AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

GN0010 Nosferatu 2010-07-17 19:44

So uh, anyone see anything wrong with this picture? :heh:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4078/...6b66fe15_b.jpg

cupcakes4chris 2010-07-17 19:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu (Post 3145875)
So uh, anyone see anything wrong with this picture? :heh:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4078/...6b66fe15_b.jpg

messed up vfin? :twitch:

GN0010 Nosferatu 2010-07-17 19:47

You are correct sir!

StratoSpear 2010-07-18 02:00

probabaly battle damaged:heh:

Though it would be cool if they actually released battle-scarred versions like they did in the now-dead MSIA line.

GN0010 Nosferatu 2010-07-18 02:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by StratoSpear (Post 3146297)
probabaly battle damaged:heh:

Though it would be cool if they actually released battle-scarred versions like they did in the now-dead MSIA line.

We the fans can always do it ourselves.:D

~Destiny~ 2010-07-18 17:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by cupcakes4chris (Post 3145872)
Unless Bandai screws us over like they did with the missile pods on cherudim and dynames...looks like HG Zabanya will come with 8 sniper/beam rifles instead of just 2!
Spoiler for size:

These models are pre painted, so I wouldnt be surprised if we DO get screwed like with cherudim and dynames

Znozzy 2010-07-18 17:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Destiny~ (Post 3147185)
These models are pre painted, so I wouldnt be surprised if we DO get screwed like with cherudim and dynames

seems like we do indeed get screwed.


gummybear 2010-07-18 18:02

this is why I wait for 1:100. Unless I have no choice like with GN Archer, I will never touch 1:144 anymore. Almost 99.9% of the 1:144 are crap and pure milking by bandai.

pumpkins 2010-07-18 19:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by cupcakes4chris (Post 3145872)
Unless Bandai screws us over like they did with the missile pods on cherudim and dynames...looks like HG Zabanya will come with 8 sniper/beam rifles instead of just 2!

what about the missile pods on cherudim and dynames? :confused:

anyway i doubt they'll give you so many rifles.. the other grey bits are probably just a plastic cover and only the first 2 are actual rifles. :mad:

LoweGear 2010-07-18 21:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by gummybear (Post 3147227)
this is why I wait for 1:100. Unless I have no choice like with GN Archer, I will never touch 1:144 anymore. Almost 99.9% of the 1:144 are crap and pure milking by bandai.

As a mainly 1/144 collector I highly disagree. The only edge 1/100's have over 1/144 kits nowadays is their size. In many cases nowadays, the HG 1/144's have more gimmicks and better poseability than their 1/100 counterparts, ex. HG 1/144 Destiny Gundam to its 1/100 version, or the recent HG Astraea Type F to its 1/100 counterpart; and let's not even mention Bandai's recent strange decision to not give pivoting waist joints to their 1/100 00 S2 line. Not to mention that 1/144's have more variety of models than 1/100's, as the sheer number of unique designs in the various HG lines can attest too.

And finally... when has Bandai not planned to milk Gunpla for all it's worth? Whether it's 1/100 or 1/144 they do anything to ensure max profit, being a business afterall. That "pure milking" isn't a "problem" inherent only to 1/144 models you know.

------

On the HG Zabanya, I'm more or less sticking to the notion that they're only giving you two GN Sniper Rifles for it, considering its 1890 Yen price tag, which would be around the price of the GNHW kits. Considering that each GN Sniper Rifle seems to have its own transforming gimmicks having all 8 of them for 1890 yen would be wishful thinking.

Znozzy 2010-07-18 23:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 3147414)
As a mainly 1/144 collector I highly disagree. The only edge 1/100's have over 1/144 kits nowadays is their size. In many cases nowadays, the HG 1/144's have more gimmicks and better poseability than their 1/100 counterparts, ex. HG 1/144 Destiny Gundam to its 1/100 version, or the recent HG Astraea Type F to its 1/100 counterpart; and let's not even mention Bandai's recent strange decision to not give pivoting waist joints to their 1/100 00 S2 line. Not to mention that 1/144's have more variety of models than 1/100's, as the sheer number of unique designs in the various HG lines can attest too.

And finally... when has Bandai not planned to milk Gunpla for all it's worth? Whether it's 1/100 or 1/144 they do anything to ensure max profit, being a business afterall. That "pure milking" isn't a "problem" inherent only to 1/144 models you know.

------

On the HG Zabanya, I'm more or less sticking to the notion that they're only giving you two GN Sniper Rifles for it, considering its 1890 Yen price tag, which would be around the price of the GNHW kits. Considering that each GN Sniper Rifle seems to have its own transforming gimmicks having all 8 of them for 1890 yen would be wishful thinking.

yeah, 1/144's have the poseability on their side, but gimmicks? that goes straight to the 1/100s in 90% of the cases these days, which is nice in one way.

but personally i stick to the 1/100s mainly because i like the size better and they just look more menacing fully decked out on a action base.

also, do anyone here own a MG re-gz? if so, whats your opinion on it? i've checked it out on dalong, but would like to hear some builder feedback on possible flaws or anything of that matter, how does it grip the rifle, does any pieces fall off easy?

LoweGear 2010-07-19 00:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Znozzy (Post 3147517)
yeah, 1/144's have the poseability on their side, but gimmicks? that goes straight to the 1/100s in 90% of the cases these days, which is nice in one way.

Depends on the kits: Using my examples above, the HG 1/144 Destiny Gundam has parts to portray the Wings of Light, whereas the 1/100 doesn't. Then you have the HG Astraea Type-F, where the 1/144 has all the weapons and then some, including the Kyrios missile launcher and the GN Hammer; the HG Avalanche Exia where the 1/144 version has the Dash parts whereas the 1/100 does not, and let's not forget all the GNHW parts.

Note of course that I'm only talking about differences between 1/144 and 1/100 HG's (though the latter doesn't have the HG tag), and not between 1/144's and 1/100 Master Grades. Because obviously Master Grades would have more gimmicks than any 1/144 save the recent RG line :heh:

Calvin329 2010-07-19 00:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Znozzy (Post 3147202)
seems like we do indeed get screwed.


saywhaa? please explain, i honestly don't get how we're screwed O_O

LoweGear 2010-07-19 00:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calvin329 (Post 3147566)
saywhaa? please explain, i honestly don't get how we're screwed O_O

They're talking about the number of GN Sniper Rifles we'll be getting for the HG Zabanya: cupcakes4chris speculated that it'll have 8 rifles due to the pic, while Znozzy speculated on the contracy due to picture evidence. Basically "screwed" as in we might not be getting eight GN Sniper Rifles for the HG Zabanya.

We'll be getting the next issue of Hobby Japan and Dengeki Hobby this week, so we'll likely to see previews of the HG Zabanya here, which should solve this particular mystery.

GN0010 Nosferatu 2010-07-19 00:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 3147586)
They're talking about the number of GN Sniper Rifles we'll be getting for the HG Zabanya: GN0010 Nosferatu speculated that it'll have 8 rifles due to the pic, while Znozzy speculated on the contracy due to picture evidence. Basically "screwed" as in we might not be getting eight GN Sniper Rifles for the HG Zabanya.

We'll be getting the next issue of Hobby Japan and Dengeki Hobby this week, so we'll likely to see previews of the HG Zabanya here, which should solve this particular mystery.

Not that I doubt the Zanbaya will come with 8 rifles, but where did you see me say that?:confused:

LoweGear 2010-07-19 00:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu (Post 3147597)
Not that I doubt the Zanbaya will come with 8 rifles, but where did you see me say that?:confused:

Woops, quote error. Post was by cupcakes4chris :heh:

Bashfulz 2010-07-19 02:26

just a small correction.. shouldnt it be 10 rifles? since it has 2 in its hand and 4 more on each sides?

LoweGear 2010-07-19 03:23

Hmmm yes you're right. XD

Although the possibility of it having 10 GN Sniper Rifles for the HG 1/144 is still highly unlikeley though. :heh:

Znozzy 2010-07-21 19:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 3147749)
Hmmm yes you're right. XD

Although the possibility of it having 10 GN Sniper Rifles for the HG 1/144 is still highly unlikeley though. :heh:

true. but at the same time they might give us nontransformable dummy rifles in bit/funnel-configuration (assuming there is one) instead of 2 transformable rifles and 6 dummy containers

cupcakes4chris 2010-07-21 23:37

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_UVRoF5dMi7...wI/s1600/1.jpg

Amazing boxart!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:10.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.