AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Bleach (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   (L) Bleach - Thousand-Year Blood War Arc - anime episode discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=155059)

Stark700 2020-03-18 04:36

Bleach - Thousand-Year Blood War Arc - anime episode discussion

Bleach Thousand-Year Blood War arc anime adaptation confirmed. Time for a new discussion thread?

https://twitter.com/AIR_News01/statu...00007141060611

—————————————-

[MOD edit] Episode discussion begins here

Hakai 2020-03-18 05:08

This news got me feeling like Number 1 again

LET'S GOOOOOOOOO

MCAL 2020-03-20 17:59

I wonder if they'll adapt the Narita novels after this too?

Kanon 2020-03-20 18:03

I'm really hoping Kubo will be involved in this adaptation and that it will include everything he couldn't do in the manga.

I'm not a fan of this arc, but I'm still excited that Bleach is coming back. It's the first anime I started watching weekly. The most important thing is to bring back the same person for the soundtrack.

Calca 2020-03-20 19:29

For the first time this would be a situation where we WANT filler content.

anime fan99 2020-03-20 22:50

so will they do Everything but the rain

darthfury78 2020-03-20 22:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calca (Post 6406545)

Super excited that Bleach is coming back. When the series returns, 9 years will have passed since the last story arc. A long time coming like Inuyasha: The Final Act over a decade ago.

SILENTANIMELOVER 2020-03-20 23:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanon (Post 6406533)
I'm really hoping Kubo will be involved in this adaptation and that it will include everything he couldn't do in the manga.

I'm not a fan of this arc, but I'm still excited that Bleach is coming back. It's the first anime I started watching weekly. The most important thing is to bring back the same person for the soundtrack.

You took the words right out of my mouth. His involvement could fix Bleach's reputation.

Calca 2020-03-21 05:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by SILENTANIMELOVER (Post 6406580)
You took the words right out of my mouth. His involvement could fix Bleach's reputation.

It wasn't Kubo's fault that it ended the way it did. There were even a couple jabs from Kubo in the last few chapters about how he couldn't show everything he wanted to because SJ forced him to finish the manga.

MAX_COLA_POWER! 2020-03-21 06:07

Outside of my dread as to how much this will be censored due to it being one of the most graphic arcs in the series' history, I am curious about who they'll cast besides our usual group, not to mention they need to re-cast Shigekuni since his old VA sadly passed away a long while ago. Maybe they can incorporate the novels in-between the and after the arc too.

Kanon 2020-03-21 08:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! (Post 6406636)
Outside of my dread as to how much this will be censored due to it being one of the most graphic arcs in the series' history, I am curious about who they'll cast besides our usual group, not to mention they need to re-cast Shigekuni since his old VA sadly passed away a long while ago. Maybe they can incorporate the novels in-between the and after the arc too.

It's possible it will be a late night anime. I'm also wondering if it will be Pierrot or another studio getting it.

Guido 2020-03-21 10:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! (Post 6406636)

To me the dread won't come from censoring the anime rather the selected staff rushing through the anime and skipping juicy contents from the manga's arc in order to be done with it in one swift go.

That has happened before with the anime adaptations for InuYasha Kanketsu-hen, Bakuman season 3, and Tokyo Ghoul :re season 2, and probably with other titles as well.

alex_drian 2020-03-21 11:53

Fucking great! so is confirmed then? I'm really glad, I actually have 0 interest in the Burn of the Witch one, so this gets me going.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calca (Post 6406545)

Do you remember that the filler in Bleach is horribly intrusive, even if they are quite entertaining?

Calca 2020-03-21 18:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by alex_drian (Post 6406715)
Fucking great! so is confirmed then? I'm really glad, I actually have 0 interest in the Burn of the Witch one, so this gets me going.

Do you remember that the filler in Bleach is horribly intrusive, even if they are quite entertaining?

I meant I want filler because the manga was rushed to hell and a ton of stuff wasn't explained or fleshed out and this way Kubo can explain everything.

Kanon 2020-03-21 19:30

I hadn't seen the reveal video. I'm going to try keeping this as vague as possible, but there's something about it that pretty much spoils the biggest twist of the arc.

I hadn't realized the arc was this long either. It's indeed more likely they're going to rush it than add content.

cyberdemon 2020-03-21 21:41

I'm looking forward to this and I am rewatching the anime (likely will skip the fillers) to get ready. Shipping wars are about to ramp up again which will be hilarious. I remember when Naruto anime was finishing up that Narusaku fans were convinced they were going to get a different epilogue in the anime. Sadly I expect it to happen again here.

MAX_COLA_POWER! 2020-03-22 02:54

Oh those will be fun. I wonder who's gonna get the viking funeral for their ship next?

Requiem-x 2020-03-22 07:57

Not super interested, but at least people will get to see

Spoiler for Spoiler:

in all its glory, so there's that, at least.

Zolton 2020-03-28 09:47

I didn't get the impression Kubo was rushed at all. The chapters were slow as a snail because he kept filling them with huge panels and double spreads with minimum things going on. And I'm not counting on the anime to fill in the gaps.

ImperialFlameGod8190 2020-03-28 09:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zolton (Post 6408057)
I didn't get the impression Kubo was rushed at all. The chapters were slow as a snail because he kept filling them with huge panels and double spreads with minimum things going on. And I'm not counting on the anime to fill in the gaps.

Admittedly it's been a while since i read the manga and TBH the lack of things happening kinda pissed me off but it's gotta be upwards of 50 episodes if they get everything even from the manga. Bleach's biggest weakness has been that despite having a massive world and a massive amount of vast characters, it's a pretty simple storyline. I would've been perfectly okay if they never animated it and the fact it took this long should be very telling