AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   the game graveyard... (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=15113)

Sid_Burn 2004-06-08 04:20

the game graveyard...

here we pay our respects to the games we couldn't wait to see...and never will.

Dune Generations

Cryo's ambitious attempt and making up for Mankind. DG was goign to be an MMOG with lovely visuals and three planes of gameplay (ground RTS, Space RTS and empire management). Since i did have SOME fun playing Mankind, i had some high expections for this one, and not to mention quite a deal of anticipation.

Problem was that cryo is pretty well known for making piss poor games, and i feared that Generations would be another.

Unfortunately, i will never know.

*salutes

P.S. I dont know where to put this... bec. in the game discussion forum, it is for(only) discussing anime related games

Necrodeath 2004-06-08 07:46

I'd like to pay a tribute to a game that will probably never see the daylight...

Total Annihilation 2

Total Annihilation was a great game (I still play it to this day with some other freaks) and Kingdoms was also good. Secretly I hope that someday someone will anounce that they have been working on TA2 for years now, and that it will come out this year.....Ya right.... :sad:

Sid_Burn 2004-06-08 07:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Necrodeath
I'd like to pay a tribute to a game that will probably never see the daylight...

Total Annihilation 2

Total Annihilation was a great game (I still play it to this day with some other freaks) and Kingdoms was also good. Secretly I hope that someday someone will anounce that they have been working on TA2 for years now, and that it will come out this year.....Ya right.... :sad:

wat kind of game is that?... is that a strategy, FPS, etc...?

Necrodeath 2004-06-08 08:03

Futuristic RTS.

Dunno the story exactly, but it goes something like this:

Spoiler for story:

It's just an awesome game...

Biohazard 2004-06-08 10:14

Wootage! Yeah, i LOVE totan anhihalation ... it ruled =)
I love how many units exist

Sid_Burn 2004-06-09 09:23

Quote:

Futuristic RTS.

Dunno the story exactly, but it goes something like this:

Spoiler for story:

It's just an awesome game...

That could have been a nice game... anyway... anymore dead games???

JubeiYamazaki 2004-06-09 15:17

Capcom All-Stars. Not the 2D crap coming out soon, it was originally a 3D game with 20+ characters, but Capcom dropped it.

Red Dead Revolver - Another game Capcom dropped, Rockstar picked up, and did kill it . So to me, the true verison never came about.

Sid_Burn 2004-06-09 15:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by jubei yamazaki
Red Dead Revolver - Another game Capcom dropped, Rockstar picked up, and did kill it . So to me, the true verison never came about.

poor game... a really poor game...

Kyuven 2004-06-09 16:33

Starfox 2 ^_^;

Duke Nukem Forever
Daikatana (it may have finally been released, but it was already half dead)

Cruzz 2004-06-09 18:13

Fallout 3, Black Isle got axed so I guess it'll never see the light of day. I was kinda hoping that one day I'd see a Planescape: Torment sequel as well but I guess that won't happen either :(

Quote:

Total Annihilation 2

This is exactly what seems to be happening. The news article is fairly old, but as far as anyone seems to know, TA2 is still on schedule for a late 2004 release. Don't get your hopes up too high though, it's being worked on by a completely different company than the original.

Remian 2004-06-24 16:57

Super Smash Bros 3 Sega Saga.

This game was gonna be awesome, but a recent agument regarding Sonic Heroes made this game go down the drain :(

It may come soon, but i doubt it....

Banisher 2004-06-24 18:44

I have to say "All the adventure games that LucasArts canceled". They were like the king of the adventure game, with hits such as Day of the Tentacle, Sam and Max Hit the Road, the Secret of Monkey Island serie, etc. I have lots of memories of those games when I was kid. When Monkey Island 3 was out, I feared the spirit would be lost, and it was a great game, as funny as its predecessor. I still didn't play the fourth.

I know they had few projects, but they canceled them, because adventure games were not selling enough on PC. Probably because people wanted more Quake / Warcraft clones.

Remian 2004-06-26 07:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Banisher
I know they had few projects, but they canceled them, because adventure games were not selling enough on PC. Probably because people wanted more Quake / Warcraft clones.

Because we Americans, despite Columbine and all other crazy incidents, we AMERICANS JUST CANT GET ENOUGH OF SHOOTING PEOPLE IN THE HEAD :twitch:

I like FPS too, but nothing beats a good adventure game.

El Diablo 2004-06-26 07:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyuven
Starfox 2 ^_^;

Duke Nukem Forever
Daikatana (it may have finally been released, but it was already half dead)

Daikatana did come out, half dead and utterly crap. So realistically it was dead, not half dead.

As for Starfox 2, its still in development isn't it? O_o

HK anime seeker 2004-06-27 02:39

Duke nuken forever *cough* Forever* *Cough*

Sid_Burn 2004-06-27 03:05

I thought it was going to be released after Doom2003?...

MwyC 2004-06-27 15:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sid_Burn
I thought it was going to be released after Doom2003?...

yep
and just before half life 6

SwiftStar 2004-06-27 19:23

True Fantasy Live Online.
Microsoft sticks a dagger in the hearts of all its loyal XBOX Live owners who have been starving for a really good mmorpg. I know a bunch of people who are starving for an online game that isnt sports or shooting. This thing would've sold like crazy if it was anything but horrible.

Ending 2004-06-28 06:21

Have to agree with DN Forever; vaporware of the year. :D

maxthelostboy 2004-06-28 17:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Remian
Because we Americans, despite Columbine and all other crazy incidents, we AMERICANS JUST CANT GET ENOUGH OF SHOOTING PEOPLE IN THE HEAD :twitch:

I like FPS too, but nothing beats a good adventure game.

thats a highly unthoughtful statement and i doubt anyone likes shooting people in the head especially the dead at columbine