AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   One Piece (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   One Piece - Chapter 958 [manga] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=154321)

marvelB 2019-10-03 05:54

One Piece - Chapter 958 [manga]
 
Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Yo, guys! As has been the case with the last couple chapters, not much info is out at the moment, but we'll have to make do! Credit goes to Sandman and co. at AP for the spoilers:

-Chapter title is "The Promised Port". Ministory continues the encounter between Capone's crew and the musician who mistook Chiffon for Lola. He says that Lola just recently visited Dressrosa!

-The chapter begins with a flashback of the Roger pirates! Shortly before the great pirate era began, the crew is shown throwing a party onboard their ship. Roger gets into an argument with Crocus about their drinking habits, while Rayleigh, Buggy, and Shanks are hanging out with Oden. Apparently, they want to help him open Wano's borders to the outside world, but the samurai refuses, saying that this is a task that can only be handled by the Kouzuki clan alone. He further explains that it's a mystery as to why Wano isolated itself in the first place, but he intends to become the next shogun and open the country's borders, a dream he's had for twenty years now.....

-Twenty-five years later, back in the present time, Act 3 of the Wano arc begins! Orochi and his servants set off for Onigashima to join in the Fire Festival! Curiously, it's the yakuza boss Kyoushirou who will be watching over the capital in the shogun's absence. Meanwhile, Momonosuke's group reach the port in Udon, but.... no ships, nor any of their 4000 soldiers, can be found. In fact, there are signs that an attack occurred! Kinemon tries to get in contact with Luffy and Hyou, but is unable to. As the chapter ends, we see Orochi partying with babes at Onigashima. It's here we learn that an incident had taken place the previous night....!!!!

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

grecefar 2019-10-03 07:47

wow that was like the fastest war ever~

Kanon 2019-10-03 10:55

I'm honestly disappointed we're back to Wano already.

Void 2019-10-03 11:47

The Scabbards are all safe. Is just further proof that the traitor is one of them.

Wandering Soul 2019-10-03 13:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanon (Post 6374891)
I'm honestly disappointed we're back to Wano already.

Yeah, I was hoping we get a few more chapters showing what was happening outside of Wano.

Rainbowman 2019-10-03 14:27

I wonder if this “incident” had anything to do with those Oni we saw when act 2 ended?

Hakai 2019-10-04 02:20

Well this chapter was depressing(second part).

Drunk Roger! His face lol. Seeing Crocus punching him like that makes me feel his relationship with his crew was similar to Luffy's(well that's kinda expected).

Seems like everyone was a fan of Oden-san. And we still only see his silhouette. Damn Oda continues hyping him up. I have a feeling his full flashback is going to be absolutely epic.

Kaz_ 2019-10-04 02:52

Damn I've been so lost in all those Wano politics for a while, it was so refreshing to see Roger and his crew acting all drunk, laughing, beating and encouraging each other. Good old One Piece spirit.

marvelB 2019-10-04 10:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanon (Post 6374891)
I'm honestly disappointed we're back to Wano already.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wandering Soul (Post 6374965)
Yeah, I was hoping we get a few more chapters showing what was happening outside of Wano.

Truth be told, I'm not the least bit surprised we returned to Wano already. I'm actually more surprised that we had two chapters of Oda dropping bombs in the outside world (I'd figured we would only have one before we moved on to Act 3). Frankly, despite my hunger for more Reverie-related happenings, I'm satisfied with what we have for the moment..... after all, the last couple chapters, at the very least, painted a bigger picture of what danger Kaidou and Big Mom represents by forming their alliance.....

--------------------

Anyways, that flashback at the start certainly was amusing. Poor Buggy, he just can't stand playing second fiddle to Shanks, can he? :heh: Actually, I wonder how big his bounty is now that he's no longer a warlord? I sorta wouldn't be surprised if it jumped past the billion range due to his connection to Roger (though still behind Shanks, due to him still being #2 :heh:).

What else... oh yeah, Okiku looks pretty badass in that armor, IMO. And of course, I'm not surprised that the port was attacked since Orochi got tipped off about it at the end of the second act. So most likely, those soldiers and Hiyori were all captured by the shogun's forces and are being held prisoner, I guess. Of course, this could also turn out to be part of a bigger plot to turn the tables on Orochi since it's heavily implied he's got traitors in his midst (possibly Kyoushirou, DEFINITELY Drake).....

Kanon 2019-10-04 10:47

Given that Luffy and his crew are among the missing people, it's definitely not what it looks like. I'm sure everyone is just fine. This may in fact be a ploy to unmask the traitor.

Tuor 2019-10-04 22:17

The end of this chapter reminds me of the one in Tottoland where it looked as if the Sunny had been sunk by Big Mom. Though I dislike having to wait 2 weeks (or more) to find out what really happened.

cyberdemon 2019-10-05 15:32

Starting to wonder if Oden is alive and is a character we know considering all the effort to not show his face yet in the manga. Or maybe it will turn out that he is Zoro's father and not showing his face is to keep that surprise hidden since they look identical.

Superstars 2019-10-05 15:44

Not surprised we are back.

Hakai 2019-10-05 16:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyberdemon (Post 6375607)
Starting to wonder if Oden is alive and is a character we know considering all the effort to not show his face yet in the manga. Or maybe it will turn out that he is Zoro's father and not showing his face is to keep that surprise hidden since they look identical.

That'll make Hiyori his sister :heh:

cyberdemon 2019-10-05 16:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragon Sin (Post 6375614)
That'll make Hiyori his sister :heh:

Well they haven’t done anything inappropriate

Hakai 2019-10-05 17:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyberdemon (Post 6375620)
Well they haven’t done anything inappropriate

I know, I just thought it'd be funny since a lot of people are shipping them hard already.

Anyway I doubt Oden looked identical to Zoro, someone would have pointed that out by now. But maybe he looks similar to some other character, that could surprise the readers.

cyberdemon 2019-10-05 17:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragon Sin (Post 6375626)
I know, I just thought it'd be funny since a lot of people are shipping them hard already.

Anyway I doubt Oden looked identical to Zoro, someone would have pointed that out by now. But maybe he looks similar to some other character, that could surprise the readers.

Well there has to be some reason oda refuses to show his face despite the fact that he is supposed to be dead. It must mean his face is recognizable.

Thinking about Rocks. What if it turned out that he was Luffys other grandfather? Garp mentioned the possibility of the Rocks pirates reforming being a threat beyond anything else. Yet he was grinning while saying that. What if he was thinking about if these former rocks pirates joining under Luffy in the future? Knowing he is heir to the Rocks pirates. I think that would be a lot more interesting than if Luffys mother was some snooty world noble like Im and instead the daughter of one of the most dangerous pirates that used to exist. Pirating would be in Luffys blood. We’ve also known garp to hide the children of his enemies like he did with Ace

Ramero 2019-10-05 23:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyberdemon (Post 6375628)
Well there has to be some reason oda refuses to show his face despite the fact that he is supposed to be dead. It must mean his face is recognizable.

Thinking about Rocks. What if it turned out that he was Luffys other grandfather? Garp mentioned the possibility of the Rocks pirates reforming being a threat beyond anything else. Yet he was grinning while saying that. What if he was thinking about if these former rocks pirates joining under Luffy in the future? Knowing he is heir to the Rocks pirates. I think that would be a lot more interesting than if Luffys mother was some snooty world noble like Im and instead the daughter of one of the most dangerous pirates that used to exist. Pirating would be in Luffys blood. We’ve also known garp to hide the children of his enemies like he did with Ace

Garp also grinning before Marineford War during when Rayleigh was at slave auction. Let's just say he got a foresight or intuition that his prediction will come true. It's very rare to have a CO (Commanding Officer) have a great foresight like that. I personally want Garp to become a Fleet Admiral and Tsuru remains as Number Two at Marines since both have a great strategic mind than current FA (Which in this case Akainu or Sakazuki).

necrolyte 2019-10-06 03:20

^They said that Garp declined being Fleet Admiral many times before and they stated his reasons. I don't think this will ever happen.

On the other topic you were discussing, about Luffy being someone else famous(his mother being Im or Rox being his gf) child, I am actually really agains it. I am sick of such connections because it looks like whatever Luffy has acomplished is because of his blood and not of his beliefs, motivation and hard work.

The Small One 2019-10-06 03:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by necrolyte (Post 6375722)
On the other topic you were discussing, about Luffy being someone else famous(his mother being Im or Rox being his gf) child, I am actually really agains it. I am sick of such connections because it looks like whatever Luffy has acomplished is because of his blood and not of his beliefs, motivation and hard work.

Well, tecnically it's already too late for this. Luffy is a "D"… even though we still don't really know what this stands for, I think there are no doubst that it has to do with those people who are destined for something big.
I think officially we still have no confirmation, if this D is inherited by the mother or the father (Ace's parents both were D, we know nothing about Dragon's and Luffy's mothers)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:28.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.