be glad that they made the microwave panels as clear parts instead of just flat blue on the upcoming MG Gundam X but they color it into clear purple? I wish they change it into clear blue to make it more TV accurate.

Knight_SV 2013-11-24 02:26

wishlist game?
here's mine:
-MG GP01 2.0
-MG GP01FB 2.0
-MG GP02A 2.0
-MG GP03S2.0
-MG ZZ 2.0
-MG FAZZ 2.0
-MG Ez8 2.0
-MG Alex 2.0
-HGAC Wing Zero EW
-HGAC Wing Gundam EW
i'm mainly hoping bandai to release HG and renew MG for all main leads Gundam first. I hope bandai also will do renewal for early release of HGUC for main lead Gundams


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:05.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.